Sign in to follow this  
Rattlesnake

Baracknophobia

Jon Stewart. Because taking things out of context is only wrong if it's not part of a comedy show.

...and are you really that upset that the right-winger of a right vs left debate show isn't fair and balanced to Obama? :banana:

I used to like Jon Stewart alot ... but in the last 5 or so years he's just become bitter and mean spirited.

There is a difference between comedy and just being an arrogant pr!ck. When the media started praising him,

Jon Stewart crossed that line from funny talk show comedian to self serving, self righteous typical hollywood liberal.

I still can't believe that the Daily Show and SNL are the only news sources for 20% of young Americans. And you can bet these 20% are blindly following Obama....they don't know why, but they know Bush is the devil, and Obama is the Messiah...and that's all that matters.

OBAMA IN '08...CAUSE JON STEWART TOLD ME SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

They did a study a while back and jon stewart watchers are more politically aware and more news aware than bill orielly watchers. :dunno:

They did a study a while back and jon stewart watchers are more politically aware and more news aware than bill orielly watchers. :dunno:

This study?

Comedy Central also touted a recent study by the University of Pennsylvania’s National Annenberg Election Survey, which said young viewers of “The Daily Show” were more likely to answer questions about politics correctly than those who don’t.

Viewers of Jon Stewart’s show are more likely to have completed four years of college than people who watch “The O’Reilly Factor,” according to Nielsen Media Research.

...but I could see how you make that conclusion. You were probably stoned when you read it.

I used to like Jon Stewart alot ... but in the last 5 or so years he's just become bitter and mean spirited.

There is a difference between comedy and just being an arrogant pr!ck. When the media started praising him,

Jon Stewart crossed that line from funny talk show comedian to self serving, self righteous typical hollywood liberal.

I still can't believe that the Daily Show and SNL are the only news sources for 20% of young Americans. And you can bet these 20% are blindly following Obama....they don't know why, but they know Bush is the devil, and Obama is the Messiah...and that's all that matters.

OBAMA IN '08...CAUSE JON STEWART TOLD ME SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

You are spot on with this post :overhead:

Soooooo, Jon Stewart was trying to prove that Obama is first politician to ever be unfairly criticized because of intraweb rumors and that Sean Hannity doesn't like him?

If you really want higher taxes accross the board , a massive foreign policy shift , and universal healthcare , wrapped in a package of total inexperience -- Barak is your guy!! :overhead:

Is it safe to assume that all teachers are close minded morons who couldn't make it in the real world?

Is it work/study welfare?

I mean as long as we are making generalizations, this one seems pretty fitting. :overhead:

I'm askeered :dunno:

Ken Blackwell - Columnist for the New York Sun

It's an amazing time to be alive in America. We're in a year of firsts in this presidential election: the first viable woman candidate ; the first viable African-American candidate; and, a candidate who is the first front running freedom fighter over 70. The next president of America will be a first.

We won't truly be in an election of firsts, however, until we judge every candidate by where they stand. We won't arrive where we should be until we no longer talk about skin color or gender. Now that Barack Obama steps to the front of the Democratic field, we need to stop talking about his race, and start talking about his policies and his politics.

The reality is this: Though the Democrats will not have a nominee until August, unless Hillary Clinton drops out, Mr. Obama is now the frontrunner, and its time America takes a closer and deeper look at him. Some pundits are calling him the next John F. Kennedy. He's not. He's the next George McGovern. And it's time people learned the facts.

Because the truth is that Mr. Obama is the single most liberal senator in the entire U.S. Senate. He is more liberal than Ted Kennedy, Bernie Sanders, or Mrs. Clinton. Never in my life have I seen a presidential frontrunner whose rhetoric is so far removed from his record. Walter Mondale promised to raise our taxes, and he lost. George McGovern promised military weakness, and he lost. Michael Dukakis promised a liberal domestic agenda, and he lost.

Yet Mr. Obama is promising all those things, and he's not behind in the polls. Why? Because the press has dealt with him as if he were in a beauty pageant. Mr. Obama talks about getting past party, getting past red and blue, to lead the United States of America. But let's look at the more defined strokes of who he is underneath this superficial 'beauty.'

Start with national security, since the president's most important duties are as commander-in-chief. Over the summer, Mr. Obama talked about invading Pakistan, a nation armed with nuclear weapons; meeting without preconditions with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who vows to destroy Israel and create another Holocaust; and Kim Jong II, who is murdering and starving his people, but emphasized that the nuclear option was off the table against terrorists - something no president has ever taken off the table since we created nuclear weapons in the 1940s. Even Democrats who have worked in national security condemned all of those remarks. Mr. Obama is a foreign-policy novice who would put our national security at risk.

Next, consider economic policy. For all its faults, our health care system is the strongest in the world. And free trade agreements, created by Bill Clinton as well as President Bush, have made more goods more affordable so that even people of modest means can live a life that no one imagined a generation ago. Yet Mr. Obama promises to raise taxes on 'the rich.' How to fix Social Security? Raise taxes. How to fix Medicare? Raise taxes. Prescription drugs? Raise taxes. Free college? Raise taxes. Socialize medicine? Raise taxes. His solution to everything is to have government take it over. Big Brother on steroids, funded by your paycheck.

Finally, l ook at the social issues. Mr. Obama had the audacity to open a stadium rally by saying, 'All praise and glory to God!' but says that Christian leaders speaking for life and marriage have 'hijacked' - hijacked - Christianity. He is pro-partial birth abortion, and promises to appoint Supreme Court justices who will rule any restriction on it unconstitutional. He espouses the abortion views of Margaret Sanger, one of the early advocates of racial cleansing. His spiritual leaders endorse homosexual marriage, and he is moving in that direction.

The real Mr. Obama is an easy target for the general election. But Mr. Obama could win if people don't start looking behind his veneer and flowery speeches. His vision of 'bringing America together' means saying that those who disagree with his agenda for America are hijackers or warmongers. Uniting the country means adopting his liberal agenda and abandoning any conflicting beliefs.

But right now everyone is talking about how eloquent of a speaker he is and - yes - they're talking about his race. Those should never be the factors on which we base our choice for president. Mr. Obama's radical agenda sets him far outside the American mainstream, to the left of Mrs. Clinton.

It's time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of firsts, let's first make sure we elect the person who is qualified to be our president i n a nuclear age during a global civilizational war.

Kind of scary, wouldn't you think. Remember--God is good, and is in time, on time--every time. According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ is: The anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he wil l promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything. Is it OBAMA??

BTW Mr. Blackwell is an African American :overhead:

I'm askeered :dunno:

BTW Mr. Blackwell is an African American :overhead:

GFB Mr. Blackwell on telling it like it is...

Anti-Christ is a bit much...some people said the same about Bush. Anti-Christ is giving Obama too much credit. Manchurian? Check!

OBAMA IN '08...CAUSE JON STEWART TOLD ME SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

:wall:

I take it you don't watch much of The Daily Show.

This study?

...but I could see how you make that conclusion. You were probably stoned when you read it.

I'm not sure how you actually quantify news awareness, but answering political questions might be a good start. What other conclusion could be drawn from the article?

I'm askeered :(

BTW Mr. Blackwell is an African American :(

Actually a good article.....until the last paragraph. I agree, much more focus needs to be placed on the issues. If he's as bad as the right says he is, then McCain should have no problem exploiting these issues in a debate; especially a townmeeting forum. The more effective he is with this, the more likely he'll gain the presidency.

All of that aside, what the hell is the use of a journalist invoking the antichrist in a political column? Talk about your blind followers. People will seize upon those statements and disregard all the earlier points he made in the article. Perfect. Elect Obama and your taxes will skyrocket, and shortly thereafter, the whole world will end.

:thumbsup:

OBAMA IN '08...CAUSE JON STEWART TOLD ME SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :overhead:

Exactly!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I actually thought it was a good article..until the whole anti-christ part. I know people who used to say that about Clinton :thumbsup: Just cause you disagree with someone doesn't mean they are the antichrist.

But the guy is right...we need to stop focusing on Flegler, Wright...blah blah blah. Obama is weakest on the issues. If people knew how completely radically liberal he was, and looked past the fact that he speaks well...I don't think he'd have a chance.

But the news will continue to ignore the issues. I don't understand why it matters he's black. It's just race, what the hell is the guy going to do when he gets elected? That's what matters.

I actually thought it was a good article..until the whole anti-christ part. I know people who used to say that about Clinton :thumbsup: Just cause you disagree with someone doesn't mean they are the antichrist.

But the guy is right...we need to stop focusing on Flegler, Wright...blah blah blah. Obama is weakest on the issues. If people knew how completely radically liberal he was, and looked past the fact that he speaks well...I don't think he'd have a chance.

But the news will continue to ignore the issues. I don't understand why it matters he's black. It's just race, what the hell is the guy going to do when he gets elected? That's what matters.

That is why all the media focuses on the wright etc...

This is their man. Obama doesn't even need 527s to get McCain, he already has the TV and print media in his pocket. I suspect the obama camp are the ones who started that citizenship thing a couple of weeks ago. To try and build a case against this stuff towards the end. He will be able to say "See, these stories are always wrong" line and he will have proof with the citizenship and other controversial false things that the obama camp leaks in the coming weeks. It is very clever actually.

I'm not sure how you actually quantify news awareness, but answering political questions might be a good start. What other conclusion could be drawn from the article?

Are you guys really this illiterate? Two separate studies are mentioned in the article. One states that college graduates are more likely to watch the Daily Show than the Factor. The other states that youths who watch the Daily Show are more likely to answer political questions correctly than those who don't watch the Daily Show. Do I really have to explain this further?

Are you guys really this illiterate? Two separate studies are mentioned in the article. One states that college graduates are more likely to watch the Daily Show than the Factor. The other states that youths who watch the Daily Show are more likely to answer political questions correctly than those who don't watch the Daily Show. Do I really have to explain this further?

Yes. Yes you do.

Nothing wrong with having a clever President. :thumbsup:

you mean nothing wrong with a Presidential Candidate having a clever Presidential Campaign Manager...right?

Jon Stewart is a typical Hollywood liberal blowhard with no sense of reality. He is also unfunny.

The Daily Show is a disgrace, it's shocking how many people get their 'news' from that program vs. quality programming like The O'Reilly Factor.

The facts are thata Barack Hussein Obama Baby Mama Drama will RUIN this great country, and he is the ANTICHRIST.

In closing, teachers are scumbag leeches and I hate them. Also, I am impartial and non-partisan.

They did a study a while back and jon stewart watchers are more politically aware and more news aware than bill orielly watchers. :rolleyes:

in your best scooby doo, jon stewart voice....."huuuuuuh?"

"they" would be who? the jon stewart show poll takers of 17 year olds who think making scooby doo noises at various sound clips equals political awareness? jon stewart watchers, at best, are high school and college students who have yet to earn a dollar in the real economy that they live within. that excludes them from political awareness. polar bears and no smoking bans aside, they have little to add to the discussion.

OBAMA IN '08...CAUSE JON STEWART TOLD ME SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I'm sure that saying this makes you feel better about your position......but people know that Jon Stewart is a comedian and that the show is created for comedic purposes. That doesn't mean that everything he says is false, though.

Is it safe to assume that all teachers are close minded morons who couldn't make it in the real world?

Is it work/study welfare?

I mean as long as we are making generalizations, this one seems pretty fitting. :thumbsup:

Most people wouldn't last one day in education. I'm guessing you wouldn't last 10 minutes. :headbanger:

Yea my original post was horribly worded and it showed just how stupid i am. I don't think the term "news awareness" makes any sense. But it kind of got the point across. Daily show viewers aren't stupid.

I watched this episode and i thought it was baracks own camp that didn't want those woman there. I wasn't watching all that closely so i may be mistaken. But if it was, he was making fun of barack. And if you guys have been watching his show lately, he makes fun of barack plenty. Yesterday he was making fun of his attempt to capture middle america or some other "label" the media gives to voters.

Most people wouldn't last one day in education. I'm guessing you wouldn't last 10 minutes. :o

It depends...is that one day I have to last in education during the 3 month break I would get off every summer? Or is it during the two week break during Christmas? Or the one week break in March? Or are you talking about the other 8 months of the year that you actually have to work...like everyone else does all year? :wub:

It depends...is that one day I have to last in education during the 3 month break I would get off every summer? Or is it during the two week break during Christmas? Or the one week break in March? Or are you talking about the other 8 months of the year that you actually have to work...like everyone else does all year? :wub:

:o

my sister and X fiance are teachers. I am quite familiar with what they do, or don't in many cases.

I never heard them b1tch and moan about their jobs.

Then again they were pretty good at their jobs and were not welfare leeches on society like ole rattlesnake.