Sign in to follow this  
Sweetness_34

Green Bay Coach and GM

Yup, dumb and dumber!

===========

On Favre, Packers Can't Have It Both Ways

By Michael Wilbon

Wednesday, July 30, 2008; Page E01

Please don't shed any tears for the Green Bay Packers. Don't fall for this nonsense they're spinning that Brett Favre is threatening to make their lives so unbearably miserable by ending his brief retirement.

Don't believe for a minute that the Packers will be better off without Favre, that Favre is now a villainous figure, unfairly poaching what rightfully belongs to new quarterback Aaron Rodgers, or that the team needs days or perhaps even weeks to figure out what in the world to do.

Don't buy any of what the Green Bay executives and coaches are selling, because there's no dilemma at all for the Packers.

Since the Packers have made it clear, both publicly and to Favre in direct conversation, that they no longer want him as their starter, there's a simple solution here: trade him or cut him. It doesn't matter that anybody in his right mind knows Favre, even at 38 years old, is 100 times better than Rodgers. If Coach Mike McCarthy and his staff want Rodgers, fine. Start him. Play him until his arm falls off. The Packers' GM, Ted Thompson, and McCarthy have been telling people it's Rodgers's time to play, that they promised him the job in March and it would be unfair to him now to yank the rug from under him, blah, blah, blah.

Fine, if Rodgers is as much your guy as you claim publicly, then dump Favre.

If you don't want Favre, if you think he's washed up and ready to be bronzed, then why would you care if he winds up with the Vikings or Bears? If you don't want Favre, why would you care who he plays for in the limited time he has left?

Because the Packers want it both ways, like every NFL team in history. Thompson thinks being an NFL team executive gives him the inalienable right to be able to tell players what to do for the rest of their natural lives. "I don't want you to play for me, but I'll do my best to prevent you from playing for anybody else." That's the NFL way.

And because the NFL is the unchallenged sports/entertainment leader in America, most of the general public -- even in Wisconsin -- most folks in the media and most fans nationally think the poor Packers are somehow being put upon. This is yet another case of the NFL flexing its unequalled sense of entitlement and arrogance.

Thompson, who comes off looking like a sniveling twit in staking out his position, <_< reportedly told Favre he would perhaps be fired if Favre showed up at Packers training camp. (That alone should be enough to make Favre fire up the jet and get up to Wisconsin.)

Don't get me wrong, Favre isn't an innocent in all this. I've had Favre fatigue for some time when it comes to "will he or won't he?"

Favre has been disingenuously hinting at retirement for what, three or four years? This past March wasn't the first time the Packers' brass had talks with Favre about his plans for the next season. They put up with the back and forth because even after his bad seasons, Favre was the best quarterback the Packers have ever had. He nearly got the Packers to the Super Bowl in February, remember. Presuming they settle this dispute before feelings become permanently hurt, a statue of Favre surely will be erected in front of Lambeau Field someday.

So, it's not like the Packers pressured Favre to retire. Had he said in March he wanted to still play, chances are he'd be in training camp now, instead of officially asking NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to reinstate him with the Packers, as Favre did in writing yesterday. It was Favre, remember, who held the teary news conference to announce his farewell. It was Favre who said his wife and kids wanted him to call it quits after all these years. So, it was totally understandable that the Packers, having invested a first-round draft pick in Rodgers four years ago, wanted to get Rodgers ready to start the post-Favre era.

So they started that process and they don't want to turn their back on Rodgers. Good. Keep him atop the depth chart. Stand by your man. You told him he's your guy. Prove it. Keep your word. Stick with him. Tell Favre to get lost and trade him. Get a second-round pick in next year's draft, somebody who can help Rodgers be great, a young lineman or a receiver. Do whatever you have to do to assist the quarterback you believe is your best bet to win.

But don't tell me that in doing that you need to control what Favre does next. If you want Favre, put him in a uniform and tell Rodgers the two of them will compete for a job. If you don't want Favre, let him go. If the Packers choose to try and play both ends, then one can only hope the circus surrounding the team brings the whole season crashing down. Usually when an NFL team squirms it's a good thing, because it's usually brought on by its own greed or need to exert total control.

Because NFL teams are so powerful, especially in a tiny place like Green Bay, and because they're so able and smart about manipulating public opinion, they'll probably get away with successfully painting Favre as the bad guy in this episode. And if Favre thinks the Packers will ultimately cut him and thereby grant him the freedom to cut a deal with any team (the Vikings and/or Bears included), the bet here is he'll be wrong.

Who knows where this is going next. Here's hoping Favre shows up for training camp sometime this week and heads to his locker. What are the Packers going to do, have guards block his path to the dressing room?

The best way for Favre to get what he wants is to be as confrontational as the Packers, to get right in their faces and say with both actions and words, "I'm here. Play me, trade me, or suffer the consequences."

Jay Glazer was just on Fox Sports radio and confirmed WTMJ's Lance Allen's report that Mark Murphy offered Brett Favre 20 million dollars over the next 10 years ON TOP of paying him the remainder of his contract, in return Brett Favre would remain retired.

==================

Very classy, dumb azzes!!! :wall: <_<

Jay Glazer was just on Fox Sports radio and confirmed WTMJ's Lance Allen's report that Mark Murphy offered Brett Favre 20 million dollars over the next 10 years ON TOP of paying him the remainder of his contract, in return Brett Favre would remain retired.

==================

Very classy, dumb azzes!!! :banana: :lol:

$56 mil...what is classless about offering a guy a $56 million severance package?

That would be the 20...plus the 12 per year left on his 3 years

Glad you bumped the Wilbon article too...not shocking you like to agree with some poorly written drivel that Wilbon was spewing.

The thought of bribing the face of your organization is what makes it classless. I do not care if it is his entire contract + $20M. This just reeks of horrible management practices. What a clusterfock. And now the fudgepackers may even be forced to trade him within the NFC North. Yeah that will turn out real well when Favre comes back to lameblow the 1st time and the boos start in the crowd when Rodgers is sitting on the bench after breaking another part of his body and Brohm looks like the bad QB he is.... nice, very nice dumb azzes.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=778410

The thought of bribing the face of your organization is what makes it classless. I do not care if it is his entire contract + $20M. This just reeks of horrible management practices. What a clusterfock. And now the fudgepackers may even be forced to trade him within the NFC North. Yeah that will turn out real well when Favre comes back to lameblow the 1st time and the boos start in the crowd when Rodgers is sitting on the bench after breaking another part of his body and Brohm looks like the bad QB he is.... nice, very nice dumb azzes.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=778410

They may trade him...they are exploring options.

And when the "face of the franchise" has acted like Favre has in the past few weeks...he has not shown that he deserves to be treated extra classy right now.

But sure...send him to the Bears...if he thinks the Packers needed offensive talent...he will get a real kick out of going there.

Hah!!!

They may trade him...they are exploring options.

And when the "face of the franchise" has acted like Favre has in the past few weeks...he has not shown that he deserves to be treated extra classy right now.

But sure...send him to the Bears...if he thinks the Packers needed offensive talent...he will get a real kick out of going there.

Hah!!!

aww...what has Favre done to deserve all of this? honestly? is he wishy washy? sure..but how is this surprising to anyone?... it isnt as if he killed anyone or fired a hot one into mike mccarthys smoking hot daughter(the ol chris jacke situation if anyone recalls that :pointstosky: )

TT and mccarthy will never live this down..amazing how poorly they played this out..the local radio here was just laughing and mocking the team all day and how can you not? its so embarrassing..a team that refused to spend $$ on moss or other FAs to help favre and the team, now wants to spend 20 mil to keep favre home..i wonder if they will include THAT in their financial recap at the stockholder meetings next year?

TT must resign..

aww...what has Favre done to deserve all of this? honestly? is he wishy washy? sure..but how is this surprising to anyone?... it isnt as if he killed anyone or fired a hot one into mike mccarthys smoking hot daughter(the ol chris jacke situation if anyone recalls that :wave: )

TT and mccarthy will never live this down..amazing how poorly they played this out..the local radio here was just laughing and mocking the team all day and how can you not? its so embarrassing..a team that refused to spend $$ on moss or other FAs to help favre and the team, now wants to spend 20 mil to keep favre home..i wonder if they will include THAT in their financial recap at the stockholder meetings next year?

TT must resign..

The wishy washy behavior.

The rumors that he and cook were exploring trades back in April.

The just complete way he has taken this into the media.

Cry me a river about this refused to spend to help Favre and the team. Apparently, TT figured out there is a way besides just throwing $$$ around...Indy has it figured out too. Even better...Washington loved to throw money at free agents...how well has that worked out for them? Maybe...just maybe...TT has a better clue how to run a team than some radio guys and fans who are speaking out of emotion.

As I have said...the 20 million thing is idiotic.

The wishy washy behavior.

The rumors that he and cook were exploring trades back in April.

The just complete way he has taken this into the media.

Cry me a river about this refused to spend to help Favre and the team. Apparently, TT figured out there is a way besides just throwing $$$ around...Indy has it figured out too. Even better...Washington loved to throw money at free agents...how well has that worked out for them? Maybe...just maybe...TT has a better clue how to run a team than some radio guys and fans who are speaking out of emotion.

As I have said...the 20 million thing is idiotic.

well, favre hasnt deserved this treatment. TT isnt above all of this either. The lies. waffling. they were 4-12. Favre helped get this team to 13-3 and even earned an MVP vote. He is ignorant to think that rodgers could come in and do the same.

judging by the practice the other day, inside the 5, rodgers fumbles a snap..throws an INT, nearly throws another..he is singlehandedly trying to kill all momentum.

he drafted very well for the seahawks but like u said..refuses to spend $..it wasnt til he left that fa's were brought in and they reached the super bowl..

TT needs to go...

Yup, dumb and dumber!

===========

On Favre, Packers Can't Have It Both Ways

By Michael Wilbon

Wednesday, July 30, 2008; Page E01

Anything written by a Chicago native is trash. If you were to give the US an enema, the hose would get jammed right into Chicago.

well, favre hasnt deserved this treatment. TT isnt above all of this either. The lies. waffling. they were 4-12. Favre helped get this team to 13-3 and even earned an MVP vote. He is ignorant to think that rodgers could come in and do the same.

judging by the practice the other day, inside the 5, rodgers fumbles a snap..throws an INT, nearly throws another..he is singlehandedly trying to kill all momentum.

he drafted very well for the seahawks but like u said..refuses to spend $..it wasnt til he left that fa's were brought in and they reached the super bowl..

TT needs to go...

Favre brought alot on himself...by taking everything to the media.

Im not saying TT is above all of this.

He has alot of explaining to do for sure.

The lies and waffling? Which one are you talking about?

Yes...they were 4-12...and Favre's play had something to do with that record as well.

TT helped get them to 13-3 too.

I don't think he or anyone is saying Rodgers will just come right in and do the same.

He does not refuse to spend money...he has done so...bringing in Woodson, keeping Harris, Driver, Barnett, Kampman, getting Pickett....

TT needs to go?

Umm...ok...lets fire the guy...completely foolish and simplistic answer based mostly on emotion IMO.

I was offered 56 million to be retired - MY ass would be playig golf every day!!

Then again I hear Brett invested well an has zero money concerns - and he looks like a man who really doesn't need much - a Decent pick up truck , woods close by to hunt , a nice pond to fish an he is set really! This is why Money played no part in Favre and he CANNOT be bought.

99.9% of people TAKE GB's offer - 56 mil over 10 years to stay retired-- LIke Favre or not - it REALLY has nothing to do with Money! He just wants to play football.

OH an Sho nuf - Still 100% about Favre not going to Minnesota? :first:

aww...what has Favre done to deserve all of this? honestly? is he wishy washy? sure..but how is this surprising to anyone?... it isnt as if he killed anyone or fired a hot one into mike mccarthys smoking hot daughter(the ol chris jacke situation if anyone recalls that :rolleyes: )

TT must resign..

and a team that wasted 1st and 2nd round draft picks on Rodgers and Brohm when they could have actually got players to help them win with their HOF QB.....:mad: ..... "classic mis-management" :lol:

Anyone seen don-ass's sorry ass any time after this fiasco? :mad:

Anything written by a Chicago native is trash. If you were to give the US an enema, the hose would get jammed right into Chicago.

Wow kidney-stone still jealous and bitter after the Bears destroyed the seahags twice in 2006....yup :rolleyes:

and a team that wasted 1st and 2nd round draft picks on Rodgers and Brohm when they could have actually got players to help them win with their HOF QB.....:mad: ..... "classic mis-management" :mad:

Anyone seen don-ass's sorry ass any time after this fiasco? :rolleyes:

Again...how were either of those picks wasted?

One is now the starting QB who has been preparing to take over for 3 years...the other is his backup.

I guess being a Bears fan you dont understand a team being prepared at the QB position and prefer the flip a coin approach.

Or just kep drafting crappy rbs...

Wow...Sweetness, you're more starved for attention than Favre is.

I can not let this post go unnoticed :rolleyes:

Nice job sending Favre packing while rodgers blows in family scrimmage night and is booed off the field.... :pointstosky:

Yup, dumb and dumber applies!!!

2008 Chicago Bears =worst offense in the NFL...Marty Booker being outplayed by rookies, a middling rookie running back and two idiots competing for the qb spot who likely would not even be considered backups on many teams...good luck with that, sweettits!

Nice job sending Favre packing while rodgers blows in family scrimmage night and is booed off the field.... :pointstosky:

Yup, dumb and dumber applies!!!

Booed off the field?

Not really.

2008 Chicago Bears =worst offense in the NFL...Marty Booker being outplayed by rookies, a middling rookie running back and two idiots competing for the qb spot who likely would not even be considered backups on many teams...good luck with that, sweettits!

Don't forget their 1st round pick who the homers wanted to think was their savior on the Oline may miss the season.

"I understand it to some point if I put myself into a Favre fanatic's shoes," Rodgers said of getting booed. "The things I can't understand, the things I really take personally, is when I'm driving up to the (parking lot) gate and punching in my punch code and somebody says ‘F.U.' to me. That kind of bothers me. Or when a little kid is yelling swear words at me. That kind of gets to me. The boos, they expect level of play and they miss Brett Favre. I understand that. But the ‘F.U.' and the little kids saying swear words to me, I don't understand that."

:pointstosky:

"I understand it to some point if I put myself into a Favre fanatic's shoes," Rodgers said of getting booed. "The things I can't understand, the things I really take personally, is when I'm driving up to the (parking lot) gate and punching in my punch code and somebody says ‘F.U.' to me. That kind of bothers me. Or when a little kid is yelling swear words at me. That kind of gets to me. The boos, they expect level of play and they miss Brett Favre. I understand that. But the ‘F.U.' and the little kids saying swear words to me, I don't understand that."

:rolleyes:

So...he didn't get booed of the field...thanks for admitting that.

Also...thanks for making up a quote and not sourcing it... :music_guitarred:

So...he didn't get booed of the field...thanks for admitting that.

Also...thanks for making up a quote and not sourcing it... B)

That's a real quote, although i don't get what his point is...the jerk offs who are doing that are class a dip sh!ts, just a little bit above the level of sweetness himself. :overhead:

Well done "dumb and dumber"

Aaron-shitty-Rodgers leads his team to 6 points against a bad San Francisco team; Favre practices for less than half the time than Rodgers and gets a TD and looks great in his first performance.

Nicely done by the biggest joke of a front office in the NFL.

But the fudgepackers are going to the SB....so said homer d!ck shonuff!!!

:wub:

And the 2nd round bust Colledge looks great....allowing another QB to get killed.

"Aaron Rodgers is our starting QB; next question" Dumb McCarthy!!! :thumbsup:

Fav-ruh passer rating 139 

From a fudgepacker board by a fudgepacker fan during the game:

Well on the bright side, I can change the channel and watch the Brewers strand lead off runners and trail again....oh wait, that's not a bright side either.

============

bwahahahahahahaha.....Sewers; another joke of a franchise that the Cubs will continue to dominate like the Bears dominate the fudgepackers!!!!

Step off the ledge, homer d!ck shonuff.....you can always root for the Jets :wub: :thumbsup:

Fav-ruh passer rating 139 

From a fudgepacker board by a fudgepacker fan during the game:

Well on the bright side, I can change the channel and watch the Brewers strand lead off runners and trail again....oh wait, that's not a bright side either.

============

bwahahahahahahaha.....Sewers; another joke of a franchise that the Cubs will continue to dominate like the Bears dominate the fudgepackers!!!!

Step off the ledge, homer d!ck shonuff.....you can always root for the Jets :wub: :thumbsup:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=318942

In order to show that you have any semblance of a sack, please address your own sh!tty team before bashing other more successful franchises. TIA

Sweetness, your inability to defend your own team while trashing your rivals shows your true colors as a complete douche bag. I hope you light yourself on fire making French toast. Queer.

Sewers; another joke of a franchise that the Cubs will continue to dominate

As a 40-game ticket holder for the Brewers (who, by the way, have a stadium where you don't have to pee in pig trough's) I told my ticket rep the other week that if my franchise ever goes 100 years without winning a World Series, I hope they have the class and dignity to disband and let some other team take our spot. Seriously, it's 100 years of pathos and Cubs fans act like they are some how relevant in the baseball universe.

Only in Chicago (the City of irrelevance...the 3rd or 4th City) could there be a concept of "lovable losers" there are NO loveable losers, just losers...

As for the Bears (those loveable losers!), when you can string together more than a few winning seasons over 40 years, or win more Super Bowls than Tampa "freakin'" Bay or the Baltimore Ravens then maybe you'd be more than just an embarassing waste of a franchise license. The good news is with Virginia McCaskey somehow unable to die, the Neck-beard at the helm, and the leagues worst/most ill-conceived stadium/spaceship the rest of the North has nothing to fear from Chicago.

Good news is win the next 3 league championships and you'd finally TIE the Packers...a Bear fan talking smack to a Packer fan about franchises is like Vanilla Ice trying to tell Chuck D that Public Enemy has nothing on VI's career. You'd think there'd be a beatdown but you're laughing so hard there's no way you can take it seriously enough to get mad :wub:

So would you say that they both give the Packers an equal chance of winning the SB??

You are assuming you're getting the 2007 version of Brett Favre and not the 2005 and 2006 Favre and there's no guarantee of seeing the 2007 Favre this season.

Well done "dumb and dumber"

Aaron-shitty-Rodgers leads his team to 6 points against a bad San Francisco team; Favre practices for less than half the time than Rodgers and gets a TD and looks great in his first performance.

Nicely done by the biggest joke of a front office in the NFL.

But the fudgepackers are going to the SB....so said homer d!ck shonuff!!!

:mad:

And the 2nd round bust Colledge looks great....allowing another QB to get killed.

"Aaron Rodgers is our starting QB; next question" Dumb McCarthy!!! :wub:

Big deal, it was a pre-season game.

Big deal, it was a pre-season game.

You have to remember, for Bear fans the "pre-season" really is the season...if they don't get to watch their "franchise QB's" beating up on the Pop-Warner 3rd stringers, they don't get to see any effective QB play that year. Honestly, the Bear boards lightup when they go 4-0 in the pre-season...it's like winning the Halas trophy to them.

I've often thought they call it the Halas trophy because you win it even though it doesn't mean anything. You can win it, and still win nothing. Of course there's only one trophy that matters, and it's named after the legendary Packer coach who owned Halas.

You have to remember, for Bear fans the "pre-season" really is the season...if they don't get to watch their "franchise QB's" beating up on the Pop-Warner 3rd stringers, they don't get to see any effective QB play that year. Honestly, the Bear boards lightup when they go 4-0 in the pre-season...it's like winning the Halas trophy to them.

Grossman and Orton sucked last night(big surprise). Hanie looked pretty good (Against 3rd stringers).

Grossman and Orton sucked last night(big surprise). Hanie looked pretty good (Against 3rd stringers).

But does Hanie have the neckbeard...Bear fans LOVE the neckbeard :lol:

Can anybody explain why a Bears fan is railing on the Packers?

The Bears are focking horrible. The Packers should be in the thick of things this year.

What confounds me the most is that a Bears fan is talking quarterbacks. Grossman and Orton give you that leeway? Really?

:rolleyes: :shocking:

Can anybody explain why a Bears fan is railing on the Packers?

The Bears are focking horrible. The Packers should be in the thick of things this year.

What confounds me the most is that a Bears fan is talking quarterbacks. Grossman and Orton give you that leeway? Really?

:overhead: :lol:

All he has left is trashing the Packers and hoping they are worse then his sperm burp of a team this season.

All he has left is trashing the Packers and hoping they are worse then his sperm burp of a team this season.

Everybody wants to blame Grossman for last year's performance. Somehow, I'm thinking the 28th ranked defense didn't help their cause.

I wonder if perhaps he's "special" or something. :music_guitarred:

I agree with sweetness.

Pack are DUN.

Of course you do...why wouldn't you agree with yourself.

I mean, why would anyone else think that Bears have the best QB in the division and will win the division easily?

:rolleyes:

Chicago would be happy to have any of the Packer's QB starting for them, even Brohm. Heck, Brohm would be the best QB to start for Chicago in the last 10 years.

:lol:

Brohm could not even beat out 7th rounder Matt Flynn....another wasted 2nd round pick by "dumb and dumber". OTOH the Bears drafted Matt Forte instead of a loser like Brohm, and Forte was the stud that just made peyton manning cry on the sidelines all night long.

:overhead: :thumbsup: