Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Four Draft Commentary**

in a perfect world or just a standard mock draft i take marshall there...since this is a real league i just couldn't bring myself to do it....i struggled with the decision last nite since i anticipated him to fall to me.....i just cant get over the concerns for the hip injury that supposedly the denver staff misdiagnosed that has kept him out of camp and the nail in the coffin was the request to be traded....this guy's elevator doesn't go to the top floor and i can see him holding out all year for a new deal...regardless marshall is a monster talent

i do really like ocho to rebound this year with a better mindset and rededicated attitude......i think cincy is gonna suprise some people this year and at worst case they will be behind most of the year and have to throw early and often...he was also injured all of last year with a labrum injury that most people have forgotten about...curious what people think of ocho this year??

in a perfect world or just a standard mock draft i take marshall there...since this is a real league i just couldn't bring myself to do it....i struggled with the decision last nite since i anticipated him to fall to me.....i just cant get over the concerns for the hip injury that supposedly the denver staff misdiagnosed that has kept him out of camp and the nail in the coffin was the request to be traded....this guy's elevator doesn't go to the top floor and i can see him holding out all year for a new deal...regardless marshall is a monster talent

i do really like ocho to rebound this year with a better mindset and rededicated attitude......i think cincy is gonna suprise some people this year and at worst case they will be behind most of the year and have to throw early and often...he was also injured all of last year with a labrum injury that most people have forgotten about...curious what people think of ocho this year??

I agree with you 100% on Ocho... I think a lot of people are writing him off as an "ok" #2 WR this season and IMO he will far out perform his ADP. I'll also add that he get Palmer back this season too. I had some hope he would have fallen under the radar to me in the 4th

Okay, when I said that I hoped that Fumble and Clash made my choice easier . . . I didn't really mean it. I liked Moreno and Marshall, but thought they would slide because of their respective situations. . . ugh.

Okay, when I said that I hoped that Fumble and Clash made my choice easier . . . I didn't really mean it. I liked Moreno and Marshall, but thought they would slide because of their respective situations. . . ugh.

Hey Dan, since you just picked and are not after me, can I send a list to you? I have a lunch meeting and need to leave in about 5 minutes and will not be back until about 12:30 est.

I agree with you 100% on Ocho... I think a lot of people are writing him off as an "ok" #2 WR this season and IMO he will far out perform his ADP. I'll also add that he get Palmer back this season too. I had some hope he would have fallen under the radar to me in the 4th

I dunno. I think he deserves to be brought into question . . . and possibly his work ethic is at fault. I get that there were issues, but those issues applied to everyone on the team. He's very high risk, IMO.

Hey Dan, since you just picked and are not after me, can I send a list to you? I have a lunch meeting and need to leave in about 5 minutes and will not be back until about 12:30 est.

Yes. Send it.

danpcouch@hotmail.com

I was hoping to see either Marshall or Ochocinco make it back to me, but NOOOOOOO. Fockers!

Once again, I'm gambling with this pick. Roy has all the talent in the world, and Dallas needs him to step into TO's role. Here's hoping he does.

:thumbsup:

you suck dan.

that is all

I'm o.k with the Marshall pick. I didn't want two Denver players, so Witten became the choice for me in the third to avoid a Moreno/Marshall duo. Moreno has a lot of upside. That was a good pick.

If Marshall can get his head screwed on straight, he's got second round talent. Pairing him with Randy Moss could make my team dangerously good or it could be a disaster. I prefer to take some chances from the #11 hole.

you suck dan.

that is all

Tell you what .. . I'll give you Jones if Clash gives me Moreno, or Fumble gives me Marshall. :thumbsup:

It's root beer.

Both of my top targets Wr targets fell back to me. I am in shock that I can not only choose one of them, but that I also have to choose between them. With Brady, Welker had 110+ receptions and 8 TD's in 07. His Td totals took a slide to 3 with Brady's back up, but he still caught 110+. I see his TD numbers returning to 07 type figures this year, as I see him as a great safety blanket for Brady. He and Moss make the ultimate scare package for Defenders in the redzone. I see Welker with 110+ receptions, again this season, and 8 Td's. I like him alot as my #2 Wr.

I have my other receiver with 20 less catches and one more TD.

Both of my top targets Wr targets fell back to me. I am in shock that I can not only choose one of them, but that I also have to choose between them. With Brady, Welker had 110+ receptions and 8 TD's in 07. His Td totals took a slide to 3 with Brady's back up, but he still caught 110+. I see his TD numbers returning to 07 type figures this year, as I see him as a great safety blanket for Brady. He and Moss make the ultimate scare package for Defenders in the redzone. I see Welker with 110+ receptions, again this season, and 8 Td's. I like him alot as my #2 Wr.

I have my other receiver with 20 less catches and one more TD.

i assume some people passed over him because of the scoring system being non ppr. Welker is much more valuable in a PPR but with Brady returning i LOVE the pick where you got him. I definately would have taken him at my next pick if i felt i could afford 3 wr's in a row.

i assume some people passed over him because of the scoring system being non ppr. Welker is much more valuable in a PPR but with Brady returning i LOVE the pick where you got him. I definately would have taken him at my next pick if i felt i could afford 3 wr's in a row.

I could easily be wrong on the return to Brady type usage (TD targets), but Welker was my #12 Wr in this format. I didn't figure in PPR other then the fact that those extra 20 or 30 catches amounted to 300 yards over a most normal Wr's, as he averages 10.5 yards a catch.

I could easily be wrong on the return to Brady type usage (TD targets), but Welker was my #12 Wr in this format. I didn't figure in PPR other then the fact that those extra 20 or 30 catches amounted to 300 yards over a most normal Wr's, as he averages 10.5 yards a catch.

I almost took Welker instead of Bryant, but the yardage numbers (8th overall) were too hard to overlook. Welker's a possession guy, and the yards aren't going to be in the same grouping.

Housh was the other Wr I sweated over. I see him as a great Redzone target in Seattle. I have him for 85 catches and 1,100 yards and 9 td's. Great #'s but I still had to question in my mind if he could accomplish this his first year there. Great pick by KSB none the less. I didn't have an interest in Gates here, but that is strictly a strategy thing and not any slam on his ability or worth.

Fumble . . .psst. . . danzone

Gates (or another highly touted TE) were my targets here all along. The only other player that I was strongly considering was Welker. The Brady-to-Welker combo would have been nice to watch on Sundays! I have so many WR's bunched up in the current tier that it made grabbing one of the best (if not the best!) TE's in the league easy.

ICEMAN

I almost took Welker instead of Bryant, but the yardage numbers (8th overall) were too hard to overlook. Welker's a possession guy, and the yards aren't going to be in the same grouping.

5.5 yards more per catch for 27 less catches is 150 yards or 15 points, and then he'd have to catch the td's he did last year (7) and equal his 08 reception totals (83) with a new QB. Both would be career highs. I am not arguing your choice, but all Welker has to do is same ole same ole with Brady, and that seems pretty warm and fuzzy. I have Welker as a bottom #1 Wr, and Bryant as a legit #2.

Just laying my thinking out there, because his 10.5 yards per are on the 20 to 30 catches other receivers never see. (catches 85 through 110) That is still 210 yeards or 21 points.

1 second, those picks of TJ and Braylon threw me off.

Gates, or Clark were my targets here all along. The only other player that I was strongly considering was Welker. The Brady-to-Welker combo would have been nice to watch on Sundays! I have so many WR's bunched up in the current teir that it made grabbing one of the best (if not the best!) TE in the league.

ICEMAN

Please remove the second name.

Was really hoping for Housh or Edwards here, oh well, I'm glad to have Rodgers here, I was impressed with him last year being his first (playing) in the league, I expect him to be MUCH better this year.

JScott: You're OTC for the CHIMI rookie draft.

Yep, thanks. I'm trying to wheel and deal...

now all of my WR's have the same bye week :thumbsdown:

i actually preferred VJax to Housh and Edwards but it was close enough that the bye week would have made my decision. I think this probably is awful for a no hassle type format. In a real league i would just eat the loss week 5.

I just didn't see anything standing out to me at another position and couldn't stomach letting Vjax slide to Vikes.

Edwards was an interesting question mark for me. I really felt like JScott was going to go elsewhere's for his #2Wr, and I feel it would have been safer. Braylon was the guy I was going to fall back on if Housh and welker were gone. Braylon could easily reward JScott with round 2 #'s here in the 4th. How does it go for him when 2 Qb's are still fighting for a job, and your TE that had some talent is gone?

1.04- RB Matt Forte, Chi.

2.09- WR Steve Smith, Car.

3.04- QB Peyton Manning, Ind

4.09- WR Braylon Edwards, CLE

This looks pretty damn good!

I like VJax here, and figured this would be JScott's guy. Nice grab. Edwards and Jackson were both on my radar for the last pick. I have LT on my team and that kind of downgraded him some for me.

now all of my WR's have the same bye week :thumbsdown:

i actually preferred VJax to Housh and Edwards but it was close enough that the bye week would have made my decision. I think this probably is awful for a no hassle type format. In a real league i would just eat the loss week 5.

I just didn't see anything standing out to me at another position and couldn't stomach letting Vjax slide to Vikes.

Nice pick. I was looking to grab Rivers and Jackson. Now I have to decide which way to go.

4.09 - WR Braylon Edwards, CLE

I had a handful of WRs that I hoped would fall to me and Braylon was the last available. I honestly didn't think any of them would make it unless some QBs were taken in the 4th before me. Luckily some other picks pushed Edwards done to me. I fully believe he gets over "the drops" this season. I don't expect him to approach 16 TDs like 2007, but I have him for 1150/9.

I did consider another player but felt the depth coming up at his position was better than at WR (will explain more when he's taken)