Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Pac Man would love to play for Dallas

dude isn't even reinstated yet. he's a punk. Ain't never gonna NOT be a punk. Wouldn't touch him.

If I was Tennessee I'd be happy if I got anything short of a ham and cheese sandwich for him. Is there a chance Tenn. holds on to him? Why wouldn't teams wait until he gets cut?

I think Tenn. would be lucky to get as much as a 4th RD pick for him. They won't get anything close to a 1st rounder if they get anything at all.

I think Tenn. would be lucky to get as much as a 4th RD pick for him. They won't get anything close to a 1st rounder if they get anything at all.

Unless they trade with the Cowboys. I bet they would at least get a 2nd rounder

Regardless, Goodell needs to shiit or get off the pot on this one. This capricious, arbitrary, feckless bullshiit is thoroughly unprofessional. Teams need to be able to plan one way or the other. If he's suspended for 2008, fine. If he's not, then say when he's eligible. This is like some silly-ass grade schoold shiit right here.

Don't get me wrong. I can't stand Pacman, but this is not how professionals mete out discipline. "Go stand in the corner and when I FEEL like it, I'll let you know when you can come out."

X games for the 1st.

2X games for the second.

Season for the third.

Out permanently after that.

Gotta be honest, getting really sick of Goodell right now. He's thoroughly inconsistent and arbitrary. He's like my boss; Works under the assumption if you make no decision, you can't make a bad one. That's not how professionals operate. Make the call and stick with it ######.

:wub:

Ain't never gonna NOT be a punk.

Too many negatives....brain exploding...aarrggghhh!

You could have left the thread name "Pac Man would love to play". The guys has been such a thug, he should be grateful just to get a change to play and get a check

You could have left the thread name "Pac Man would love to play". The guys has been such a thug, he should be grateful just to get a change to play and get a check

That's the truth. I do agree with Wiffleball on his rant about goodell. He really is having pacman sit in the corner until his time out is over. I wan't to know what Tennesse can get for this guy.

He's not welcome in Dallas. - says me.

yes sir! Who is your shut down corner again? :mad:

I can't imagine any teams really want this guy in their locker room. If he's reinstated I know he'll play somewhere, but any contending teams really feel like pursuing him and having him around the rest of the players on their team? Especially if they need to trade to acquire him? Just doesn't look good for him. Seems like a desperate move for any team that would take him on.

Can't wait to see him ask TO if he wants to go with him to the stripclub, and TO give him that uncomfortable stare.

Pac Man will eventually find out what we already know, that TO's a punk biitch phag. ;)

Can't wait to see him ask TO if he wants to go with him to the stripclub, and TO give him that uncomfortable stare.

Pac Man will eventually find out what we already know, that TO's a punk biitch phag. :overhead:

TO would avoid the question and say its about time they hit the showers.

In the end, I think Pacman will get traded...probably for a 4th rounder...maybe for a 5th & a player. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's involved in a draft-day trade actually. Of course, all this hinges on Goodell reinstating him (and yeah...I agree that Goodell is being completely ridiculous in dealing with Pacman, as of late...not letting either Pacman or the Titans know whether or not he's eligible).

:pointstosky:

Jerry Jones would be glad to give up way too much for him in a trade. He might have some competition from Danny Boy Snyder though.

discarding the outliers (the good walker trade and the bad galloway trade), upon what do you base this statement?

I think the fact that Pacman is talking this crap shows he still doesn't have a clue what he did wrong.

If the Titans do trade him, I hope it is to an NFC team. That way we won't have to see him but every four years. This guy is a great player, I'd hate to see him take a punt to the house on the Titans...

He is a heck of a DB and return man ! If reinstated he plays somewhere - most likley Dallas to team with Newman -- JJ is desperate to win a title !

Regardless, Goodell needs to shiit or get off the pot on this one. This capricious, arbitrary, feckless bullshiit is thoroughly unprofessional. Teams need to be able to plan one way or the other. If he's suspended for 2008, fine. If he's not, then say when he's eligible. This is like some silly-ass grade schoold shiit right here.

Don't get me wrong. I can't stand Pacman, but this is not how professionals mete out discipline. "Go stand in the corner and when I FEEL like it, I'll let you know when you can come out."

X games for the 1st.

2X games for the second.

Season for the third.

Gotta be honest, getting really sick of Goodell right now. He's thoroughly inconsistent and arbitrary. He's like my boss; Works under the assumption if you make no decision, you can't make a bad one. That's not how professionals operate. Make the call and stick with it ######.

:thumbsdown:

I agree. Just ban him forever and be done with it. He's trying to make pacman an example to every player in the league. He'd be better off just saying..."you're out" and "let that be a lesson to the rest of you". Rather than continue on like this. He's essentially punishing the the Titans as well.

He is a heck of a DB and return man ! If reinstated he plays somewhere - most likley Dallas to team with Newman -- JJ is desperate to win a title !

Yes, it will come down to who is sleazy enough to sign him. This guy could never work or play for me!

I read that the Patriots have allegedly "inquired" about Pacman. Unless they are giving up a 7th rounder and redoing Pacman's contract for near the league minimum, I'd rather not have him.

Source: Dallas Cowboys, Titans have talked about trade for Pacman Jones

The Dallas Cowboys have held preliminary discussions with the Tennessee Titans about trading for suspended cornerback Pacman Jones according to a source.

The trade could revolve around Dallas giving up a late round pick in exchange for Jones.

Tennessee officials, according to a source, are not in a hurry to make a deal but realize the best way to move on from Jones is to trade him.

And if PacMan acts up in Dallas and makes Jerry Jones look like a fool for trading for him, you better believe that there will be another "contract" in the works for PacMan... :thumbsup:

X games for the 1st.

2X games for the second.

Season for the third.

:thumbsup:

acreed. goodell is turning out to be an awful commish after a good start. :banana:

I will lose all respect for any team that signs this guy. He served his suspention but has not changed, he might have gotten a little smarter but he is still the same POS.

If Dallas would give up anything higher than a 5th, it would be funny.

Pac Man has more of a chance of never playing again than actually getting on the field.

One thing I don't understand, how can he even be good 2 years later? Does he really train like a real NFL player even when he can't come to the facilities? He has to be really rusty in terms of football skills and game like play. Can players just take a year or two off and be close the to same player?

ESPN.com is reporting that the the Lions are in talks now as well. Frankly, I hope my Lions pick him up just because the organization is such a joke that it would be hilarious to add Pacman to the roster.

As someone who watched every game that Pacman played with the Titans, this is what I'll say about Pacman:

First of all, he's not a great CB...yet. He has great speed and instincts. However, he's apt to take some unnecessary risks in coverage, which often leads to him giving up big plays. I think that's the aspect of his game that he needs to work on the most in coverage -- understanding the concept of the calculated risk. You can't gamble for the INT every time, at the expense of getting burned. You have to pick your spots carefully, and when situations arise, take advantage of the opposing offense's mistakes. I will say this about Pacman, however. I LOVE the way that he played the run. He flies all over the field and isn't afraid at all to lower his helmet and put a hit on somebody (reminiscent, in fact, to current Titans' CB, Cortland Finnegan in that respect).

Plus, when he last played for the Titans, the team was trying to implement him into the offense a little too -- utilizing him on screens, reverses, trick-plays, or just as a decoy. And he showed promise in that role with some nice plays. He's certainly shouldn't be used as a full-time offensive weapon; but he can legitimately help an offense if given the ball 1-2 times each game.

The real impact that Pacman would have right now -- as he's still in the process of becoming an elite CB (as outlined above) and his cover-skills may need some catching up with so much time off -- is in the return game. He's one of the (if not THE) best return men that I've ever seen in my life. Every time he touches the ball on a kickoff or a punt, he's a threat to break off a long return or score a TD. He's shifty-fast and elusive, and his vision in the open-field is absolutely phenomenal.

If he gets re-instated, he could definitely help some NFL team. However, unfortunately, I think he's burned WAY too many bridges with the Titans. I'd say that there's no way that he'll ever play for the Titans again after all his antics. And, because of character problems and time off, no other team will offer a high pick for him. The Titans MAY be able to get a 3rd rounder for him, if they're lucky (as a Titans' fan, I would love to see the Titans get a 3rd for him). But realistically, my guess is that it's more likely that they get either a 4th rounder OR a 5th rounder and a player.

:dunno:

He's one of the (if not THE) best return men that I've ever seen in my life. Every time he touches the ball on a kickoff or a punt, he's a threat to break off a long return or score a TD. He's shifty-fast and elusive, and his vision in the open-field is absolutely phenomenal.

Um... there's this one guy in Chicago... I dunno if you've ever heard of him. His name is Devin Hester. :wall:

"Later Friday, Arora told ESPN's Ed Werder that it's his understanding the Cowboys, the New England Patriots and the Detroit Lions are interested in Jones."

Hard to believe this guy. Do you really think the Pats would want to trade for a guy who doesn't just have 'character issues' like a Randy Moss but rather is a full blown felon? I could see Millen trying though, he has to be running out of ways to humiliate the franchise at this point.

I read that the Patriots have allegedly "inquired" about Pacman. Unless they are giving up a 7th rounder and redoing Pacman's contract for near the league minimum, I'd rather not have him.

I hope it's not true, because I wouldn't want him on the Pats regardless of what they give up or his salary. The guy is a POS. Even though they need help badly at corner, they should not stoop to trading for a guy with that kind of background.

Do you really think the Pats would want to trade for a guy who doesn't just have 'character issues' like a Randy Moss but rather is a full blown felon?

They did bring in Corey Dillon, who had quite a rap sheet, and he was pretty harmless. I think they have confidence in how their organization handles players like this, and they believe there's not much harm in at least assessing the situation.

Um... there's this one guy in Chicago... I dunno if you've ever heard of him. His name is Devin Hester. :banana:

Yeah...he's OK too...

:thumbsdown:

Forgot about Hester...