Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round 11 -15 Commentary

went thru last few rnds couple times and pretty sure these guys weren't taken, but let me know if I'm wrong and will change.

originally targeting a rb here, but feel I have to shore up wr a bit more and actually want to see where he falls so went with Crayton; there's witten and roy there but crayton could be solid in this offense with Romo's gunsligh mentality. Not buying hype on other cowboy wr at this pt.

orton...jeez, I just WILLINGLY drafted orton. Well first off, with Rivers don't need much at b/up, so might as well go with a boom/bust guy. He could do nothing. But that team will be throwing alot with that defense and he has alot of weapons.

So as long as he sticks to throwing with his RIGHT hand could put up some numbers.

Curious on thoughts with this guy?

I'm not crazy about Crayton, but he's a solid pick at this point, and it really can't be knocked. I don't trust any Cowboy receiver not named Witten this year; even struggle to gauge Roy. The theory is that Romo will spread the ball more with TO gone, but I dunno. I'm not convinced on that, either.

Incidentally, understand that my opinions about Crayton are borne somewhat of bitterness. I owned him last year, and he was miserable despite countless opportunities, and was quickly relegated to the bench. But there were no excuses; he just couldn't get open.

I went with Mendenhall at 11.02

He is consistently being taken in the 9th round in pretty much every draft or mock I have been in this summer.

He is really an unknown, odds are that Parker comes in an asserts himself and will be the starter.....so long as health issues do not arise for him. Mendy might benefit from this over the season as well...

If Parker is used, and used heavily as pitt likes to do, then there is a decent chance that injury may bring Mendy back into the picture in a more profound manner, and given some extra time to get back into the flow of the game and the offense Mendy could be a late season bloomer for teams. Making him worth the gamble as a #4 RB

Orton? :huh:

Dooooood........come on now :doh:

That guy is pretty much undraftable, I am trying to figure out just who comes in to replace him as the starter right now....

At least Royal was taken in his proper round, some of the people over in the IBL were taking that guy WAY early.... :lol:

I went with Mendenhall at 11.02

He is consistently being taken in the 9th round in pretty much every draft or mock I have been in this summer.

He is really an unknown, odds are that Parker comes in an asserts himself and will be the starter.....so long as health issues do not arise for him. Mendy might benefit from this over the season as well...

If Parker is used, and used heavily as pitt likes to do, then there is a decent chance that injury may bring Mendy back into the picture in a more profound manner, and given some extra time to get back into the flow of the game and the offense Mendy could be a late season bloomer for teams. Making him worth the gamble as a #4 RB

M Moore has a definite role as the 3rd down back on this squad and he is one of the best at it. I see parker having early success, keeping mendy off of the field. Mendy needs parker to struggle or fall, and then he has to toughen up some himself.

M Moore has a definite role as the 3rd down back on this squad and he is one of the best at it. I see parker having early success, keeping mendy off of the field. Mendy needs parker to struggle or fall, and then he has to toughen up some himself.

Yeah, more or less this year is likely a quiet one for Mendy unless Parker falters in one way or another, and then he will need to show something special to draw FF attention.

Orton? :headbanger:

Dooooood........come on now :thumbsdown:

That guy is pretty much undraftable, I am trying to figure out just who comes in to replace him as the starter right now....

At least Royal was taken in his proper round, some of the people over in the IBL were taking that guy WAY early.... :headbanger:

Seriously you'd put him in undraftable category?

His ADP at FFCalculator is 11.5....hmmm.

Seriously you'd put him in undraftable category?

His ADP at FFCalculator is 11.5....hmmm.

Dont challenge "me" I will go chimp on you and eat your face off :thumbsdown:

But yeah, would not draft him at all....would rather have Shaun Hill than orton, JMHO

didn't look like he was drafted per the "picks by team" thread, so i'll grab Favre's new TE here.

11.07 - RB Kevin Faulk, NE

Kevin Faulk is probably the most underrated PPR running back. He catches 50 balls every year and gets 6-8 carries a game. He finished as a top 20 RB in PPR leagues last year and I don't see anything new in the New England running game that would indicate not repeating this year. Not someone I'd want to count on as a RB1/2 (or even 3), but just the kind of guy you want on your bench, if you're in a bind.

11.07 - RB Kevin Faulk, NE

Kevin Faulk is probably the most underrated PPR running back. He catches 50 balls every year and gets 6-8 carries a game. He finished as a top 20 RB in PPR leagues last year and I don't see anything new in the New England running game that would indicate not repeating this year. Not someone I'd want to count on as a RB1/2 (or even 3), but just the kind of guy you want on your bench, if you're in a bind.

i wouldn't argue against Faulk but the new thing in the Patriot run game is _______. They didn't lose any backs but added a very very solid veteran. And he can do it all, run catch block.

so while i think Faulk still gets his, thats an extra back to worry about touches.

lets give this mock some CPR

Rice: repick. Dan took the Ravens at 11.12

:unsure: It was necessary, in order to complete the irony. RLLD - takes Steelers. Dan - takes Ravens. :doublethumbsup:

:D It was necessary, in order to complete the irony. RLLD - takes Steelers. Dan - takes Ravens. :overhead:

:headbanger:

Someone just pick the best kicker available for me when it's my turn to pick. I'll be gone until sunday.

Someone just pick the best kicker available for me when it's my turn to pick. I'll be gone until sunday.

i say Mike just starts making some of these picks. There is no reason to be waiting half a day in the 13th round.

I probably could have taken Crabtree in the 15th, but whatever.

I have 2 picks left, a kicker and a Defense.

I would love some ANYONE in the draft to just pick the top available DT in the 14th and K in the 15th.

Thanks.

I'm down to a kicker and a D, so if I come OTC and I'm not here, give me the best remaining K according to fantasyfootballcalculator.com (besides Hartley).

:lol:

Sorry for the delay. I was interviewing a potential driver just as Mike was picking for . . . um . . . Mike.

Vikes, i see you already have 2 QB's... would you mind selecting Jake Delhomme for me after your pick in the interest of finishing this up?

Clash - You're 13.11 pick is RB Jerious Norwood, ATL. You're 14.02 is D/ST Tampa Bay because The Soloist already took the Giants defense in Round 12.

KSB, Nicks has already been taken. RC took him in the 11th.

Really? Damn that's early for him. I went back and looked at the last two rounds to see if he was picked. Didn't think to go back that far.

Clash - You're 13.11 pick is RB Jerious Norwood, ATL. You're 14.02 is D/ST Tampa Bay because The Soloist already took the Giants defense in Round 12.

:thumbsup:

Bringing the hammer DOWN!

Really? Damn that's early for him. I went back and looked at the last two rounds to see if he was picked. Didn't think to go back that far.

:thumbsup:

He wouldn't have lasted to this point, regardless. :dunno:

...and it looks like he is gonna really suck!

I swear I was checking in Mike, just got busy at work and didn't check aside from couple times this morning...I was ready with my kicker and def pick!

I swear I was checking in Mike, just got busy at work and didn't check aside from couple times this morning...I was ready with my kicker and def pick!

No worries, just trying to finish before the season starts. :cheers:

I been laid out sick, not the swine thing, sinus infarction from allergy snot buildup.... :shocking:

...and it looks like he is gonna really suck!

Dude, I'm a UNC fan and live down the road from Chapel Hill. I've watched Nicks since he was in high school. I'm on board trust me. Just didn't think you guys would draft him before the last couple rounds. :doublethumbsup:

I was targeting both Nicks and James Davis for rounds 13 and 14. Seems like somebody's been reading my threads on the manage board. :mad:

Dude, I'm a UNC fan and live down the road from Chapel Hill. I've watched Nicks since he was in high school. I'm on board trust me. Just didn't think you guys would draft him before the last couple rounds. :doublethumbsup:

I was targeting both Nicks and James Davis for rounds 13 and 14. Seems like somebody's been reading my threads on the manage board. :mad:

I am an advocate of Nicks, even though he really didn't do much against my Terps <_<

I am pretty sure he will emerge as a top flight WR at some point, he just needs some time as all WR's typically do. I managed to get him one of my dynasty leagues this year, and am very pleased to have done so..... he is a "TO-like" physical specimen without the psychotic episode issues.