Sign in to follow this  
Odie

Cowboys Release T.O.!

and he'd be a model citizen...raising money for the jimmy fund..saving drowning babies...meh...

if brady gets hurt...favre will the first one calling the pats office

has he been arrested before? :wave: why do peeps forgive criminals or roid use yet hate someone for having a big mouth?

:dunno:

40 million more hours of this story upcoming on ESPN

ESTO? no thanks...Im avoiding that channel for the next week.....

so much for having 25 million reasons to live...hide his pills :wave:

and he'd be a model citizen...raising money for the jimmy fund..saving drowning babies...meh...

if brady gets hurt...favre will the first one calling the pats office

I wouldn't mind seeing Favre run that offense either.

If the Pats signed T.O., they wouldn't have any problems with him as long as they were winning... and it's hard to imagine they won't be.

I'd be more concerned with how Moss and T.O. interacted with each other. But anyway, it's not likely to happen.

has he been arrested before? :wave: why do peeps forgive criminals or roid use yet hate someone for having a big mouth?

You won't hear me bust on the guy. He entertains me - both on the field and off. I know he's gotta be a little crazy or something, but I don't care. He's one of the few athletes I'd pay money to see just because he was playing in the game. He's been an amazing receiver his entire career.

If he needs his ego stroked to keep him happy, so be it. At least I know that guy isn't quitting on me and that he's ready to go at all times during the game. And oh yea, he just might be one of the best receivers to ever play.

Does anyone else think Tennessee makes sense as a landing spot for TO?

1. Loads of cap room

2. A veteran QB who could stand up to him (but one with his own checked past, with which Owens could relate)

3. A definite need for talent at the wide out position

4. A winning program (and if TO ain't winnin', TO ain't happy...)

5. He went to college in Chattanooga

The real question is whether Fisher would want him on his squad.

How will this effect Roy Willams?

Or do they have a plan to get Boldin?

This is great for Roy Williams. Between Barber and Witten there were not enough balls to go around for Owens and Williams. Now Williams is one of trio of priamary weapons. Trading for Boldin would probably not be worth the trade compensation or the cap space when they have a potent offense as it is.

Those of us that care about sports have good reasons to be sick of a guy that tears apart and burns bridges with one team after another.

And half the stuff Owens puts in his body isn't even food. It may or may not all be legal, but it's a fine line between him and a roid user.

:wacko:

GettnHuge, the resident T.O. apologist by day, grammar police by night. Give him a hand, ladies and gentlemen.

It does, but that doesn't always mean the team will show interest. And it's hard to say if Fisher would invite T.O. into his locker room like you said.

Owens probably could have a big all around impact on that offense though. His presence alone would only help the impressive ground game they already have established. And it goes without saying he'd help their air attack.

And half the stuff Owens puts in his body isn't even food. It may or may not all be legal, but it's a fine line between him and a roid user.

Please, don't even try insinuating Owens is a steroid user. The guy just knows how to take care of his body. He's eats right and excercises. He's not on any 'roids.

Those of us that care about sports have good reasons to be sick of a guy that tears apart and burns bridges with one team after another.

GettnHuge, the resident T.O. apologist by day, grammar police by night. Give him a hand, ladies and gentlemen.

way to avoid the subject. Aren't you the one who started the thread titled "Larry Legend" in worship of Fitzgerald?

You know, the guy with the restraining order from punching his woman? So you believe having a big mouth is worse

than beating a woman? apparently so.

way to avoid the subject. Aren't you the one who started the thread titled "Larry Legend" in worship of Fitzgerald?

You know, the guy with the restraining order from punching his woman? So you believe having a big mouth is worse

than beating a woman? apparently so.

I'm more willing to overlook an issue when:

-Most importantly, the guy hasn't done it again and again and again without learning from his mistakes.

-The guy doesn't seem to be an egomaniac or a jerk in general.

-I don't really know the details of the case (the Fitz thing).

-The guy doesn't make a habit of turning NFL TV shows, which could be about highlights and film breakdown and whatnot, which I like, into a soap opera, which I hate. (This is the selfish part where it affects my life.)

Quit defending this clown Owens. It's absolutely stupid to try to try to justify the incredible amounts of bullshit that he puts his teammates and NFL fans through, on the sideline, in the locker room, and in front of the camera, by simply arguing that he hasn't gotten into any legal trouble. I know a lot of people who have never gotten into legal trouble that are still grade A pieces of shit. I could probably put you in that category except that I don't know if you've managed to stay out of jail.

Forget Lewis vs TO

What about Moss vs TO on the sideline :wave:

How about 2 mini Moss' and a one legged TO .... armed with chains and knives?

-I don't really know the details of the case (the Fitz thing).

-The guy doesn't make a habit of turning NFL TV shows, which could be about highlights and film breakdown and whatnot, which I like, into a soap opera, which I hate. (This is the selfish part where it affects my life.)

-You should if he's your favourite player

-TO isn't the producer of those shows, he isn't calling ESPN demanding tv time. TO will be the subject for the rest of

this week and all he did was get cut. He didn't do anything. They put him on because people watch and they know it.

Quit defending this clown Owens. It's absolutely stupid to try to try to justify the incredible amounts of bullshit that he puts his teammates and NFL fans through, on the sideline, in the locker room, and in front of the camera, by simply arguing that he hasn't gotten into any legal trouble. I know a lot of people who have never gotten into legal trouble that are still grade A pieces of shit. I could probably put you in that category except that I don't know if you've managed to stay out of jail.

And this is why I don't foresee Fisher allowing him to come to Tennessee....under any circumstance.

Is it possible the Jets go after him and Favre "un-retires"....again?

Ahhh, how beautiful! Another asswhole being unceramoniously dumped the second his skills start to fade. A lot like Barry Bonds. :doh:

These dooshbags find out quickly that their 'act' that everyone tolerated when they were among the elite in the league, is no longer wanted when they become average players.

Don't let the door hit you, TO. Maybe you can look up Barry Bonds and hang out together. :lol: You can both cry that your leagues have colluded against you. Bwahahahahah.

If I signed with the Pats I don't think I could take the year long stories of him & Moss, being if they were getting along or hating each other, or pending his attitude bad or good, how Belichick handled him. Then they'd bring up Dillon and Moss.

It would be non-stop. Plus the Pats would be in prime time almost every week because the networks think people care about T.O. like we're all dying to see if he does something controversial. ESPN is probably drooling already in just hopes of something like that happening.

Pats do need someone to play on the other side of Moss though. I'd rather they go after Marvin Harrison. I think Harrison would fit in nicely with Moss and Welker.

he honestly needs to go to a team like the ravens..he WONT speak up with ray lewis on the sideline...

Why? Because Ray Lewis might pull out his Glock .40 and shoot him like he has done to others that have crossed him?

wups, my mistake, here's the legendary larry fitz link

at least he's not a bigmouth :nono:

You gotta rememeber though, beating a woman or child is okay. That can be overlooked. But playing for Dallas AND having a big mouth? TO THE GALLOWS...!

What a surprise to hear this. Now I have to decide if Romo is my keeper this year or if this knocks his stats down some.

I am curious to see what team picks him up, I think it should make that QB just a bit better, but depending on the QB, might make him better or worse.

I think Owens to the Colts would be awesome, but I don't think we would want him in the locker room.

Jason Witten will be a FF God this year. :nono:

If I signed with the Pats I don't think I could take the year long stories of him & Moss, being if they were getting along or hating each other, or pending his attitude bad or good, how Belichick handled him. Then they'd bring up Dillon and Moss.

It would be non-stop. Plus the Pats would be in prime time almost every week because the networks think people care about T.O. like we're all dying to see if he does something controversial. ESPN is probably drooling already in just hopes of something like that happening.

Pats do need someone to play on the other side of Moss though. I'd rather they go after Marvin Harrison. I think Harrison would fit in nicely with Moss and Welker.

Maybe Torry Holt, if the Rams do release him ?

Ahhh, how beautiful! Another asswhole being unceramoniously dumped the second his skills start to fade. A lot like Barry Bonds. :nono:

These dooshbags find out quickly that their 'act' that everyone tolerated when they were among the elite in the league, is no longer wanted when they become average players.

Don't let the door hit you, TO. Maybe you can look up Barry Bonds and hang out together. :pointstosky: You can both cry that your leagues have colluded against you. Bwahahahahah.

Do you always make wild correlations between sports that have nothing to do with one another?

it's hard to say if Fisher would invite T.O. into his locker room like you said.

Especially since his prized QB of the future is a head case prima bona. Why the hell would he want another high profile prima doma head case?

Boy but it would be fun to watch the TO and VY drama. After VY over throws or under throws TO for the 8th straight time, TO screams at him on the sideline and VY runs into the locker room crying. When they come out to start the 3rd quarter VY actually throws an accurate pass into the end zone and TO drops it. Fischer has an aneurism and Bud Adams, just like every season he has been in the NFL, doesn't win the super bowl. :nono:

1. Loads of cap room

2. A veteran QB who could stand up to him (but one with his own checked past, with which Owens could relate)

3. A definite need for talent at the wide out position

4. A winning program (and if TO ain't winnin', TO ain't happy...)

5. He went to college in Chattanooga

The real question is whether Fisher would want him on his squad.

This is the first team I thought of. It's the one area where they've never had much talent. Good analysis.

Short list for me: TN & SD. Both teams are desperate to make it deep into the playoffs, both have a need at the position, both are poised to make a run.*

and of course, there's ALWAYS OAK.

*Personally, I think Collins returns to form this year - his old form. I sent him a case of scotch to congratulate him on his success.

What trips me out about T.O. is how polarizing he is. People either absolutely hate the guy, while others like to watch the show and respect his talents. The media has a complete hard-on for him. Whether good or bad. GettenHuge is correct. ESPN will talk about this release, what all teams are interested, Ed Werder will come out with a "behind the scenes" story of how it all went down and what T.O. had for dinner last night. It is borderline hilarious.

But if you strip this down, the main reason he is being released and a lot of teams will not pick him up is because he is 35 years old and his prime is in the rearveiw mirror. He still has a some left in the tank as he is always in great shape/condidtion, but alot of teams would rather go younger in a risk/reward scenario. Somebody will sign him though and I hope it works out. Or not. Either way it is good televison. :overhead:

My take on the guy is this. He was real focking good. He stayed in peak physical shape, and came to play every single game. Can't say that about alot of guys. He played on that not healed broke foot for the Eagles in the Superbowl. The guy competes hard and he is good at what he does.

His downside derives simply that he is a sore loser. He doesn't take failure very well and that spills over to finger pointing and pouting. Said finger pointing has a tendency to drive a wedge between him and a few teammates (QB's). That is his achilles heel.

Other than that I like the guy. He doesn't get into trouble (legal). He plays his butt off. And he was/is real focking good.

Is JJ admitting he was ruining his team?

Bye Bye TO, Pacman and Tank. These cuts can only help this team.

This is the first team I thought of. It's the one area where they've never had much talent. Good analysis.

Short list for me: TN & SD. Both teams are desperate to make it deep into the playoffs, both have a need at the position, both are poised to make a run.*

*Personally, I think Collins returns to form this year - his old form. I sent him a case of scotch to congratulate him on his success.

Tenn makes most sense, because of the coach, h takes no B.S. - How bout Jax? They could use a wideout, plus they could maybe fill the seats, get some PR.

I don't see SD at all, seems like the same situation you'd have in Dallas. Rivers looks for Gates. Plus, I see Norv and Wade Phillips as the same type of coach.

San Diego would be an intriguing option. As a Phillip Rivers owner, I fully support the idea. Not sure how I'd feel if I were a Charger fan.

handicapping this...i see it as:

1. Washington

2. Tampa

3. Oakland

I am honestly not sure that TO is worth the effort anymore. He clearly isn't the gamebreaker that he used to be. I don't care how in shape he is and how well he takes care of his body, he's still an old WR at this point and a poor teammate when things aren't going well.

Is JJ admitting he was ruining his team?

Bye Bye TO, Pacman and Tank. These cuts can only help this team.

could they be called the tri-infecta?

has he been arrested before? :doublethumbsup: why do peeps forgive criminals or roid use yet hate someone for having a big mouth?

:)

People are just annoyed with him. He is an annoying guy. I don't think many see him as a bad guy. He is just a sucky teamate and his act got old years ago.

If he would have just shut up and played he would have many many fans for his on teh field effort and ability.

I'll like a guy more that has broke the law once and learned from it rather than TO, who is just an annoying WR that drops balls, yet always wants the ball.

You gotta rememeber though, beating a woman or child is okay. That can be overlooked. But playing for Dallas AND having a big mouth? TO THE GALLOWS...!

You're way, off, buddy. Beating a woman is definitely not ok. Beating a child is definitely not ok and that is a reckless straw man argument on your part, it's got nothing to do with anything. I don't condone what Fitz allegedly did. There's no defending it. If people don't want to overlook that one incident, I don't have a problem with that. And it's got absolutely nothing to do with football, let alone does it have anything to do with TO.

The thing is, with Owens, you're completely full of crap to classify his wrongdoing as simply "playing for Dallas and having a big mouth." That is as inaccurate of a description of why Owens is a piece of shit as you could possibly come up with. I've got no problem with Dallas, and I was down on Owens long before he was a Cowboy. I don't like that he has a big mouth but that's not even a big deal, there are a ton of guys in the league that have a big mouth but that doesn't put them in Owens category.

What Owens has done is figuratively taken a shit on not one, not two, but all three NFL teams he has played for. Have you ever played an organized sport? Put your heart and soul into the team? Counted on your teammates and bonded together? There's no defending how this guy after how bad of a teammate he has been three times in the NFL. He had earned a bad enough rap in San Francisco He then chose his new teams because he said he wanted to play with a better QB. People said Andy Reid or Bill Parcells would be able to control him. But he took a shit on Reid and McNabb and Parcells and Romo too. He was a complete douchebag in college too. It's nonsensical and gutless to defend this guy by comparing him to guys who have broken the law. Sure, if you're going to rank players by what is the single-worst thing they have ever done in their life, then Owens does not register at the top of that list. It's a totally different category. Hell, if you're going to make nonsensical comparisons to bad guys, why don't you go all the way and just compare him favorably to Hitler, boy, that TO is an awesome guy, he didn't start a Holocaust or anything! Boy, I never realized what a great guy TO was until I compared him to Hitler. Now I realize the folly of my ways, Owens has never done anything to deserve criticism. I sure would love to have him on my team. :thumbsdown: Come on.

To blame the media for the coverage on Owens is misguided as well. Everyone knows how the media operates. Players, for the most part, choose to put themselves in that spotlight or not. Owens knows what the media goes for and he seeks it out. How many other guys hold press conferences at their house for publicity? How many other guys spread rumors that their former teammate is gay? What's the worst about it is that not only does he run his mouth and seek out the camera and entice the media to lavish him with the attention he craves, he also does so in such a way as to tear down his team.

Any one thing he did is not so bad by itself. But when you add it all up, and you consider his refusal to learn for his mistakes and his consistent lack of regard for his teammates or really anyone other than himself, he's in a category all by himself. You suggested that what Owens has done should be overlooked. How can you overlook Owens' behavior when he does it again and again and again?