Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

McNabb is now 1-5 in championship games and SuperBowls

It don't mean a thing without that ring. Fair? no. True? yes. :thumbsdown:

No..not true. I agree with Newbie 100% on this.

There are three championships you can win in the NFL. Division Champs, Conference Champs, Super Bowl Champs.

Each one means more, but if you don't win the NFL title, it doesn't mean that the division title means nothing. That's ridiculous. I realize that the Eagles didn't win the division title either, but they won two playoff games on the road. That's solid.

In the end, every championship matters...starting with the division championship. Sure, you strive for more and are disappointed when you fall short of the ultimate prize, but that doesn't mean that your division title was meaningless. Far from it.

There are three championships you can win in the NFL. Division Champs, Conference Champs, Super Bowl Champs.

Each one means more, but if you don't win the NFL title, it doesn't mean that the division title means nothing. That's ridiculous. I realize that the Eagles didn't win the division title either, but they won two playoff games on the road. That's solid.

In the end, every championship matters...starting with the division championship. Sure, you strive for more and are disappointed when you fall short of the ultimate prize, but that doesn't mean that your division title was meaningless. Far from it.

I agree with your intention here but the Eagles didn't win any title so it's a moot point.

I like McNabb. Always felt he was mistreated by the Philly fans right from draft day. But he has built this reputation of being unable to win the big game. He had a nice second half but missed some big opportunities in the first half. That was a legit question goint into the game: Would McNabb choke?

There were 28 teams who failed to accomplish what the Eagles did this year- get a spot in the final four. And now the Eagles join the 30 teams who failed to make the Super Bowl.

I love how people think the Eagles season is now a failure while their pathetic teams didn't even make the playoffs. That's classic! :thumbsup:

And, of course, if Philly had won today, but lost in the Super Bowl, the season would have still been a disappointment. 5 championship games in 8 years. That is excellence and that is consistency. Just because they have never been 'the best team', doesn't mean that there are 99% of the other franchises in this league who would give their left leg to get to Philly's level.

Keep that in mind while you're teams are competing for the better draft picks every year. Personally, I'd much rather 'fail' the way we're doing it.

HTH

Congrats. You are now a notch below the Buffalo Bills in all time playoff futility. In five years Andy Reid and McNabb will be a Trivial Pursuit question that no contestant will be able to answer:

Player 1: I'll take sports for a blue pie!

Question: Which QB/Coach tandem led the Philadelphia Eagles to 5 championship games in 8 years?

Player 1: :headbanger: :wall: :doh: ###### Vermiel and Randall Cunningham?? :lol:

Let me start by stating I agree with you 100%; however, winning a division only means something to NEWBIE and others if they are talking about their teams. If I bring up the Seahawks division dominance over the past few years some how the division champ thing all of a sudden becomes unimportant.. :thumbsup:

but not as bad as the Seahawks.

:overhead:

Not a even a Detroit Lions reference can make those SB losses taste better. Has Thurman Thomas found his helmet yet? :wave:

Has Thurman Thomas found his helmet yet? :wave:

Yep, he saw them place it in the hall of fame. :overhead:

Fumbleweed

QUOTE(kutulu @ Jan 19 2009, 08:22 AM)

It don't mean a thing without that ring. Fair? no. True? yes.

I think alot depends on the team. Most people tend to forget the smaller victories, If their team is consistently in a winning mode,making playoffs,SB's(as the Steelers/Pats), Those fans won't settle for anything less than SB victory.

On the otherhand, If you team has been the league doormat for yrs,(as the Cards), making the playoffs,(division champs) is a small miracle, great accomplishment and will be remembered for a while, The fanbase isn't used to it and probably think it's a fluke and might not happen again for some time.

As an Iggles fan(or Billls fan during the Kelly era),getting there on a consistent basis(even just the playoffs), would start getting very old to many fans and frustrate them. I'd hate to be a fan of a middle of the road team.

There were 28 teams who failed to accomplish what the Eagles did this year- get a spot in the final four. And now the Eagles join the 30 teams who failed to make the Super Bowl.

I love how people think the Eagles season is now a failure while their pathetic teams didn't even make the playoffs. That's classic! :overhead:

And, of course, if Philly had won today, but lost in the Super Bowl, the season would have still been a disappointment. 5 championship games in 8 years. That is excellence and that is consistency. Just because they have never been 'the best team', doesn't mean that there are 99% of the other franchises in this league who would give their left leg to get to Philly's level.

Keep that in mind while you're teams are competing for the better draft picks every year. Personally, I'd much rather 'fail' the way we're doing it.

HTH

That sounds like the perspective of a team that hasn't won sh-t.

44-6

Oh of course, congrats. Uggles made 6 NFC title games in the last 44 years. :rolleyes:

There's gotta be a Tshirt out there to represent with. Ahh here's one RINK :music_guitarred:

Oh of course, congrats. Uggles made 6 NFC title games in the last 44 years. :rolleyes:

There's gotta be a Tshirt out there to represent with. Ahh here's one RINK :music_guitarred:

Well, some people feel proud that their team used to be great a long, long time ago and haven't won a playoff game in 14 years. Others are happy that their team is consistant and challenges for the title year after year and has been in the championship 5 out of the last 8 years and don't have to think back to a bunch of long-retired players to think they've accomplished something.

In the end, I'm sure most Eagles fans wish they could win a Super Bowl and most Cowboy fans wish their franchise wasn't currently one of the biggest jokes in the NFL.

44-6.

Well, some people feel proud that their team used to be great a long, long time ago and haven't won a playoff game in 14 years. Others are happy that their team is consistant and challenges for the title year after year and has been in the championship 5 out of the last 8 years and don't have to think back to a bunch of long-retired players to think they've accomplished something.

In the end, I'm sure most Eagles fans wish they could win a Super Bowl and most Cowboy fans wish their franchise wasn't currently one of the biggest jokes in the NFL.

44-6.

Um, Newbie, I'm the last person who would normally come to the Cowboys defense, but, um, I think the important number here is 5. As in, the Cowboys, much as hate to admit it, have five superbowl victories. Um, the Iggles, :lol: If you're gonna get into a "what have you done for me lately" style argument, make sure you've done something in, um, like ever.

Um, Newbie, I'm the last person who would normally come to the Cowboys defense, but, um, I think the important number here is 5. As in, the Cowboys, much as hate to admit it, have five superbowl victories. Um, the Iggles, :lol: If you're gonna get into a "what have you done for me lately" style argument, make sure you've done something in, um, like ever.

Sorry, but I'm more of a present-tense kinda guy. While Dallas had some very impressive teams back-in-the-day, their lacl of playoff wins in 14 years, with the ridiculous amount of atlent they've had, is downright laughable. Would I have been proud as a peacock to be a Cowboys fan in the mid-90's? Sure. But I'd be burying my face in the sand if they were my team now. At the very least, I wouldn't be talking shoit about a team that actually still enjoys a bit of success.

That is all.

Oh, and 44-6.

It's amazing how much non-Eagles fans LOVE to talk about the Eagles instead of their own crapass teams that were out of the playoffs weeks or months ago.

eagles fans deserve any crap they get.

eagles fans deserve any crap they get.

Eagles 2008- Eliminated in the NFC Championship game.

Cowboys 2008- Failed to make playoffs because of a 44-6 ass-whooping by the Philadelphia Eagles.

'nuff said.

Cowboys 2008- Failed to make playoffs because of a 44-6 ass-whooping by the Philadelphia Eagles.

'nuff said.

Only 1 winner and 31 losers. After you win a super bowl(yea right, I crack me up) you'll realize that.

8-8, 6-10, 10-6, 12-4, 7-9, etc, it's all the same if you don't win it all. (cept for draft position of course)

Only 1 winner and 31 losers. After you win a super bowl(yea right, I crack me up) you'll realize that.

8-8, 6-10, 10-6, 12-4, 7-9, etc, it's all the same if you don't win it all. (cept for draft position of course)

But that win only lasts one year, not decades. It is better to be in the playoff that out of them.

Yup. Keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you sleep at night. :thumbsup:

He's apparently never been to an eagles game.

I went to three Eagles games this year. Two of those times I went with at least one friend wearing an opponents jersey. I didn't have or see any problems at all, even at the Pitt game that had Steelers jerseys all over teh place.

How many Eagles games did you go to this year? Even though you seem to know so much I'm going to guess zero.

'nuff said.

It's funny how many of the same people who criticized you for ranking the Eagles too high in your power rankings are the same people saying the Eagles choked because they didn't make it to the Superbowl.

It's funny how many of the same people who criticized you for ranking the Eagles too high in your power rankings are the same people saying the Eagles choked because they didn't make it to the Superbowl.

I think he has Arizona ranked #12. So the Eagles were too high, and they choked.

I think he has Arizona ranked #12. So the Eagles were too high, and they choked.

Why would that make the Eagles too high?

loser (plural losers)

A person who fails to win.

Someone who loses in a specified manner.

Someone with bad luck or poor skills who consistently loses.

Something of poor quality.

From Wikipedia

Maybe this will help. :doublethumbsup:

You noticed that, too, huh?

The other funny thing is that I never had the Eagles ranked higher than fourth. They finished 3rd or 4th.

Entire website PWNED! :doublethumbsup:

Newbie you were incorrect in one of your statements. You said the Cowboys were one of the biggest jokes in the NFL. They are the biggest joke in the NFL. Although the Raiders try to obtain the title, Jerry Jones will not let that happen. If the Cowboys can't win it all, Jones will make certain that they are the biggest joke there is.

I went to three Eagles games this year. Two of those times I went with at least one friend wearing an opponents jersey. I didn't have or see any problems at all, even at the Pitt game that had Steelers jerseys all over teh place.

How many Eagles games did you go to this year? Even though you seem to know so much I'm going to guess zero.

I've got Redskins season tickets so I've see them pretty much every year. I'm pretty sure I can stand by my statements that there's no worse type of fan than Eagle fan. :music_guitarred:

You noticed that, too, huh?

The other funny thing is that I never had the Eagles ranked higher than fourth. They finished 3rd or 4th.

Entire website PWNED! :thumbsup:

Kind of like how Newbie had the Patriots ranked four or five going into the playoffs last year and mentioned many times how average they looked and had barely beaten some mediocre teams. But then when they lost the Superbowl he insisted it was the biggest choke ever because they were the Greatest Team Ever.

Kind of like how Newbie had the Patriots ranked four or five going into the playoffs last year and mentioned many times how average they looked and had barely beaten some mediocre teams. But then when they lost the Superbowl he insisted it was the biggest choke ever because they were the Greatest Team Ever.

Good times. Good times. Still my favorite NFL season ever. Wow.

Good times. Good times. Still my favorite NFL season ever. Wow.

Makes sense, you being a Phailly fan and all. :)

loser (plural losers)

A person who fails to win.

Someone who loses in a specified manner.

Someone with bad luck or poor skills who consistently loses.

Something of poor quality.

From Wikipedia

Maybe this will help. :dunno:

Painting a self portrait with words I see... :unsure:

I was on the fence, but that last drive put him over the top.

On the other subject, McNabb played a good second half, bad first obviously. I think he is the QB next year too, and Philly fans will have to suffer through Reid/McNabb again.

Ask Lion fans what "suffer" really means.

The idiots are out in this thread I see (philly bear; fla-hagger etc). Really funny seeing sehag fans talk about any other franchise when their loser city has not won anything ever. Also, everyone said Peyton Manning will never win anything .... until he won it. My point: there is a reason you losers are on a message bored and not making decisions for a NFL team.