Sign in to follow this  
yostevo

Are Brees owners considering other options this week?

Two straight weeks without a TD and now he faces the #1 pass defense in the league. What is really telling about that ranking is that the Jints have been up big against teams who would have been passing to get back into the game and yet still they couldn't pass even in garbage time apparently. I realize the Jints have a soft schedule thus far but dayum....

I just might play Warner vs. Seattle

(Dynasty league)

Brees has one of the best work ethics in the league. It has been said that he spends as much time in the film room as any QB ever has.

Look at Brees past numbers after he has come off a bye week, his average yardage is closer to 400 than to 300, this even though he played baltimore when they had a stud defense, carolina last season when they were 13-3 based on defense, etc.

I have brees in a couple leagues, and i am starting him with confidence.

I'm going against Brees this week. Though I feel confident he won't go crazy against the Giants, I'm anticipating around 300 yards and a couple of scores. Hopefully I'm wrong....but I think the Saints will have more success through the air than the ground....especially if Pierre is gimpy.

It's not like you're sacrificing that much by starting Warner....but all things being equal, I'd rather start the guy playing at home coming off a bye.

Warner @ Seattle is a decent option, but I still don't think you sit Brees.

This will be the first true test of a Giants secondary that was nothing special last year AND is still without Ross, their best player. NY is really banged up on the defensive side of the ball.

Look at teams coming off the bye. It's amazing that, even just 5-6 weeks into the season, that week of extra rest and preparation makes such a difference.

The Giants have beaten everyone they've faced, and that's all you can ask. But their wins are against Tampa Bay, Washington, dal, KC and Oakland. Only dal has any passing offense among that bunch, and NY won but gave up 31 pts.

I think New Orleans will win this game, and Brees will put up strong numbers. I'm starting him with confidence.

Warner @ Seattle is a decent option, but I still don't think you sit Brees.

This will be the first true test of a Giants secondary that was nothing special last year AND is still without Ross, their best player. NY is really banged up on the defensive side of the ball.

Look at teams coming off the bye. It's amazing that, even just 5-6 weeks into the season, that week of extra rest and preparation makes such a difference.

The Giants have beaten everyone they've faced, and that's all you can ask. But their wins are against Tampa Bay, Washington, dal, KC and Oakland. Only dal has any passing offense among that bunch, and NY won but gave up 31 pts.

I think New Orleans will win this game, and Brees will put up strong numbers. I'm starting him with confidence.

The Saints have been the exception to the bye week help. They are 0-3 in the last 3 years in games after a bye week. I will still be starting Brees because I didn't draft him ealry to ever sit him. I think it's going to be a really good game and I'm excited to see how everything plays out.

The Saints have been the exception to the bye week help. They are 0-3 in the last 3 years in games after a bye week. I will still be starting Brees because I didn't draft him ealry to ever sit him. I think it's going to be a really good game and I'm excited to see how everything plays out.

Yeah, but did you look at Brees stats in those 3 games?

Actually they're 1-2. Lost @ Atlanta in 2008; vs Carolina in '07; won @ Cleveland in '06

Traditionally, late season byes have a bigger impact than those in weeks 4-5. This season (though it's a small sample size) teams coming off the bye are 4-0.

Of the 4, Philly, Atlanta and Carolina had as good a performance as they have all season.

I think you have to go with Brees, unless you have another really, really good option. I'm in the same situation, but on the flip side of it. I have to start the NYG D. I don't really think its a promising matchup, but you have to play your studs right?

remember "never bench stephen davis"

Actually they're 1-2. Lost @ Atlanta in 2008; vs Carolina in '07; won @ Cleveland in '06

Traditionally, late season byes have a bigger impact than those in weeks 4-5. This season (though it's a small sample size) teams coming off the bye are 4-0.

Of the 4, Philly, Atlanta and Carolina had as good a performance as they have all season.

In 06 they actually lost to baltimore after the bye.

Brees still had 383 yards 3 TD's 3 picks, even though Baltimore finished the year with the #1 overall defense and the #6 passing defense.

My bad. The Saints are 0-3 the last 3 years off the bye. They lost in '06 to Baltimore.

Brees stats those three years?

2008: 31/58 422 yds 2 TD

2007: 29/47 252 yds 0 TD

2006: 24/45 383 yds 3 TD

In my main money league I believe my opponent this week is sitting Brees for Schaub...and right now I'm probably gonna sit Rivers for Hasselbeck. Interesting that 2 backups could be facing off this week.

Who have the Giants faced this year that have an offense like the Saints? Or defense? Washington, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, and Oakland. And the Giants have a lot of injuries on both sides of the ball. Start Brees with confidence. If the Saints are down early, Payton will abandon the run and count on Brees and company to air it out. Coach Payton abandons the run when down by three points. The Saints haven't trailed one minute in any game this year. He is able to run the ball because of this. I'm hoping for a good old fashioned shootout.

Well I dont and Im a Seahawks fan.

To each their own though...

I am a Giants fan and I think Brees will do well (300 yards 2 td's). I just think Hasselbeck will do even better against a weak Arizona defense. I also have Brees and Hasselbeck.

I'm starting to reconsider the Warner for Brees substitution.

Brees indoors vs any defense is pretty lethal.

Warner outdoors vs any defense can be a crapshoot. Factor in some shaky Seattle weather and I believe he's not as good of a start in reality then on paper.

Why would you ever sit Drew Brees?

Uhhh - see the last 2 games he played. It likely cost owners 2 losses. Lowest points in those 2 games than anyother starting QB, J Russell notwithstanding.

I don't have Brees, but I do have Colston and I'm starting him despite the tough matchup. I may get burned, but I have to take my chances.

My bad. The Saints are 0-3 the last 3 years off the bye. They lost in '06 to Baltimore.

Brees stats those three years?

2008: 31/58 422 yds 2 TD

2007: 29/47 252 yds 0 TD

2006: 24/45 383 yds 3 TD

You can't start a guy that is capable of producing a stinker like that coming off a bye.

Brees and the Saints are going to light up the G-Men.Like others have said,look at their first 5 opponents and it's no wonder they're the #1 pass defense.Hell you could make an argument that the last 3(Bucs,Chiefs,Raiders) don't equal the firepower of the Saints combined.

Call it a hunch or just a desperate owner needing a wr to step-up but I'm going as far as finally starting a player who's been on my bench all season and who will be back on Brees' radar.

Welcome back....

Lance Moore :doublethumbsup:

I don't have Brees, but I do have Colston and I'm starting him despite the tough matchup. I may get burned, but I have to take my chances.

I'm actually benching Colston for Mike Sims Walker and Steve Smith (CAR) currently.

Brees and the Saints are going to light up the G-Men.Like others have said,look at their first 5 opponents and it's no wonder they're the #1 pass defense.Hell you could make an argument that the last 3(Bucs,Chiefs,Raiders) don't equal the firepower of the Saints combined.

Call it a hunch or just a desperate owner needing a wr to step-up but I'm going as far as finally starting a player who's been on my bench all season and who will be back on Brees' radar.

Welcome back....

Lance Moore :pointstosky:

:shocking: :pointstosky:

You should never consider benching Brees when he's at home in the dome. He screws up at times when he's on the road but he's unstoppable at home.

I considered sitting him for Hasselbeck for about half a second....good thing I didn't try to think too much into it

Stupid ESPN projections projected Hasselbeck for like twice as many points as Brees

Well I resisted the temptation to play Warner over Brees and it looked like I was going to win going away until focking Brady went bonkers. :dunno:

i love peoples predictions.. gotta suck when you bench colston for some of those guys..

i bet no one benches brees, colston anymore..hahah

couple guys nailed it spot on though..

from CBS:

The last word: Drew Brees was only started in 85 percent of CBSSports.com leagues Sunday, which is a surprise. That's a quarterback that you should never bench, no matter the matchup. Brees passed for 369 yards and four touchdowns against the Giants, who were ranked No. 1 in pass defense coming into the game. And Brees was coming off two games without a touchdown pass. So what. Never bench Brees. Unless you own Brees and Tom Brady or Brees and Peyton Manning, there's no one on your roster who is a better Fantasy quarterback. He should start every week.

are there really 15% of Brees owners in CBS that really benched him :doublethumbsup: Seriously what kind of CRACK were some of these people smokin?????? if you did bench Brees i would not actually admit it here :doublethumbsup:

from CBS:

are there really 15% of Brees owners in CBS that really benched him :pointstosky: Seriously what kind of CRACK were some of these people smokin?????? if you did bench Brees i would not actually admit it here :music_guitarred:

Amazing. Paralysis by analysis.