Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

So next years first 12 picks are kinda obvious ...no?

1. ECD -- IMO no question

2. MJD - again no question

3. AD - no question

4. R.Rice =- some debate but he just does it every week call him ECD light

5. D. Brees - Just dominates every damn year

6. A. Johnson - the Most explosive FF wr.

7. D. Williams - If offense does well not a better pure runner out there

8. B. Marshall - IMO the best WR in football right now and a QB with tunnel vision an radar lock

9. R. Wayne - as rock steady as it gets

10. S. Jackson - Meat n Potatoes PPR guy

11. F. Gore - hot n cold but when he is on -- he's really on.

12. L. Fitzgerald - Best pure NFL WR just who will be throwing the ball

I'm not seeing Wayne or Marshall taken in the first round in my league. Hell, if you want another WR, Welker has got more points in PPR than both of them...in 2 less games.

I'm not seeing Wayne or Marshall taken in the first round in my league. Hell, if you want another WR, Welker has got more points in PPR than both of them...in 2 less games.

Agree.

I would take Welker #1. Screw it. I got beat in the first round by a guy who had Welker, I had the better team and Moss. Moss goes for 1-16 while Welker has a 10 catch game. I expected Welker's stats. I would rather have a 6-10 catch guy each game in a PPR league than anyone. You know what you are getting from him in most every week, he is a lock for 100+ catches actually 110+.

Every Coaches Dream

Dang...I got three of the top six of your list in my highest stakes league...I'll be pissed if I don't win the :)

Every Coaches Dream

Dang...I got three of the top six of your list in my highest stakes league...I'll be pissed if I don't win the :)

Same deal, I'm sitting on 2, 4, 8 and 11. Nobody remaining has more than 2...

1. ECD -- IMO no question

2. MJD - again no question

3. AD - no question

4. R.Rice =- some debate but he just does it every week call him ECD light

5. D. Brees - Just dominates every damn year

6. A. Johnson - the Most explosive FF wr.

7. D. Williams - If offense does well not a better pure runner out there

8. B. Marshall - IMO the best WR in football right now and a QB with tunnel vision an radar lock

9. R. Wayne - as rock steady as it gets

10. S. Jackson - Meat n Potatoes PPR guy

11. F. Gore - hot n cold but when he is on -- he's really on.

12. L. Fitzgerald - Best pure NFL WR just who will be throwing the ball

Not a bad list. Actually a pretty good list. As others have said, if you are talking point per reception, I don't know if I'd want any WR over Welker. He isn't flashy, and he doesn't score many touchdowns, but he is as consistent as they come. I'd probably put AJ and Fitz ahead, but thats about it. After the first 4 or 5 I think you could debate a bunch of guys there. My list would be something like this:

1) CJ

2) MJD

3) Rice

4) AP

5) SJax

6) A.Johnson

7) Fitzgerald

8) Brees- I'm not someone who would take a QB in Round 1 though

9) Welker

10) F.Gore

11) B.Marshall

12) D.Williams

After the first 5 guys I really don't see a lot of good picks at RB. They will go, but in a PPR league I'd much rather grab a bunch of wide receivers over any of the 2nd round running backs.

Every Coaches Dream

Dang...I got three of the top six of your list in my highest stakes league...I'll be pissed if I don't win the :lol:

I have 5.

CJ will be the unquestioned #1, and people will be trading up to get that spot. Agree that Rice is in the top 12 now, and that Welker is a consideration in PPR.

DJax leads our league at WR as of right now and he missed a game. Although we count return yardage and scores for individuals.

CJ will be the unquestioned #1, and people will be trading up to get that spot. Agree that Rice is in the top 12 now, and that Welker is a consideration in PPR.

Guys in my 14-team, 1 player keeper laughed at me when I kept him over Turner and Moss this year.

2 owner leagues you co-commish with your cat don't count. :doublethumbsup:

12 team

Drafted CJ Brees and Rice

Traded for Marshall and Gore

Guys in my 14-team, 1 player keeper laughed at me when I kept him over Turner and Moss this year.

it seems like lots of people laugh at you. huh.

If obvious means that in my guestimation... less than 1% of all somewhat normal fantasy football leagues having 4 WR's go in the first round... then yes.

The first round will contain these players for sure. Past that it's anyone's guess.

CJ

AP

MJD

Rice

SJax

Brees

Notice how I didn't put any WR's in there. Reason being is I can't see any WR's being locks in the first round. Johnson, Fitz, Wayne, Moss, Marshall and Welker are all kind of interchangeable in my opinion in PPR's. One big top tier.

Looking ahead, the running back crop is seemingly weak... so people could easily try and get what is in short demand... especially since RB heavy drafting is a thing a lot of people believe in and stick to.

Good to see Jerry Rice back at the top of fantasy draft boards

I go..

PPR

1. MJD - I know, I just am going with gut since the consensus usually has a little bit of an off year after a monster year.

2. CJ

3. AP

4. Rice

5. D. Williams

6. S. Jackson

7. D. Brees

8. F. Gore

9. A. Johnson

10. R. Mendenhall

11. W. Welker

12. K. Moreno

2nd round is going to be just as juicy ...

CBenson

JAddai

TJones

JCharles

RGrant

RMendenhall

DJax

RWhite

MAustin

MColston

VJax/SRice

Manning

Rodgers

I am surprised that I haven't seen Turner the Burner mentioned here. I know he has an injury riddled season but wheen healthy he is a top 5 rb. Next year will see him return to form.

still some season left to go plus an entire offseason. on the surface it looks like a good list, I think id still have Moss up there somewhere and Welker has to be the top ppr WR.

but i agree personally with those top 4 backs. Lots of people were high on WR's early this year but I dont think you can debate taking a WR over those 4 backs next year.

Sorry...but I'll wait yet again to take a QB until later in the draft. I'll never buy into the taking a QB in the first round argument.

Don't be surprised to see Michael Turner slipping back up in the draft boards along with Ryan Grant and Jamaal Charles.

Along with FA and the draft, it's too early to consider the picks outside of a top 5. But the top 4 players you have listed are all going in the top 4 barring an injury

Turner has to be on that list for certain. Dude was a scoring machine. Then the Falcons swapped out their blocking schemes and he was running as well as any guy in the league for yards including Johnson for a stretch. He is a no doubter in round one without PPR.

Rice is a tougher top 5 call IMO if McGahee is still around to outscore him 2 to 1. Without him there he is battling Johnson, JonesDrew and AP for absolute certain.

Peyton - Projected 417 608 4815 68.6 7.92 80 38 17 11 101.2 with 7 games of 3 TDs or more and 4 with 4 TDs. 1 game with 0TDs

Brees - Projected 372 532 4716 69.9 8.87 75 39 12 18 112.3 with 6 games of 3 TDs or more and 3 with 4 TDs or more. 2 games with 0 TDs

I think these two guys could be interchangeable.....they both have had awesome years...several years in a row now. These two have to be the top two QBs off the board next year...with Rodgers, Brady, and Rivers rounding out the top 5.

CJ

MJD

AD

Rice

SJax

Brees

Peyton

Shaub

Rodgers

Brady

AJ

Fitz (only if Warner stays)

Wayne

Marshall

DJax

Agree.

I would take Welker #1. Screw it. I got beat in the first round by a guy who had Welker, I had the better team and Moss. Moss goes for 1-16 while Welker has a 10 catch game. I expected Welker's stats. I would rather have a 6-10 catch guy each game in a PPR league than anyone. You know what you are getting from him in most every week, he is a lock for 100+ catches actually 110+.

Wes is averaging 9.6 receptions per game with 105 receptions in 11 games played. He is on pace for 133 receptions. Welker averages 11 yards a reception also.

In PPR he is in the top tier with the big boys.

Despite me having 5 of those players on my roster ... I traded for 2 of them.

Gore was hurt .... and I drafted Coffee. Warner owner .... needed a backup QB and a Seattle Homer .... I traded Hasselbeck and Caddy for Gore and rode out the injury.

Since Gore has been healthy .... the trio of CJ .... Ray Rice .... and Gore has just been off the charts.

I should win it all ... but it aint over yet.

ECD?? lol Every Coaches Dream

Some of us at a different forum call him

Tennessee Tuxspeedo - anyway you slice it, dude is a beast and is #1 right now.

CJ

AD

MJD

Rice

to me those are the only locks and then it changes depending on your leagues specific scoring.

CJ

AD

MJD

Rice

Sjax

Turner

Gore

Benson

Brees

Andre Johnson

Thomas Jones

Brandon Marshall

would be my early top 12, non PPR. Best mix of talent, situation, reliability and potential, IMO. Peyton Manning is interchangable for one of the WRs if you're into the early QB thing.

Umm, why is Steven Jackson in the top 5 on most of these lists?!? SJax is steven jackson correct?

Yes. Because he's the focal point of the STL offense and near the top of the league in rushing yardage with a solid reception total.

Plus, who else you gonna take that high? About all you can draft on is opportunity and talent. He has plenty of both.

ULTRA GAY.

Come on dude. CJIII isn't it?

Those top 10 are a DREAM mock draft! I wish....

I would gladly take Welker with my 2nd pick ALL DAY LONG!

I so wanted Welker .... but I thought I could get him later. Non ppr.

CJ just fell to me. He was there at 10. Clear first round pick THIS year. I took Brees in the second.[

THESE 2 ....were legit first rounders THIS year .... and nobody knew LT would be so lame or that Moss just doesn't care.

Lotta first rounders taken THIS year .... that were mistakes. LT2. Jacobs. Even Gore was hurt for a couple weeks.

Brady.

Brady went 9th OVERALL in my league.

it seems like lots of people laugh at you. huh.

I usually get the last laugh so it's all good. Keep on hatin', though, all that negativity is probably doing wonders for your overall health. :thumbsdown:

Yes. Because he's the focal point of the STL offense and near the top of the league in rushing yardage with a solid reception total.

Plus, who else you gonna take that high? About all you can draft on is opportunity and talent. He has plenty of both.

I'd take Turner every time over SJax. And my league is PPR. Turner gets into the endzone that many times that its worth it. His injury was an ankle sprain, nothing that will linger into next year. SJax is an above average player on a $hitty team, with zero upside. He's going to be solid and that's it unless he gets traded to a real team with an offense. Turner WILL be a top 5 back every year barring injury. Dude's a beast.

Thomas Jones has as many points as SJax this year. He's on the freaking rams. My league doesn't give a lot of points for yards though, mostly TDs and receptions.

Still, I'll let someone else deal with the bum. He's had one great year in his career. And for a top 5 pick, it isn't worth it.