Sign in to follow this  
Dan

IBL Application and Check-In

I was curious about this last year and still am this year, if you guys need need someone to sub in if you've lost anyone.

I was curious about this last year and still am this year, if you guys need need someone to sub in if you've lost anyone.

I was wondering if you were going to apply again. Thanks for throwing your hat in.

attention dan....when is a good time to call you......later this afternoon or tomorrow.............thanks

attention dan....when is a good time to call you......later this afternoon or tomorrow.............thanks

Sup Clash.... <_<

Most times are usually pretty good. I'm taking my son to class this afternoon, but I should be accessible. If I don't answer, I'll call right back. Sometimes I just don't get to my phone quickly enough. <_<

What I'm seeing, as I compile interested candidates, is this:

WhiteWonder

KSB2424

Cuse9

KnowDoubt - Were you expressing interest?

I want to keep this to the top, as I'd like to have our team together in fairly short order.

No Sir, I was only admiring a finely tuned machine beginning it's way towards glory. Sir.

:dunno:

No Sir, I was only admiring a finely tuned machine beginning it's way towards glory. Sir.

:(

Please . . . no "sir". That's my father. :(

Hey all.......................time to pipe in here and greet everyone.

I was honored to have been selected last year as a Rookie to the FFT team and was it ever interesting! The discussion was intriguing and the knowledge on the FFT team was excellent. The playoffs were good to us and the trophy could have been ours, but for the lackidazical start.

I was not the most helpful owner to our team, about a 50-50 season, so a more savy person could have helped the team more. What I liked the most was all the banter between us FFT members and without that input, I would have done worse. Thanks guys as I sure enjoyed that part of the compitition.

Given my not-so-great performance, I will give up a spot on the team I may have "taken up" if selected so another experienced veteran can compete. If I could follow your mocks and keep up on your progress, that would be great. If that is okay with you guys, tell me how to keep up with you all. If that is not possible, then I understand. I would not even consider joining another team....it's FFT or no one!!

Go team.....and let the Clash Of The Titans debate continue (but please, keep it civil). Dan will be a GREAT leader and everyone will learn from his style and his prowess.

Lies? Let me be specific here:

You posted a GRAND TOTAL of 5 times during last season. That's not five topics you started. That's not you posted throughout five different threads. YOU POSTED FIVE TIMES TOTAL.

During the heart of the IBL season, you failed to post just ONE TIME in over seven weeks. You posted one thing the first part of October and we didn't hear from you in any form or fashion until right before Thanksgiving....even then, you just posted two things and you were gone again for the duration of the season.

Everyone but you posted at least a half dozen times a week to stay in touch, give advice/insight, and be part of the overall team process. You absolutely, positively disappeared from the danzone. There's no two ways about it. The facts don't lie.

You kept up with your team and you did fairly well as usual. You're an extremely solid fantasy football mind...of that there is no doubt. But, in 2008, you were absolutely and without exception a LOUSY teammate. Do I harbor any long-term resentments towards you? Of course not. I've always respected your knowledge and what you bring to the site and so forth. Am I willing to welcome you back into the IBL fold? Not without some major promises from you that it will be much different this time around.

well this is a relatively simple .......let's just get this over here so we can move on into 2009- no need to make this any more dramatic- thanks for breaking down the problem you had with me last year instead of taking potshots....you know fumbleweed all anyone had to do was call or e-mail if there was that much concern that i wasn't around....i never received either.....i was around.... i just lurked....i have apologized for not being around more last year ....anyway....

if i am just needed to post messages and offer insight to other teams during the season....that's no problem.......you know in the past, i have rarely posted anything on the message boards during the year....i remember in 2007 you were asking where i was as well....it should be obvious to everyone after 4 seasons i make my own decisions and don't ask for roster or trade help ....that's the crux of the fun of fantasy football for me....but there are many instances where i could be helping others which would help the team as well.......so i'll make a more diligent effort to help others during the 2009 season.....i should be doing that....i just didn't think my opinion was that important.......i see it is now....it's no problem for me to adapt.......

as far as my selection for 2009 i withdraw any consideration for the #1 spot based on last season's performance.......i am looking for a new challenge so i'll take another spot.....probably a logical process to fill the draft positions each year is to start from 1st to worse and allow each respective player to choose their draft spot....

okay carry on

For what it's worth, Mike shot me several texts during the draft to either wake me up or keep me updated on stuff that was going down. He was MIA on the boreds but if Dan, Fumble and you other vets choose to allow him back, I support that 100%. I also understand the opposite side of things and perhaps a year on the sidelines would give Clash that hunger to get back at it full force. :doublethumbsup:

As for the new guys, I see some good names. Very good names. Let's keep them coming though.

Also, I'm still yet to be officially approved again. :headbanger:

Also, Also, I don't have access to the batcave. I see TDZ added this year's version, but I can't get in. Fix that, Dan. :mad:

For what it's worth, Mike shot me several texts during the draft to either wake me up or keep me updated on stuff that was going down. He was MIA on the boreds but if Dan, Fumble and you other vets choose to allow him back, I support that 100%. I also understand the opposite side of things and perhaps a year on the sidelines would give Clash that hunger to get back at it full force. :doublethumbsup:

As for the new guys, I see some good names. Very good names. Let's keep them coming though.

Also, I'm still yet to be officially approved again. :headbanger:

Also, Also, I don't have access to the batcave. I see TDZ added this year's version, but I can't get in. Fix that, Dan. :mad:

TDZ - Just opened last night, I have to give him names. Am I correct in assuming that you'll be upgrading by a year, Me?

Oh, and please . . . you're official.

Geesh . . . kids.

TDZ - Just opened last night, I have to give him names. Am I correct in assuming that you'll be upgrading by a year, Me?

Oh, and please . . . you're official.

Geesh . . . kids.

Upgrade indeed. It's a new year. :doublethumbsup:

Upgrade indeed. It's a new year. :doublethumbsup:

Kid is growing up right in front of our eyes. :proudsobbing: :mad:

No ashes to ashes crack needed :ninja:

No ashes to ashes crack needed :doublethumbsup:

No, but it might be requested. :ninja:

Upgrade indeed. It's a new year. :thumbsup:

And feel free to stop by the Interboard site . . . say hello and whatnot. :cry:

Hey all.......................time to pipe in here and greet everyone.

I was honored to have been selected last year as a Rookie to the FFT team and was it ever interesting! The discussion was intriguing and the knowledge on the FFT team was excellent. The playoffs were good to us and the trophy could have been ours, but for the lackidazical start.

I was not the most helpful owner to our team, about a 50-50 season, so a more savy person could have helped the team more. What I liked the most was all the banter between us FFT members and without that input, I would have done worse. Thanks guys as I sure enjoyed that part of the compitition.

Given my not-so-great performance, I will give up a spot on the team I may have "taken up" if selected so another experienced veteran can compete. If I could follow your mocks and keep up on your progress, that would be great. If that is okay with you guys, tell me how to keep up with you all. If that is not possible, then I understand. I would not even consider joining another team....it's FFT or no one!!

Go team.....and let the Clash Of The Titans debate continue (but please, keep it civil). Dan will be a GREAT leader and everyone will learn from his style and his prowess.

hey Robb, you doing your defenses by matchup thing again this year???

have you guys decided on the team yet?

hey all

would it be possible to get some more info, possibly see last years fftoday war room?, or maybe a link to the ibl site or a league page or something?

just so the handful of new guys showing interest can learn a bit more about it

hey all

would it be possible to get some more info, possibly see last years fftoday war room?, or maybe a link to the ibl site or a league page or something?

just so the handful of new guys showing interest can learn a bit more about it

http://www.interboardleague.com/forum/

http://www.interboardleague.com/forum/

Lies? Let me be specific here:

You posted a GRAND TOTAL of 5 times during last season. That's not five topics you started. That's not you posted throughout five different threads. YOU POSTED FIVE TIMES TOTAL.

During the heart of the IBL season, you failed to post just ONE TIME in over seven weeks. You posted one thing the first part of October and we didn't hear from you in any form or fashion until right before Thanksgiving....even then, you just posted two things and you were gone again for the duration of the season.

Everyone but you posted at least a half dozen times a week to stay in touch, give advice/insight, and be part of the overall team process. You absolutely, positively disappeared from the danzone. There's no two ways about it. The facts don't lie.

You kept up with your team and you did fairly well as usual. You're an extremely solid fantasy football mind...of that there is no doubt. But, in 2008, you were absolutely and without exception a LOUSY teammate. Do I harbor any long-term resentments towards you? Of course not. I've always respected your knowledge and what you bring to the site and so forth. Am I willing to welcome you back into the IBL fold? Not without some major promises from you that it will be much different this time around.

Fumble thats all accurate and well stated - there is just 1 important note you are leaving out here. He was the Commish - and volunteered to be the Commish. It is one thing if this was an owner and did this ( it would still be a little iffy ) but a commish just deciding to not communicate any longer with the league? there is no doubtin Clash is a VERY good FF player - in that respect he would be an asset for any team. Unless there is just an all world explanation and reason here there should be no way he is allowed back. I mean Dan just thankfully stepped up and assumed the role after Clash went on hiatus.

have you guys decided on the team yet?

Have not yet. Soon.

Vets - I'm trying to set up our war room at the Danzone again. IBL 2009. I have not been able to access it yet, but it's possible that I'm merely challenged. If you get in, let me know, because then I know that I'm doing something wrong. :huh:

To answer some questions, here's a little detail:

The season roster size is 18 players of your choice (any mix). There is NO disabled list spot, so if you have an injury, you're out of luck.

We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1 D/ST and 1 flex (RB/WR/TE) each week. You have only ONE starting lineup for all the games you play that week.

The regular season lasts 13 weeks. You will play four head-to-head opponents each week. You only submit ONE starting lineup for all of the games you play each week. Your score for that lineup is compared to the other teams' scores that week, and you record wins, losses and ties based on those matchups.

***A change from last year - you will NOT face anyone from FFToday during the regular season.***

Each win in the regular season is worth one point, each tie is worth .5 points, and each loss is worth zero points. Based on your regular season records, the top 20 teams using regular season records will make it into the top playoff bracket, the next 20 teams in the middle playoff bracket, and the bottom teams in the lowest playoff bracket. You will play five other teams in your bracket during weeks 14-16, and four other teams in your bracket during week 17.

Each win in the top bracket is worth 2 points (1 point for a tie), each win in the middle bracket is worth 1.5 points (.75 points for a tie), and each win in the bottom bracket is worth 1 points (0.5 points for a tie).

At the end of the contest (after week 17), the total points based on the regular season and playoff records are added up for all teams from each board. The board with the most total points wins the Challenge.

Offensive Scoring

1 point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving

1 point for every 25 yards passing

6 points for every TD rushed or received

4 points for every TD passed

2 points for every two-point conversion rushed or received

1 point for every two-point converstion passed

1 point for every extra point kicked

3 points for every FG less than 50 yards kicked

4 points for every FG greater than 50 yards kicked

NO subtraction for INT's or fumbles, 1 Point per reception.

Defensive/Special Teams Scoring (as of right now)

6 points for every return/turnover/blocked kick TD

2 points for every safety

2 points for every fumble/INT recovery by D/ST

2 points for every blocked kick

1 point for every sack

10 points for less than two TOTAL points against.

7 points for 2-3 TOTAL points against.

5 points for 4-7 TOTAL points against.

3 points for 8-13 TOTAL points against.

2 points for 14-17 TOTAL points against.

1 point for 18-21 TOTAL points against.

0 points for more than 21 TOTAL points against.

NOTE: The PPR rule was just instituted for the 2008 season, and I expect it to be the same going forward.

once again i didn't want to be commish....i really didn't... but NO ONE else STEPPED UP...I had to TO SAVE OUR SPOT IN THE LEAGUE...i knew i wouldNT have the time during my busy work season of the fall I was ok for time during the summer........but had i not stepped up and done it we wouldn't have fielded a team last year...please see my apology in the other thread...and once again just because i didn't post messages asking for help or my record for the week didn't mean i wasnt around.... i was......if you have looked for four years you can see i have rarely done that.....i never abandoned anything.......

:ninja:

thanks for the info dan. and for the link remote. It was the same link twice, not sure if that was intended.

so each league consists of 5 (half) of the particpating boards and each league has its own individual and team champions?

Im guessing math constrictions keeps you guys from having all 10 boards in each league and maybe being able to figure out a true overall champ?

it also obviously seems like the more FFToday members can position themselves in the top playoff bracket the better with more points awarded for wins in that bracket... I like the concept.

scoring looks good

thanks for the info dan. and for the link remote. It was the same link twice, not sure if that was intended.

so each league consists of 5 (half) of the particpating boards and each league has its own individual and team champions?

Im guessing math constrictions keeps you guys from having all 10 boards in each league and maybe being able to figure out a true overall champ?

it also obviously seems like the more FFToday members can position themselves in the top playoff bracket the better with more points awarded for wins in that bracket... I like the concept.

scoring looks good

Theoretically speaking, all ten drafts could be put together, but it would likely be chaos. Keeping track of 5 drafts is challenging enough . . . believe me. But the math works fine with it.

scoring looks good

For years, the IBL had been 5 boards. Last year we added another 5 boards, so having the 2 leagues was kind of a transition. I don't know if we'll keep going with the separate leagues, or if they'll be merged.

In general, having more teams in the top tier is better. But since all the top tier teams play each other, you'll have many games where board members face each other. Someone did the math a few years ago, and the maximum number of points can be attained by having 8 in the top tier and 4 in the middle tier.

But if you could somehow manage to get all 12 board members in the top tier, that means you kicked so much ass during the regular season that the post season is all but pointless.

Theoretically speaking, all ten drafts could be put together, but it would likely be chaos. Keeping track of 5 drafts is challenging enough . . . believe me. But the math works fine with it.

actually I meant having representatives of each board in each of the 2 ibl leagues. Not nec. combining the 2 leagues into 1 super league.

I just figured if there were a way to have all 10 boards represented in each league you would be able to somehow determine an overall champ.

i.e. instead of having all 12 members from 5 boards in one league, you would have 6 members from all 10 boards in 1 league.

also, previously you mentioned that this season no one from the same board would play each other.. How would that work come playoff time? Is there a way to avoid ever playing another FFToday member if there happens to be alot of them in your playoff tier?

also, previously you mentioned that this season no one from the same board would play each other.. How would that work come playoff time? Is there a way to avoid ever playing another FFToday member if there happens to be alot of them in your playoff tier?

In the playoffs, you play everyone in your tier, even board members. Having 2 board members play each other can be an advantage or disadvantage.

If you're in the lead, it helps because you're guaranteed to get the points for the win, no matter which team wins. If you're behind and need points to catch up, it's a disadvantage because you can only get the 1 win between the 2 teams, rather than potentially a win for both teams.

I was wondering if you were going to apply again. Thanks for throwing your hat in.

welll........i can't get on to the danzone to get to last year's IBL site or the other year's IBL sites to get your number to call you ......so here is mine 205-413-6719.....you can e-mail me at mikejtaylor@charter.net as well........

i'm taking it you banned me so i can't even see the history....ouch :music_guitarred: but whatever

or just text me your number....thanks

welll........i can't get on to the danzone to get to last year's IBL site or the other year's IBL sites to get your number to call you ......so here is mine 205-413-6719.....you can e-mail me at mikejtaylor@charter.net as well........

i'm taking it you banned me so i can't even see the history....ouch :doublethumbsup: but whatever

or just text me your number....thanks

Nah, Dan hasn't been able to get in yet either.

Nah, Dan hasn't been able to get in yet either.

i have been reading the history and old posts on the league for the past week....even saw yesterday where dan created a 2009 fftoday IBL page......now it's gone..... :unsure:

dear 2008 and former ibl teammates,

i humbly apologize for not being a very good teammate in 2008 and in previous years. I could and should have done more to help my fellow teammates have better teams. perhaps if i had done this we would have more than just one championship. i apologize as well for being sometimes being an overly selfish player and not being more respective of my fellow teammates. i would like the opportunity to have one more chance to be a player in on the FFToday team. I feel i have earned the right to one more chance based on my performance as well as the passion and dedication i have showed to this site for the past 6 years. i will be more diligent in my pursuits and gear my efforts in assisting everyone having a better team. as opposed to just worrying about myself for the most part. i ask that you give me one season to prove that i have changed. if i stray from the course, please feel free to remove after or even during the season. all i can do is ask. but again i honestly think i truly deserve a second chance. i appreciate any consideration.

p.s. i would like the chance to call each and every 2008 teammate in person and apologize as well. i think it's too easy to get the wrong impression of someone over the internet and it's the manly thing to do after i spent so much time here contributing over the years. if anyone is interested, please e-mail me or post a number where you can be reached. thanks.

sincerely,

mike taylor

clash of the titans

mikejtaylor@charter.net

205-413-6719

dear 2008 and former ibl teammates,

i humbly apologize for not being a very good teammate in 2008 and in previous years. I could and should have done more to help my fellow teammates have better teams. perhaps if i had done this we would have more than just one championship. i apologize as well for being sometimes being an overly selfish player and not being more respective of my fellow teammates. i would like the opportunity to have one more chance to be a player in on the FFToday team. I feel i have earned the right to one more chance based on my performance as well as the passion and dedication i have showed to this site for the past 6 years. i will be more diligent in my pursuits and gear my efforts in assisting everyone having a better team. as opposed to just worrying about myself for the most part. i ask that you give me one season to prove that i have changed. if i stray from the course, please feel free to remove after or even during the season. all i can do is ask. but again i honestly think i truly deserve a second chance. i appreciate any consideration.

p.s. i would like the chance to call each and every 2008 teammate in person and apologize as well. i think it's too easy to get the wrong impression of someone over the internet and it's the manly thing to do after i spent so much time here contributing over the years. if anyone is interested, please e-mail me or post a number where you can be reached. thanks.

sincerely,

mike taylor

clash of the titans

mikejtaylor@charter.net

205-413-6719

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you aren't commish, I want you on board. You just took that role to ensure that we had a team last year, but it's clearly not the position you're suited for.

Moreso than an apology for last year, I think we're looking for the time and team dedication going forward. None of us have disputed your ability to put together YOUR team. It's being involved with OUR team that needs to be stepped up a notch. You said you lurked quite a bit last season, and if so, you'd notice that the minute we buckled down and began truly working as a TEAM, FFToday rocketed up the leaderboards. If we have that dedication from everyone involved from day one this season, we won't be in such a hole to climb out of.

This brings me to a point that potential IBL'ers need to be aware of. This requires a large time dedication. It's not your local draft where you put together a cheat sheet or log on yahoo for 45 minutes. This takes a few weeks and checking in several times a day is required. Even when you aren't on the clock, we need you around (or to be able to reach you via text, email, here, etc.) to discuss potential trades, team strategy going forward, etc. Everything can change in a heartbeat and we need all hands on deck to adjust the plan accordingly. Dan does a fantastic job of managing this, but your effort is paramount to our success. I truly believe we have the best and brightest FF minds on the web, but individually we can't overcome team efforts of increasingly competitive opposition.

welll........i can't get on to the danzone to get to last year's IBL site or the other year's IBL sites to get your number to call you ....

i'm taking it you banned me so i can't even see the history....ouch :shocking: but whatever

Actually, that was a mistake. You should still have access to last year's board and such . . .

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you aren't commish, I want you on board. You just took that role to ensure that we had a team last year, but it's clearly not the position you're suited for.

Moreso than an apology for last year, I think we're looking for the time and team dedication going forward. None of us have disputed your ability to put together YOUR team. It's being involved with OUR team that needs to be stepped up a notch. You said you lurked quite a bit last season, and if so, you'd notice that the minute we buckled down and began truly working as a TEAM, FFToday rocketed up the leaderboards. If we have that dedication from everyone involved from day one this season, we won't be in such a hole to climb out of.

This brings me to a point that potential IBL'ers need to be aware of. This requires a large time dedication. It's not your local draft where you put together a cheat sheet or log on yahoo for 45 minutes. This takes a few weeks and checking in several times a day is required. Even when you aren't on the clock, we need you around (or to be able to reach you via text, email, here, etc.) to discuss potential trades, team strategy going forward, etc. Everything can change in a heartbeat and we need all hands on deck to adjust the plan accordingly. Dan does a fantastic job of managing this, but your effort is paramount to our success. I truly believe we have the best and brightest FF minds on the web, but individually we can't overcome team efforts of increasingly competitive opposition.

well said

i think what we need here is another apology post/thread.... Clash are you irish? :thumbsup:

jgcrawfish

KSB2424

White Wonder

Cuse9

I beg your patience. We will be deciding soon. :overhead:

Speaking of which . . . IBL VETS - Get to the Danzone, and let's talk! Please.