Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

McNabb is now 1-5 in championship games and SuperBowls

Beep. Beep. Here comes the FAILDOZER.

When do you pull the plug on this choker? He was awful in his passing attemps vs Arizona. To be charitable, you might say he was inconsistent with his passing. But that is what he does in big games. Actually, he does that in most games. Over and over and over again. How much longer do you put up with a QB that you know, KNOW FOR SURE, is incapable of winning a Super Bowl?

Well, on the bright side, the Eagles will probably keep McNabb and Reid around longer than they should. So the rest of the league can relax, and count out the Eagles of ever challenging for a title in the near future.

FACE.

Worse than the Buffalo Bills... :music_guitarred:

Poor mans Jim Kelly without the yellow jacket.

Poor mans Jim Kelly without the yellow jacket.

I think today's game ends any talk about McNabb in a yellow jacket. Dude missed a TON of plays!

Who do you think feels the pain more

Jim Kelly

Donavan McNaab

Gotta be Kelly. Not only was he making the Super Bowl, Buffalo was favored in some of those games. Those were just brutal years for Buffalo.

McNabb doesn't strike me as a guy who give a sh!t about Philadelphia or the Eagle fans. Might be a gut feeling, might be quotes of interviews he has done. Whatever.

I think today's game ends any talk about McNabb in a yellow jacket. Dude missed a TON of plays!

I think that drive Warner did, put the yellow jacket on him.

Its karma for that dumb Michael Jackson dance he does/ did. :music_guitarred:

What he needs to do is practice a Lights out Dance! :music_guitarred:

I think that drive Warner did, put the yellow jacket on him.

I was on the fence, but that last drive put him over the top.

On the other subject, McNabb played a good second half, bad first obviously. I think he is the QB next year too, and Philly fans will have to suffer through Reid/McNabb again.

I doubt it and not because I disagree with you. PC will be a factor in this. :unsure: :lol:

I was on the fence, but that last drive put him over the top.

On the other subject, McNabb played a good second half, bad first obviously. I think he is the QB next year too, and Philly fans will have to suffer through Reid/McNabb again.

I think they may make a change. I tell you, I would not be surpised if Todd Haley gets a head coaching job soon.

McNabb blew proverbial chunks in the first half and then padded his stats when the Cardinals changed up in the second half. Bottom line is another FAIL! for McNabb.

Philly fans will have to suffer through Reid/McNabb again.

Who can they get who is any better? :unsure:

No way they make the playoffs without Reid/McNabb this season, or next.

Yeah, they could sneak into the playoffs like they did this year. But there is no chance they can win a Super Bowl. So what is the point?

the answer to your question seems to be "anyone/someone out there". the reason being that it looks like a lot of owners see the "ease" with which new GMs and HCs have been plucked and are finding early success [ie miami, baltimore, atlanta, arizona]. the bucs clearly feel their team has quickly fallen to the back of the pack in their own division in a short few yet powerfu moves: saints---payton as HC, bush drafted, brees as FA; panthers---otah and deangelo; falcons---dimitroff as GM, mike smith as HC, ryan drafted.

there is a lot of loyalty between eagles ownership/mgmt and the coaching/quarterbacking. this postseason will be hard to ignore in the grand scheme of things when making tough decisions about the franchise's future will need to be made [ie look at the rationale and reality of the gb/favre or diego/tomlinson situations].

There were 28 teams who failed to accomplish what the Eagles did this year- get a spot in the final four. And now the Eagles join the 30 teams who failed to make the Super Bowl.

I love how people think the Eagles season is now a failure while their pathetic teams didn't even make the playoffs. That's classic! :unsure:

And, of course, if Philly had won today, but lost in the Super Bowl, the season would have still been a disappointment. 5 championship games in 8 years. That is excellence and that is consistency. Just because they have never been 'the best team', doesn't mean that there are 99% of the other franchises in this league who would give their left leg to get to Philly's level.

Keep that in mind while you're teams are competing for the better draft picks every year. Personally, I'd much rather 'fail' the way we're doing it.

HTH

Personally, I'd much rather 'fail' the way we're doing it.

Beep. Beep. Here comes the FAYLEDOZER.

Beep. Beep. Here comes the FAYLEDOZER.

Congrats again on the fourth overall pick. :thumbsup: Your quarterback was much smareter. He decided to choke all year instead of at the end. Brilliant!

Congrats again on the fourth overall pick. :thumbsup: Your quarterback was much smareter. He decided to choke all year instead of at the end. Brilliant!

Yeah, especially half the season Hasselbeck missed with an injury, and losing his top 7 WRs to injury. Other than that, you are right on.

FACE. FLAEDOZE.R

Yeah, especially half the season Hasselbeck missed with an injury, and losing his top 7 WRs to injury. Other than that, you are right on.

FACE. FLAEDOZE.R

OUCH!!!

Beep. Beep. Here comes the FAILDOZER.

When do you pull the plug on this choker? He was awful in his passing attemps vs Arizona. To be charitable, you might say he was inconsistent with his passing. But that is what he does in big games. Actually, he does that in most games. Over and over and over again. How much longer do you put up with a QB that you know, KNOW FOR SURE, is incapable of winning a Super Bowl?

Well, on the bright side, the Eagles will probably keep McNabb and Reid around longer than they should. So the rest of the league can relax, and count out the Eagles of ever challenging for a title in the near future.

FACE.

But Philly was a joke before McNabb and Reid. Pick your poison.

I'll a big enough of a man to admit that those two put together a number of years of contending football by the Eagles. But when do you finally turn the page. Hell, Tampa Bay and Denver made the plunge this year. When do you pull the plug?

I do appreciate what Reid has done for this franchise, but if he said he was leaving tomorrow, I wouldn't get in his way.

I do appreciate what Reid has done for this franchise, but if he said he was leaving tomorrow, I wouldn't get in his way.

Agreed. He might sit on you. :lol:

I'll a big enough of a man to admit that those two put together a number of years of contending football by the Eagles. But when do you finally turn the page. Hell, Tampa Bay and Denver made the plunge this year. When do you pull the plug?

I agree, and GB parted with Favre last year too.

Be careful what you wish for. Pull the plug? And go back to what the Eagles were before Reid?

Andy Reid deserves better for the stability he's brought to the franchise. This is the best stretch of football the Eagles have ever played since I've been alive.

I am pretty sure McNabb is done in Philly. Reid may or may not stick around without him, I think its pretty clear by the benching earlier in the year his close ties with him are not as tight as they once were. Reids decision will be if he wants to hang around and do it with a new QB and aging team or not. McNabb will be run out of town after another Conference loss by the fans.

McNabb did play like sh!t in the first half. He simply doesn't do well in pressure situations. Once the Cards had a comfortable lead and the game was no longer McNabb's to lose, he was suddenly able to make some decent throws. A quarterback who can't perform under pressure isn't much good.

THAT SAID, what the fvck was the Eagles' defensive game plan in the first half? They watched Fitzgerald KILL the Falcons and the Panthers in the last two weeks, YET Fitzgerald was facing single coverage for most of the first half! How in the hell could Philly have come into the game with that plan? In the second half, once Philly realized they needed to take Fitzgerald out of the game, they were able to do so through jamming him at the line and using double coverage. If Philly's idiot coaches had thought of that in the first place, maybe the Eagles wouldn't have been in as deep a hole at half-time.

Bottom line is, there is plenty of blame to go around.

As much as I can't stand Philly, this team/coaching/and McCrapster deserve a ton of credit. Why the fock would fans and management want to pull the plug on coach reid and mccrapster this year after what they have done? I agree with newbie here - - what franchise wouldn't/couldn't be happy with a final four? again, again, again, etc - - I could name 28 other teams that would be happy with this end result tonight.

As much as I can't stand Philly, this team/coaching/and McCrapster deserve a ton of credit. Why the fock would fans and management want to pull the plug on coach reid and mccrapster this year after what they have done? I agree with newbie here - - what franchise wouldn't/couldn't be happy with a final four? again, again, again, etc - - I could name 28 other teams that would be happy with this end result tonight.

The difference is this... when you are a team outside of the playoffs you'll sell your soul to get in. When you are there time and time again and don't win it all, its just as bad as never going. If he had won the SB, the question would be moot... but all the step-sister finishes do is confirm that they can't win it all with that mix of personnel. After all, they play to win it all... not to show up and place 3rd or 4th.

McNabb did play like sh!t in the first half. He simply doesn't do well in pressure situations. Once the Cards had a comfortable lead and the game was no longer McNabb's to lose, he was suddenly able to make some decent throws. A quarterback who can't perform under pressure isn't much good.

Let me get this straight.....

When Tampa Bay lost to Oakland in week 17, and the Dallas game was suddenly 'win and you're in', that wasn't a pressure situation?

When the Eagles had to play in the dome in Minnesota, that wasn't a pressure situation?

When the Eagles had to travel to the Meadowlands to play the defending champions (for teh second time in 5 weeks) with 30 mph wind gusts, that wasn't a pressure situation?

Also, when Philly was down 5 and hit Jackson in stride with a 62 yard bomb to complete the comeback, that wasn't a pressure situation? Otr how about teh 4th and 10 with the whole season on teh line? You knw teh play, the one where he hit Curtis on the shoulder pads, to complte his 375 yard, 3 Td game witha 97.4 passr rating. Yeah, he sure crumbled.

The Eagles defense played horrible for most of the game. Westbrook was largely ineffective for most of the game. Akers suddenly became a Grammatica. McNabb played fine. Not perfect, but fine. The Eagles'loss is also teh end of an amazing streak of good performances in pressure situations.

It's funny how people only consider the games you lost when assigning the 'big game' tag. Forget all the must-win games you just won. :rolleyes:

It's amazing how much non-Eagles fans LOVE to talk about the Eagles instead of their own crapass teams that were out of the playoffs weeks or months ago.

It's amazing how much non-Eagles fans LOVE to talk about the Eagles instead of their own crapass teams that were out of the playoffs weeks or months ago.

Eagles fans are the second biggest tools on earth only behind Dallas fans.

hth

There were 28 teams who failed to accomplish what the Eagles did this year- get a spot in the final four. And now the Eagles join the 30 teams who failed to make the Super Bowl.

I love how people think the Eagles season is now a failure while their pathetic teams didn't even make the playoffs. That's classic! :overhead:

And, of course, if Philly had won today, but lost in the Super Bowl, the season would have still been a disappointment. 5 championship games in 8 years. That is excellence and that is consistency. Just because they have never been 'the best team', doesn't mean that there are 99% of the other franchises in this league who would give their left leg to get to Philly's level.

Keep that in mind while you're teams are competing for the better draft picks every year. Personally, I'd much rather 'fail' the way we're doing it.

HTH

It don't mean a thing without that ring. Fair? no. True? yes. :P

NewbieJr

Keep that in mind while you're teams are competing for the better draft picks every year. Personally, I'd much rather 'flail' the way we're doing it.

HTH

I'm glad I'm a Steelers fan :P :overhead:

It don't mean a thing without that ring. Fair? no. True? yes. :P

As a fan I say no. The longer your season goes the better.