Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Anthony Kim completely disses quadruple amputee at AT&T National yesterday

This guy lost both his hands and both his legs and one eye in the Iraq war. They had him sitting right before the 18th tee to greet the players.

Tiger walks by and gives the guy a nub bump and taps him on the back. 10 seconds later Anthony Kim looks at the guy like he's an alien and walks right on by with barely a head nod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz80R4ML3M0

Yea I was watching that live and was pretty suprised by that as well. AK is usually the one high-fiving fans during a tourney and Tiger is usually the one snubbing people. :dunno:

Yea I was watching that live and was pretty suprised by that as well. AK is usually the one high-fiving fans during a tourney and Tiger is usually the one snubbing people. :dunno:

I was watching it on DVR, I had to rewind it and record it. I figure this is something they won't be showing on the highlights. Notice none of the puzzy announcers call him out on it either? Ian Baker Finch says "atta boy tiger" for paying the kid some attention and not a word when Kim ignores the kid? Having him there was a such a big deal, they even wheeled him up 18 after the last group so he could get the applause.

Kinda think this is much adieu about nothing. Kim didn't look at him like an 'alien' to me; he looked more like it caught him a little off guard and he was unsure how to enteract with the guy more than anything else. This was Tiger's tournament and he more than likely knew the guy was gonna be there, Kim was walking and it looked like he wasn't quite sure what to do so he just kept walking. Little to much over-analyzing here.

:dunno:

• Like 1

he gave em a head nod.

nod = stump bump.

now that i think of it, kim is an oriental. should he have bowed.? or whipped out a habachi and served him some chicken?

i will be awaiting riceman's commentary.

I'm sure he meant no harm by it. He's probably like me...freaky people gross me out.

Kinda think this is much adieu about nothing. Kim didn't look at him like an 'alien' to me; he looked more like it caught him a little off guard and he was unsure how to enteract with the guy more than anything else. This was Tiger's tournament and he more than likely knew the guy was gonna be there, Kim was walking and it looked like he wasn't quite sure what to do so he just kept walking. Little to much over-analyzing here.

Kim was going out of his way to slap the hands of many of the fans that were leaning over the ropes on his walk to 18, all of a sudden he sees a head and a torso in a wheelchair and he walks on by? Why do you suppose the guy was on the inside of the ropes? hmmmmmm?

It's incredibly awkward trying to be social and a greet a quad amputee. No arms, no legs. What are you expected to do? Rub his belly? Tap his nose? Handjob?

It's a potentially embarrassing situation and that amputee deserves all of the blame in putting people in a position to look bad.

It's incredibly awkward trying to be social and a greet a quad amputee. No arms, no legs. What are you expected to do? Rub his belly? Tap his nose? Handjob?

It's a potentially embarrassing situation and that amputee deserves all of the blame in putting people in a position to look bad.

i say fock em. he volunteered for Iraq, he volunteered to have his limbs blow off

Kim was going out of his way to slap the hands of many of the fans that were leaning over the ropes on his walk to 18, all of a sudden he sees a head and a torso in a wheelchair and he walks on by? Why do you suppose the guy was on the inside of the ropes? hmmmmmm?

I'm going on the assumption that Kim didn't know a veteran amputee was wheeled up there for that purpose. If he knew he was there and walked by then that is a doosh move.

But if I didn't know and was walking up and high fiving some fans (if you look he quit doing that several people up anyway) and I saw this guy it might catch me a little off guard as well. :dunno:

I'm sure he meant no harm by it. He's probably like me...freaky people gross me out.

I am the same way actually, but when you're on national TV, you do the right thing and give the dude some love.

I met my girlfriend's grandfather a couple weeks ago for the 1st time and I shook his hand and I noticed he was missing some fingers. I didn't let go of his hand and say "ewwwwwww WTF is that??" I sucked it up and said nothing. Then after we left, I beat my gf senseless for not telling me her grandfather was missing a couple digits.

I'm going on the assumption that Kim didn't know a veteran amputee was wheeled up there for that purpose. If he knew he was there and walked by then that is a doosh move.

But if I didn't know and was walking up and high fiving some fans (if you look he quit doing that several people up anyway) and I saw this guy it might catch me a little off guard as well. :dunno:

Kim won the tournament last year, he knows why Tiger hosts the tournament. It's for war veterans and children. You can't tell me he hasn't seen this before. Surprised or not, he saw him in plenty of time to walk over and say something.

Well, Steve McNair wasn't high fiving any limb challenged folks yesterday either. I don't hear any hub-bub about that. :dunno:

Well, Steve McNair wasn't high fiving any limb challenged folks yesterday either. I don't hear any hub-bub about that. :dunno:

yes he was, in hell.

he gave em a head nod.

nod = stump bump.

now that i think of it, kim is an oriental. should he have bowed.? or whipped out a habachi and served him some chicken?

i will be awaiting riceman's commentary.

He should have done the honorable thing by cutting off his own limbs.

Is Anthony Kim, N.Korean or S.Korean? The answer shall tell me which stance I will take on this topic.

I met my girlfriend's grandfather a couple weeks ago for the 1st time and I shook his hand and I noticed he was missing some fingers. I didn't let go of his hand and say "ewwwwwww WTF is that??" I sucked it up and said nothing. Then after we left, I beat-off to her grandfather and the thought of him anally probing me with his lobster claw.

Is Anthony Kim, N.Korean or S.Korean? The answer shall tell me which stance I will take on this topic.

He was born in LA...

He was born in LA...

I was asking his heritage. I thought that was obvious.

I was asking his heritage. I thought that was obvious.

It was...

I was asking his heritage.

Asian? :dunno:

I heard he threw him in a water hazard and started calling him "Bob".

No, he tossed him on the ground and wiped his feet on him and called him "Matt"

I was going to call him a bouey, but I thought that would be over the line

Why not hang him on the wall and call him "Art"

I heard they hung him up by the back of his shirt on the clubhouse wall and called him "Art".

Why not hang him on the wall and call him "Art"

:pointstosky:

Bastard!!!

I used to have a girlfriend who was a quadruple amputee. I carried her around like a bowling ball.

:pointstosky:

Bastard!!!

Hey, you can still have:

He sat on him, took a crap in his mouth and called him "John"

I've been pondering this question but I have to say I'm stumped.

I knew I could count on you guys to come through and you didn't disappoint. :thumbsdown:

They put him in a pile of leaves and called him Russell.

It's that mob mentality thing. A joke is made about a Iraq war amputee and the followers walk lock step and try pile on. :thumbsdown:

They put him in a pile of leaves and called him Russell.

This one made me snort.