Sign in to follow this  
The Hood

Hypocrisy in action

Rodney Harrison, in fact, called it dirty. When asked if it was because Williams hit Vrabel below the knees after Brown already had scored, Harrison answered in the affirmative.

"You said it better than me," Harrison said. "There's no place in the game for that. (But) it's part of the game. You have to protect yourself. It's disappointing that guys don't take care of each other, but we'll just have to be on guard, because there's some dirty stuff out there."

Yeah mainly that guy in the mirror Rodney. :overhead: :overhead:

so if you rape someone and you see someone else being raped, you shouldn't tell anyone?

Good call, Marcy. ;)

so if you rape someone and you see someone else being raped, you shouldn't tell anyone?

Good call, Marcy. :doublethumbsup:

Terrible analogy. One of the dumbest I have ever seen actually.

It's more like Ricky Williams telling you drugs are bad.

Terrible analogy. One of the dumbest I have ever seen actually.

It's more like Ricky Williams telling you drugs are bad.

FAIL

There's no place in the game for that, but it's a part of the game.

Um, ok. whatever. moving along then.

Not a dirty play - a high effort play. Although Vrabel wasn't likely to catch Brown there is no guarantee Brown doesn't stumble, lose the ball, or come up lame at the end of the run and slow down significantly before he reaches the end zone. Plus, this is moot because Brown wasn't in the endzone, he was at the 25 yard line when Ricky dove for Vrabel.

Just because the team didn't expect the Dolphins - namely Williams - to show that much effort to go full speed in the 4th QTR with a big lead and make a play that any coach would applaud him for doing tells you that they are simply upset about getting their butts whipped.

BTW - if you don't believe what I just said about not being a dirty play, then just call it retaliation for what you see at :28 seconds of this highlight reel and you'll understand why Vrabel got what he got :doublethumbsup:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80affc67

Guest BernardPollardFan
Not a dirty play - a high effort play. Although Vrabel wasn't likely to catch Brown there is no guarantee Brown doesn't stumble, lose the ball, or come up lame at the end of the run and slow down significantly before he reaches the end zone. Plus, this is moot because Brown wasn't in the endzone, he was at the 25 yard line when Ricky dove for Vrabel.

Just because the team didn't expect the Dolphins - namely Williams - to show that much effort to go full speed in the 4th QTR with a big lead and make a play that any coach would applaud him for doing tells you that they are simply upset about getting their butts whipped.

BTW - if you don't believe what I just said about not being a dirty play, then just call it retaliation for what you see at :28 seconds of this highlight reel and you'll understand why Vrabel got what he got ;)

<_<

that entire team does crap like that

vrabel, bruschi, wilfork. seymour, warren

late hit, fall on top, twist ankles, etc.

Why are the Pats mad at this play? I thought they preached never taking your foot off of the gas.

If BB was seriously the greatest coach ever he would have stopped that college gadget play.

I'll even tell him how to stop it.

When the teams real qb lines up at wide receiver simply have your db 5 yard chuck the crap out of him.(legal)

How many coaches would keep subjecting the real qb to possible injury?

Just remember Pats, only your team can play the ole never take your foot off of the gas game and not other teams.

Are you honestly suggesting there was something wrong with that play?

Unnecessary roughness. Williams was down for a solid second, basically out of bounds, and showing no signs of either getting up or moving forward more. Don't get me wrong, I love contact and big hits, but what do you gain by drilling someone in the numbers when they are already on the ground? All he had to do was touch Williams and the play's over...

The Patriots are such focking jokes. They got the dirtiest player in the NFL, most classless coach in the league, Wilfork and his atomic elbows, Vrabel himself that doesn't stop diving at peoples knees in the closing seconds of a blowout and they are cheaters to boot. Do they really want to lecture people about the rules of the game?

BTW - if you don't believe what I just said about not being a dirty play, then just call it retaliation for what you see at :28 seconds of this highlight reel and you'll understand why Vrabel got what he got :dunno:

<_<

Ricky should hardly consider himself the policeman for the NFL. The block by Ricky was a borderline clip at the legs when Vrabel was 10 yards away from Brown. Even Ricky said he would not do it again.

You know that is BS. Just admit it.

There's no place in the game for that, but it's a part of the game.

Um, ok. whatever. moving along then.

Exactly. What an idiot. It's as if he realized mid-sentence that "it's part of the game" is his career excuse for dirty play, so he had to alter his comment even if it resulted in a complete contradiction of what he had just said. <_<

I googled "dirtiest player in the nfl". Here is the first result:

(hint: it wasn't Ricky Williams)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2631666

<_<

LOL "But dirty? I don't think you guys can look in my eyes and say I'm a dirty player."

No kidding Rodney, how can I look in your eyes when you're leading with the crown of your helmet?

<_<

Ricky should hardly consider himself the policeman for the NFL. The block by Ricky was a borderline clip at the legs when Vrabel was 10 yards away from Brown. Even Ricky said he would not do it again.

It's just as dirty to completely unnecessarily drop the people's elbow on a guy's lower back when he is just lying there on the ground, as it is to completely unnecessarily cut block a guy from the side. Both happened while the play was still live, neither served any purpose other than to be cheap shots.

<_<

Sucks when your team quits and the other one doesn't...

don't it?

I remember being furious at Rodney Harrison when he was on the Chargers and playing against the Rams... he dove for Trent Green's knee in a pre-season game and knocked him out for the year.

And then Kurt Warner took over and took the Rams to the Lombardi Trophy. "Thank you Jesus!"

It's just as dirty to completely unnecessarily drop the people's elbow on a guy's lower back when he is just lying there on the ground, as it is to completely unnecessarily cut block a guy from the side. Both happened while the play was still live, neither served any purpose other than to be cheap shots.

Yup. I do think that there is a fine line between playing hard and playing dirty. In the open field it is a little more obvious than in the pile. Does not make it any less dirty in either area and really no place for it.

Sucks when your team quits and the other one doesn't...

don't it?

It is very new to me. I know that you are old hat at having a crappy team that quits, but I am not used to it yet. :(

Rodney really shouldn't be criticizing others for dirty plays, whether they are dirty or are not.

The Patriots are such focking jokes. They got the dirtiest player in the NFL, most classless coach in the league, Wilfork and his atomic elbows, Vrabel himself that doesn't stop diving at peoples knees in the closing seconds of a blowout and they are cheaters to boot. Do they really want to lecture people about the rules of the game?

2007 called, they want your whining back. :(

2007 called, they want your whining back. :(

Seems like the only ones whining now are your Patriots and their fans.

It's like the Bizzaro World. Everything that was said about the Patriots in 2007 is now being cried about by the Patriots. This is hilarious.

It's like the Bizzaro World. Everything that was said about the Patriots in 2007 is now being cried about by the Patriots. This is hilarious.

Can't wait for BB to accuse Mangini of videotaping them.

Guest BernardPollardFan

Week 6 they're going to cry and say the Chargers ran up the score on them.

You are right. Except last season, the Patriots players were fined by the league. Perhaps they are not happy with the hypocrisy of the league. :lol:

Guest BernardPollardFan
You are right. Except last season, the Patriots players were fined by the league. Perhaps they are not happy with the hypocrisy of the league. :dunno:

Legal hits=/=Illegal hits

Seems like the only ones whining now are your Patriots and their fans.

We are? I made fun of Rodney for being hypocritical, read my post above. :dunno:

Your obsession with the team and the fans is quite sad, move on. :mellow:

Wasn't Vrabel the doosh who plowed into the Browns' quarterback's knees during a qb spike in a game that was well out of reach last year? :pointstosky:

It is very new to me. I know that you are old hat at having a crappy team that quits, but I am not used to it yet. :cheers:

Yeah... I'm plenty used to it.

Excuse me if it's fun for the rest of us to watch it happen... but... hey... it's fun!

Wasn't Vrabel the doosh who plowed into the Browns' quarterback's knees during a qb spike in a game that was well out of reach last year? :wave:

Yissireebob. Brady, Vrabel, Harrison, Wilford..... they're all getting their cumupance. :banana:

BTW - if you don't believe what I just said about not being a dirty play, then just call it retaliation for what you see at :28 seconds of this highlight reel and you'll understand why Vrabel got what he got :cheers:

Good find; also look at the hit Harrison tries to deal out at 1:17; two Pats stand Ricky up and Dirty Harrison comes in from the side to try and take his head off. I'm actually surprised someone hasn't shot that focker yet. Seriously.

I was afraid the refs were going to call back that td because of that block. It was close to a penalty, but that block had absolutely no malicious intent.