Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Jacobs Says He May Not Play...

Brandon Jacobs, RB NYG

News: The Newark Star-Ledger reports that Giants RB Brandon Jacobs doesn't have any damage in his swollen knee based on an MRI done on Monday, according to a team source. But in an interview on ESPN, Jacobs said that he doesn't think the team will let him play in Week 12, citing that the Giants have enough running backs behind him to work in his place and let his knee rest.

Analysis: We'd like to hear something official from head coach Tom Coughlin on this, but that may not happen until later in the week. For now, figure that Jacobs will start in Week 12 at Arizona, but it's probably a good idea to get a backup plan in place if you don't have one already just in case he doesn't play. We'll be sure to stay locked in on all news involving Jacobs in the coming days.

and ward is already gone in all of my leagues. this would make bradshaws value go up especially after the day he had on sunday against baltimore. any ideas? :cheers:

Let's assume Brenda misses Week 12... in a PPR league who is the guy to grab?

I'm not taking any chances, Jacobs will sit this week.....I'm starting Gore & MB III :mad: :lol:

Brenda

She'll be in the stands watching her gunslinger husband.

Rotoworld is saying something totally different:

Brandon Jacobs said during a radio interview Tuesday that his injured knee feels "pretty good."

An MRI exam Monday reportedly showed no structural damage. "I feel way better than I felt Sunday after the game," Jacobs said. "I did the same thing I did against Dallas last year but it’s nowhere near as bad as it was then. I’ll be fine. It’s my call and we’ll be alright." It's worth noting that "the same thing he did against Dallas last year" kept him sidelined for three games, but it sounds like Jacobs is planning to play in Week 12.

I think he's a risky play this week regardless. Jacobs at anything less than 100% is a gamble of epic proportions. He could run the ball twice and go straight to the locker room in a heartbeat.

Let's see if he practices at all. That's how you can tell.

If he plays, you can count on your usual 70-100 yards rushing and a TD or two. (by halftime).

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing him a sit a game. Give him a week's rest and refuel the monster.

Let's see if he practices at all. That's how you can tell.

If he plays, you can count on your usual 70-100 yards rushing and a TD or two. (by halftime).

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing him a sit a game. Give him a week's rest and refuel the monster.

:lol:

Absolutely what he said...gear up for the division games. Besides, Ward and Bradshaw can handle the Cards. As an owner of both Jacobs and Ward, I wouldn't hesitate to start Ward if the big man sits.

I agree let him sit this week out. He has been great this year scoring 11 TD's. Let the man rest a week. People calling him Brenda must not have him on there roster.

I agree let him sit this week out. He has been great this year scoring 11 TD's. Let the man rest a week. People calling him Brenda must not have him on there roster.

Nor do they play on the Ravens defense.

:doublethumbsup:

Ward and Bradshaw can handle the Cards. As an owner of both Jacobs and Ward, I wouldn't hesitate to start Ward if the big man sits.

I have Jacobs and picked up Ward off the wire this morning. :pointstosky:

If Jacobs plays, I might start Ward too instead of Hightower. (I also have Gore)

Ward is getting more carries so hes a goodpick up if for some crazy reason he is on the wire. I would hurry and get Bradshaw right now too. If they keep winning they are going to use a ton more Ward/Bradshaw towards the last few weeks.

jacobs 'good to go' but it's Coughlin's call

Jacobs

Brandon Jacobs told Newsday's Tom Rock that he feels like he's "good to go" for this week but added that it's coach Tom Coughlin's call as to whether Jacobs plays or not.

Jacobs has been giving different answers to media outlets throughout the day, including a radio interview where he claimed that playing this week was his call. It sounds like Jacobs wants to play this week at Arizona, but he believes Tom Coughlin may choose to play it more conservatively. Check back for updates on Jacobs' status after Wednesday's practice. Nov. 18 - 9:44 pm et

Source: Newsday

id say he will not play! like jacobs said they have a ton of RB's so why risk it.

id say he will not play! like jacobs said they have a ton of RB's so why risk it.

I hope you are right...because I'm playing against Brenda... and I have Ward... :dunno:

IF Jacobs rests - I hear Bradshaw will get the Jacobs carries with Ward keeping the role he already has.. Supposedly Bradshaw is the real back up to Jacobs NOT Ward - Ward is the COP - 3rd down guy regardless is what I am hearing.

Brandon Jacobs-RB-Giants Nov. 19 - 12:43 pm et

Despite coach Tom Couglin's announcement that Brandon Jacobs (knee) would not practice Wednesday, Jacobs did do some work on the side.

Jacobs will be listed on the participation report as having had "no practice," but reporters caught him jogging on his sore knee, jumping to test out the joint, and catching passes in individual drills. Beat writer Mike Garafalo says Jacobs "looked pretty good" and expects him to play against Arizona, but if the knee swells up on Thursday it would be a different story.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Just a little info I found on Rotoworld.

Bradshaw will get Jacobs carries. BA is a free agent next year...it would be good for the Gmen to see what they have in Bradshaw. Believe me, if the giants can aviod having to pay someone 30 million, they will try to avoid it.

If he is dinged up, my guess is that they will sit him.

Bradshaw will get Jacobs carries. BA is a free agent next year...it would be good for the Gmen to see what they have in Bradshaw. Believe me, if the giants can aviod having to pay someone 30 million, they will try to avoid it.

What info do you have that says Bradshaw gets the carries? Last year when Jacobs went down Ward got all the work. This year the only time Bradshaw comes in is for kick returns and garbage-time work. Even in the Ravens game Ward got all the post-Jacobs goaline carries (for some odd reason). I'm not saying Bradshaw won't get the work, I'm just saying there's no evidence indicating that he will.

But what do I know, I'm currently 5-6 in my league. :thumbsup:

IF Jacobs rests - I hear Bradshaw will get the Jacobs carries with Ward keeping the role he already has.. Supposedly Bradshaw is the real back up to Jacobs NOT Ward - Ward is the COP - 3rd down guy regardless is what I am hearing.

Where are you hearing this? Everything I've read says Ward will be the man if Jacobs sits.

I just picked up Bradshaw and I'm considering starting him in my flex over the likes of Breaston and even McGahee.

Are people just making up this stuff about Bradshaw getting all the carries over Ward or is there some credible source? I'd love to be able to sit McGahee, he's so frustrating.

These guys have been hotboxing with Santonio Holmes and Ricky Williams...Ward is the man if Jacobs sits. Bradshaw will certainly get carries - probably the share Ward would've gotten - but he will NOT be #1 on the depth chart. Ward is incredible - power, speed, moves, great receiver out of the backfield...I don't know what his contract situation is but he could easily be starting for someone.

L Headlines

Giants RB Jacobs expects to play at Arizona

Jacobs

Brandon Jacobs (knee) said after Wednesday's practice that he expects to play in Week 12 at Arizona.

Jacobs called his injury "a little nagging thing that is just there, but I don't think it will hold me out." The contract-year back is running with light pockets and heavy determination, trying to prove he can make it through a full season. We're not that concerned about the injury if he practices. Coach Tom Coughlin expects him out there on Thursday. Nov. 19 - 2:49 pm et

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

well this clears up alot??? :overhead:

These guys have been hotboxing with Santonio Holmes and Ricky Williams...Ward is the man if Jacobs sits. Bradshaw will certainly get carries - probably the share Ward would've gotten - but he will NOT be #1 on the depth chart. Ward is incredible - power, speed, moves, great receiver out of the backfield...I don't know what his contract situation is but he could easily be starting for someone.

He's a free agent this offseason. So is Jacobs. The Giants will only pay one of them (probably Jacobs). This means Ward will most likely be starting for another team next year. If you play in a keeper/dynasty you might want to stash Ward now. HTH.

Rotoworld:

Impending free agent Brandon Jacobs is confident that he'll be back with the Giants next season, but he assumes Derrick Ward will sign on as a starter with another team.

Jacobs said "it hurts" that Ward will depart, but he's happy that Ward will get paid in a starting role elsewhere. He added that Ward reminds him every day of their future paychecks, which means the Giants would be down to Earth and Fire next season.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/gia...story?track=rss

I'd rather have him sit for this game and get himself together for the rest of the season and especially the playoff run. He's the only player on the Giants roster I'd like to see sit the last game of the season and have the first round bye so he can absolutely punch somebody in the mouth during the playoffs.

He was limited in practice yesterday (almost all reports erroneously said he was out), and he's expected to practice today. If he is limited, probably will sit Sunday. If he has a full practice at full speed, let the speculation begin.

Newsday.com

NOTEBOOK

Injured Jacobs gets a little practice

BY TOM ROCK | November 20, 2008 Brandon Jacobs was told early on that he wouldn't be practicing yesterday, but he was able to sneak in a little running and pass catching with the other running backs during the early portion of the workout.

"I was bouncing around and ready to go, but I listen to what coach Coughlin says and go about things the right way," Jacobs said. The Giants' leading running back suffered a knee injury on Sunday that caused him to miss most of the second half and has put his availability for Sunday's game against the Cardinals in question. He was listed as "out" on the practice report, which reflects the 11-on-11 portion of the workout.

Jacobs said he could have practiced if he was needed. That he wasn't - the Giants have Derrick Ward and Ahmad Bradshaw backing him up - could factor into the decision on Sunday. The Giants could decide to give their bruising running back a few extra days to recover before a stretch of three straight division games.

But Tom Coughlin and Brandon Jacobs both said he would practice today.

"The last time I had this injury I couldn't walk the next day and I was out for three weeks," he said of an MCL sprain suffered against the Cowboys in last year's opener. "This year it's just a nagging thing that's been there, but I don't think it will hold me out."

He was limited in practice yesterday (almost all reports erroneously said he was out), and he's expected to practice today. If he is limited, probably will sit Sunday. If he has a full practice at full speed, let the speculation begin.

He did not participate in the team practice...he did the individual drills and apparently looked great.

I'm starting to think he is going to play Sunday. Just a hunch... :pointstosky:

he will probably wont play a whole game for the rest of the year!!! great for us down the home stretch :doublethumbsup:

he will probably wont play a whole game for the rest of the year!!! great for us down the home stretch :first:

He hasn't played a whole game all year through Week 11, so how would this be different?

By that I mean Bradshaw/Ward have 175 touches, while Brandon has 169. Yet he still produces like an RB1 - even though most of us drafted him as a RB2.

He hasn't played a whole game all year through Week 11, so how would this be different?

By that I mean Bradshaw/Ward have 175 touches, while Brandon has 169. Yet he still produces like an RB1 - even though most of us drafted him as a RB2.

No doubt! I'm loving him as my #2 behind Gore. :overhead: