Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

Scherber

Thanks for the support and concern guys. It kinda sucked not to hear my name, but I was glad for my boy Dom Barber going to the Texans.

It looks like the Baltimore Ravens will be giving me a shot in camp. It's not totally bad to not be drafted I guess. If I was gonna be drafted in Round 7, it's almost better to be a Free Agent and sort of choose where you wanna go. That being said, Baltimore is really the only team to show real serious interest in me. We'll see what happens over the next few days.

Good luck dude :D

Here's to seeing you on sundays :first:

Ravens are a rebiulding team, so that isn't a bad landing spot for you.

Good luck in camp and show them your stuff.

Yea, i'm hoping so. its not a done deal yet, but my agent has been talking to them and ive talked to coach harbaugh. he definately sounds like theres a place for me.

i know they have a couple of WR but not many big guys. demetrius williams from oregon is there, but im just hoping to go in wherever i end up and bust my a$$ to stick with a team. ive been knocked for my blocking and concentration, but ill play special teams if i have to.

again, big ups to everyone who showed love to me. i look forward to the fantasy football season, and if anyone wants to start a FFToday All-Star league or something let me know! if there is already one of those, holla at your boy.

E, got my fingers crossed for ya there man, although I don't wanna see ya facing my Steelers. But bust your azz and stick on the team man, we're pulling for ya.

Yea, i'm hoping so. its not a done deal yet, but my agent has been talking to them and ive talked to coach harbaugh. he definately sounds like theres a place for me.

i know they have a couple of WR but not many big guys. demetrius williams from oregon is there, but im just hoping to go in wherever i end up and bust my a$$ to stick with a team. ive been knocked for my blocking and concentration, but ill play special teams if i have to.

again, big ups to everyone who showed love to me. i look forward to the fantasy football season, and if anyone wants to start a FFToday All-Star league or something let me know! if there is already one of those, holla at your boy.

Great organization to want you, E. I don't think they've had much luck getting what they expected from their receivers so it would seem like a good opportunity for you. It's a great city as well. Good luck! Drop me a line so we can do an interview with you: thegutcheck@gmail.com

I'm sure there are a few posters in the area who would be willing to make sure there are a few knee injuries to help your chances. :pointstosky:

Good luck man. Ask not what the team can do for you, but what you can do for the team.

UDFA signings from fflivewire.com: (Link)

St. Louis Rams

RB Yvenson Bernard (Oregon State)

DT Vernon Bryant (Hampton)

WR Matt Caddell (Alabama)

LB Vince Hall (Virginia Tech)

DE Rodney Hardeway (Louisiana Lafayette)

WR Joshua Hyman (Virginia Tech)

TE Doug Jones (Cincinnati)

LB Marc Magro (West Virginia)

RB Brandon McAnderson (Kansas)

CB Justin McKinney (Kansas State)

T Stephen Sene (Liberty)

DT Joshua Thompson (Auburn)

WR Ernie Wheelwright (Minnesota)

If this is indeed true, congrats! :thumbsup:

Edit: On a sidenote, I bet Steven Jackson had a hand in the Yvenson Bernard signing. Good pick up.

Good luck E. :music_guitarred:

And remember:

Always have a plan, and believe in it. Nothing good happens by accident--Chuck Knox

Glad to see you've got the right attitude. :music_guitarred:

UDFA signings from fflivewire.com: (Link)

If this is indeed true, congrats! :thumbsdown:

Let's hope it is, worm. And I'll second the :rolleyes:!

who do I talk to to get a FFToday shirt?

you should try for the hat if there is one...you can wear it with more stuff

:rolleyes: FFToday T-shirt. HAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

He fell for the urban legend.

Just kidding.

Good luck man. :ninja:

This should motivate you. :rolleyes: Make the team and get on TV, I'll send you the one I won in last years draft contest :ninja:

true. who do I talk to?

Scherber...I have about 4-5 of them (I write for the site). email me at the address I gave and we'll make arrangements to get you one.

Ravens sign undrafted WR

By Aaron Wilson, Times Staff Writer Wednesday, April 30, 2008

OWINGS MILLS — Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron’s affinity toward bigger wide receivers has triggered an influx of size to the roster.

In addition to drafting New Mexico’s Marcus Smith (6-foot-1, 220 pounds) and Virginia Tech’s Justin Harper (6-4, 215 pounds), the Ravens have agreed to terms with undrafted Minnesota wideout Ernie Wheelwright.

Wheelwright is another imposing potential red-zone target.

The 6-5, 215-pound three-year starter for the Golden Gophers caught a career-high 66 passes for 775 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior last season.

Wheelwright is regarded as a classic possession receiver known for fighting for the football in traffic, outleaping shorter defensive backs and his downfield blocking.

With 4.64 speed in the 40-yard dash, he generally doesn’t create much separation in the secondary. He was extremely productive, though.

In 44 career starts, he caught 159 passes for 2,434 yards and 26 touchdowns to rank third in school history in receptions and receiving yards and second in touchdown catches.

The Columbus, Ohio native tied the school record for most consecutive games with a receiving touchdown, snagging scoring passes in seven consecutive games last season.

Reach staff writer Aaron Wilson at 410-857-7896 or sports@carrollcountytimes.com.

:bandana:

Ravens sign undrafted WR

By Aaron Wilson, Times Staff Writer Wednesday, April 30, 2008

OWINGS MILLS — Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron’s affinity toward bigger wide receivers has triggered an influx of size to the roster.

In addition to drafting New Mexico’s Marcus Smith (6-foot-1, 220 pounds) and Virginia Tech’s Justin Harper (6-4, 215 pounds), the Ravens have agreed to terms with undrafted Minnesota wideout Ernie Wheelwright.

Wheelwright is another imposing potential red-zone target.

The 6-5, 215-pound three-year starter for the Golden Gophers caught a career-high 66 passes for 775 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior last season.

Wheelwright is regarded as a classic possession receiver known for fighting for the football in traffic, outleaping shorter defensive backs and his downfield blocking.

With 4.64 speed in the 40-yard dash, he generally doesn’t create much separation in the secondary. He was extremely productive, though.

In 44 career starts, he caught 159 passes for 2,434 yards and 26 touchdowns to rank third in school history in receptions and receiving yards and second in touchdown catches.

The Columbus, Ohio native tied the school record for most consecutive games with a receiving touchdown, snagging scoring passes in seven consecutive games last season.

Reach staff writer Aaron Wilson at 410-857-7896 or sports@carrollcountytimes.com.

:dunno:

4.64? they should give a lil more credit

4.64? they should give a lil more credit

I thought you went lower at pro day? I remember the "Faster than Adarius Bowman" thread. We're all pulling for ya though E!!!

I imagine to make the team you're really going to have to display an ability to block downfield and be a force on special teams. It doesn't need to be said that Baltimore already has their downfield receiving threat in Mark Clayton. Maybe you can try to make a name for yourself on short yardage situations as a dual threat. Haven't seen you play, but you obviously have sure enough hands and can run routes. You have the size. You seem to have the attitude. I'm seeing you in a Brian Finneran type role.

That's why I imagine that it will come down to your blocking and special teams. NFL teams always need WRs that can run solid routes and block.

Good luck. :lol:

I'm sure you know that Billick likes to run the ball as much as possible.

I'm sure he knows that Billick isn't the head coach any more.

Or as least I hope he knows. :unsure:

:D

Or as least I hope he knows. :unsure:

:D :D :D

Or as least I hope he knows. <_<

Wow I thought I was up an everything football. Some how I missed Bill getting fired. I had to go check it out because I thought you were messing with the DUDE. :lol: Embarrassing!!!! How the heck did I miss that.

And good luck with the Ravens!!

Make the team so I can draft you.

bump for an update from E on Ravens minicamp

Good Luck, will be watching and rooting you on -----i also went to walnut ridge (many Years b4 you) by any chance did you also play for the eastland Vikings in your younger days

This should motivate you. :D Make the team and get on TV, I'll send you the one I won in last years draft contest :rolleyes:

One step closer to the T-shirt. :lol: