Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Peyton Manning Shows Some Post Game Class

After watching Brady snub Suzy last week, before hesistantly stopping to give a uninspired post game interview (although I must admit that it was entertaining to watch Suzy loping down the field trying to get Brady to stop), it was refreshing to see a ultra-talented man with some class, not to metion a future hall of famer, give a humble yet insightful interview. Likely, Manning was no more interested in the interview than was Brady the week before........but he understands that post game interviews have been going on for decades, and is above embarassing himself, his team, the interviewer, or the league by pretending to ignore the little scarecrow chasing him down the field.

Hats off to Manning.......Grow up to Brady.

Who cares?

After watching Brady snub Suzy last week, before hesistantly stopping to give a uninspired post game interview (although I must admit that it was entertaining to watch Suzy loping down the field trying to get Brady to stop), it was refreshing to see a ultra-talented man with some class, not to metion a future hall of famer, give a humble yet insightful interview. Likely, Manning was no more interested in the interview than was Brady the week before........but he understands that post game interviews have been going on for decades, and is above embarassing himself, his team, the interviewer, or the league by pretending to ignore the little scarecrow chasing him down the field.

Who cares?

Gentleman, it has become plainly obvious to me that the above poster absolutely does not care about this topic. Whenever a conversation arises tonight or anytime in the future about people who did not care for this thread, I will be obliged to mention jkil22. Not to do so would be unfair, if not downright criminal, to a poster who does not care as much as he.

Good sir, I was merely placing query in this fine thread, taking a public opinion poll if you will. Tis it's time to rest my head, I'll be back in the parlor where thy pc lies after the c0ck crows and I have a chance to enjoy some tea to check on the results. Until then, let the voices soundoff while the question still remains: Who cares?

Gentleman, it has become plainly obvious to me that the above poster absolutely does not care about this topic. Whenever a conversation arises tonight or anytime in the future about people who did not care for this thread, I will be obliged to mention jkil22. Not to do so would be unfair, if not downright criminal, to a poster who does not care as much as he.

On point, thats how you connect with fans. Doing interviews and such when you are off the field. There is something upcoming athletes can learn as well. Its not just about taletn, but being humble and level headed earns you that much more respect.

I think it's unfair comparing these two and these situations ...

Manning won his game ... much easier to be classy

Brady lost a game to a team that talked SMACK publicly all freaking week ... of course he was going to take it hard.

Again, two completely different situations ... nothing to see here, let this thread die and move on ...

Good sir, I was merely placing query in this fine thread, taking a public opinion poll if you will. Tis it's time to rest my head, I'll be back in the parlor where thy pc lies after the c0ck crows and I have a chance to enjoy some tea to check on the results. Until then, let the voices soundoff while the question still remains: Who cares?

Thank you, sir, for your timely response. A wise man once said (although his name presently eludes me): "As a dog returns to his vomit, so does a poster to thread that he claims no interest in."

But back to the pressing question you so elequently proposed, and a timeless one indeed: Who Cares? I must admit that this question, though seemingly shallow, if not downright juvenile, on the surface to the untrained mind, could well be classified as a paradigm, surrounded by an enigma, resulting in a conundrum. Well, I suppose in a strictly general sense, if one is inclined toward or predisposed to religious pinings within the depths of his soul, he could say with doctrinal confidence that God cares. However, in a more specific sense, embodied within the confines of this thread, perhaps it is true that nobody cares about anything more than the weekly statisical output of his players, which I admit is of great satisfaction, but is blinded to the actual characters and moral fortitudes behind those Sunday stat machines. Assuredly, these things I notice and appreciate. When I witness guys like Manning or Warner enjoying success, yet seemingly humble and kind despite what must be an overwhelming temptation to give in to inflated ego, it is deserving of a nod of appreciation in my humble opinion.......which is what prompted this thread. Ironically, I was playing against Manning in a very important divisional game tonight, and he beat me. Nevertheless, I appreciated his postgame integrity, particularly compared to the likes of Brady last week, and felt compelled to make note of it.

Who Cares? Well, perhaps nobody.......except you and me, sir.

Enjoy your tea.

I think it's unfair comparing these two and these situations ...

Manning won his game ... much easier to be classy

Brady lost a game to a team that talked SMACK publicly all freaking week ... of course he was going to take it hard.

Again, two completely different situations ... nothing to see here, let this thread die and move on ...

Actually, Mr. Rizzo, or Dallas Empire, or whomever.......your accusation against me of comparing apples to oranges is utterly unfounded. Might I suggest that, perhaps, you cleaned the filter of your crack pipe a little to well this fine evening. Mr. Brady, in reference to the Monday Night post game interview in question, won that game against Buffalo.....in amazing fashion no less, with a couple of TD tosses to Watson in the final minutes of play.

Indeed, the two situations are, in reality, strikingly similar.

Actually, Mr. Rizzo, or Dallas Empire, or whomever.......your accusation against me of comparing apples to oranges is utterly unfounded. Might I suggest that, perhaps, you cleaned the filter of your crack pipe a little to well this fine evening. Mr. Brady, in reference to the Monday Night post game interview in question, won that game against Oakland.....in amazing fashion no less, with a couple of TD tosses to Watson in the final minutes of play.

Here here. Well said good sir.

Actually, Mr. Rizzo, or Dallas Empire, or whomever.......your accusation against me of comparing apples to oranges is utterly unfounded. Might I suggest that, perhaps, you cleaned the filter of your crack pipe a little to well this fine evening. Mr. Brady, in reference to the Monday Night post game interview in question, won that game against Oakland.....in amazing fashion no less, with a couple of TD tosses to Watson in the final minutes of play.

Shucks, and you were so close to completely correcting him.

Here's what happened (not directed to you, but to everyone else):

1. Patriots and Brady lead a great comeback win against Buffalo.

2. Brady starts jogging to the locker room after the game.

3. Suzy tries to chase him down to answer stupid questions (such gems as "How does it feel to lead such a dramatic comeback win?")

4. Brady tells her repeatedly that he's going into the locker room to be with his team.

5. Suzy ignores him, and continues to keep pace like a paparazzo on Sunset Blvd.

Brady did nothing wrong. You want to talk to him, they set aside time for a post-game press conference after the game. Hell, go hound him in the locker room. But I don't see why he has to stay on the field for 10-15 extra minutes, answering every question from any third rate sideline hack with a microphone. Especially when they're asking stupid focking questions.

Besides, does anyone really care what Brady would say, anyway? Or Manning, for that matter? Any groundbreaking information? Do you really have a higher opinion of Manning because he took the time to talk, and a lower opinion of Brady because he didn't want to? Really?

Who cares?

Shucks, and you were so close to completely correcting him.

Here's what happened (not directed to you, but to everyone else):

1. Patriots and Brady lead a great comeback win against Buffalo.

2. Brady starts jogging to the locker room after the game.

3. Suzy tries to chase him down to answer stupid questions (such gems as "How does it feel to lead such a dramatic comeback win?")

4. Brady tells her repeatedly that he's going into the locker room to be with his team.

5. Suzy ignores him, and continues to keep pace like a paparazzo on Sunset Blvd.

Brady did nothing wrong. You want to talk to him, they set aside time for a post-game press conference after the game. Hell, go hound him in the locker room. But I don't see why he has to stay on the field for 10-15 extra minutes, answering every question from any third rate sideline hack with a microphone. Especially when they're asking stupid focking questions.

Besides, does anyone really care what Brady would say, anyway? Or Manning, for that matter? Any groundbreaking information? Do you really have a higher opinion of Manning because he took the time to talk, and a lower opinion of Brady because he didn't want to? Really?

Exactly. :unsure:

It has become fashionable (still) to get on the Patriots about everything that happens. Get over it. There is such hypocrisy in all of these posts.

BTW - when did this place become civil? Take your civility somewhere else.

I like Peyton M. a lot better than Tom B. but they ALL have their moments.

When Peyton lost the 2005 playoff game to the Steelers (the one with the Bettis fumble/Big Ben tackle) he basically threw his O-line under the bus saying they 'had coverage issues'.

I love that Big Ben is the QB for the Steelers but he's said some things that make me dislike him at times. :unsure:

I like Peyton M. a lot better than Tom B. but they ALL have their moments.

When Peyton lost the 2005 playoff game to the Steelers (the one with the Bettis fumble/Big Ben tackle) he basically threw his O-line under the bus saying they 'had coverage issues'.

I love that Big Ben is the QB for the Steelers but he's said some things that make me dislike him at times. :unsure:

Exactly. Peyton did have a better SNL appearance than Tom as well.

People expressing opinions on a forum......the world is good.... :unsure:

You guys are too damn TMZ at time times... Since I am more NFL, I second the "Who cares".

Yup, "Who Cares"

These interviews are so insightful.

Besides, don't we hear Peyton talking enough during all of the commercial breaks? Who really wants to listen to him some more after the game?

Besides, don't we hear Peyton talking enough during all of the commercial breaks? Who really wants to listen to him some more after the game?

:unsure:

Jesus, can people's obsession with the Pats get anymore pathetic? Really, this is the big complaint; that our QB isn't as nice as Peyton Manning. However will Pats fans sleep tonight? :dunno:

:thumbsup:

Biggest media whoore on the planet. Peyton could be running to catch a child falling from a burning building and he'd stop to give an interview, if he thought it might earn him a few endorsement bucks somewhere down the line.

100% true. Thats why everryone NOT living in Taxachussettes feels that Manning is the better QB and the better person. Bradys 3 rings have clouds of cheating hanging over them along with team MVP Adam Vinatieri coming to the rescue. Manning, on the other hand is the main reason his team won their SB and will prolly win others. From a pure QB perspective, Manning is the better player. From a "human being" perspective, Manning is hands-down the more likeable and higher quality person.

When the Giants did the world a favor two years ago and beat the dreaded Pats, the whole world rejoiced. The wicked witch was dead. It was the most important event in the history of sports. Best thing ever. I bring this up because if Manning and the Colts were the undefeated team the world would have been rooting FOR the Colts to go 19-0. Thats the difference.

:overhead:

Biggest media whoore on the planet. Peyton could be running to catch a child falling from a burning building and he'd stop to give an interview, if he thought it might earn him a few endorsement bucks somewhere down the line.

If you only had such earning power.

Are you really that obsessed with Peyton? :first:

Peyton is all class, and he does the GLBT community proud. After he retires and comes out, he will be an awesome role model for all you guys that love him.

Peyton is all class, and he does the GLBT community proud. After he retires and comes out, he will be an awesome role model for all you guys that love him.

If you had Gisele waiting for you at home, would you be interested in doing post-game field interviews?

If you only had such earning power.

Powerful retort there. You should make that your sig. :overhead:

Are you really that obsessed with Peyton? :first:

I'm not remotely obsessed with him, as evidenced by the fact that I don't start moronic threads on inane topics like comparing he and Brady's approach to annoying on field reporters. HTH.

The original poster nailed it.

It doesn't matter that Suzy Kolber asks moronic questions. She works for one of the TV networks that pumps obscene amounts of money into the NFL, which is why Brady himself can make obscene amounts of money. If stopping to answer two or three B.S. questions is so painful, maybe he should give some of his money back.

This isn't the first time that Brady has proven to be an arrogant jerk. Remember, "We're only going to score 17 points? Ha Ha. O.K."? Remember refusing to shake Eli's hand before the SuperBowl. Peyton has more class in his little finger.

By the way, I heard that when they asked Brady why he didn't talk to Suzy he said, "Talk is cheap".

100% true. Thats why everryone NOT living in Taxachussettes feels that Manning is the better QB and the better person. Bradys 3 rings have clouds of cheating hanging over them along with team MVP Adam Vinatieri coming to the rescue. Manning, on the other hand is the main reason his team won their SB and will prolly win others. From a pure QB perspective, Manning is the better player. From a "human being" perspective, Manning is hands-down the more likeable and higher quality person.

When the Giants did the world a favor two years ago and beat the dreaded Pats, the whole world rejoiced. The wicked witch was dead. It was the most important event in the history of sports. Best thing ever. I bring this up because if Manning and the Colts were the undefeated team the world would have been rooting FOR the Colts to go 19-0. Thats the difference.

:thumbsup:

Finally, a correct answer B)

Bradys 3 rings have clouds of cheating hanging over them along with team MVP Adam Vinatieri coming to the rescue. Manning, on the other hand is the main reason his team won their SB and will prolly win others.

This is such a load of crap. Brady's average QB rating for his four Superbowls is almost 20 points higher than Manning. His individual ratings in every game - including the supposed offensive debacle against the Giants - were higher than Manning's one as well. He has on average thrown for more yards, more TDs, and fewer interceptions than Manning. He has also never gotten the benefit of 190 yards rushing in a game, five turnovers in a game, or FOUR Vinatieri field goals in a game, the way Manning did. In fact in the Carolina game Vinatieri missed a 31 yarder and had another attempt blocked.

The original poster nailed it.

It doesn't matter that Suzy Kolber asks moronic questions. She works for one of the TV networks that pumps obscene amounts of money into the NFL, which is why Brady himself can make obscene amounts of money. If stopping to answer two or three B.S. questions is so painful, maybe he should give some of his money back.

This isn't the first time that Brady has proven to be an arrogant jerk. Remember, "We're only going to score 17 points? Ha Ha. O.K."? Remember refusing to shake Eli's hand before the SuperBowl. Peyton has more class in his little finger.

By the way, I heard that when they asked Brady why he didn't talk to Suzy he said, "Talk is cheap".

Yes but I look at Suzy Kolber as taking out of the pie, not adding to it. The NFL has become a circus and will eventually suffer from over exposure. Does anyone remember when MNF was a big deal? Now it is just the last game of the weekend that we have to wait for before we know the final results of our FF games. The NFL and the media are going to milk this cash cow until it is dead and it sounds like there are still allot of people waiting to get all they can. I hope you all enjoy watching these players answer stupid questions.

When has anything relevant come from the on field post game interviews?

When has anything relevant come from the on field post game interviews?

It wasn't post game, but Joe Namath almost came in his interview with Suzy Kolber. :thumbsup:

On-field post-game interviews are ridiculously dumb. Anyone who spends any percentage of their day worrying about Brady preferring to be with his team after a win instead of being stalked by Suzy Kolber seriously needs to chill out.