Sign in to follow this  
VaTerp

***Official Sunday Night Football Thread***

Ya know, I hate Al Harris more than most; I always have. With that said, that was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. :unsure:

Not to mention that the Bears had an illegal formation...

WOW, I wasnt expecting this kind of start from the Packers offense at all, especially with that flawless preaseason they've had.

Rodgers and Favre's stats are almost identical unless Rodgers gets a good two min drive going here. :cry:

I'll be adding Earl Bennett in all my leagues since I believe he'll be the new Eddie Royal, especially as the chemistry grows between the two.

HOW do you not call holding on that last play before the field goal? Got DVR? Back it up and look at the Bear player RIDING the back of the onrushing Packer player before Cutler tosses the ball OOB.

Even if the Bears win, they better get a lot better in the next few weeks for any playoff contention. They played (and coached) horribly tonight, which normally results in a loss.

Edit - a little credit to Bears defense.

Edit - I take it all back. They suck and now they're going to lose!

I swear to Christ, if he had missed that 2 point conversion, I would have been on the focking warpath. What the hell sense does it make to go for 2 there, except to risk focking over those who bet on teh Pakcers?!?!?!?

Anyway, good call, good play, AWFUL defense.

I swear to Christ, if he had missed that 2 point conversion, I would have been on the focking warpath. What the hell sense does it make to go for 2 there, except to risk focking over those who bet on teh Pakcers?!?!?!?

You have to go for two there. What good does a 5 point lead do you?

They were up by 4... Going for two puts them up by 3 FG or one TD without the extra point. 5 points gives you nothing.

Entertaining, but poorly played game.

Not surprising, since teams are scared sh*tless to play their starters much in the preseason, that when the games count they look like they aren't really ready.

What good does a 6 point lead do you?

Back at ya. What does a 6 point lead get you? You still lose to a TD and win if they get a FG. I don't get it.

Exactly, if you kick the extra point you're only up 5 and Bears automatically win with a TD. If you're up 6, at least you make the Bears either make an extra point or consider going for two and the win.

Oh man, couple of things:

1. I love me some Greg Jennings :pointstosky: ...that play turned a totally unwinnable week into a possibility.

2. If I lose by less than a couple of points this week, I'm probably going to have to do something drastic to Al Harris for showboating and not getting into the endzone. I don't have the GB defense, but because of our scoring system, him not getting in cost me 2 pts.

3. I need the San Diego Defense to freaking stonewall the Raiders tomorrow and Gates to do shiat!

* the Packers are revitalized on defense thanks to Dom Capers' new 3-4 scheme

* Aaron Rodgers can be rattled...their RT was a glaring weak spot on the O-line

* Ryan Grant is either a slow starter or just not what we expected this year

* Green Bay wideouts dropped way too many, including a long TD drop by Driver

* (PK) Mason Crosby has an Iron Leg, but his accuracy remains a question mark