Sign in to follow this  
Kingstowne Dealers

McGahee Questionable for Week 1

McGahee owners do you really want to go through this every week. Abandon ship now! :dunno:

Sportsline

McGahee limited in practice: Ravens RB Willis McGahee (knee) was limited in practice Wednesday and will be listed as questionable for Week 1 against Cincinnati. McGahee missed all four preseason games after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.

(Updated 09/03/2008).

Even if he misses the first two weeks I will hold on to him.

He basically played in 14 games last year and finished with 1200 yards and 7 scores..

He underwent arthoscopic surgery 4 weeks ago. I don't look for him to be limited past week 2.

I have Ray Rice as well so it doesn't matter who starts but I firmly believe that Willis McGahee is more of a threat at running back than Ray Rice..

Here are some highlights from last season when McGahee played on a really bad team with no offensive direction. I believe that Cameron will get even more out of McGahee this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBa0sgRzaks

Even if he misses the first two weeks I will hold on to him.

He basically played in 14 games last year and finished with 1200 yards and 7 scores..

He underwent arthoscopic surgery 4 weeks ago. I don't look for him to be limited past week 2.

I have Ray Rice as well so it doesn't matter who starts but I firmly believe that Willis McGahee is more of a threat at running back than Ray Rice..

Here are some highlights from last season when McGahee played on a really bad team with no offensive direction. I believe that Cameron will get even more out of McGahee this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBa0sgRzaks

The writing is on the wall for McGahee in Balt. When things go from bad to worse this year, the Ravens will get Ray Rice more playing time. Dump Willis while you can get something.

Minor knee surgery = abandon ship

:dunno:

Whatevs

Minor surgery + out of shape + doesn't comprehend the playbook = abandon focking ship ASAP!

The writing is on the wall for McGahee in Balt. When things go from bad to worse this year, the Ravens will get Ray Rice more playing time. Dump Willis while you can get something.

i respect your opinion but I disagree with your assumption.

Harbaugh and Cameron will put the best players on the field every week despite record. If McGahee gives them the best chance of winning then he will play. Both Harbaugh and Cameron have stated repeatedly that McGahee is and will be the starter when healthy. They both know that he is the best chance of Baltimore winning.

Minor surgery + out of shape + doesn't comprehend the playbook = abandon focking ship ASAP!

Willis McGahee reported to camp 4 pounds overweight..

If it wasn't for the knee surgery he would have worked himself into playing weight in 2 days...

Towards the bottom of this article is a quote from Head Coach John Harbaugh that states:

"Willis McGahee is our back, NO QUESTION!"

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_...n=fantasy,99939

i respect your opinion but I disagree with your assumption.

Harbaugh and Cameron will put the best players on the field every week despite record. If McGahee gives them the best chance of winning then he will play. Both Harbaugh and Cameron have stated repeatedly that McGahee is and will be the starter when healthy. They both know that he is the best chance of Baltimore winning.

Either way, with both guys and a Cam Cameron offense you have a shot at great numbers. Just sucks having to guess who's in there for the bulk of the carries until the situation sorts itself.

There is no way to look at this situation in a rational way and think it is good for McGahee owners.. There just isn't..

All the highlights from last year and old press clippings don't change anything..

If people don't see that they are in denial..

Rookie QB, banged up RB before his first carry, and rookie with talent waiting in the wings..

No thanks..

There is no way to look at this situation in a rational way and think it is good for McGahee owners.. There just isn't..

All the highlights from last year and old press clippings don't change anything..

If people don't see that they are in denial..

Rookie QB, banged up RB before his first carry, and rookie with talent waiting in the wings..

No thanks..

So you are saying that Baltimore has a better chance with a rookie quarterback AND a rookie running back?

So you are saying that Baltimore has a better chance with a rookie quarterback AND a rookie running back?

Nothing of the sort, I don't think they have much of a chance of winning either way.

Minor knee surgery = abandon ship

:dunno:

Whatevs

'Minor Knee surgery' is an oxymoron. :P

All I'm saying is if you can get rid of McGahee now would be the best time while there's still a little hope left. 1 more of these questionable weeks and you won't be able to get jack squat for him.

This could be Rudi Johnson all over again :lol:

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

EVERYONE that drafted McGahee knew that he had arthroscopic knee surgery and we got him at a discounted rate because of this. Most knew he'd be riding the pine for our fantasy teams for the first week or so but would be ready to soon afterwards. Just because you guys drafted Ray Rice doesn't mean you have to go into every McGahee thread and claim the sky is falling.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

EVERYONE that drafted McGahee knew that he had arthroscopic knee surgery and we got him at a discounted rate because of this. Most knew he'd be riding the pine for our fantasy teams for the first week or so but would be ready to soon afterwards. Just because you guys drafted Ray Rice doesn't mean you have to go into every McGahee thread and claim the sky is falling.

:lol:

I traded McGahee and Rice for MJD and I'm not looking back.

YOu did what you thought was best. Good luck.

This injury is the type to linger, and McGahee - even healthy - would routinely take himself out of games last season :overhead:

What I just don't understand is the fact that is all basically going according to plan. This news isn't shocking. I also wouldn't be shocked if McGahee gets upgraded to probable before Sunday. That doesn't change the fact that I'm not starting him anyways and I'm certainly not panicking because I drafted Willis with my eyes open. I don't know about you guys but I got him in the 3rd round and I'm completely comfortable playing the wait and see approach.

Yeah, lets sell low before week 1. Focking rookies. :overhead:

Sounds like now's the time to trade for McGahee with all of the fools jumping ship. He was a top 10 back on a horrible offence last year. With Cameron in town, he should be able to at least replicate that, even with a rookie QB. The knee surgery doesn't concern me. He's got plenty of time to get back in shape.

This injury is the type to linger, and McGahee - even healthy - would routinely take himself out of games last season :overhead:

what injury would that be? Everything I read was that the procedure was a cleaning up process and there was no injury. The recovery is from the actual scoped surgery. He doesn't have a hamstring, calf, or knee injury..

As far as taking himself out of games, all running backs ask for a breather. Everyone from LT, FWP, Adrian Peterson all ask for a break. McGahee averaged 24 touches per game for the 14 full games he played. LT averaged 24 touches per game last year. Wille Parker averaged 23 touches per game. Jamal Lewis averaged 22 touches per game.. McGahee carried the workload for the Ravens.

Here we go again. :overhead:

I'm a Ray Rice owner, and agree 100%.

But isn't that what this ENTIRE forum becomes after everyone drafts? Every other thread is discussing player B (who is some 10th-20th round flier) taking over player A's (who is probably a pro bowler) job. :lol: Everybody falls in love with the team they drafted and as a result their responses turn into biased hype fests instead of informative bipartisan discussion.

Sounds like now's the time to trade for McGahee with all of the fools jumping ship. He was a top 10 back on a horrible offence last year. With Cameron in town, he should be able to at least replicate that, even with a rookie QB. The knee surgery doesn't concern me. He's got plenty of time to get back in shape.

Exactly! :( Sell high - buy low. Not vice versa.

If you are going to trow out to people that they get off of him now...add something useful like what you think you can get for him before he sets foot on the field with all the bad hype in the pre-season. Iif he doesn't play the next two weeks is it really going to be much worse? On the other hand, if he plays this week and gets 2nd or 3rd tier numbers his trade value could skyrocket.

If it wasn't for the knee surgery he would have worked himself into playing weight in 2 days...

Towards the bottom of this article is a quote from Head Coach John Harbaugh that states:

Coach speak? :o

If you believe in McGahee more power to you. Me, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Good luck.

Here we go again. :o

EVERYONE that drafted McGahee knew that he had arthroscopic knee surgery and we got him at a discounted rate because of this.

Guy in my league took him in the middle of the 2nd round. I quietly chuckled. :P

Coach speak? :o

If you believe in McGahee more power to you. Me, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Good luck.

With all due respect, I will take the word of the head coach before someone on this message board... :P

Obviously we both have different ideas on how McGahee will perform this year. I hope you do well in your league and everything turns out great with your running backs. That is what is great about fantasy football, everyone makes their own determination about the value of each player. I have never thougth Andre Johnson was in position to be a top 5 receiver. Others disagree and proclaim him a top 5 back. I will not touch Andre Johnson at his, in my opinion over-inflated value, until the Texans prove they can produce an offense that will make elite fantasy players.

Good luck this year.

After reading the article, though, the line "Willis is our back, no question." was the only positive thing said about McGahee. The rest of the article described how good Rice has looked and how McGahee has missed voluntary workouts (not unusual for Miami players who often work out at the U, but it doesn't help one learn a new offense), been out of shape and has struggled to learn the new play book. If you at least don't see all this as negative, your in as much denial as I was about Rudi Johnson. :dunno:

it's all speculation anyway... the REAL thing to be worried about is people stacking 8 in the box against whoever the Ravens' RB is because they have an unproven rookie QB, mediocre at best WRs and a hobbled TE... this will probably yield little help to balance the offense...

McGahee's days in Baltimore are numbered. Ask the locals. Read the local newspapers and tune in to the media. They want his lazy ass OUT.

He doesn't work hard, he disregards conditioning goals and shows up each year out of shape, and he's got perennial knee problems.

...but at least he's got a bad attitude, is slow to learn playbooks, takes himself out of games too frequently, and generally acts like a wannabe thug.

McGahee's days in Baltimore are numbered. Ask the locals. Read the local newspapers and tune in to the media. They want his lazy ass OUT.

He doesn't work hard, he disregards conditioning goals and shows up each year out of shape, and he's got perennial knee problems.

...but at least he's got a bad attitude, is slow to learn playbooks, takes himself out of games too frequently, and generally acts like a wannabe thug.

:pointstosky: :pointstosky: :wub:

A rookie QB AND a rookie RB? No

A rookie QB AND THIS rookie RB? Yes...especially with McGahee not getting on the field enough to prove he is the best RB on the team right now.

Realistically, McGahee still is the best RB, but not by much.

A rookie QB AND a rookie RB? No

A rookie QB AND THIS rookie RB? Yes...especially with McGahee not getting on the field enough to prove he is the best RB on the team right now.

Realistically, McGahee still is the best RB, but not by much.

Very impressive. He showed excellent vision and great burst through the hole once he found it. :headbanger: I saw McGahee a couple of times on tv last year, and he didn't look near that explosive.

Very impressive. He showed excellent vision and great burst through the hole once he found it. :headbanger: I saw McGahee a couple of times on tv last year, and he didn't look near that explosive.

Check out post #2. He looked pretty damn explosive in that video..

:headbanger: Sounds like his goal is to become a Cowboy some day! Maybe could they could do a straight trade for Barber right now.

Check out post #2. He looked pretty damn explosive in that video..

You're right, he looked much better in that highlight video than I remembered. I stand corrected. :headbanger: