Sign in to follow this  
vaddogg

10man vs 12man league

Im in a league that is going into it's fifth year. The last four we have had 10 teams. There is now talk of adding two more. In my opinion this would stretch the talent. Standard leauge non-PPR. (QB,3xWR,2xRB,W/R,TE,K,DEF). What are some opinions on 12 man leagues- too many? And if we did should we drop a WR slot? Thanks I'll forward all info onto the league.

it would stretch the talent only in your opinion :pointstosky:

12 teamers are the best, eliminating everyone having a stacked team

I like 14-team leagues the best! It makes you work a little harder to uncover the hidden gems of FF.

I dont play in leagues with anything less than 12 teams but 14 is better IMO.

I've played in 10 x 15 and 14 x 25. Right now I am in two 12 teams (x 15 and x 16).

10 is good for guppies, casual FFers who don't have adequate time to do research. Pretty much every starter is a star and its easy to find bye week fillers or injury replacements on the waiver wire. Nothing wrong with it. Heck, even 8 teamers are fun if its just a friends and family thing or the office cubicle crowd.

12 teamers is where the real separation between serious owners begins IMO.

I would never play in a 10 team league. The talent level is increased and the challenge is gone. It's like the Octomom; Having eighty fingers inside you doesn't make for a better work force or an even playing field. 60% have a real chance and the other 40% have no chance! :lol:

IM surprized your all saying 12-14. I like having big name players you still need to draft smart and be quick on FA to win. In a 12 man league with 6 W/R your starting players like Sammy Morris, Chester Taylor, Earnest Grahm. I dont know Id rather those guys be bench players

IM surprized your all saying 12-14. I like having big name players you still need to draft smart and be quick on FA to win. In a 12 man league with 6 W/R your starting players like Sammy Morris, Chester Taylor, Earnest Grahm. I dont know Id rather those guys be bench players

i dont know anyone starting any of those in 12 teamers

I'm piling on at this point but 10-team leagues make you feel warm and fuzzy about your team because it always looks stacked, it doesn't take as much skill/thought/luck/etc to make a great team. If you guys are casual about it and like having a bunch of studs then stick with 10. If you want to challenge yourselves and make it more involved then go with 12. I've never done 14 but I'm sure you can imagine it's just that much more of a challenge.

i play in 10 12 and 14 teamers and could just as easily say that 14 teamers make people think they are "experts" uncovering "hidden gems".

how many teams isn't nearly as important as the quality of owners. If you only have 10 teams but all of the owners are die hard football fans, the league is going to be competative. You may not have to draft Troy Williamson, but with sharp owners, you still need to make the best picks and get the best values.

but i do prefer 12 team leagues above all else.

how many teams isn't nearly as important as the quality of owners.

Not only this, but how many players to fill the starting lineup is a huge factor. A larger starting lineup (my main league does 2QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE) reduces the likelihood anyone gets a stacked team and adds to the challenge. Plus 10-teamers allow for a 2QB lineup which for those of you who haven't tried it, makes for a huge additional wrinkle in draft strategy and lineup decisions throughout the season.

The only benefit to a 10 Teamer is that if you lose a stud in the first couple of weeks you are not out of the money automatically. And I agree, it's not the size of the league but the quality of the owners.

only guys who are used to "small" are worried about quality over quantity

:shocking:

only guys who are used to "small" are worried about quality over quantity

:shocking:

:lol:

:fu:

Though I haven't played anything other than 12's for a long while, I see nothing wrong with an eight team league if that's what you and your buddies are into. Adding another couple of owners does not neccessarily add to the compeitiveness of a league.

I don't think you'd be starting guys on those level that much, but if you are concerned about it, consider dropping your flex slot or one of your WR slots. If you take a round or two off your benches as well, you can maintain the same size free agent pool as you had in your 10-team league.

Size of the league is less important than quality of owners, as everyone has said. If it'll be fun to play with the two new guys and they're your friends, bring them in. If not, just stay with 10. Different challenges for different leagues.

My oldest league is a 12 teamer- And we START 3 RBs every week.

Its different, and it's the way the league was set up years ago so we're all used to it.

I'm kommish of a 10 team league but last year we changed our starting lineup so that we have 10 players active on gameday.

1 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 D and 1K Plus a bench of 12 players allowed. So 22 players total.

So although it's only 10 owners we draft kinda deep. It was the most fun we have ever had last year out of our 18 years we have done this league.

But this one is a local league we all know eachother so that we can have a draft party and draft in person and hell I'm having problems finding a 10th person for this year let alone expanding to 12.

My son is in a 12, and 14 team leagues and says as a lot of you said it's more challeging for him. He likes those better.

For me I like a lot of scoring I think that is the fun part, so for me to have to START players that would normally be on the bench and otherwise only be used as a bye week fill in would be boring to me.

If I could find a 32 team, 53 round draft, I'd join in a heartbeat.

The leagues I've been in have steadily increased participation over the years, and I like the competition. I've now got two 16 teamers, one of which starts three WRs.

I figure rules are rules, the more friends involved, the better.