Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Best Chinese food dish?

too many to pick one. i never get tired of asian/chinese.

beef chow fun

bbq pork fried rice

shrimp dumplings

chicken salad (not with mustard dressings)

peking duck

mu shu

Chinese food in the US > Chinese food in China

1a. Crispy Beef

1b. General Tso's Chicken (at a real Chinese restaurant w/ white meat chicken and not swimming in batter - not a mall food court)

Chicken with cashews is my thing, but sometimes you just can't beat some good wanton soup and an egg roll.

I like egg rolls, but I also like chow mein.

There is a place near us that makes a good Singapore Rice Noodle dish, but it's kinda spicy, lots of curry or something. So, I like it, but I can't eat too much of that spicy stuff.

Chinese is also not my favorite, so we don't eat it too often.

I love chinese food. I go to Hong Kong a few months ago looking forward to the food - eating authentic chinese.

Chinese food in America is 100X better than Chinese food in China. In China the meat qaulity sucks even in nicer resturants , everything is bland with little to no taste. I finally am able to order something that resembles what I get back home - spicy beef and it isn't spicy and you have to chew each piece of beef for 10 minutes - this is at a nice resturant.

I now realize I do not like Chinese food - what we eat here called chinese food - is NOT chinese food it's plain old American dressed up.

I barely ate dim sum for the first time like a month ago so i can't really say on that front. I was with other people and they ordered. Most of it was pretty good. I liked the stuffed bell peppers.

As far as regular dishes, its all about spice for me. Kung Pao or Mongolian beef are my go to dishes.

seriously though - how is all Chinese food we have in america really chinese food if they don't have it in China?

80 - 90% of things we think of as chinese food you can't find in China.

There's a kick asss Chinese place near my house. A lot of Chinese food is too greasy, but not Khan's Kitchen. They got this one dish called Strange Flavored Chicken...it doesn't sound too great, but it is excellent. Spicy, but not super spicy, has the ususal veggies in it..onion, peppers (green and red...love the red ones) water chesnuts and those baby corns. We usally go there for Father's Day. :banana:

water chesnuts and those baby corns.

These are a must, along with those baby snap peas thingys. Give me those with some fried rice and you can put whatever meat and sauce you want over it.