Sign in to follow this  
Dan

IBL Application and Check-In

jgcrawfish

KSB2424

White Wonder

Cuse9

I beg your patience. We will be deciding soon. :thumbsup:

Speaking of which . . . IBL VETS - Get to the Danzone, and let's talk! Please.

not pushin' Dan...just remindin' (and maybe nudgin') :wink:

dear 2008 and former ibl teammates,

i humbly apologize for not being a very good teammate in 2008 and in previous years. I could and should have done more to help my fellow teammates have better teams. perhaps if i had done this we would have more than just one championship. i apologize as well for being sometimes being an overly selfish player and not being more respective of my fellow teammates. i would like the opportunity to have one more chance to be a player in on the FFToday team. I feel i have earned the right to one more chance based on my performance as well as the passion and dedication i have showed to this site for the past 6 years. i will be more diligent in my pursuits and gear my efforts in assisting everyone having a better team. as opposed to just worrying about myself for the most part. i ask that you give me one season to prove that i have changed. if i stray from the course, please feel free to remove after or even during the season. all i can do is ask. but again i honestly think i truly deserve a second chance. i appreciate any consideration.

p.s. i would like the chance to call each and every 2008 teammate in person and apologize as well. i think it's too easy to get the wrong impression of someone over the internet and it's the manly thing to do after i spent so much time here contributing over the years. if anyone is interested, please e-mail me or post a number where you can be reached. thanks.

sincerely,

mike taylor

clash of the titans

mikejtaylor@charter.net

205-413-6719

Mike FWIW -- I accept your apology. But my opinion remains consistent that you do not belong in the league next season. Your were the commish whether you wanted the slot or not you signed up for it. If you knew you wouldn't be around there should have been an email or a post sayin g- Hey i can't commish I just got a lot going on - something like that - unless I am wrong there was nothing - you just simply stopped comming around and Dan stepped up and filed the void. While there is no doubting at all that you field a very good team every season - I don't believe that's enough to warrant you being allowed back next season. After a year off an you want to throw back in maybe. - JUST MY OPINIONS HERE

dan you got voice mail............

dan you got voice mail............

Yeah, got it. I was on the phone. I'll catch you . . .

hey Robb, you doing your defenses by matchup thing again this year???

Hey Crawfish....you betcha I am doing it again. It's a long standing effort I have participated in and updated every year.

Probably will be July, towards the end, to get it up. Will take an assessment of teams offense strength and that takes a game or two in preseason.

Thanks for asking. E-mail me if you want more info at: robbaustin@gmail.com

Robb

I went to TDZ just now and didn't see anything more current than January 2009.

Am I missing something? Is there a new site? New password needed?

Can I "watch" even if I don't play?

Thanks guys!!

I feel pretty

Just chiming in again. I'd like to be back this year, and big :thumbsup: to both Dan and Fumbleweed for keeping constant updates throughout the season in 2008.

As for Clash - I mentioned at TDZ a while back I don't have an issue with him being back. And I know it wasn't some big amount of cash, but it was a solid move on his part to cover the $12 cost for FFT participating in this last year. I think it should be left up to the vets that have been around as to wether he's back or not.

I would say the only thing I'd mention to him - during the draft try not to get so picky about wanting teammates to trade with you so you can get "your guy" after already drafting yourself a pretty darn good team to begin with. :music_guitarred:

I went to TDZ just now and didn't see anything more current than January 2009.

Am I missing something? Is there a new site? New password needed?

Can I "watch" even if I don't play?

Thanks guys!!

robb -

I'll set you up to "watch" and share. :music_guitarred:

Throw my name in the league Dan. I have won 7 championships on yahoo. You can look at my profile as it is the same name on here. Five of the championships are posted on that name and 2 others on the 1st year I played. I can provide that name in addition.

what is the time frame for the drafting process?

I think it's like 12 hours but you're not supposed to 'milk' the clock.

I think they might even turn it 'off' at nite for a certain amount of time.

I think it's like 12 hours but you're not supposed to 'milk' the clock.

I think they might even turn it 'off' at nite for a certain amount of time.

thanks. I actually meant for the entire series of drafts

Drafts are named A, B, C, D and E

A & B start Monday morning usually towards the end of or mid July.

B & C start the next Monday.

E starts the next Monday.

Sometimes they run neck and neck and sometimes say A can be two-three rounds ahead of B.

The 'trick' is that say you're in Draft C and you see "your guy" falling in draft B, I mean like two rounds farther without you reaching for him. That's when you trade say your 7th for a guys 8th to make sure you get "your guy".

Also if you are in C and your guy gets taken like 3 spots ahead of you like at #32, you could possibly trade 'down' into D if that player is still available in that draft at #38 or the like.

I watched this and the "new" IBL2 thingy last year because I read the recruiting post and followed the links. It is absolutely wild. People trading in and out of drafts and just like wow, man.

This is a really wild league and if we didn't have a baby due any minute I'd have my irons in the fire to try and make the team.

The IBL1 were talking so much smack on the draft message boards, it was a blast just to be a spectator let alone be in IT!!!

hth

Drafts are named A, B, C, D and E

A & B start Monday morning usually towards the end of or mid July.

B & C start the next Monday.

E starts the next Monday.

Sometimes they run neck and neck and sometimes say A can be two-three rounds ahead of B.

The 'trick' is that say you're in Draft C and you see "your guy" falling in draft B, I mean like two rounds farther without you reaching for him. That's when you trade say your 7th for a guys 8th to make sure you get "your guy".

Also if you are in C and your guy gets taken like 3 spots ahead of you like at #32, you could possibly trade 'down' into D if that player is still available in that draft at #38 or the like.

I watched this and the "new" IBL2 thingy last year because I read the recruiting post and followed the links. It is absolutely wild. People trading in and out of drafts and just like wow, man.

This is a really wild league and if we didn't have a baby due any minute I'd have my irons in the fire to try and make the team.

The IBL1 were talking so much smack on the draft message boards, it was a blast just to be a spectator let alone be in IT!!!

hth

thanks for the info. I knew about the trading in and out of the other drafts but wasnt sure on the time of the drafts

thanks for the info. I knew about the trading in and out of the other drafts but wasnt sure on the time of the drafts

if you are throwing your hat in the ring LBH i just wanted to state for the record.....you would be an outstanding choice for team fftoday in 2009 and any year for that matter....i have always thought you are one of the most shrewd as well as knowledgeable posters in my FFToday tenure......you have a strong insight into the game of football and appear to be a master trader in the fantasy game.....you would thrive in this format and if you could find the time you would be a tremendous asset to team fftoday.....you are the type of player that could put us over the top to get that 2nd championship

just my humble opinion :sleep:

if you are throwing your hat in the ring LBH i just wanted to state for the record.....you would be an outstanding choice for team fftoday in 2009 and any year for that matter....i have always thought you are one of the most shrewd as well as knowledgeable posters in my FFToday tenure......you have a strong insight into the game of football and appear to be a master trader in the fantasy game.....you would thrive in this format and if you could find the time you would be a tremendous asset to team fftoday.....you are the type of player that could put us over the top to get that 2nd championship

just my humble opinion :pointstosky:

Clash,thanks for the kind words. Moz has asked me about it a couple of times but im in so many dynasty leagues that i wasnt sure if id have the time which is why i wanted to know about the specific drafting times. As in when the first draft starts to when the last draft ends. Im considering dropping a couple of redrafts, and at least one of my dynasty leagues looks to be folding so i might have room afterall.

Is there a forum to go to that talks about all things IBL? thought i saw thedanzone mentioned

Clash,thanks for the kind words. Moz has asked me about it a couple of times but im in so many dynasty leagues that i wasnt sure if id have the time which is why i wanted to know about the specific drafting times. As in when the first draft starts to when the last draft ends. Im considering dropping a couple of redrafts, and at least one of my dynasty leagues looks to be folding so i might have room afterall.

Is there a forum to go to that talks about all things IBL? thought i saw thedanzone mentioned

It's at TDZ but you'll have to get access to visit. Although I think you can check last years forum to see how things went down.

2008 FFT IBL War Room

It's at TDZ but you'll have to get access to visit. Although I think you can check last years forum to see how things went down.

2008 FFT IBL War Room

you were right, its a locked forum. Thats ok. Ill ask questions as they come to me

Great to see the Vets maintaing this league. I wish you all the very best this season. Get that title back. :thumbsup:

Great to see the Vets maintaing this league. I wish you all the very best this season. Get that title back. :thumbsup:

Lou. :angry:

your welcome....you earned them so thank yourself........+ i get tired of all the negativity around here........time to take a positive stand...........i think commissioner dan and dan from the danzone have to give you access to see the IBL......

you can go here as well......it's the legue's home site 24/7.....www.interboardleague.com

your welcome....you earned them so thank yourself........+ i get tired of all the negativity around here........time to take a positive stand...........i think commissioner dan and dan from the danzone have to give you access to see the IBL......

you can go here as well......it's the legue's home site 24/7.....www.interboardleague.com

ok thanks, ill check it out

I didn't realize brown nosing was a prerequisite. So who do I have to give a reach-around to so I can join this party?

I didn't realize brown nosing was a prerequisite. So who do I have to give a reach-around to so I can join this party?

No worries . . . you're all judged on your merits, whether it be brown-nosing or talent evaluation. :lol:

free zj's if you pick me :thumbsdown:

Good Luck FFT IBL-

Give'em Hell :thumbsdown:

Hey Crawfish....you betcha I am doing it again. It's a long standing effort I have participated in and updated every year.

Probably will be July, towards the end, to get it up. Will take an assessment of teams offense strength and that takes a game or two in preseason.

Thanks for asking. E-mail me if you want more info at: robbaustin@gmail.com

Robb

i've bragged about your fine work on this thing for 2 years now on this bored, i just won't tell my league mates about it!!! keep up the good work Robb...i'll email you later in the summer to get it from you. :doublethumbsup:

Dan, you guys decide on the fftoday roster yet?

i've bragged about your fine work on this thing for 2 years now on this bored, i just won't tell my league mates about it!!! keep up the good work Robb...i'll email you later in the summer to get it from you. :doublethumbsup:

Dan, you guys decide on the fftoday roster yet?

No. But soon. :P I promise.

No. But soon. :overhead: I promise.

Since brown nosing is a requirement, I'll thrown in gifts.....a nice pair of comfy, warm snow boots for Dan and possibly a pair of genuine Dan Marino Icatoner gloves if my team looks good at conclusion of draft.

Since brown nosing is a requirement, I'll thrown in gifts.....a nice pair of comfy, warm snow boots for Dan and possibly a pair of genuine Dan Marino Icatoner gloves if my team looks good at conclusion of draft.

um, to clarify...i was brown nosing Robb, not Dan. I believe I'm the last one one the list to speak up, so my assumption is that brown nosing a fine, upstanding quality individual like Dan won't help me anyway, even if he does know that I'm a fellow Steelers fan. :pointstosky:

It's not. Last year at this time I berated Dan for leaving my name out of the final list and I got in. Still don't know why exactly.

It's not. Last year at this time I berated Dan for leaving my name out of the final list and I got in. Still don't know why exactly.

Years of service means alot! :ninja:

The **Official** KSB2424 Resume

• I have not once posted in the "It's an exiting time to be a Seahawks fan" thread
  • Every thing I touch turns to gold
  • I still have Stephen Davis on my roster
  • I can drink like a fish

• I have not once posted in the "It's an exiting time to be a Seahawks fan" thread

The drinking thing is a plus as Dan and I are both heavy drinkers. We are about as wild as they come...

The drinking thing is a plus as Dan and I are both heavy drinkers. We are about as wild as they come...

*hic*

Oh hell, i can top that sh!t

The **Official** jgcrawfish Resume:

• I have posted in the "It's an exciting time to be a Seahawks fan" thread but pretty much solely for the purpose of irritating Flahawker and Phillybear
  • I steal everything I touch...especially gold.
  • Lendale White is the new Stephen Davis...I got him, does that count?
  • Fish wish they could drink as much as me. I once got pulled over for having too much blood in my alcohol level *hic*.
  • I've never failed to win an FF championship in any league I've been, the only reason I don't have them is because they were stolen from me!

queires mas pendejo, vavoso, pinche mari con???

[*]I have not once posted in the "It's an exiting time to be a Seahawks fan" thread

[*]I still have Stephen Davis on my roster

for these reasons - your application looks much better than expected. :doublethumbsup:

how many vacant spots are there this year? or is that still being determined.