Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Pac Man would love to play for Dallas

i didn't want TO, but it seems that he has finally bought into the team concept, and he has earned my grudging respect. (i actually told him this when i met him at an addison nightclub in december--vue/972 for the locals)

Hey I'm just curious what TO's response to that was?...

I don't get it either. Seems like the Cowboys are only bidding against themselves at this point anyway.

I can't believe a team is even willing to acquire him - especially through a trade. He's Tennessee's problem - for them to either take him back or release him. I can't imagine they want to keep him around. If and/or when he gets cut then pursue the guy if you really want to. All the troubles he's had though, I wouldn't want him on my team.

He will not be a Titan.

According to numerous sources...nobody on the team wants him back. They all talked about the huge difference in the locker room this past season without PacMan.

So...its not just the off-the-field issues you have to worry about...its his effect on the locker room as well.

Hey, all I'm saying is that if I rooted for a team with the nerve to call themselves America's Team, I'd expect a little more out of my owner. I'd expect him to make decisions that were best for the franchise. By acting as GM Jerry Jones doesn't do that. The fact that they are seriously interested in a guy like Pacman Jones, who is still officially suspended by the league and by all accounts still a giant knucklehead, only reinforces my views.

Oh, and the TO timebomb is still ticking. If things get tough this season look out.

Hey, all I'm saying is that if I rooted for a team with the nerve to call themselves America's Team, I'd expect a little more out of my owner.

Umm. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but the objective is winning, not congenialty. If they get Pacman, and he goes back to his old ways, oh well, they gambled and lost. That's why he'll likely get only a one-year contract.

If he keeps his punk ass out of trouble, the Cowboys now have closed a hole in their defense, and greatly improved their chances of winning.

It's funny watching other's take shots at Dallas (secretly wishing for their demise).

Cut it out Gladstone.

It'll be pretty sweet to add Pacman to a roster of class acts like Tank Johnson, TO, and Ken Hamlin.

I was wondering what fockstain would say this. I figured there'd be some punk upset at Dallas possibly getting talented player.

Congrats!

Besides, you are obviously a Dallas hater (we've all read your posts, and an incredible amount of them are criticizing Dallas), so really, shouldn't you be glad if he was signed by Dallas, as it will obviously cause a collapse of the Cowboys, and a sub-500 record?

Umm. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but the objective is winning, not congenialty. If they get Pacman, and he goes back to his old ways, oh well, they gambled and lost. That's why he'll likely get only a one-year contract.

If he keeps his punk ass out of trouble, the Cowboys now have closed a hole in their defense, and greatly improved their chances of winning.

It's funny watching other's take shots at Dallas (secretly wishing for their demise).

Cut it out Gladstone.

You can justify it any way you want, but in the end the guy is a punk. If you choose to support him that is up to you but it does say something about your character and the character of the Dallas Cowboys. There is no right or wrong here, it just sends a message. If the objective is winning why was everyone so upset with Spy Gate?

Hey, all I'm saying is that if I rooted for a team with the nerve to call themselves America's Team, I'd expect a little more out of my owner. I'd expect him to make decisions that were best for the franchise. By acting as GM Jerry Jones doesn't do that. The fact that they are seriously interested in a guy like Pacman Jones, who is still officially suspended by the league and by all accounts still a giant knucklehead, only reinforces my views.

Oh, and the TO timebomb is still ticking. If things get tough this season look out.

The Cowboys didn't call themselves "America's Team". That label was attached to them by NFL Films.

"I'd expect him to make decisions that were best for the franchise"...isn't signing a premier corner for discount prices at a position that is in dire need of an upgrade "best for the franchise"?

The TO timebomb has been ticking for over two years now (according to the likes of you). We've been "looking out" since he was signed. I guess we'll keep waiting.

The Cowboys didn't call themselves "America's Team". That label was attached to them by NFL Films.

"I'd expect him to make decisions that were best for the franchise"...isn't signing a premier corner for discount prices at a position that is in dire need of an upgrade "best for the franchise"?

The TO timebomb has been ticking for over two years now (according to the likes of you). We've been "looking out" since he was signed. I guess we'll keep waiting.

TO and Pacman are two different people. TO may be a head case but he is not a thug, Pacman is a thug who constantly gets in trouble with the law. Don't you think the fact that only the Cowboys are interested in him says something? Justify it any way you want but for me I will lose a respect for any team that signs him and if my teams signs him I will turn in my season tickets. I find it sad that so many Cowboy Fans are excited about this possible signing.

Aside from the obvious fact of it being disgraceful that any team would welcome this thug into their organization, here is problem with this move:

The Cowboys have been a tallented team for a few years now, yet they have not won a playoff game in a decade. They sent a boat load of players to the probowl last year, yet were one and done once again in the playoffs. Their problem is not a lack of tallent.

Dallas is an immensly tallented, yet flawed football team. What cost them in the playoffs? Well, they killed themselves with penalties for one. They had poor tackling and lacked of concentration. They are an undiciplined team.

Usually when teams suffer a loss such as that one, they go back and analyze why they lost and go out and try to address those issues. So what do the Cowboys do? They go out and bring in Adam Pacman Jones? They come to the conclusion that this guy is the answer???

Sure, Pacman makes them a more tallented team. But that's not the issue, and this guy only compounds the problems.

Hey I'm just curious what TO's response to that was?...

he laughed and said that he had heard the same from a number of people. said he was happy that people in dallas were starting to get to know him, instead of just judging him off of espn sound bites.

Someone will fall due to injury which I cannot predict.

I think Jacobs and Portis fall out.

I think McGahee moves in with Cameron as his new OC.

I think in a ppr Bush could move in.

I think one of the 3 big rookies moves in depending on which team they end up with.

Aside from the obvious fact of it being disgraceful that any team would welcome this thug into their organization, here is problem with this move:

The Cowboys have been a tallented team for a few years now, yet they have not won a playoff game in a decade. They sent a boat load of players to the probowl last year, yet were one and done once again in the playoffs. Their problem is not a lack of tallent.

Dallas is an immensly tallented, yet flawed football team. What cost them in the playoffs? Well, they killed themselves with penalties for one. They had poor tackling and lacked of concentration. They are an undiciplined team.

Usually when teams suffer a loss such as that one, they go back and analyze why they lost and go out and try to address those issues. So what do the Cowboys do? They go out and bring in Adam Pacman Jones? They come to the conclusion that this guy is the answer???

Sure, Pacman makes them a more tallented team. But that's not the issue, and this guy only compounds the problems.

There is allot of truth here. I thought the team had no focus at all. Everyone including the team had Dallas penciled in for the SB last year. They just forgot that they had to play every game. The wins in Buffalo and Detriot didn't help either, it just gave them a false sense of security. Dallas has enough talent to win the SB, they just have to work harder and stay focused. I don't see Pacman doing that for them, he may even make things worse.

dude isn't even reinstated yet. he's a punk. Ain't never gonna NOT be a punk. Wouldn't touch him.

He is a punk but if the commish reinstates him then he deserves a chance. If Dallas is the only team willing to give him a chance (which is not the case) then they get a low risk high reward deal cause they are not going to give anything to get him but if he turns his life around what they will get will be huge. This is not the first time a player has had problems and a team gave said player another chance. The fact that it is Dallas makes a lot of people more verbal about this. It is not like if Dallas gives him a chance and it does not work out that this will hurt Dallas at all. They even stated that even if they land Pacman before the draft they will go into the draft as if their team roster had not change. They are not counting on this guy they are just hoping things work out. There is a big difference then if they were trying to get him and were counting on him as if their life depended on it. It is simply a smart move with almost no risk considering Pacman even said he is willing to opt out of his deal and sign a 1 year deal to try and get his career back on track.

If Dallas gets this guy and he turns his off the field problems around it is a big win for Dallas, if he does not then no biggie for Dallas but it is the end of the road for Pacman and my guess is he knows this.

You can justify it any way you want, but in the end the guy is a punk. If you choose to support him that is up to you but it does say something about your character and the character of the Dallas Cowboys. There is no right or wrong here, it just sends a message. If the objective is winning why was everyone so upset with Spy Gate?

Umm this is not on the same level as SPY GATE and the cheating New England Patriots. Getting a player with questionable character is not CHEATING it is taking a chance that some owners may not be willing to do. What the Patriots did is as low as you can go and nothing outside of another franchise CHEATING will ever be considered as LOW as the choking Patriots. They are tarnished forever! Dallas getting a player like Pacman will be forgotten when the next player with bad character gets another chance with whatever franchise. This is sadly a common thing in the sports world today, but it is not nearly as sad as the other thing that seems to be going on in today sports world and that is CHEATING. (In the dictionary New England Patriots right beside as an example)

So there is the reason everyone is upset with Spygate cause there is nothing you can do that is lower and this has NOTHING at all to do with the Cowboys signing Pacman. It does not even belong mentioned in this thread. Very bad there is NO comparison. Dallas does not cheat the Patriots do. Weak arse franchise period

let's see

TO has problems in philly, dallas brings in TO, no problems

tank has problems in chicago, dallas brings in tank, no problems,

hamlin has problems in seattle, dallas brings in hamlin, no problems.

seems like that's a testament to dallas and a poor reflection on those previous organizations.

This is what I am seeing: Many Cowboy fans that ripped on Pacman for over a year are ready to embrace him with open arm. That is about as pathetic as you can get. And saying he deservers another chance is a cop out. This guy has had dozens of chances; the door of opportunity is closed for this clown.

let's see

seems like that's a testament to dallas and a poor reflection on those previous organizations.

And no playoff wins!

The testament I see in this is not positive. It won't be long before Dallas is a reenactment of The Longest Yard.

This is what I am seeing: Many Cowboy fans that ripped on Pacman for over a year are ready to embrace him with open arm. That is about as pathetic as you can get. And saying he deservers another chance is a cop out. This guy has had dozens of chances; the door of opportunity is closed for this clown.

I'm a Cowboys homer, and I would love to have Pacman in my team's secondary. Our secondary depth is horrible, and it's worth the risk signing Pacman to a 1 year deal to improve our average at best secondary. There's hardly any risk in a 1 year deal like Pacman would get this season. Pacman is also a deadly punt return guy, and the cowboys have craptacular at best punt returners.

I'm a Cowboys homer, and I would love to have Pacman in my team's secondary. Our secondary depth is horrible, and it's worth the risk signing Pacman to a 1 year deal to improve our average at best secondary. There's hardly any risk in a 1 year deal like Pacman would get this season. Pacman is also a deadly punt return guy, and the cowboys have craptacular at best punt returners.

You are right. For teams that just throw people in there, there is no risk. But if your looking to build something and develop guys to play within a system, then I beg to differ. Dallas lost in the playoffs because they were undiciplined and lacked concentration, not because of a lack of tallent. I fail to see how Pacman is the answer. The guy is a disgrace, but I guess that doesn't mean anything to Cowboy fans.

You are right. For teams that just throw people in there, there is no risk. But if your looking to build something and develop guys to play within a system, then I beg to differ. Dallas lost in the playoffs because they were undiciplined and lacked concentration, not because of a lack of tallent. I fail to see how Pacman is the answer. The guy is a disgrace, but I guess that doesn't mean anything to Cowboy fans.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I don't want Pac-Man Jones and he stole the nickname from the great original video game character. Adam Pac-Man Jones is a thug and I don't want thugs representing the Dallas Cowboys. I don't know why Goodell would even reinstate him. Since, we fans don't have a choice in the matter as it sounds like Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are going to bring him in, we don't have much choice but to find the positives, and he is a very good corner and punt returner and it won't cost much to trade for him or pay him.

And what if the guy stays out of trouble from now on? He may just do it.

If so, Dallas would have a probowl corner back/punt returner on their roster for a low price.

The risk is worth the reward, just like it has been so far with TO in Dallas.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I don't want Pac-Man Jones and he stole the nickname from the great original video game character. Adam Pac-Man Jones is a thug and I don't want thugs representing the Dallas Cowboys. I don't know why Goodell would even reinstate him. Since, we fans don't have a choice in the matter as it sounds like Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are going to bring him in, we don't have much choice but to find the positives, and he is a very good corner and punt returner and it won't cost much to trade for him or pay him.

That's fair enough. I would probably feel the same way.

And what if the guy stays out of trouble from now on? He may just do it.

If so, Dallas would have a probowl corner back/punt returner on their roster for a low price.

The risk is worth the reward, just like it has been so far with TO in Dallas.

I was responding to a poster who said there was very little risk. I disagree. For starters, if the Cowboys trade for Jones, CB drops down the list of priorities and would likely draft differently with him than without him. If he screws up, he screwed them out of a chance to treat CB as the appropriate priority in the draft.

Then there is the time committment. If you invest the time in a guy in camp and he later screws up and you have to drop the guy, that's a lot of lost and valued reps for your plan B. Consistency and continuity are important for a defense. If this guy screws up, there is no question he sets them back.

By the way, you can't call Pacman a probowl calibur CB at this point.

let's see

Which one of those 3 has had as many problems as Pac-man?

I will give you a hint...you could put all 3 of those together and they don't have the amount of problems as Pac has had.

I was responding to a poster who said there was very little risk. I disagree. For starters, if the Cowboys trade for Jones, CB drops down the list of priorities and would likely draft differently with him than without him. If he screws up, he screwed them out of a chance to treat CB as the appropriate priority in the draft.

Then there is the time committment. If you invest the time in a guy in camp and he later screws up and you have to drop the guy, that's a lot of lost and valued reps for your plan B. Consistency and continuity are important for a defense. If this guy screws up, there is no question he sets them back.

By the way, Pacman has not shown to be a probowl calibur CB at this point.

I think the risk is worth the reward when it comes to a probowl talent guy like Pacman. If he were not a probowl talent player, I would say no way.

I think the risk is worth the reward when it comes to a probowl talent guy like Pacman. If he were not a probowl talent player, I would say no way.

I didn't say if I felt the risks were worth it. Perhaps they are, perhaps not. I was responding to your suggestion that the risks were minimal. I also contend that Pacman is not a probowl CB. Not yet at least.

And this is the problem with athletes, the better they are the more they get away with and it starts in grade school. It should not matter how good a player is. It looks like everyone in the league is sending a message but Dallas. Personally I could never cheer for a guy like Adam Jones.

Justify it any way you want but for me I will lose a respect for any team that signs him and if my teams signs him I will turn in my season tickets.

Oh bullshit, and then you have to put your name back on the waiting list which is 20 years and counting :headbanger: .

Sounds like there are a lot of thugs in the nfl. :cry:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=309952

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=265419

Is Pacman the Thuggiest? What about Haynesworth smashing his cleet down on dudes face 2 years ago?

I recall lots of wife/girlfriend beaters on the NFJAIL list. That's only mild though because that's their first time and they got caught. :banana:

Oh bullshit, and then you have to put your name back on the waiting list which is 20 years and counting :doublethumbsup: .

Sounds like there are a lot of thugs in the nfl. :shocking:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=309952

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=265419

Is Pacman the Thuggiest? What about Haynesworth smashing his cleet down on dudes face 2 years ago?

I recall lots of wife/girlfriend beaters on the NFJAIL list. That's only mild though because that's their first time and they got caught. :overhead:

Again...which one of them has done it as often as Pac Man?

How many people are in a wheel chair because of the actions of those other guys?

Haynesworth's action was on the field...it was deplorable...but it was within a game. "heat of the moment" type thing...and by several accounts, he and Gurode have talked it over and hung out during the pro-bowl this past year.

Again...which one of them has done it as often as Pac Man?

How many people are in a wheel chair because of the actions of those other guys?

Haynesworth's action was on the field...it was deplorable...but it was within a game. "heat of the moment" type thing...and by several accounts, he and Gurode have talked it over and hung out during the pro-bowl this past year.

and what about all the beaten and bruised girls?

let's see

:wall:

The ONLY reason TO has behaved himself in Dallas is because of the organization in Philly. He truly did learn a lesson when they benched his ass and took his money away in the process. He's even said as much...that he learned a lot from that situation. I'd say it was a testiment to the Eagles organization for sticking to their guns and teaching TO a lesson, even if it did benefit another team.

As for the Cowboys getting Pacman; winning at all costs is NOT a positive message to be sending. BUT, that never stopped them before and it hasn't seemed to hurt their image one iota, so go for it and enjoy. You deserve whatever comes with having him on your team. :pointstosky:

Jerry, the organization, and all their fans deserve everything that comes along with a person of his integrity.

:cheers:

Championship.

PACKMEN WANT PACMAN?

Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2008, 7:11 a.m.

We need to preface this one by pointing out that it isn’t an April Fool’s gag. (We’re out of the April Fool’s Day business for the first time in our six-plus-year history because each year more and more people believe the intentionally phony stories, which undermines our unintentionally phony stories.)

The Green Bay Packers are interested in Pacman Jones. Our good friends at Sporting News mentioned the possibility in last week’s magazine, with the image of a dejected Reggie Wayne on the cover (or, alternatively, he’d just been kicked in the nuts).

On the surface, the Packers don’t need Pacman because they have Al Harris and Charles Woodson. But Harris will turn 34 in December and Woodson will be 32 in October, so at some point the Packers have to think about going younger.

Whether the guy who makes it rain will be accepted by the folks who make it cheese remains to be seen. Many of the Green Bay fans didn’t want Randy Moss last year, even though his presence arguably would have been the difference between an NFC title game loss and a Super Bowl triumph.

And Pacman is an even higher level of turd, so we can’t imagine the folks in Green Bay reacting well to Brett Favre’s legend being followed by Adam Jones.

On Monday, it was reported that teams other than the Cowboys are interested in Jones. Those teams have not yet been identified.

PACKMEN WANT PACMAN?

Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2008, 7:11 a.m.

We need to preface this one by pointing out that it isn’t an April Fool’s gag. (We’re out of the April Fool’s Day business for the first time in our six-plus-year history because each year more and more people believe the intentionally phony stories, which undermines our unintentionally phony stories.)

The Green Bay Packers are interested in Pacman Jones. Our good friends at Sporting News mentioned the possibility in last week’s magazine, with the image of a dejected Reggie Wayne on the cover (or, alternatively, he’d just been kicked in the nuts).

On the surface, the Packers don’t need Pacman because they have Al Harris and Charles Woodson. But Harris will turn 34 in December and Woodson will be 32 in October, so at some point the Packers have to think about going younger.

Whether the guy who makes it rain will be accepted by the folks who make it cheese remains to be seen. Many of the Green Bay fans didn’t want Randy Moss last year, even though his presence arguably would have been the difference between an NFC title game loss and a Super Bowl triumph.

And Pacman is an even higher level of turd, so we can’t imagine the folks in Green Bay reacting well to Brett Favre’s legend being followed by Adam Jones.

On Monday, it was reported that teams other than the Cowboys are interested in Jones. Those teams have not yet been identified.

This article is really a piece of garage. I will not even address the Pacmac issue but to suggest that Randy Moss would have made the difference in the NYG game is just poor journalism at best. The GB WRs were not the problem in that game, the NYG were. The great NEP couldn't even beat the NYG with Moss. This whole article is trash.

This article is really a piece of garage. I will not even address the Pacmac issue but to suggest that Randy Moss would have made the difference in the NYG game is just poor journalism at best. The GB WRs were not the problem in that game, the NYG were. The great NEP couldn't even beat the NYG with Moss. This whole article is trash.

You're right...nevermind:

PACK DON’T WANT PACMAN

Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2008, 11:06 a.m.

Earlier in the day, we posted a non-April Fool’s April 1 report regarding a rumor in last week’s Sporting News that the Green Bay Packers are interested in Titans cornerback Pacman Jones.

The Pack’s possible interest in Pacman became particularly relevant on Monday, in the wake of a report in the Nashville City Paper that one or more teams have joined the Dallas Cowboys in the pursuit of Pacman.

But count the Packers out, according to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Citing an unnamed source, Silverstein says the the Packers aren’t interested.

“Why they would want a guy who spends as much time in strip clubs as he does the weight room given the number of young players they have is anyone’s guess,” Silverstein writes. “The Packers are in need of a corner to eventually replace either Charles Woodson or Al Harris or both, but aside from Koren Robinson they haven’t taken many chances on troubled players.”

But, supposedly, someone else is interested in Pacman. We just don’t know at this point who it is.

Cowboys increase offer for Pacman

The Dallas Cowboys increased their offer over the weekend for suspended cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones, but the Tennessee Titans are still holding out for more compensation.

Trade talks involving the Titans and Cowboys restarted over the weekend, according to sources, and Dallas’ offer was significantly more than the late round pick previously offered.

The Titans, however, are still believed to be holding out for a fourth-round pick, plus more, as they had previously asked for a fourth-round choice in the 2009 draft as well, according to various published reports.

A league source indicated to The City Paper late last week that a trade involving Jones was “still likely” to happen, despite a statement from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones late last week that he did not know whether the deal would happen.

One of Jones’ representatives acknowledged that the two sides are talking again after both teams could not reach an agreement at the owners meetings early last week.

I still can't believe the Cowboys are putting this much effort into acquiring him through a trade. Even moreso given the fact the Titans are apparently playing hardball with 'em.

Is any other team even interested in his services? Could the Titans really end up getting a 4th round pick for him, along with something else, possibly another pick in '09?

Good for the Titans if they do, especially if it comes at the Cowboys expense, but I don't know why any team would bother offering more than 5th for him. Especially if they are the only team making an offer.

Cowboys increase offer for Pacman

I still can't believe the Cowboys are putting this much effort into acquiring him through a trade. Even moreso given the fact the Titans are apparently playing hardball with 'em.

Is any other team even interested in his services? Could the Titans really end up getting a 4th round pick for him, along with something else, possibly another pick in '09?

Good for the Titans if they do, especially if it comes at the Cowboys expense, but I don't know why any team would bother offering more than 5th for him. Especially if they are the only team making an offer.

Good Grief, all off field crap behind and if a GM and Coach and Team are willing - - Pac Man for a 4th rounder 2008 and 2009 is a freakin' steal if he is on the field.

Texas Hold 'em - - no pun intended but damn

IS HE WORTH THE RISK? :headbanger:

lead story tonight on NFL Live. Wow, Wade Phillips went to J.J asking to give up the picks Titans wanted. It's worth it! Pacman - - - his reintstatement papers are on Goodell's desk. Tuesday we will find out.

I don't know man - what has Pacman Jones ever accomplished in the NFL so far?