Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Usain Bolt 40 time...

From espn Mike&Mike in the Morning, they took the average speed of Bolt in the 100 and 200 which

was 23mph and that works out to be a 3.53 40. Course the avg speed would be slightly less over a

shorter run, and the starting block isn't the same...it looks like he'd be at 4.0 and under. They mentioned

the best combine times recently which are in the 4.2+ range and that equates to about 19mph.

Sign the focker up already! :dunno:

From espn Mike&Mike in the Morning, they took the average speed of Bolt in the 100 and 200 which

was 23mph and that works out to be a 3.53 40. Course the avg speed would be slightly less over a

shorter run, and the starting block isn't the same...it looks like he'd be at 4.0 and under. They mentioned

the best combine times recently which are in the 4.2+ range and that equates to about 19mph.

Sign the focker up already! :cheers:

Humans are slow! A 4000 pound Black Rhino can the run the 100 meter in 8 seconds. :dunno:

Sign the focker up already! :shocking:

That is hardly accurate as I'm sure he reaches top speed after 40 yards...

Humans are slow! A 4000 pound Black Rhino can the run the 100 meter in 8 seconds. :shocking:

If Al Davis could find him a helmet, he'd be signed already.

Because of his height Bolt's slower out of the blocks and builds speed throughout the race. So basing a 40 time on average speed is a bit misleading. Not saying he wouldn't be the fastest, but I don't know if we'd see sub 4 times...

Renaldo Neiamiah Worked out greta in the NFL.. Wasn't he a track star as well.

That said If Bolt can catch and take a hit all he would have to do is run fly patterns and noone could cover unless he was at least doubled and a saftey assigned to him.. He would have to be willing to work day n night to grasp football though - he could be ready if he really worked hard and got a stronger upper body to take hits.

I was under the impression that Sub 4.0 is basically impossible.

that was BUB

( before Usain Bolt )

seriously I have never seen nor heard of a human being as fast as this guy..

Actually factoring in that it is 40 not 100 - an Bolt is much faster the 2nd 50 and first 50 maybe he runs around 3.9.

i also recall that NFL players don't start from blocks, which aids Bolts time tremendously.

However, anybody who watched the guy probably had the same freakin thought. I'm actually figuring him for a low 4 something, but there's no way he can break the 4 barrier. But the dude is 22 yrs old, build like a brick sh!t house, 6'5" and can freaking fly...i'm thinking a faster version of Calvin Johnson!!! :huh:

Believe his split was around 10.0 (running the turn) and 9.3 for the last 100.

The runner up ran the 4th fastest 200 in history (DQed for stepping on the lane) and got beat by 15 meters.

Unreal.

Bullet Bob Hayes was a football player who ran track. Seems like most of the track guys who tried to become footballers didn't succeed very often.

If Al Davis could find him a helmet, he'd be signed already.

hard to find a helmet with a head that big from all the steroids, ask Bonds

Believe his split was around 10.0 (running the turn) and 9.3 for the last 100.

The runner up ran the 4th fastest 200 in history (DQed for stepping on the lane) and got beat by 15 meters.

Unreal.

Bullet Bob Hayes was a football player who ran track. Seems like most of the track guys who tried to become footballers didn't succeed very often.

Willie Gault :pointstosky:

Made the same number of Pro Bowls as you have.

With the training and nutrition of today I think the original would still be best.

Bolt does seem to take a little bit to get to top speed. There is an ability to the receiver position that entails a heckuva lot more than speed. If speed was the only requisite, we would have track stars littering the league.

Check this out on the nuances of the position, I though it was really cool.

Michael Irvin details the nuances of the WR position

Speed is overrated in the NFL.

It is an added BONUS to good players. The NFL had many speedsters that come and go and can't do jack.

johnny lam jones

Guess who was named to the NFL ALL DECADE TEAM for the 90's as a kick returner? 1992 200m Bronze medalist Michael Bates of the Carolina Panthers. :wall:

hard to find a helmet with a head that big from all the steroids, ask Bonds

i doubt bolt is clean...

i doubt bolt is clean...

`

I doubt he is either.

And one other thing, I wouldn't doubt he's on some sort of performance enhancing drug.

He's 6'5'' and 189 pounds. What exactly is he on?

the more i hear people talk about it..at the time of the olympics..nothing..everyone knows how to get off the stuff...but during the rest of the training season...there is no testing in jamaica..

i wish it werent true and hope it isnt...its just odd that people worried about these games..the air quality..and all you have is record after record being shattered...

as for what bolts on? noooo idea...but if they can drug horses..they can drug sprinters...marion jones wasnt too big either..or the dude from canada...

`

I doubt he is either.

And one other thing, I wouldn't doubt he's on some sort of performance enhancing drug.

:bandana:

:dunno:

I am amazed at how these sports guys come up the this '40' time. I mean average speed, give me a break. These guys need to get their computer generated 40 yd line and time Bolt in the 100m to that point. Geez they got the technology, what's their deal. How stupid are they. Don't just make sheet up. Do they really believe their numbers are accurate.

Wish I had access to their technology, I would figure it out.

:rolleyes:

I am amazed at how these sports guys come up the this '40' time. I mean average speed, give me a break. These guys need to get their computer generated 40 yd line and time Bolt in the 100m to that point. Geez they got the technology, what's their deal. How stupid are they. Don't just make sheet up. Do they really believe their numbers are accurate.

Wish I had access to their technology, I would figure it out.

:rolleyes:

That is what I assumed they did when they annoucned that they 'figured it out' which is why I had to guestimate the

rest of the info.

40yards at 19mpg avg =just over 4.2, they didn't give the exact number.

40yards at 23mph avg =3.53sec

so .7 difference and 4mph difference

If Bolt runs a 22mph 40 it's 3.705sec

If Bolt runs a 21mph 40 it's 3.88sec

If Bolt runs a 20mph 40 it's 4.055

with those numbers a 19mph 40 comes out to be 4.23

18mph 40 would be 4.405

In the 200 Bolt's avg speed was 23.18, in the 100 it was 23.04, even if you take off 2 more mph which is a lot he's still cracking 4

I think we go through this once every couple of years:

1988 Olympic 100 meter race - 10 meter splits

Ben Johnson, universally regarded as the fastest man out of the blocks ever, ran an estimated 4.40 second electronically timed 40 yards during his "record breaking" 100 meters in Seoul, a race in which he was .09 seconds faster than his closest competitor to the 40 meter point. Of course, this is electronic timing, where the clock starts the instant the gun is fired, compared to the NFL 40 yard dash, where the athlete starts at his discretion, and the hand timer starts the clock upon his reaction to the runner. Subtract the reaction time of a 100meter runner and the reaction time of an NFL hand timer (including the time to press the stopwatch), and I bet Johnson would have run about a 4.05 NFL timed 40. Factor in the starting blocks (which don't help as much as you might think), and maybe he's around 4.10-4.13. Just a guess, but an educated one.....

That is hardly accurate as I'm sure he reaches top speed after 40 yards...

He would be amazing in the Arena League.