Sign in to follow this  
LOD01

Tardvaris Jackson may request trade

-- Tarvaris Jackson Might Request Trade --

Tue Jul 14, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that he's "been hearing talk" that QB Tarvaris Jackson might request a trade if and when the Minnesota Vikings sign QB Brett Favre.

LMAO. This POS actually thinks he holds some sort of bargaining power? Do the Vikings need a ham & cheese sandwich because that's way more than what this tard is worth.

-- Tarvaris Jackson Might Request Trade --

Tue Jul 14, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that he's "been hearing talk" that QB Tarvaris Jackson might request a trade if and when the Minnesota Vikings sign QB Brett Favre.

LMAO. This POS actually thinks he holds some sort of bargaining power? Do the Vikings need a ham & cheese sandwich because that's way more than what this tard is worth.

What a surprise!

His current team is actively looking for another QB and expect their 'QB of the future' to be happy about it?

This is even worse than the Denver situation because the team isn't even hiding the fact they are looking.

PS. I dont think hes actually their QB of the future, but thats what they have called him for some time.

maybe they could trade him for Vince Young.

:bench:

Both Qb's seem to want out.

Not a bad Idea. trade one problem for another?

something tells me the Titans wont be up for that. But I wouldnt be Surprised if the Vikes jumped at that deal if it were offered.

The Hamilton Tiger Cats could use a backup QB. Maybe he should give them a call.

The Hamilton Tiger Cats could use a backup QB. Maybe he should give them a call.

LOL

for one? or both?

What a surprise!

His current team is actively looking for another QB and expect their 'QB of the future' to be happy about it?

This is even worse than the Denver situation because the team isn't even hiding the fact they are looking.

PS. I dont think hes actually their QB of the future, but thats what they have called him for some time.

I thought this Favre thing was not disrupting the locker room?

T-Jack sucks... No one will take him off our hands.

I thought this Favre thing was not disrupting the locker room?

I would have thought that management's thoughts of Jackson being the QB of the future was disruption enough. :dunno:

Not a bad Idea. trade one problem for another?

something tells me the Titans wont be up for that. But I wouldnt be Surprised if the Vikes jumped at that deal if it were offered.

without looking at the contracts, i can pretty safely surmise one of these qbs really sucks but doesn't make a lot of dough (by nfl qb standards) and one of these qbs really sucks but makes a gross amount of money.

if you have to choose between two piles of shiat, choose the pile that doesn't cost as much.

I'm hoping Ted Thompson reads this thread. In a retaliatory counter move he will decide he must have Jackson. I then will personally pick up Jackson and drive him to Lambeau.

The only real difficult question is if Jackson has enough star power to wrestle the number 7 away from Jeremy Kapinos. It will be a serious tossup.

A few months ago when Farve began his Viking journey, I remember on the NFL Network they speculated then that MAYBE Jackson or Sage would POSSIBLY ask to be traded.

This is just media speculation and likely has no merit.

Why would the vikings even want to keep him?

you know if they sign Favre, Jackson is just going to sit in the corner and sulk.

Maybe thet can trade him to the UFL for a couple of pizzas and a six pack. :banana:

maybe they could trade him for Vince Young.

:banana:

Both Qb's seem to want out.

Umm...as a Titans season ticket holder...no thank you.

without looking at the contracts, i can pretty safely surmise one of these qbs really sucks but doesn't make a lot of dough (by nfl qb standards) and one of these qbs really sucks but makes a gross amount of money.

if you have to choose between two piles of shiat, choose the pile that doesn't cost as much.

I can also surmise that one of these QBs has a ridiculous amount of talent (though, he is dumber than...well...a lions fan).

What a surprise!

Im wondering how upsetting Tarvaris Jackson is worse than upsetting Jay Cutler?

I can also surmise that one of these QBs has a ridiculous amount of talent (though, he is dumber than...well...a lions fan).

Congrats! The titans have the black Ryan Leaf. Million dollar talent with a 5 cent head.

Congrats! The titans have the black Ryan Leaf. Million dollar talent with a 5 cent head.

They very well might...

The fact that the Vikings are even considering bringing in the 64 year-old Favre should tell Jackson what the management thinks of him. Of course he wants out.

But it also tells the other 31 GM's what his team thinks of him. I seriously doubt anyone would want him.

Don't let the door hit you in the way out.

(T-Jax) was never a locker room leader. How can it be a disruption? Without Farve, they'd still start Sage over T-jax and he'd sulk anyways.

Chris Perry might need someone to give him handoffs?

Someone needs to remind him of a few things. A. He sucks and would not start for any team in the ENTIRE league. And B. A superbowl ring as a backup still shines like the one the starter has.

The fact that the Vikings are even considering bringing in the 64 year-old Favre should tell Jackson what the management thinks of him. Of course he wants out.

But it also tells the other 31 GM's what his team thinks of him. I seriously doubt anyone would want him.

Not to mention they brought in Sage RosenFail to compete for the job as well.

- Not exactly a vote of confidence there.

So, Sage is going to make about 3.5M this year. TJ is going to make about $600K.

For the money, TJ's worth it to have a 3rd QB. But I believe he's in the last (or next to last) year of his contract. Can't see him being in minny much longer regardless. Seeing as how Favre is a question for the whole season, - and Sage ain't exactly predictable - It'd be worth it to keep this guy around.

So, Sage is going to make about 3.5M this year. TJ is going to make about $600K.

For the money, TJ's worth it to have a 3rd QB. But I believe he's in the last (or next to last) year of his contract. Can't see him being in minny much longer regardless. Seeing as how Favre is a question for the whole season, - and Sage ain't exactly predictable - It'd be worth it to keep this guy around.

I disagree. There have to be better 3rd string options. He sucks. I mean really. The best thing they could do is to convert him to WR or special teams and get a legit 3rd string QB that can actually lead a team in case of a real emergency. I mean if farve takes a hit that breaks him and Sage follows do you want TJ leading your team in a game? Its a what if but they play in the NFL against grown men that would love nothing more than to be known as the guy that broke sages spleen or ended farves career on a blindside sack.

I have much hate for TJ and for the vikes management the last few years. I have said it all along that the vikes are wasting AP's great years by not giving him a DECENT qb to take the pressure off. I have to think they did a good job this year and in my mind have a good shot at a superbowl. With farve or with Sage.

I disagree. There have to be better 3rd string options. He sucks. I mean really. The best thing they could do is to convert him to WR or special teams and get a legit 3rd string QB that can actually lead a team in case of a real emergency. I mean if farve takes a hit that breaks him and Sage follows do you want TJ leading your team in a game?

They're gonna have to do something. They got John David Booty as well. I assume they're hoping he's their actual long-term shot. Dunno if they'd put booty on the D team or just cut TJ straight out. Can't see them carrying 4 QB's this year. :rolleyes:

They're gonna have to do something. They got John David Booty as well. I assume they're hoping he's their actual long-term shot. Dunno if they'd put booty on the D team or just cut TJ straight out. Can't see them carrying 4 QB's this year. :rolleyes:

Im not gonna lie. I would offer jackson the shot to compete at a diff position and if he could not hack it enough I would cut him outright. 600k is not ###### and it would open up a spot for someone like JDB to get tutored by farve. I would feel better about Booty being out there right now over TJ. Im just saying he is not a NFL qb.

Im not gonna lie. I would offer jackson the shot to compete at a diff position and if he could not hack it enough I would cut him outright. 600k is not ###### and it would open up a spot for someone like JDB to get tutored by farve. I would feel better about Booty being out there right now over TJ. Im just saying he is not a NFL qb.

Favre's been really clear that he's not the mentor type.

No, he's just the selfish drama-queen type.

Favre's been really clear that he's not the mentor type.

No, he's just the selfish drama-queen type.

In his third year behind Favre, A. Rodgers finally got an opportunity to play against Dallas. After he threw his 1st NFL TD Favre did not even congratulate him. Not the mentor type is being kind.

In his third year behind Favre, A. Rodgers finally got an opportunity to play against Dallas. After he threw his 1st NFL TD Favre did not even congratulate him. Not the mentor type is being kind.

I'll give you that as being pretty chitty, but how many stud quarterbacks out there do you hear about mentoring their backups? I don't recall hearing about any guys like Manning, Young, or Marino mentoring their backups...

I could be totally wrong on that, but I'm just saying I haven't heard about it. At the same time, I think it would be pretty tough to try to bring along the guy you know the team wants to replace you with. Don't remember hearing about Majik Man doing anything special for Favre either.

I'll give you that as being pretty chitty, but how many stud quarterbacks out there do you hear about mentoring their backups? I don't recall hearing about any guys like Manning, Young, or Marino mentoring their backups...

I could be totally wrong on that, but I'm just saying I haven't heard about it. At the same time, I think it would be pretty tough to try to bring along the guy you know the team wants to replace you with. Don't remember hearing about Majik Man doing anything special for Favre either.

Kurt Warner was replaced by Matt Leinart in AZ. When Leinart threw a TD, Warner was the first one on the field to congratulate him. When he threw an Int Warner would take him aside and explain what he did wrong. I would not expect any QB to do this but that is an example of a Professional. I did not expect Favre to train Rodgers but a word of encouragement or advice is not asking too much. There is allot we don't know about Favre, some of the Jets players expressed their opinions last year, and many will be shocked to find out what a jerk he is.

Kurt Warner was replaced by Matt Leinart in AZ. When Leinart threw a TD, Warner was the first one on the field to congratulate him. When he threw an Int Warner would take him aside and explain what he did wrong. I would not expect any QB to do this but that is an example of a Professional. I did not expect Favre to train Rodgers but a word of encouragement or advice is not asking too much. There is allot we don't know about Favre, some of the Jets players expressed their opinions last year, and many will be shocked to find out what a jerk he is.

Kurt Warner is also a guy that considered quitting football because he threw a ball to Boldin that resulted in a horrific hit. I would say Warner's a good exception. Warner is also the guy that gather players after the game to say a prayer.

Kurt Warner is also a guy that considered quitting football because he threw a ball to Boldin that resulted in a horrific hit. I would say Warner's a good exception. Warner is also the guy that gather players after the game to say a prayer.

Yes he is and I think that is rather sad.

Warner and Favre are apples and oranges as far as egos go.

I hope Favre puts up another crap season and the Vikings go 6-10. Then Hutch knocks him out on the sidelines in week 17.

Was Favre even on the sidelines at the time?

And despite the one comment that it was not his job...there are numerous quotes out there from Rodgers on how much Favre helped him over the years...but the one quote got much more play.

Im wondering how upsetting Tarvaris Jackson is worse than upsetting Jay Cutler?

I was referring to the way the situation was handled. The quality of the player involved is irrelevant to my point.

I see where you are coming from and I guess getting a legitimate star upset is worse than getting a bum upset, but this particular bum may still end up being the starting QB if Farve does not sign, so some discretion wouldnt have been a bad idea.

Warner was able to put his ego aside for the good of the team.

Farve has Always been known as a man with a large ego. I wouldnt expect this from him.