Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

Another pressure situation for Romo.

I think Dallas would be an 8-8 or so team without Murray ...

... but 1-15 without Romo.

deserves MVP chatter at this point :thumbsup:

Yes, you will hear from me in December. That's when really important games are played and the times Romo is at his worst. But hey, he's had a ton of comeback wins. I'm very proud of him. :wave:

Ya know..anyone that knows anything ...anything about football...avoids comments like this. I mean, why set yourself up to look like a monkeys ass?

This guy talks like most of us did when we were 12 or 13, yakking about who the best teams was. I can guarantee you he isn't very bright.

Next ... he's likely gonna say "We'll see. We'll see. When they don't win the SB or Romo has a bad game, I'll be there to make sure I sound like an expert..."

Duh. The Cowboys likely won't win the SB, but neither will _______ (fill in the blank with any one team).

Again, why make comments that will set you up to look like a 12 year old?

I bump this when Romo comes up small in big games. I guess I could have given him the accalades when the Cowboys squeaked by the lowly VaGiants, but I didn't. Sorry bro. :wave:

VaGiants! LOL!!!! Man oh man.....the intellect! Hilarious. Next, he'll start throwing around words like ViQeens, Cowgirls, Homo or Rapelisberger. Then...then...then everyone will realize just how gall durn hilarious this guy is! And man, he sure knows football. Its incredible the intellect this guy has. Amazing.

Romo has certainly silenced all those that love to bash him. And to think he's doing it with 2 back fractures and a messed up rib.

I missed the Eagles game Saturday - how much did they win by? :lol:

VaGiants! LOL!!!! Man oh man.....the intellect! Hilarious. Next, he'll start throwing around words like ViQeens, Cowgirls, Homo or Rapelisberger. Then...then...then everyone will realize just how gall durn hilarious this guy is! And man, he sure knows football. Its incredible the intellect this guy has. Amazing.

Stop flirting.

:wub:

3 straight elimination games, all of them in december. for the stretch...

completion percentage: 80.9

TDs: 10

INTs: 0

passer rating: 139.6

it's amazing what a guy can do when he finally gets support from the rest of the team.

but keep chirping EG--we expect nothing less from you.

I got nothing.

Romo is playing lights out, and doing it while injured.

I honestly didn't think he had it in him. I am very worried this team can do damage in the postseason. I may have to delete this thread if they roll all the way to the dance. :sleep:

He's going to Romo it in the playoffs.

:wave:

I got nothing.

Romo is playing lights out, and doing it while injured.

I honestly didn't think he had it in him. I am very worried this team can do damage in the postseason. I may have to delete this thread if they roll all the way to the dance. :sleep:

He's going to Romo it in the playoffs.

The only sentence of worth in your post was the first one. Everything else was just jibba-jabba.

Fixed. :thumbsup:

The only sentence of worth in your post was the first one. Everything else was just jibba-jabba.

Fixed. :thumbsup:

Raider fan? Don't you have a car to steal or some looting planned?

I think Dallas would be an 8-8 or so team without Murray ...

... but 1-15 without Romo.

deserves MVP chatter at this point :thumbsup:

You will never, and I mean never, hear any of the birds that cluck and flap their wings every time Romo blows a game give him any credit when it's the reverse. You can't even find them, it's - it's like they vanished into thin. But boy they come running Monday a.m. when he's thrown a game losing pick.

Romo absolutely needs to be in the discussion - in fact he needs to be in the top of the top of all lists. If Rogers, Brady or Manning were doing what he's done in December - with back fractures and a busted rib, the race would be already over and the trophy already engraved.

And the few who have talked about it give Romo no credit bcoz they say he is benefitting from Dez and Murray... So when he chokes with Dez and Murray it's still all his fault - when he succeeds with Dez and Murray it's not bcoz of him - ha, it's a no win situation.

Raider fan? Don't you have a car to steal or some looting planned?

Well, I haven't looted anything since the 92 riots in LA. And its been at least 30 years since I've stolen car, but I will say the skank deserved it.

You will never, and I mean never, hear any of the birds that cluck and flap their wings every time Romo blows a game give him any credit when it's the reverse. You can't even find them, it's - it's like they vanished into thin. But boy they come running Monday a.m. when he's thrown a game losing pick.

Romo absolutely needs to be in the discussion - in fact he needs to be in the top of the top of all lists. If Rogers, Brady or Manning were doing what he's done in December - with back fractures and a busted rib, the race would be already over and the trophy already engraved.

And the few who have talked about it give Romo no credit bcoz they say he is benefitting from Dez and Murray... So when he chokes with Dez and Murray it's still all his fault - when he succeeds with Dez and Murray it's not bcoz of him - ha, it's a no win situation.

Word I'm hearing on the sports talk radio circuit here in DFW is that his volume sample is disqualifying him from MVP discussion outright. But he's undoubtedly having his finest season. Dude is nails right now, both in his play and the way he carries himself.

Ha, did I call it or what? Sign of a giant tool - only show up when your team wins. O'well nothing new - we all know this by now who is and who isn't.

Philly is the class of the East, we are just an average team.

Class of the Least I think you meant?

:lol: no doubt.

This is hilarious. Like Philly fans wouldn't take Romo in a second over the turnover machines they have at QB now.

This is hilarious. Like Philly fans wouldn't take Romo in a second over the turnover machines they have at QB now.

you're missing the funny part--they're merely operating from their own frame of reference, and assuming that romo will pull a mcnabb/jaworski. after all, no PHI QB in living memory has ever avoided catastrophic failure, so it's reasonable for PHI fans to operate from that mental framework with respect to other teams. we are all creatures of our history--it tints the lens through which we view the world--and the history of PHI is failure.

so it shouldn't be a surprise when they assume that our QB will follow the pattern of their QBs.

Oh sure. But since that's not an option I will enjoy watching Romo fold like a cheap lawn chair in the postseason. Again. :lol:

This thread deserves a bump. Romo is 13/16 for 188 and two scores.

Dallas is absolutely throttling the Skins, playing their game. It's like they're clubbing baby seals.

This thread deserves a bump. Romo is 13/16 for 188 and two scores.

Dallas is absolutely throttling the Skins, playing their game. It's like they're clubbing baby seals.

This time next week he will be booking tee times

For who? He doesn't play golf.

What a shame. His NFL career has given him so much free time to enjoy it.

Speaking of free time:

The Eagles...

Who?

:mellow:

Speaking of free time:

The Eagles...

I hear the Eagles annual "Box Up the Trophy Case and Put Back into the Attic" ceremony is as popular and long running as the Punxsutawney Phil one. :thumbsup:

Holy shite I was all over Romo back then.

I can't wait to watch Seattle replay the Cowboys. That offense is in for a world of hurt.

Ha ha ha... IF Dallas is to play the Seahawks for the NFC title, that will mean the Boys will have beaten Detroit and Green Bay to get there, which means their running game will be cranked into HIGH gear. Be careful what you wish for.

Romo was lucky to walk off that field not on a stretcher. What a beating he took - the Lions front was tremendous and really played well... But Romo maintained his poise and he rose to the occasion. Many of those sacks he took he would not have in the past. In the past he would of chunked it up for grabs trying to make a play - only to see it picked.

Getting past GB will be a monumental task - especially up there and in the elements. It can be done, but it will take a near perfect effort.

Romo was lucky to walk off that field not on a stretcher. What a beating he took - the Lions front was tremendous and really played well... But Romo maintained his poise and he rose to the occasion. Many of those sacks he took he would not have in the past. In the past he would of chunked it up for grabs trying to make a play - only to see it picked.

Getting past GB will be a monumental task - especially up there and in the elements. It can be done, but it will take a near perfect effort.

I love Romo, always touting him, but he was average yesterday. If he plays that way against the Pack, the score will be 45-10.

TimmySmith, on 05 Jan 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

I love Romo, always touting him, but he was average yesterday. If he plays that way against the Pack, the score will be 45-10.

Agreed. The early pounding he took combined with his already broken back was evident in the game. He had no zip on the ball and had a hard time moving laterally... Not being talked about is how bad next week could be if R. McClain is out.... You can come back on a team like the Lions. You give Rodgers a 2 score lead and it's church.

Ha ha ha ha ha... I haven't seen a front four get after a quarterback like that since the 70's. What's more, Detroit was absolutely stuffing the running lanes as well. You throw in all the stunts, blitz schemes, and safeties coming in off the corners... Cruzer is right, Romo WAS lucky to escape without injury. Somehow, I doubt he was sitting there in the post game presser with knees knocking, worrying about the Green Bay defense, ha ha ha ha ha...

On a serious note, I did see some troubling things from Romo. He had several poor throws coming out, nose down, where you could swear the old Antonio was coming out. He held the ball far too long and took some killer sacks at times. But again, you've got to credit the Detroit defense. Most here on this board already know this, but I'll say it again- When a defense can put pressure, and I mean serious pressure, on an opposing quarterback with it's front four ALONE, that is a HUGE advantage. Big props to Dallas getting up off the mat and sticking with the game plan. Murray with 19 carries for 79 yards and a TD, wow. But what made it all possible was Romo. That TD strike to Terrence Williams saved their season.

in the postgame presser, romo was asked about the low throws. he said that while he definitely missed on a couple of throws, his ball placement early was intended to minimize the risk of interceptions. this is borne out by the numbers--in the first half, he was 8 of 16. in the 3rdQ, he was 9 of 11.

Big props to Dallas getting up off the mat and sticking with the game plan. Murray with 19 carries for 79 yards and a TD, wow. But what made it all possible was Romo. That TD strike to Terrence Williams saved their season.

And what made those throws possible was the Refs swallowing the whistle while Suh got tackled on every down.

And what made those throws possible was the Refs swallowing the whistle while Suh got tackled on every down.

Not sure if you're complaining or just stating objective opinion. I personally didn't see any of it, and it certainly wasn't an issue with the TV coverage crew that I can recall. Usually if there's anything blatant the analyst will at least note it. Aikman has called games pretty straight in his TV career. Not saying Suh is a beast and doesn't get double-teamed and mugged, but IF it is the case I have the following question...

SO FOCKING WHAT?

This guy has the physical talent of the best DT's to ever play the game, and yet he disrespects his peers, the fans, and the tradition of the league with a highlight reel of dirty play? I'm going to feel sorry for that? With penalties in the trenches, many times you're going with the judgement of individual linesmen/refs. At some point Suh's bush league antics may cost him with the whistles. You reap what you sow.

You complaining about a maniac like Suh getting held by opposing offensive linemen is comical at best. If intent was to make sporting joke, you succeeded.

Not sure if you're complaining or just stating objective opinion. I personally didn't see any of it, and it certainly wasn't an issue with the TV coverage crew that I can recall. Usually if there's anything blatant the analyst will at least note it. Aikman has called games pretty straight in his TV career. Not saying Suh is a beast and doesn't get double-teamed and mugged, but IF it is the case I have the following question...

SO FOCKING WHAT?

This guy has the physical talent of the best DT's to ever play the game, and yet he disrespects his peers, the fans, and the tradition of the league with a highlight reel of dirty play? I'm going to feel sorry for that? With penalties in the trenches, many times you're going with the judgement of individual linesmen/refs. At some point Suh's bush league antics may cost him with the whistles. You reap what you sow.

You complaining about a maniac like Suh getting held by opposing offensive linemen is comical at best. If intent was to make sporting joke, you succeeded.

I wish your posts were comical. Sadly they have no redeeming qualities at all.

If the Cowboys play their game, that's not a ridiculous statement. Though I can't see a point spread that wide unless Rodgers goes down. Just had a good friend who's a Packers fan point out that the Lion's run defense is overrated. According to him the Pack ran the ball down their throats to start that week 17 game.

I laughed as I pointed out the Pack were in a no-huddle to start that game, and ran exclusively out of the shotgun. Hardly smash mouth student body left lol...