Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Matt Walsh update? *UPDATE*

think about the tapes in question..... the only plays st. louis walked thru were redzone plays....... where did they struggle in the supebowl? thats right the redzone

Think about it. The Rams were in the red zone once and they scored that one time.

think about the tapes in question..... the only plays st. louis walked thru were redzone plays....... where did they struggle in the supebowl? thats right the redzone

What part of the field did Warner throw his picks? Far from the redzone. :dunno:

Try watching the game before you make up stuff. :dunno:

Think about it. The Rams were in the red zone once and they scored that one time.

Not so fast fatboy.

On that drive, the Rams had the ball 1st and goal from the 9 yard line and it took a 4th down pass interference call on Willie McGinnest to get them a 1st down. How did they end up scoring? on a qb sneak on 2nd and goal from the 2. A play the rams didn't use during their walk through.

Now I'm not saying the patriots did in fact record the walk through. I'm just saying for the haters, the evindence is there if they want it to be.

This is my take on the situation. The league said the Pats cheated and we now know it went back to 2002. That taints everything they have done since 2002. No way around it for Pats fans. Now lets look at those years more closely.

The Pats were a doormat of a franchise for nearly a decade.

The Pats then hire a failed and disgraced coach from the Browns.

In short order they become a dynasty with a bunch of no-name players, a coach noone wanted, and a QB no-one wanted for 5 rounds of the draft.

I think its safe to say its obvious now how that all happened and I believe we still don't know half of what really happened. It still has never been explained why the Pats had multiple open frequencies during that Jets game when you are only allowed one. I think their cheating goes much deeper than videotaping defensive signals but we may never know the truth because the NFL has too much at stake to let the truth get out.

Face it Pats fans, your team is branded as a cheater and that will never go away.

In short order they become a dynasty with a bunch of no-name players, a coach noone wanted, and a QB no-one wanted for 5 rounds of the draft.

I like how you try to rewrite history. The Pats went to the Super Bowl and made the playoffs in 4 out of 5 years at one point during the Parcells/Carroll eras. The Pats were a perennial playoff team but started slipping each year that Carroll was there and that was why Belichick was brought in. That is a far cry from being a "doormat of a franchise for nearly a decade".

Not so fast fatboy.

On that drive, the Rams had the ball 1st and goal from the 9 yard line and it took a 4th down pass interference call on Willie McGinnest to get them a 1st down. How did they end up scoring? on a qb sneak on 2nd and goal from the 2. A play the rams didn't use during their walk through.

Now I'm not saying the patriots did in fact record the walk through. I'm just saying for the haters, the evindence is there if they want it to be.

It was a holding penalty. :thumbsup:

It was a holding penalty. :bandana:

meh, same thing, still a 1st down. Faulk was tackled coming out of the backfield, cause Willie knew exactly where he was going to be from watching the tape

meh, same thing, still a 1st down. Faulk was tackled coming out of the backfield, cause Willie knew exactly where he was going to be from watching the tape

Rumor I heard was the tape was being played on the Titan Tron in view of the Patriots defense.

Rumor I heard was the tape was being played on the Titan Tron in view of the Patriots defense.

I'm not saying there is or was a tape. I'm saying if you're a hater, there can be evidence there was, if you look at it that way.

This is my take on the situation. The league said the Pats cheated and we now know it went back to 2002. That taints everything they have done since 2002. No way around it for Pats fans. Now lets look at those years more closely.

I think its safe to say its obvious now how that all happened and I believe we still don't know half of what really happened. It still has never been explained why the Pats had multiple open frequencies during that Jets game when you are only allowed one. I think their cheating goes much deeper than videotaping defensive signals but we may never know the truth because the NFL has too much at stake to let the truth get out.

Face it Pats fans, your team is branded as a cheater and that will never go away.

yup. looks like the winning formula to me!! :overhead:

:dunno:

The NFL released the following statement today:

"An agreement has been completed between the NFL and Matt Walsh that will allow Mr. Walsh, a former videotape operator with the New England Patriots, to share with the NFL information about activities occurring during his employment with the club from 1997-2003.

Commissioner Goodell will meet with Mr. Walsh in the commissioner’s office on Tuesday, May 13, the earliest date that Mr. Walsh, who lives in Hawaii, will be available on the east coast.

The agreement also requires Mr. Walsh to return any tapes and other items in his possession that belong to the Patriots. In return, the NFL and the Patriots have promised not to sue Mr. Walsh. They also will indemnify him for any expenses, including legal fees that he incurs in connection with the interview.

Commissioner Goodell determined last September that the Patriots had violated league rules by videotaping opposing coaches' defensive signals during Patriots games throughout Bill Belichick’s tenure as head coach. Coach Belichick admitted to his use of the taping practice on a regular basis as a result of what he said was his misinterpretation of the rule.

Commissioner Goodell imposed substantial discipline on Coach Belichick and the club as a result of that practice. The interview with Mr. Walsh will seek to determine whether he has any new information about that videotaping practice or other possible violations of league rules.

Following the meeting with Mr. Walsh on May 13, there will be a news media briefing later that day in New York that will be attended by Commissioner Goodell."

:overhead: PROGRESS!!!!!! :music_guitarred:

WHY May the 13th? Gawdamn. I think this fairy is just dragging shiit out 1) Becuase he doesn't have diick. and 2) Because he's dragging out his 15 minutes of fame.

Focking put up or shut up already, huh??

WHY May the 13th? Gawdamn. I think this fairy is just dragging shiit out 1) Becuase he doesn't have diick. and 2) Because he's dragging out his 15 minutes of fame.

Focking put up or shut up already, huh??

Mort said the rumors are he has nothing, but we all know how reliable mort can be.

Mort said the rumors are he has nothing, but we all know how reliable mort can be.

Dan Rather told him...

I say it is video of Matt Walsh and a bunch of his buddies in the backyard with Rams uniforms on doing a walkthrough.

Walsh has tapes, but not of walkthrough

Former Patriots employee Matt Walsh certified in writing that he will turn over eight stolen videotapes to the NFL that show the signals of opposing teams, but the smoking gun that some believed Walsh might provide - a tape of the St. Louis Rams' walkthrough prior to Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002 - is not included.

The NFL has not yet seen the tapes, only the certification letter. The tapes will be delivered to the league office today.

Under an agreement between the NFL and Walsh, today marked the deadline for Walsh to turn over all materials in his possession that related to the Patriots' videotaping of opponents.

As part of the agreement, the Patriots agreed not to pursue legal action against Walsh as long as he returned the stolen tapes and boxes of stolen memorabilia, and speaks truthfully with commissioner Roger Goodell Tuesday in New York.

According to the certification document obtained by the Globe, the tapes include:

Signals from Dolphins coaches in a game Sept. 24, 2000.

Offensive and defensive signals of Dolphins coaches from a game Oct. 7, 2001.

Signals from Bills coaches from a Nov. 11, 2001, game.

Signals from Browns coaches from a game Dec. 9, 2001.

Two tapes of signals from Steelers coaches from the 2001 AFC Championship game, held Jan. 27, 2002.

Signals from Chargers coaches from a game Sept. 29, 2002.

Yet perhaps more noteworthy than what Walsh will provide to the NFL is what he won't - the tape of the Rams' walkthrough.

The Boston Herald, citing an anonymous source, reported Feb. 2 that a Patriots employee had filmed the walk through, which the Patriots strongly denied. Walsh's lawyer, Michael Levy, told the New York Times yesterday that Walsh - who worked for the team from 1997-2003 - was not the source for the article.

In early April, Goodell said that if Walsh provided a tape of the Rams' walkthrough prior to Super Bowl XXXVI, he would consider additional penalties against the Patriots.

Goodell explained that the league's penalty against the Patriots early last season was for the totality of the team's videotaping actions, and that coach Bill Belichick acknowledged he had videotaped opposing signals since the start of his Patriots head coaching career.

If Walsh had new information, Goodell reiterated that he was committed to seeing it.

"If it's just taping of defensive signals, we know that," Goodell said April 2 at the NFL's annual meeting in Palm Beach, Fla. "The Patriots admitted to that. He seems to imply that he has something different and certainly something I would be concerned with if it's true. So, I'd like to see the evidence."

Yet when that evidence was delivered yesterday, it included nothing in addition to what Goodell and the league had previously seen, which led to the NFL stripping the Patriots of their 2008 first-round draft choice, and fines of $500,000 for Belichick and $250,000 for the team. The penalty came after the 2007 season opener in which the Patriots were caught filming the signals of Jets coaches.

"This is consistent with what the Patriots had admitted they had been doing, consistent with what we already knew," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail last night.

The Patriots, through spokesman Stacey James, said they are withholding comment at this time.

Belichick has steadfastly denied that the Patriots taped the Rams' walkthrough, and owner Robert Kraft also came out strongly against the Herald report.

"A newspaper made a damaging allegation about the so-called Matt Walsh affair. I believe it's something that never happened," Kraft said during the NFL's annual meeting March 31. "If so, why wouldn't - two months later - anything have come out? But we live in a society where people can make any kind of allegations. But then, it has to be substantiated."

:wall: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...of_walkthrough/ :overhead:

:)

Now we all know why it took so long. Fraud Walsh STOLE from the Patriots and he didn't want to get sued for lying about something he didn't have.

[patriothater] ya, bu, bu, but, they still cheated. i can say that because I was wrong about Walsh and I have to say something, right? [/patriothater] :shocking:

The only thing this proof does is disprove all the Pats fans who claim that the game against teh Jets was the first and only time they've cheated. This shows how long back the cheating goes.

It seems like a waste of time. If you catch your wife cheating on you, does it really matter if you find out later that she cheated on you years ago, as well? You either cheat or you don't.

The only thing this proof does is disprove all the Pats fans who claim that the game against teh Jets was the first and only time they've cheated. This shows how long back the cheating goes.

It seems like a waste of time. If you catch your wife cheating on you, does it really matter if you find out later that she cheated on you years ago, as well? You either cheat or you don't.

Now I'm confused Newbie, you calling my wife a slut or are you calling Bill Belicheat a slut??? :dunno:

OMG, No Walk through tape? Let me go back to my shtick about them being cheaters.

:dunno:

Now I'm confused Newbie, you calling my wife a slut or are you calling Bill Belicheat a slut??? :dunno:

I thought it was obvious... Belichick boffed your wife.

I thought it was obvious... Belichick boffed your wife.

I knew I saw that hoodie wearing focker taking off out the back door. Sh!t, now there's probably a tape of that too!!! :doublethumbsup:

OMG, No Walk through tape? Let me go back to my shtick about them being cheaters. :doublethumbsup:

So, unless there's a walk-through tape of the Rams' Super Bowl game, everything else is ok? :pointstosky:

So, unless there's a walk-through tape of the Rams' Super Bowl game, everything else is ok? :doublethumbsup:

BB admitted months ago they had been taping signals since he became head coach. All the Walsh tapes do is confirm this.

The Pats said they turned over everything they had. As far as we know, they did. If an ex employee had more tapes that they didn't know he had, that doesn't mean they held their own tapes back.

Summarized, nothing new here. All Walsh did was provide more proof of something that has already been proven and punished for.

So, unless there's a walk-through tape of the Rams' Super Bowl game, everything else is ok? :doublethumbsup:

Sure! That's what everyone in the media is saying. Isn't it obvious that while they cheated in all of those games including

AFC championship games...that no way did they cheat in the super bowl. so no bigdeal. I'm sure if Belichick did...he would

have admitted it to Goodell and not lied. This reaction is like saying: Well Clemens took steroids during the season...but not

during the postseason, so no harm done.

BB admitted months ago they had been taping signals since he became head coach. All the Walsh tapes do is confirm this.

The Pats said they turned over everything they had. As far as we know, they did. If an ex employee had more tapes that they didn't know he had, that doesn't mean they held their own tapes back.

Summarized, nothing new here. All Walsh did was provide more proof of something that has already been proven and punished for.

Actually, when he admitted it specified only 5 teams, and that it wasn't used in the same game. However, these new tapes show an additional 6 teams being taped and show clear evidence of taping of one of the AFC Championship games...how does the taping of that AFC Championship game benefit them for any other game but that one???

Sure! That's what everyone in the media is saying. Isn't it obvious that while they cheated in all of those games including

AFC championship games...that no way did they cheat in the super bowl. so no bigdeal. I'm sure if Belichick did...he would

have admitted it to Goodell and not lied. This reaction is like saying: Well Clemens took steroids during the season...but not

Even if the Pats taped defensive signals in the super bowl, I'm sure it didn't give them an advantage in that game. It was just in case they played those teams in next years regular season. :music_guitarred:

Even if the Pats taped defensive signals in the super bowl, I'm sure it didn't give them an advantage in that game. It was just in case they played those teams in next years regular season. :music_guitarred:

:shocking:

:music_guitarred:

The only way your team made it to the superbowl was by stealing signals and knowing the plays. I would be giving them thumbsdown too :shocking:

Actually, when he admitted it specified only 5 teams, and that it wasn't used in the same game. However, these new tapes show an additional 6 teams being taped and show clear evidence of taping of one of the AFC Championship games...

Well, it's kind of like finding out that Roger Clemens cheated with some other chick that hasn't been discovered yet. Does it really even matter at this point? Between the steroids and the affairs, Clemens' legacy has already been formed, both as a player and a family man. There's not much else that can be uncovered that would make a difference at this point.

Same goes for New England. No one (outside of Pats fans) really takes them, or any of their accomplishments, seriously anymore. Is finding out they cheated in a few more games really changing anyone's opinion? Hell no. There fate has been sealed. It's over.

The only reason the 'Super Bowl walkthrough tapes' are relevant, is because the NFL could then "officially" strip them of their title. In most fans' minds, those titles have already been stripped.

Actually, when he admitted it specified only 5 teams, and that it wasn't used in the same game. However, these new tapes show an additional 6 teams being taped and show clear evidence of taping of one of the AFC Championship games...how does the taping of that AFC Championship game benefit them for any other game but that one???

I just don't get where the story is.

BB said they started taping when he became head coach. That, I am sure of. I read it multiple places. He never said "We only taped 5 games over those 8 years".

Now the tapes they turned over were only of 5 teams, yes.... Supposedly because those were the only tapes they still had. But NOBODY thought those were the only 5 games taped.

As far as the AFC Championship game....They probably taped EVERY game. We all know that. That probably includes the 2nd game of the year against the Dolphins when there is no chance in hell of seeing them again that season.

If someone shows me the quote where BB says the only games they ever taped were of those tapes they still had and handed over, I'll admit I am wrong and he should be punished further.

Great post. No Rams Vid so they are off the hook? Did the afc title game vid help the Pats? Why do it if it didn't. I remember Steeler players stating on camera after that game that the Pats knew what was coming and shouting out their plays before the ran them. Why the nfl network and Boston sports tonight( I mean Espn) is not replaying these quotes that they made on camera after the game is beyond me. I remember playing N.E. the following years where they ran a no huddle scheme that we couldn't stop. Is it fair to say that the signals from afc title game was lifted and radioed 2 Brady? A lot of questions need asked that Goodell just isn't offering up.

Was the afc title game the only steeler vid or just the only vid that Walsh had. Was there one earlier in the season?

Do we know any scoop if spector dosen't grill goodell? Does Goody be honest with the public?

Do the Pats get homefield advantage and win their division wich helps them advance due to reglar season taping of the Jets,phins etc?

Even if the Pats taped defensive signals in the super bowl, I'm sure it didn't give them an advantage in that game. It was just in case they played those teams in next years regular season. :rolleyes:

Wow, that 52 - 7 loss last year really hurt you deep down didn't it? I'm sorry :unsure:

Worry not though, Daniel Snyder is running things. :shocking:

:rolleyes:

So what do u disagree with that I said.

Oh, I forgot- Nothing 2 see here. keep movin.

So what do u disagree with that I said.

Oh, I forgot- Nothing 2 see here. keep movin.

I don't disagree that the Pats cheated. Obviously it helped them win games and even titles ultimately.

But they have been punished for it. They were fined $550k and lost a 1st round draft pick.

The Walsh tapes showed nothing new. BB said they started taping games when he became coach. They were punished for that.

The Walsh tapes were of games taped while BB was coach. Where is the new info? They've already been punished for what Walsh has.

Wow, that 52 - 7 loss last year really hurt you deep down didn't it? I'm sorry :D

Worry not though, Daniel Snyder is running things. :mad:

18-1 took a lot of the sting out of that loss.