Sign in to follow this  
ivan852

where does Tomlinson go?

if he doesn't accept, where do you think he goes?

The Chargers have reportedly made LaDainian Tomlinson a "final offer" in negotiations to restructure his contract.

The Chargers have put him in a position where he can either accept the offer or play elsewhere in 2009. Beat writer Kevin Acee said that "every indication I had gotten privately from those who know Tomlinson was that he was gone." The decision is now in LT's hands.

Seattle? Saints? new england? Buff?

I don't think denver has enough running backs...

Great fits for big role:

Browns, Bengals, Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, Seahawks

Other possibilities:

Cardinals, Lions, Texans, Colts, saints, 49ers, Bucs, Jaguars, Pats (heck, they like collecting both vets and RBs)

I foresee either staying in sD or ending up in OH or PA

Great fits for big role:

Other possibilities:

Cardinals, Lions, Texans, Colts, saints, 49ers, Bucs, Jaguars, Pats (heck, they like collecting both vets and RBs)

I love LT but we have Frank Gore and I'm comfortable with the 49ers starting Gore as I don't believe LT would be that much of an upgrade at this point. The 49ers have other needs than RB.

Great fits for big role:

Other possibilities:

No way he goes to NE. He hates that organization. Don't you remember the playoffs a few years ago????

I say Indy. Just so he can beat the Pats.

No way he goes to NE. He hates that organization. Don't you remember the playoffs a few years ago????

Indy doesn't a lot of cap room to sign LT and besides, they have other problems than RB.

Well, I'm sure a contract and the thought of getting a ring before he retires might change his mind. I'm a Pats fan and would love to see him there, I'm not sold on Taylor or anyone else we have.

Don't see the Chiefs going for him or the Broncos, I still think Seattle.

Great fits for big role:

Other possibilities:

It would be pretty amazing to see a backfield of LT and Westy, but I'd hope they attack their need for a RB in the Draft.

Indy doesn't a lot of cap room to sign LT and besides, they have other problems than RB.

I think they plan on addressing a lot of their problems in the draft, which would include NT, LB's and WR's. But, I will tell you this, they are thin at RB now, Rhoades is a FA and has not been resigned. And I do believe LT would love to play for the Colts. Can they afford him? Maybe, depending on what cap room they have. I can't seem to find a current place that has the correct cap. I have seen many websites and none that show how much they really have. If you have one, I would love to see it.

But LT and Addai, what a combo! And Manning could throw to LT all day long.

without thinking too much into cap room and if hed WANT to play there

Seattle, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Indy, Arizona, Detroit :dunno: , Cleveland, Cincy

all seem to be teams without star/feature backs.

I think they plan on addressing a lot of their problems in the draft, which would include NT, LB's and WR's. But, I will tell you this, they are thin at RB now, Rhoades is a FA and has not been resigned. And I do believe LT would love to play for the Colts. Can they afford him? Maybe, depending on what cap room they have. I can't seem to find a current place that has the correct cap. I have seen many websites and none that show how much they really have. If you have one, I would love to see it.

But LT and Addai, what a combo! And Manning could throw to LT all day long.

I agree that the Indy depth at RB is not looking promising at this point. Rhodes is a FA and Hart is coming off a big injury so they could use some help their but would LT be ok with coming in for less if he's available? I know the Colts cut Harrison to basically re-sign Hayden. I'd be surprised if they have more than 7 million under the cap.

without thinking too much into cap room and if hed WANT to play there

Seattle, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Indy, Arizona, Detroit ;) , Cleveland, Cincy

all seem to be teams without star/feature backs.

Green Bay just signed Ryan Grant to an extension last year so why would they sign LT? Yeah, Grant didn't have a great year but was not all his fault.

I will just be honest here fellows. I don't think it really matters because LT is done....and SD knows it. I have long been an LT fan, and won a championship and lost another on his back. However, I watched him very closely this year and he has lost a step......or two. He has also lost a lot of toughness. LT used to be a raging bull to get into/stay in the game, but now he waves his hand and takes himself out of games every few plays. He will no longer play in HUGE games if he has a scratch or sore muscle. Perhaps all of these things he does are because he is unhappy in SD.........but I think not. He will be to another team what S. Alexander was to the Redskins. Another fantasy great on the downhill slide.

I will just be honest here fellows. I don't think it really matters because LT is done....and SD knows it. I have long been an LT fan, and won a championship and lost another on his back. However, I watched him very closely this year and he has lost a step......or two. He has also lost a lot of toughness. LT used to be a raging bull to get into/stay in the game, but now he waves his hand and takes himself out of games every few plays. He will no longer play in HUGE games if he has a scratch or sore muscle. Perhaps all of these things he does are because he is unhappy in SD.........but I think not. He will be to another team what S. Alexander was to the Redskins. Another fantasy great on the downhill slide.

16 games, 1110 yards, 3.8 YPC, 11 TD's..... along with 52 catches for 428 yards and another score.

while dealing with turf toe much of the year.

Sure his days of setting records are over but how do you figure he is Alexander?

Dude he had a really bad case of turf toe all last year... Cut the dude some slack already... Wait to see what the LT of 2009 looks like before you call his career all but over... GEEZ... MB

16 games, 1110 yards, 3.8 YPC, 11 TD's..... along with 52 catches for 428 yards and another score.

while dealing with turf toe much of the year.

Sure his days of setting records are over but how do you figure he is Alexander?

This is how I figure: (BTW-Just an Opinion)

Alexander-2005, 1880 yds, 5.1 ypc, 27 td

2006, 896 yds, 3.6 ypc, 7 td

2007, 716 yds, 3.5 ypc, 4 td

2008, 24 yds, 2.2 ypc, 0 td

Tomlinson-2006, 1815 yds, 5.2 ypc, 28 td

2007, 1474 yds, 4.7 ypc, 15 td

2008, 1110 yds, 3.8 ypc, 11 td

The #'s don't lie. Sure, his decline/demise is not as pronounced as SA, but the correlation remains. I expect him to struggle for the next couple of years with declining stats, and be warming a bench somewhere in 3 years.

The #'s don't lie. Sure, his decline/demise is not as pronounced as SA, but the correlation remains. I expect him to struggle for the next couple of years with declining stats, and be warming a bench somewhere in 3 years.

yeah, pretty much the #'s don't lie. Look at the dropoff from each players career year.

Alexander - 1000 less yards, 1.5 less yps, 20 less td's

Tomlinson - 350 less yards, .5 less ypc, 13 less td's

to me thats not even close. Tomlinson's decline is much more consistant with a player returning to his normal numbers from an abnormally amazing season.

Alexander never cracked 1k yards or double digit TD's again... Tomlinson hasn't failed to...

so im sorry to say I really don't see the correlation.

But like I said i don't think LT will ever be the 1800 yard 20+ TD guy again. I don't think anyone expects him to be. However I wouldn't compare him to Alexander and I do think he has 2-3 good years left in him.

I guess we will find out

yeah, pretty much the #'s don't lie. Look at the dropoff from each players career year.

Alexander - 1000 less yards, 1.5 less yps, 20 less td's

Tomlinson - 350 less yards, .5 less ypc, 13 less td's

to me thats not even close. Tomlinson's decline is much more consistant with a player returning to his normal numbers from an abnormally amazing season.

Alexander never cracked 1k yards or double digit TD's again... Tomlinson hasn't failed to...

so im sorry to say I really don't see the correlation.

But like I said i don't think LT will ever be the 1800 yard 20+ TD guy again. I don't think anyone expects him to be. However I wouldn't compare him to Alexander and I do think he has 2-3 good years left in him.

I guess we will find out

I am very curious to see how LT responds to his off year of 2008. If he declines rapidly this year, then you can compare him to Alexander but I wouldn't at this point.

some reports [?] quoted drew brees alluding to tomlinson becoming available and joining the saints. :first:

would allow a nice mix of carries for tomlinson, thomas, and bush.

wow, both pieces of the chargers backfield over a 4yr span.

Dude he had a really bad case of turf toe all last year... Cut the dude some slack already... Wait to see what the LT of 2009 looks like before you call his career all but over... GEEZ... MB

I don't think LT is done necessarily, but turf toe end the career of Jack Lambert. Hopefully LT can overcome it.

today per Rotoworld:

In a radio interview with XX 1090 AM, Drew Brees admitted to conversing with former teammate LaDainian Tomlinson about the possibility of LT joining the Saints if the opportunity arises.

"For me, I’m just waiting for the opportunity if he is available to come and snatch him," Brees said. Asked if he told LT that he wanted him as a teammate, Brees replied, "I think that’s pretty obvious, don’t you think?" The National Football Post reported last week that the Saints would have a "high level of interest" if LT becomes available.

If you were to drop E. Smith into this evaluation, you would see that LT has done better than him as well. Turf toe included. So LT has done better than both Alexander and E. Smith in the two years following their best statistical year.

Not trying to spark a "who's better debate" (Emmit or LT). Just trying to point out that LT is not done and that his statistical performance after his best year is not out of the ordinary- in fact it is much better than ordinary. And that is with turf toe, imagine what he would have done if he was 100% healthy.

I don't think LT is done- he's got 2-3 good years left in him.

Off the top of my head - without knowing cap situations

Arizona

Browns

Chiefs ( bye bye LJ )

Ravens

LT to Saints would be awesome. Would totally solidify our backfield. Go SAINTS!!

I think he seen his better days and the end of a great career is near. I think he has one good fantasy season left in him. Good not great.

I was a Faulk owner living in the past that could not see the writing on the wall till it was to late.

A San Diego beat writer is reporting today the the two sides have made strides, and that it looks like LT is going to stay a charger.

I think rotoworld has a link.

I don't know the cap implications, but if the Cards could drop Edge and get LT for reasonable money/incentives, holy crap that offense would be unstoppable.

LT should sign with the Vikes.

Then the Vikes should sign Mike Vick.

Then the Vikes should trade Chester + a 2nd/3rd rounder to AZ for Boldin since he does not want to go back.

Then the Vikes should run the wish bone with AD, MV, and LT2 and either MV or LT can pass to Boldin and Berrian.

Superbowl home boy.

Then the Vikes should trade Chester + a 2nd/3rd rounder to AZ for Boldin since he does not want to go back.

Then the Vikes should run the wish bone with AD, MV, and LT2 and either MV or LT can pass to Boldin and Berrian.

Superbowl home boy.

I'll become a Vikings fan if that happens. I already cheer for them b/c of Adrian Peterson and some other players.

Superbowl home boy.

We have a winnah... :unsure: This is officially the stupidest post of 2009... MB

ps. So far... But it is early...

We have a winnah... :banana: This is officially the stupidest post of 2009... MB

ps. So far... But it is early...

Really?

That's an interesting proposal. As a Cards fan I'd consider that, in a deep WR draft class. :unsure: