Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

How do I kill my dying fish?

it's over 2 1/2 years old, not eating, floating all day long at the top of the tank on its side, each day it's much worse.

Flush down the toilet - 2 minutes of hell - - fish doesn't deserve this

Boil pot of water - dies instantly

let it die naturally in its tank - a long, horrible death

It's a fish. It's not like it would save you if your house was burning down.

If it doesn't fit down the toilet, throw it in the trash.

Even if it doesn't fit in the toilet, I'm sure it will eventually find "fish heaven".

I boiled a pot of water - - He flipped for about a second - game over - it was a good fish

I boiled a pot of water - - He flipped for about a second - game over - it was a good fish

DUDE :thumbsdown:

He at least had some morbid chance of surviving going down to the sewers. You only risked him seeking vengeance as a mutated monstrosity in the future. Boiled alive!? That's torture!

DUDE :thumbsdown:

He at least had some morbid chance of surviving going down to the sewers. You only risked him seeking vengeance as a mutated monstrosity in the future. Boiled alive!? That's torture!

imagine how scared that fishes little mind would've been going down the toilet water. He can't swim anymore - it was game over

i loved my beta fish. i swear it was so intelligent. it makes me sad to think about him. he used to jump up out the water every day when i would come home. i'm serious. sadly, he kept getting infections and nothing i did improved him. he died an awful death.

did you eat him?

no, most of his skin was gone.

i loved my beta fish. i swear it was so intelligent. it makes me sad to think about him. he used to jump up out the water every day when i would come home. i'm serious. sadly, he kept getting infections and nothing i did improved him. he died an awful death.

they are so good looking and low maintenance - - not a better fish out there IMO

time to buy two more from the pet store - - I hate to see them living in those little cups or plastic bags. I will give two of those little fellas a better life :thumbsdown:

I will give two of those little fellas a better life :banana:

Except for that part where they get boiled alive.

PS - Just before they die they look like this: :banana:

Except for that part where they get boiled alive.

PS - Just before they die they look like this: :banana:

I just pulled the plug.....and it took less time

Beta fish will be praising me in fish heaven for my kindliness :emoticonpraying:

Beer batter and hot oil would have been the proper way to proceed :thumbsdown:

i swear it was so much more intelligent than me.

:thumbsdown:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Thougths and Prayers.

The most humane way to put down a fish is to put it in a container with water and put it in the freezer.

FYI

The most humane way to put down a fish is to put it in a container with water and put it in the freezer.

FYI

:music_guitarred:

Fillet knife :doublethumbsup:

I think it would have been pretty funny to take him to the vet and ask that he be put to sleep. Tell them you'd do it yourself but you can't afford to go down like Vick.

Also, Betas are pretty cool.

Staple it to a wall mount. Attach a car battery. Either than son of a b!tch learns how to sing or it explodes.

Sew eyelids onto that unblinking focker. Watch as the fish swims into the walls of your tank headfirst over and over and dies from blunt trauma.

Put it inside a moist envelope and deposit into the night delivery slot of Pepperidge Farms.

FYI

A slow, but very interesting tactic. Then you could take the ice cube to a very expensive restaurant and get your meal for free!

STRANGE BREW

This is from Posty's link - I think we have a winner

I could not believe some of those dumb azzs ways - are they serious?

Snapping the Neck

Some people effectively snap the neck by hitting the fish over a hard surface or on the kitchen counter (covering the fish in a plastic bag first). Given that decapitation would be a more certain way of severing the neck, decapitation is a preferred method over "snapping" the neck.

This is from Posty's link - I think we have a winner

I could not believe some of those dumb azzs ways - are they serious?

Snapping the Neck

Some people effectively snap the neck by hitting the fish over a hard surface or on the kitchen counter (covering the fish in a plastic bag first). Given that decapitation would be a more certain way of severing the neck, decapitation is a preferred method over "snapping" the neck.

This reminds me of the way Mr. Bean killed his anchovies in "The Curse of Mr. Bean"...

Make him read a bunch of naomi's posts. :doublethumbsup:

Has anyone actually ever finished reading one of her posts? I don't think I've ever made it past the second sentence.

Years ago our family cat had to be put down; the kids were sad but quickly recovered. We then got a fish, betta or tetra or whateverthefock, little thing. Within a few weeks it croaked. I figured that being the wubbing dad I am, we could bury it in the back yard. Fayle. You'd have thought the kids' mom had died or something, they were so incosolable. :shocking:

Years ago our family cat had to be put down; the kids were sad but quickly recovered. We then got a fish, betta or tetra or whateverthefock, little thing. Within a few weeks it croaked. I figured that being the wubbing dad I am, we could bury it in the back yard. Fayle. You'd have thought the kids' mom had died or something, they were so incosolable. :(

I'm glad I didn't raise my kids to be focking poosays. My boys are 3 and 5 and they are already asking me...Dad when are you going to go shoot a deer so we can eat it. :shocking:

I'm glad I didn't raise my kids to be focking poosays. My boys are 3 and 5 and they are already asking me...Dad when are you going to go shoot a deer so we can eat it. :unsure:

exactly - my son wants to blast any and every deer. Who cares if the fawns are with her.

Years ago our family cat had to be put down; the kids were sad but quickly recovered. We then got a fish, betta or tetra or whateverthefock, little thing. Within a few weeks it croaked. I figured that being the wubbing dad I am, we could bury it in the back yard. Fayle. You'd have thought the kids' mom had died or something, they were so incosolable. :banana:

my baby girl (4) - was ready for the fish do die - - she wants to pick out her own :unsure:

Kinda brings back bad memories. When I was like seven we had a litter of kittens running around the house. My mom was trying to avoid stepping one when another ran under her foot. She landed on his neck and it just started spinning in circles on the floor with it's head as the pivot. It wouldn't die either. My Uncle happened to be outside working so we brought it to him and he finished it off with a shovel. :music_guitarred:

I think Phillybear just came.