Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Steve McNair Dead

NASHVILLE (WATE) -- According to a report posted Saturday afternoon on newschannel5.com, former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair was shot and killed in downtown Nashville.

According to the report, the incident happened at 2nd South & Lea Ave. Police said it looked like a double homicide. A female victim was also found dead.

Stay tuned to wate.com for the latest information, and watch 6 Sports Saturday at 6pm and 11pm.

link

He was a class act, I liked him.

It's a sad way for him to go out.

I loved watching him play. He will be missed by a LOT of people. RIP Steve.

This was not a very upscale apartment/condo complex these two were found dead in. What exactly was Mcnair doing? Is he married? Looks like you could pick up some drugs at this place.

McNair was a stud on and off of the field. Wish there were more guys like him.

This was not a very upscale apartment/condo complex these two were found dead in. What exactly was Mcnair doing? Is he married? Looks like you could pick up some drugs at this place.

I can't believe you would even type that. It's in a downtown condo and with a majority of professional "white people" residing in it if you wanna be an techincal a$$hole. You don't know the circumstance so don't judge his character without having actual facts.

Pennington! :thumbsup:

Sad day................

I can't believe you would even type that. It's in a downtown condo and with a majority of professional "white people" residing in it if you wanna be an techincal a$$hole. You don't know the circumstance so don't judge his character without having actual facts.

Well it didn't look very nice from where ESPN was reporting. Found shot in the head, in a condo with a 20 year old also dead, while the wifey is out of town.

so how are we supposed to take this?

A Warrior & True Iron Man.

R.I.P. "Air" McNair

I will always remember the final drive in the Superbowl against the Rams that took our breath away. It was all you.

A yard short......such is life sometimes.

Well it didn't look very nice from where ESPN was reporting. Found shot in the head, in a condo with a 20 year old also dead, while the wifey is out of town.

so how are we supposed to take this?

First of all ESPN only showed you a driveway and a gated condo so for you to say it looked like he could have bought drugs there is stupid. The condo is in walking distance from the country music hall of fame and the Titan stadium. You can stand on the balcony and see them both so that gives you an idea of the property value. No one knows why he was there so why jump to conclusion as if he was cheating on his wife. Anything is possible because we are all human but why pass judgement so fast. As for his character as a person in the community, towards fans, and former teammates, you will hear nothing good things about him. Everytime he came into my place of employment, he was the nicest celebrity you will ever meet and so down to earth. Always signing autographs, doing positive things in the community, and helping those who are in need. He just opened are restaurant in the black community and a person on the news said he was feeding the homeless out of it. If it was someone like pacman jones or brandon marshall I could care less what you say but I will not let you say anything negative about Steve McNair without me defending him.

First of all ESPN only showed you a driveway and a gated condo so for you to say it looked like he could have bought drugs there is stupid. The condo is in walking distance from the country music hall of fame and the Titan stadium. You can stand on the balcony and see them both so that gives you an idea of the property value. No one knows why he was there so why jump to conclusion as if he was cheating on his wife. Anything is possible because we are all human but why pass judgement so fast. As for his character as a person in the community, towards fans, and former teammates, you will hear nothing good things about him. Everytime he came into my place of employment, he was the nicest celebrity you will ever meet and so down to earth. Always signing autographs, doing positive things in the community, and helping those who are in need. He just opened are restaurant in the black community and a person on the news said he was feeding the homeless out of it. If it was someone like pacman jones or brandon marshall I could care less what you say but I will not let you say anything negative about Steve McNair without me defending him.

didn't mean to strike a nerve fanfootballtn. I'm just an outsider looking in on ESPN. No I don't know the area wherein the condo resides. I really never even kept up with McNair that closely, so I'll take your word on everything you mentioned above. I really didn't know much about his personal life. But to say this isn't a little suspicious or doesn't sound right or WTF?

Best case scenario of story.......?

Craziest case of scenario......?

Rational case of scenario.....?

I was just bringing up the craziest case of scenario.

didn't mean to strike a nerve fanfootballtn. I'm just an outsider looking in on ESPN. No I don't know the area wherein the condo resides. I really never even kept up with McNair that closely, so I'll take your word on everything you mentioned above. I really didn't know much about his personal life. But to say this isn't a little suspicious or doesn't sound right or WTF?

I admit it does seem a bit odd he was with a 20 yr old woman that was not his wife. It could just have been totally innocent with her who knows. I'm thinking they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. In fact, we may never know what actually happened.

I live in Nashville. I'm hearing the girl was an Asian girl who worked at Dave and Busters (Restaurant) and it was a murder suicide.

I live in Nashville. I'm hearing the girl was an Asian girl who worked at Dave and Busters (Restaurant) and it was a murder suicide.

Yeah it's being reported that she was Steve McNair's girlfriend. You can google her pic. It's on facebook and myspace. :dunno:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4306275

Nashville police say former NFL quarterback Steve McNair was shot multiple times and the 20-year-old woman found dead with him in a downtown condominium was shot once in the head. A pistol was found near her body...

Aaron ruled out the possibility of a murder-suicide, WSMV-TV, the NBC affiliate in Nashville reported.

Wait...he is shot multiple times, she has one gunshot to the head, the pistol is next to her...and NOW they are ruling out murder-suicide? :dunno:

You weren't out of line with your suspicions. Everytime anyone dies everyone wonders what the real reason is. Billy Mays couldn't have just had a heart attack, it had to be from the rough landing he went through on the plane. Michael Jackson couldn't have just went into cardiac arrest, there had to be foul play. It's normal to wonder what happened.

As great of a person as McNair was he was somewhere he had no business being and unfortunatly that was one of the factors that went into his death. Luckily we/the fans, don't care about extra marital affairs and he'll be remembered for the things he did on the field and the good things he did off the field for people.

I think he may have been stepping out on his wife. It doesn't take away from his sportmanship on the field. He's human and makes mistakes too.

Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair(notes), who led the famous Tennessee Titans’ drive that came a yard short of forcing overtime in the 2000 Super Bowl, was found dead Saturday with multiple gunshot wounds, including one to the head. Police said a pistol was discovered near the body of a woman also shot dead in a downtown condominium.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron identified the woman as 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi, whom he called a “friend” of McNair’s. She had a single gunshot wound to the head.

Police said the 36-year-old McNair was found on the sofa in the living room, and Kazemi was very close to him on the floor. Aaron said the gun was not “readily apparent” when police first arrived. Autopsies were planned for Sunday.

Aaron said McNair’s wife, Mechelle, is “very distraught.”

“At this juncture, we do not believe she is involved,” he said. “Nothing has been ruled out, but as far as actively looking for a suspect tonight, the answer would be no.”

He said he did not know who Kazemi was.

The bodies were discovered Saturday afternoon by McNair’s longtime friend, Wayne Neeley, who said he rents the condo with McNair.

Aaron said Neeley told authorities he went into the condo, saw McNair on the sofa and Kazemi on the floor but walked first into the kitchen before going back into the living room, where he saw the blood. Neeley then called a friend, who alerted authorities. Police said a witness saw McNair arrive at the condo in the upscale Rutledge Hill neighborhood between 1:30 and 2 a.m. Saturday and that Kazemi’s vehicle was already there. The condominium is located within walking distance of an area filled with restaurants and nightspots, a few blocks from the Cumberland River and within view of the Titans’ stadium.

Two days ago, Nashville police arrested Kazemi on a DUI charge while driving a 2007 Escalade registered to her and McNair. McNair was in the front seat, but didn’t break the law and was allowed to leave by taxi.

The arrest affidavit said Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and the smell of alcohol on her breath, but refused a breathalyzer test, saying “she was not drunk, she was high.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-m...p&type=lgns

Like I said in another thread - An NFL player makes a lousy decision. Thats NOT new. Im sure all week we'll hear about what a great guy McNair was and all that BS. Apparently he was cheating on his wife with some skank and prolly picking up a bag of crack to boot.

Great, Steve. :thumbsup:

Like I said in another thread - An NFL player makes a lousy decision. Thats NOT new. Im sure all week we'll hear about what a great guy McNair was and all that BS. Apparently he was cheating on his wife with some skank and prolly picking up a bag of crack to boot.

Great, Steve. :mad:

stfu... McNair was a great guy.... and don't jump to conclusions until you hear the story

Several stories I have seen that the wife knew about the girl anyway.

She had a car registered to both her and McNair.

Im not going to judge the man for that...just to remember him for what he did on the field and in the community. We all have our faults...I don't agree with that part of his life...but won't condemn the man for it either.

Sad day in Nashville.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4306275

Nashville police say former NFL quarterback Steve McNair was shot multiple times and the 20-year-old woman found dead with him in a downtown condominium was shot once in the head. A pistol was found near her body...

Aaron ruled out the possibility of a murder-suicide, WSMV-TV, the NBC affiliate in Nashville reported.

Wait...he is shot multiple times, she has one gunshot to the head, the pistol is next to her...and NOW they are ruling out murder-suicide? :blink:

These police aren't the brightest. After cancelling their murder-suicide suspicions despite the seemingly obvious clues, they are now leaning that direction again.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair's death has been classified a homicide, but the death of Sahel Kazemi, the woman found alongside him in his downtown condominium, remains unclassified, Nashville police said.

Autopsies were conducted early Sunday, and McNair was found to have suffered four gunshot wounds -- two to the head, and two to the chest, police spokesman Don Aaron said during an afternoon news conference.

Kazemi, 20, had one gunshot wound, to the head, according to police. A semiautomatic pistol was found under her body later during processing of the crime scene, and there was no sign of forced entry, police said.

The only bad decision he made was focking a crazy chick. I'm all for tapping young ass on the side, especially if you are rich and famous. If the wife doesnt like it, take half and leave. You just have to look out for the obsessive ones.

I feel terrible for his sons though.

Hilarious to sift through this thread and see all the people calling him a "class act", only to find out he's cheating on his wife and four kids with some 20 year-old skank.

Yeah, class act. :blink:

Hilarious to sift through this thread and see all the people calling him a "class act", only to find out he's cheating on his wife and four kids with some 20 year-old skank.

Yeah, class act. :thumbsdown:

one mistake doesn't make someone a shitty person... Steve McNair was a class act... everyone makes mistakes.. thats why we are human... and who knows if that was really the case yet...

I agree with you Newbie :thumbsdown:

Since when has adultery become OK.

It's not my position to judge him, he can take that up with God.

one mistake doesn't make someone a shitty person

NO it doesn't, it just killed him.

Before everyone starts labeling him as a cheating husband it might be wise to let all the facts come out first. There are already reports that his marriage was on the rocks and a divorce was imminent. For all we know his wife knew he was out with this woman and they were on the outs anyways. She was in another state and not sitting at home waiting for him.

Relationships go bad all the time and it's ridiculous to speculate about the situation at this point. It's unfortunate he got involved with an unstable woman who most likely took his life. All the criticism of McNair may well be unwarranted and the outcome of this is a tragedy regardless if he was cheating or not. There are four children out there somewhere without a father tonight and another family somewhere mourning a daughter/sister's loss. RIP Steve

I don't label him a bad guy. For all we know the wife knew about his GF and the marriage was nearly over anyway. Even if it wasn't there are much worse things... For all the good he did in the community I wont label him a terrible guy because of this.

He didn't wake up in the morning and execute several dogs as far as I know.

Before everyone starts labeling him as a cheating husband it might be wise to let all the facts come out first. There are already reports that his marriage was on the rocks and a divorce was imminent. For all we know his wife knew he was out with this woman and they were on the outs anyways. She was in another state and not sitting at home waiting for him.

Relationships go bad all the time and it's ridiculous to speculate about the situation at this point. It's unfortunate he got involved with an unstable woman who most likely took his life. All the criticism of McNair may well be unwarranted and the outcome of this is a tragedy regardless if he was cheating or not. There are four children out there somewhere without a father tonight and another family somewhere mourning a daughter/sister's loss. RIP Steve

Kind of funny, you say don't "Label him as a cheating husband". You don't think we should speculate on whether or not he was a cheater.

Yet, you on to say "he got involved with an unstable woman who most likely took his life". That is speculation as well. Maybe she was a great person with very good stability in her life. A third party may have entered and shot them both. McNair's wife? The girls boyfriend? Who knows?

I'm not saying you said anything wrong, simply pointing out that we all speculate when things like this happen. Most of us speculate he was cheating. You speculate she was unstable. There is no difference.

McNair was a good guy for the most part who seems to have made the wrong decision.

Before everyone starts labeling him as a cheating husband it might be wise to let all the facts come out first. There are already reports that his marriage was on the rocks and a divorce was imminent.

Yeah, and I'll bet that the marriage suddenly became "On the rocks" as soon as he got his first taste of 20 year-old poontang.

I feel that somehow this has become a trial of McNair, about whether he still deserves his "good guy" status or not. Let's not forget that the crime here was murder, and McNair was a victim. Whatever transgression he may have made against his marriage vows, his actions did not warrant his end.

Yeah, and I'll bet that the marriage suddenly became "On the rocks" as soon as he got his first taste of 20 year-old poontang.

I sure would put my marriage on the rocks....woo hoo

I feel that somehow this has become a trial of McNair, about whether he still deserves his "good guy" status or not. Let's not forget that the crime here was murder, and McNair was a victim. Whatever transgression he may have made against his marriage vows, his actions did not warrant his end.

No one is saying he deserved to die, but let's put all the "class act" talk to rest, what say ye?

My brother has met Steve's wife on a number of occasions. She buys stuff at an outlet store he is in charge of.

He has said repeatedly that she is exceedingly nice/friendly.

No one is saying he deserved to die, but let's put all the "class act" talk to rest, what say ye?

Was he all class?

No...he was definitely flawed as far as faithfulness as a husband.

Was he a class act on the field in the only capacity 99% of the people on this board will ever know him? Yes.

Was he a class act in the community in the many number of things he did to help out? Yes.