Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Tony Romo has won 6 of 16 December starts

again, this sounds good, but doesn't really pan out when you look at the drive charts. in both of the recent losses, his performance was outstanding (100+ QBR) before trash time. so while your assertion is factually correct, it doesn't affect the point that he played exceptionally well, but didn't get any help from the rest of the team.

and even if he is a pimp alias, psycho's point re: witten in the red zone is a good one.

Witten is arguably the best te in the league. He has one Td all year. Any team not using this guy to destroy people in the redzone is dumb. Look at the dallas offense rank based on yards. it is top 4. Now look at the rank based on ppg. It is ranked 13th. This clearly shows a team good between the 20's but prone to stalling in the redzone. When MBIIi and witten are not utilized this is the result. Losing close games when your two stud redzone guys are contained and underutilized. The december slides as they are called are due to the dallas coaches. Romo is being labeled here and falsely.

what has mcnabb done in the superbowl and nfc title games? Here is a hint..........1-4 and 0-1.

Now add all of McNabb's December and playoff games to those stats. You'll get the picture. :dunno:

No sense bringing up Championship and Super Bowl games when we're discussing a guy who hasn't even won a wild card game yet and is 5 out of 15 in December starts. It's like defending a little league player by saying a major leaguer necver made the all-star game. Whole different league.

Maybe Romo will be excellent in championship games someday. He's going to have to win more than 33% of his big games to ever know. :overhead:

Newbie- Every game is a big game. How do you explain peyton winning last week while throwing 3 picks? Romo lead the cowboys down the field at Seattle in that playoff game to lead, he botched the snap, can't label him a choker cuz he botched the snap. If Romo and Mcnabb were switched, their december records would be about the same. Wade Phillips makes Andy Reid look like Vince Lombardi. Either way, when Jerry Jones decides to let go of some of the GM duties and hire a shanahan or cower type coach, Dallas won't get it done, as much as I hate to say it. I'm a Romo fan, and his stats are so much better than brady's and mannings through their first 3 years as a starter. He is 28, but remember, this is his 3rd year as a starting qb. He's like 33-16 as a starter. Sure he's 0-2 in playoff games, but it's not because of him. He lost to the super bowl champions and a seahawks team that lost in the super bowl. I'll take Romo over every qb in the league except brees, brady, peyton, rivers, and rodgers. That's it. Eli sucks, their defense and running game were so much better than the cowboys 2 years ago. Only other guy I would probably take over Romo is Big Ben, but a case could easily be made that if the roles were switched, Romo would have atleast one ring with the steelers. The steelers organization make the cowboys look like a pee wee league team.

what has mcnabb done in the superbowl and nfc title games? Here is a hint..........1-4 and 0-1.

I've never seen a Pats fan so vehemently defend the Cowboys in all my life :lol:

I've never seen a Pats fan so vehemently defend the Cowboys in all my life :lol:

Maybe the focking retard forgot his DallasEmpire, Tony HomoDomination, and Pimpdaddy passwords.

Now add all of McNabb's December and playoff games to those stats. You'll get the picture. :doublethumbsup:

No sense bringing up Championship and Super Bowl games when we're discussing a guy who hasn't even won a wild card game yet and is 5 out of 15 in December starts. It's like defending a little league player by saying a major leaguer necver made the all-star game. Whole different league.

Maybe Romo will be excellent in championship games someday. He's going to have to win more than 33% of his big games to ever know. :pointstosky:

Bada Boooooom. I knew some little squirrely unemployed focker would point out how "McNabb has won playoff games..." LOL.

So then what? LOL. Big flipping deal. What did it get them? Oh...wait...now I remember....playoff games are the EQUIVALENT of a SB to the Eagles....Pfffft...lol. When you know for a fact your team has NO chance....NONE....of winning a SB...you have to focus on the sh#t that doesn't matter.

Must suck to have the Cowboys be in your head all the time.

Bada Boooooom. I knew some little squirrely unemployed focker would point out how "McNabb has won playoff games..." LOL.

So then what? LOL. Big flipping deal. What did it get them? Oh...wait...now I remember....playoff games are the EQUIVALENT of a SB to the Eagles....Pfffft...lol. When you know for a fact your team has NO chance....NONE....of winning a SB...you have to focus on the sh#t that doesn't matter.

:music_guitarred:

:music_guitarred:

I have no love lost for the Iggles, but I would say, with all honesty, that their chances of winning a SB are infinitely greater than those of the Cowboys. I would also say that over last 10 yrs their record is something Dallas probably envies. Dallas has the SB's, but, um, what have they done lately? :music_guitarred:

This thread wasn't supposed to turn into a Dallas vs (insert team here) debate. It's about Romo, who I said isn't to blame for the 2 losses this december, but the trend is definitely disturbing.

not his fault...........name a mistake he made at qb........holding a kick? give me a break..he is a qb......fock kicj holding......if brady or manning held kicks they would mess some up as well.

how can you be so obtuse?

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

84 150 56.0% 889 5.926666667 5 6 12 71 70.15 9 26 14.3 0 6 3

Ok corky, you tell me how a 56% completion rate, a 5/6 TD to INT ratio, 5.93 yards per attempt and a QB rating of 70.15 for the entire month of december last year helped the team? I'm giving him credit on 2 games this year, but outside of that...game over...you lose like the Cowboys in December, but thanks for playing. :cheers:

bump so pimptaddy, dallas_empire, tony romo domination, blue star wrecking crew, psychobelicheatfan can respond...

Take it to the 'Aikman is good' thread. This is about Romo sucking. :music_guitarred:

I have no love lost for the Iggles, but I would say, with all honesty, that their chances of winning a SB are infinitely greater than those of the Cowboys. I would also say that over last 10 yrs their record is something Dallas probably envies. Dallas has the SB's, but, um, what have they done lately? :music_guitarred:

This thread wasn't supposed to turn into a Dallas vs (insert team here) debate. It's about Romo, who I said isn't to blame for the 2 losses this december, but the trend is definitely disturbing.

Okay. Romo. Good numbers. Can't help what happens on the rest of the field. Can only do his part. Has more good-great games that poor games. Played well enough to win his past 2. The COWBOYS didn't.

Okay...if being a Cowboys fan...and seeing Dallas not perform well in December over the past 10 years is disturbing...then MY FOCKING GOD....(for example).....how disturbing must it be for say, eagles fans? I mean...is winning in December good enough? Win in December then FAIL in the big games? How long has that been? LOL. 40+ years? That has got to be disturbing. Losing in December for 10 years straight...or losing in every SB/Championship opportunity for over 40 years? Now that makes me giggle.

Okay...if being a Cowboys fan...and seeing Dallas not perform well in December over the past 10 years is disturbing...then MY FOCKING GOD....(for example).....how disturbing must it be for say, eagles fans? I mean...is winning in December good enough? Win in December then FAIL in the big games? How long has that been? LOL. 40+ years? That has got to be disturbing. Losing in December for 10 years straight...or losing in every SB/Championship opportunity for over 40 years? Now that makes me giggle.

I'm glad you still feel some adrenalin rush from 1993, but it's now 2009. Nobody cares how good Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman, and Emmitt Smith were (except living-in-the-past Cowboy fans, of course). Bottom line is, you have a pretty-boy quarterback who, year after year, wins games in September and October, only to lose their lead come December. It happens every single year! And no amount of dusty Lombardi Trophies overcomes the fact that you have crappy quarterback that can't win when the pressure is on.

If you want to say McNabb can't win the big game, that's fine. Either could Marino, Fouts, Moon, Kelly, etc. But Romo can't even win the nearly-big, more-like-medium-big games to even get that far.

Oh yeah, Aikman could, so I guess that's some consolation. Maybew Jerry Jones can talk him out of retirement. Bwahahahaaha :thumbsup: :music_guitarred:

Newbie- Every game is a big game. How do you explain peyton winning last week while throwing 3 picks? Romo lead the cowboys down the field at Seattle in that playoff game to lead, he botched the snap, can't label him a choker cuz he botched the snap. If Romo and Mcnabb were switched, their december records would be about the same. Wade Phillips makes Andy Reid look like Vince Lombardi. Either way, when Jerry Jones decides to let go of some of the GM duties and hire a shanahan or cower type coach, Dallas won't get it done, as much as I hate to say it. I'm a Romo fan, and his stats are so much better than brady's and mannings through their first 3 years as a starter. He is 28, but remember, this is his 3rd year as a starting qb. He's like 33-16 as a starter. Sure he's 0-2 in playoff games, but it's not because of him. He lost to the super bowl champions and a seahawks team that lost in the super bowl. I'll take Romo over every qb in the league except brees, brady, peyton, rivers, and rodgers. That's it. Eli sucks, their defense and running game were so much better than the cowboys 2 years ago. Only other guy I would probably take over Romo is Big Ben, but a case could easily be made that if the roles were switched, Romo would have atleast one ring with the steelers. The steelers organization make the cowboys look like a pee wee league team.

The thing Romo fans choose to ignore is that Romo teams has never won anything going back to HS. He has won awards for his play and stats but the teams do nothing. Yes, this guy has to win something sometime to prove he isn't a loser.

I think you just did that, this is a Romo thread.

This guy has to win something sometime to prove he isn't a loser.

Honest Question.

Do you consider Dan Marino, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, ect. 'losers' ?

I certainly don't. They were great players who didn't win it all. While a championship or more late/post season accomplishments would have vaulted them higher in sports fan mentailty it doesn't mean they are losers.

It's not like there are only two boxes. A loser box and a winner box and every player has to be labeled one or the other. That is assine.

Bada Boooooom. I knew some little squirrely unemployed focker would point out how "Dallas has won championships..." LOL.

So then what? LOL. Big flipping deal. Dallas 5 championship, Grenn Bay 12 Championships!

Must suck to have the Packers be in your head all the time.

I hope you get my point.

how can you be so obtuse?

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

84 150 56.0% 889 5.926666667 5 6 12 71 70.15 9 26 14.3 0 6 3

Ok corky, you tell me how a 56% completion rate, a 5/6 TD to INT ratio, 5.93 yards per attempt and a QB rating of 70.15 for the entire month of december last year helped the team? I'm giving him credit on 2 games this year, but outside of that...game over...you lose like the Cowboys in December, but thanks for playing. :dunno:

And still waiting for psychobelicheatfan (the cowboy homer) to respond...

Careful, Andy. You may have to spend 30 days in the hole. :music_guitarred:

ANDY: Tell you where I'd go. Zihuatanejo.

RED: Zihuatanejo?

ANDY: Mexico. Little place right on the Pacific. You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I'd like to finish out my life, Red. A warm place with no memory. Open a little hotel right on the beach. Buy some worthless old boat and fix it up like new. Take my guests out charter fishing.

And still waiting for psychobelicheatfan (the cowboy homer) to respond...

ANDY: Tell you where I'd go. Zihuatanejo.

RED: Zihuatanejo?

ANDY: Mexico. Little place right on the Pacific. You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I'd like to finish out my life, Red. A warm place with no memory. Open a little hotel right on the beach. Buy some worthless old boat and fix it up like new. Take my guests out charter fishing.

:thumbsdown:

Ok corky, you tell me how a 56% completion rate, a 5/6 TD to INT ratio, 5.93 yards per attempt and a QB rating of 70.15 for the entire month of december last year helped the team?

do you think that maybe playing with an injury-depleted team against the #1, #2, and #4 defenses in the league might have had something to do with that 4 game stretch?

how about the year before, when he was 2-1 in december until wade sat a number of starters for the finale?

how about the year before, when he took over a struggling team that everyone had written off and took them to the playoffs?

do you think that maybe playing with an injury-depleted team against the #1, #2, and #4 defenses in the league might have had something to do with that 4 game stretch?

how about the year before, when he was 2-1 in december until wade sat a number of starters for the finale?

how about the year before, when he took over a struggling team that everyone had written off and took them to the playoffs?

All great points, but all wasted on another idiot who won't listen to any reasonable argument and just likes to stir sh!t up...

All great points, but all wasted on another idiot who won't listen to any reasonable argument and just likes to stir sh!t up...

5 wins and 10 losses in December.

And please stop using the injury-depleted excuse.

The Eagles have been playing for a month without one of the league's top weapons in Westbrook and also played last week without another of the league's top weapons in Desean Jackson and seem to be doing quite well. The Cowboys are as healthy as an NFL team can expect to be this time of year.

Every team has injuries. I believe NO has 12 players on IR this year. All I see here are a bunch of excuses why the guy can't win in Dec. I'll let his body of work speak for it's self. That could still change this year but as of right now the guy does not win in Dec.

and i'm the one who tooted the "the cowboys schedule is brutal" horn. but losers make excuses...

"You know if you think about it, i feel pretty strongly -- in 6 games, that's four no-turnover games, and I think that's hard to do at this position, but that's something that excites me when I think about. It's there, and it's very possible to do it, you just have to always have that thought process in your brain, the ball is important. It really matters a lot. And that's part of the thing and as you grow and get older you gain an understanding. Sometimes you have to go through the growing pains to get there. There are plenty of quarterbacks I've talked to have told me the same thing. But you have to work at it - you really do, and I think that's been our goal and it's exciting to see improvement as a player."

Romo's words.....from his mouth

The Dallas Cowboys are not without problems, but their quarterback isn't one of them.

2008: 21 turnovers in 13 games (14 interceptions, 7 fumbles)

2009: 11 turnovers in 13 games (7 interceptions, 4 fumbles)

and i'm the one who tooted the "the cowboys schedule is brutal" horn. but losers make excuses...

if you take another look at my post, you'll see that i was talking about last season--you know, the season for which you gave the stats and asked the question.

or was your question rhetorical?

I'm glad you still feel some adrenalin rush from 1993, but it's now 2009. Nobody cares how good Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman, and Emmitt Smith were (except living-in-the-past Cowboy fans, of course). Bottom line is, you have a pretty-boy quarterback who, year after year, wins games in September and October, only to lose their lead come December. It happens every single year! And no amount of dusty Lombardi Trophies overcomes the fact that you have crappy quarterback that can't win when the pressure is on.

If you want to say McNabb can't win the big game, that's fine. Either could Marino, Fouts, Moon, Kelly, etc. But Romo can't even win the nearly-big, more-like-medium-big games to even get that far.

Oh yeah, Aikman could, so I guess that's some consolation. Maybew Jerry Jones can talk him out of retirement. Bwahahahaaha :( :thumbsup:

Again....you don't get it. Actually...you do...because no one could really be that stupid...so...yes...I'm biting on your fishing trip.

I'll respond though, as though you actually believe what you are typing.

Here goes: Don't start your sentences with "Romo won...or Romo lost... or Romo's record...." Fock.....a while back I posted (in jest) that Sanchez had beaten Brady, because...well...if Sanchez WON the game (Jets won), and Brady LOST the game, then that means Sanchez beat Brady. I was fishing...but my god...there were biters. I was making a point on how stupid the record thing behind an NFL QB is. And it is.

Again, I'm speaking as though you really believe what you are typing (obviously you don't), so what you are saying is....that if a QB would finish a game say, 30-32, 300 yds, 3 tds, 0 INTs...and his team lost, that THAT QB lost the game for his team. Because that is what you are saying. And I know you're not that stupid...you're just a Cowboys hater. Whatever. Use your time how you see fit.

But man...it must really suck to have the Cowboys in your head all the time.

Every team has injuries. I believe NO has 12 players on IR this year. All I see here are a bunch of excuses why the guy can't win in Dec. I'll let his body of work speak for it's self. That could still change this year but as of right now the guy does not win in Dec.

"the guy" doesn't win football games. "the team" wins football games. as i've illustrated quite clearly, the defense has as much, if not more, to answer for WRT the recent december woes than romo does.

i've heard, from people who know, that defense wins championships.

now look at the dallas defense's performance during pressure games in december for the last 4 seasons.

romo has his problems, but as pointed out earlier, peyton didn't succeed until his defense stepped up. eli's defense was playing lights out. rothlisberger had a top defense. brady had a top defense.

what does romo have?

Again....you don't get it. Actually...you do...because no one could really be that stupid...so...yes...I'm biting on your fishing trip.

I'll respond though, as though you actually believe what you are typing.

Here goes: Don't start your sentences with "Romo won...or Romo lost... or Romo's record...." Fock.....a while back I posted (in jest) that Sanchez had beaten Brady, because...well...if Sanchez WON the game (Jets won), and Brady LOST the game, then that means Sanchez beat Brady. I was fishing...but my god...there were biters. I was making a point on how stupid the record thing behind an NFL QB is. And it is.

Again, I'm speaking as though you really believe what you are typing (obviously you don't), so what you are saying is....that if a QB would finish a game say, 30-32, 300 yds, 3 tds, 0 INTs...and his team lost, that THAT QB lost the game for his team. Because that is what you are saying. And I know you're not that stupid...you're just a Cowboys hater. Whatever. Use your time how you see fit.

But man...it must really suck to have the Cowboys in your head all the time.

I haven't pointed to an individual game. I could show you games over the last four years the Cowboys won where romo's stats sucked. They won despite of him.

I'm simply stating the FACT that Dallas has 5 wins in the last 15 Decemeber games that Romo started at quarterback. If you happen to believe that the starting quarterback isn't responsible for that, then so be it.

So since you still live in the early 90's, do you still wear those Zumiez hammer pants things?

So since you still live in the early 90's, do you still wear those Zumiez hammer pants things?

What about the 90s? As a Cowboys fan...I cheer for the Cowboys in the now....but when talking with other Cowboys fans...we often criticize, evaluate the "now", but also talk about " the good 'ol days". Would you seriously not expect that? Or do you only talk about, and expect others to only talk about "Next year's our year" like 32 NFL teams can do any time they want?

So you must be implying, that say, for example, Eagles fans, get satisfaction by thinking/saying/discussing "Yep...we've won some playoff games over the past 10 years...." For what though? Seriously. "Yep...remember when we almost did it. That was great. And ya know...we can say 'we almost did it' quite a bit'. And The nice thing is, we've almost did it recently. Man, that was great. Remember when we won a playoff game? Whhoooo hoooo. Sweet, sweet victory."

It's also funny to see that the Cowboys are in your head just as much as Phurfur & Newbie. Do a search with your name...and "Cowboys" or "Romo"....lol...it's hilarious, really, when you see how bad they are in your head. The funniest part is, you'll never be able to get them out. :overhead:

"the guy" doesn't win football games. "the team" wins football games. as i've illustrated quite clearly, the defense has as much, if not more, to answer for WRT the recent december woes than romo does.

now look at the dallas defense's performance during pressure games in december for the last 4 seasons.

romo has his problems, but as pointed out earlier, peyton didn't succeed until his defense stepped up. eli's defense was playing lights out. rothlisberger had a top defense. brady had a top defense.

what does romo have?

Why do we even have QBs and why do they get paid so much money if they are so insignificant?

In case you forgot, Romo lost with 12 pro-bowlers a few years back.

If you think Romo is even close to the QB Manning is you are following the wrong sport.

Why do we even have QBs and why do they get paid so much money if they are so insignificant?

If you think Romo is even close to the QB Manning is you are following the wrong sport.

And if you think the cowboys organization has been run anywhere close to as good as the colts organization your watching the same sport.

So if you get paid a lot as a QB, you need to make tackles, catch balls, block, kick field goals? LOL! Ummmm...think about what you just said. LOL. You're not the brightest of the bunch are ya there little fella.

Romo was on a team with 12 pro bowlers. Couple things. At the time...there were many people crying how it was a "popularity" contest...and that there weren't 12 worthy of it. Those were the Cowboys haters. Then you had people saying "Well gee golly whiz...they had 12 pro-bowlers. And Romo didn't win." Those were the Cowboys haters. Why didn't people say "Coach Philips lost with 12 pro bowlers..."? As coaching actually has an official stat with records attached to coaches names. Put it this way...BOTH coaches and QB's can't have records attached. Otherwise...uhh...there'd be to many wins & losses to account for. But...haters need to spin it how they want.

Thinking back to the 90s. "All Aikman did was hand to Emmitt." (Aikman wasn't that good, so the haters said). All Emmitt did was run behind a big line (Emmitt wasn't that good, so the haters said.) . The line...now that line...now THAT's where the credit goes. LOL. The haters would GLADLY give credit to the line, because the line is not a glorious position, when it comes to trash-talking between fans. Ever heard a heated argument about who was better between to RB's (ex: Emmitt vs. Barry?). Ever heard a heated argument about who was better between two OL? LOL. The haters need to hate on the team icon to effectively hate on a team. None of you guys really hate Romo. But you hate the Cowboys...so...of course you take the shortest route possible to get under Cowboys' fans' skin. That's understandable.

How does one become a hater of a particular team, i.e, of a jersey? Seriously. I don't see to many discussions around here about "Carson Palmer has never won a playoff game" or "Matt Ryan still hasn't won a playoff game" or "....the Cleveland Browns QB is....". It's cause no one gives a sh@t.

So why do you care about Dallas? Here's why...you can deny it all you want...but anyone with a inkling of a brain knows. You hate Dallas because you got sick of them winning when they did, and you got sick of the fans spouting off about it, and as far as Eagles fans go...they are bitter because their team simply has proven over the course of 40+ years, that they will never win a SB....and that in itself has got to be disheartening. So when your team can't accomplish the single ultimate goal that every team, coach, player & franchise sets out to do, you might as well cry about your rival, right? Man oh man...that would suck to have the Dallas Cowboys stuck in a person's head like they are for many of you. :pointstosky:

As far as Payton Manning vs. Romo. LOL. Ummm...no sh@t that Romo isn't in the same league as Payton Manning. Very few have been, are or will be.

I have not seen one person say the QB position is insignificant whatsoever. Why must everything be one extreme or the other? Anybody without some sort of player hate for Romo (NFC East, 49er, Pitt fans) can clearly see the following:

Romo still has alot to prove as a late season QB. :pointstosky: However The Cowboys woes the past few years have much more to do with other factors than QB play. It's as plain as day. Romo's career is still in it's adolecense in the big scheme of things and his story will be written, but to label him a 'loser' or pin the whole teams December woes on him is just the haters do what they do best. Spin bullshit around to make somebody look bad.

what does romo have?

Jim McMahon, the QB, is obviously know for "winning the SB" so is Trent Dilfer.So is Bradshaw. Dilfer won that SB for them. So did McMahon. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking it had anything to do with a team effort on either side of the ball, d@mn you. Whatever happens in a football game, at any point and time, is the QB at work, you dummy.

In all seriousness.....Romo has been playing well enough to win their last two games, the team didn't.

And if you think the cowboys organization has been run anywhere close to as good as the colts organization your watching the same sport.

I have not seen one person say the QB position is insignificant whatsoever. Why must everything be one extreme or the other? Anybody without some sort of player hate for Romo (NFC East, 49er, Pitt fans) can clearly see the following:

Romo still has alot to prove as a late season QB. :o However The Cowboys woes the past few years have much more to do with other factors than QB play. It's as plain as day. Romo's career is still in it's adolecense in the big scheme of things and his story will be written, but to label him a 'loser' or pin the whole teams December woes on him is just the haters do what they do best. Spin bullshit around to make somebody look bad.

MAN LOVE!

Jim McMahon, the QB, is obviously know for "winning the SB" so is Trent Dilfer.So is Bradshaw. Dilfer won that SB for them. So did McMahon. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking it had anything to do with a team effort on either side of the ball, d@mn you. Whatever happens in a football game, at any point and time, is the QB at work, you dummy.

In all seriousness.....Romo has been playing well enough to win their last two games, the team didn't.

But see Newbie and Phurfur will just read that and come up with another BUT romo is 5-10 in december. Not the cowboys, not wade phillips. IT'S ALL ROMO"S FAULT. It's the Dallas Romo's. Not the Dallas Cowboys.