Sign in to follow this  
dollaMite

Last 10 years.

I am in the same league with a bunch of football buddies I used to play with back in the day. We have been doing fantasy football for 9 years and I have won 2 championships. I have made it to this years championship game. So, I could have 3 from the last 9.

How many do you have over the last 10 years? If someone says they have 5 or more over the last 10 years - their league either sucks or they are freaking lucky.

I haven't played for 10 years, only 7. In the 7 years starting 2002 I have played in 25 leagues and won 10.

I'll let you decide if my leagues suck or I'm just lucky.

Oh wait! You already did that.

I haven't played for 10 years, only 7. In the 7 years starting 2002 I have played in 25 leagues and won 10.

I'll let you decide if my leagues suck or I'm just lucky.

Oh wait! You already did that.

What I mean is if someone has won 5 or more in the last 10 years from the same league. That would more than likely mean they are extremely lucky, extremely good or the league is extremely brutal.

What's your record in the same league the last 10 years?

Well, all of my league are re-drafts so they aren't really the same league. Maybe essentially the same group of guys in my main one, but we have a whole new team each year.

Sad to say, NO ONE spends as much time as me on FF! I am drastically over-prepared.

:banana:

ESPN League: 5 Years, 3 Playoff Appearances, 2 Championships

Yahoo! League: 3 Years, 3 Playoff Appearances, 0 Championships......but that could change this week :pointstosky:

2 leagues I will post:

11th year in the league, 1 championship, but I have been to the championship game 5 times with a 1-4 record. I am in the 3rd place game this year.

10th year in the league, 2 championships, with a chance at a 3rd this year.

Played in the same league for 8 seasons (since 2001).

So far, I've won the Championship three times (2001, 2002, & 2006).

My first year playing was COMPLETELY luck. My roster was:

QB: Rich Gannon, Donovan McNabb, Mike Vick

RB: Curtis Martin, Priest Holmes, Charlie Garner, Dominic Rhodes, Warrick Dunn, Terrell Davis

WR: David Boston, Joe Horn, Darrell Jackson, Troy Brown, Bill Schroeder

TE: Tony Gonzalez

K: Jason Elam

DEF: Rams, Dolphins

I had no idea what I was doing at the draft. Luckily for me, Gannon had his career year that season (and McNabb was great too). David Boston, Darrell Jackson, and Troy Brown each broke out. Curtis Martin had his career year (and I scooped up Priest Holmes & Dominic Rhodes out of FA and both had 1,000+ yards). Basically...nearly every player I drafted/picked-up that year was awesome. Completely luck.

I'm in 1st place right now this year too (barely) with two weeks to go.

My team is the Denver Broncos of our league. This weekend I will be playing in my 6th title game in 9 years, and my record up to date... 1-4. In my last two championship losses, my team has scored combined less than one team averaged per game.

On the bright side, I will be facing the team / owner I beat in my one title year, so hopefuly that will be the bit of history that repeats itself.

The last 10 years, I average about 2.5 leagues a year, sometimes 4 sometimes 1, right now I think I have setteled on my long time redraft and I have a dynasty that could last a while.

My longtime redraft, I have dominated so to speak. But it has been basically been around for 20 years. I am always in the hunt. Maybe have missed the playoffs in a couple of times in the last 10 years, I think I have won just twice, but usually I am there in the final 4. Fools are better informed these days. Back in the day, they didn't come up with value based drafting like I did on my own and through early message board talk here. I am the guy everyone wants to beat because I am always good and it pisses them off.

I would guess probaly 7 champs in 30 leagues in last 10 years.

:dunno:

I play in one league....with the same guys for the last 8 years. If i win the title this year....that will make 4 of 8.

Redraft, 12 man.

Im talking trash the whole time (its guys i went to college with).....so they are sidedly pulling for the other guy....hehe.

Same league for 10 years and I made it to the championship 6 times and won 5 championships including 4 in a row 2002-2003-2004-2005 I am considered the evil empire and called the yankess becasue I make 10X as many transactions then anyone else. Running up bills of 100's in transactions fees.. ( also won 1999 and was in it last year) LT was my keeper those years. He of course was a huge reason I was so succesfull. I feel anyone who gets to keep Chris Johnson might find themselves with a huge advantage also in the coming years. They got rid of the keepers just to get LT away from me and I still made it back last year but lost on the last play when Forte scored the TD on monday night. 1 point lose. uggg.

Main league: 9th year, 3 Championships (3 in the first 4 years). Back in the Superbowl this year for the first time since '04.

Random Yahoo Leauges: 3 Championships (in 5 tries)

Old work league 1 Championship (in 2 years)

So, 7 Titles in 15 "years".

Same league for 10 years and I made it to the championship 6 times and won 5 championships including 4 in a row 2002-2003-2004-2005 I am considered the evil empire and called the yankess becasue I make 10X as many transactions then anyone else. Running up bills of 100's in transactions fees.. ( also won 1999 and was in it last year) LT was my keeper those years. He of course was a huge reason I was so succesfull. I feel anyone who gets to keep Chris Johnson might find themselves with a huge advantage also in the coming years. They got rid of the keepers just to get LT away from me and I still made it back last year but lost on the last play when Forte scored the TD on monday night. 1 point lose. uggg.

Hah...me and you would get a long fabulously in a league. I do the same thing....and my leauge thinks of me the same way.

Yeah every year I hear "Oh you won again because you made 52 transactions and everyone else made 10". Or "we all got jobs and life and cant keep up with all the free agents" . as I said they got so mad when I won 4 in a row they got rid of keepers. ( and some people have left the league due to me winning all the time but they were not good freinds) After my first one in 1999 . I picked up Warner after week 1 and rode him all the way. we were a redraft. the next year they took cards 1-3 out of the deck so I couldnt grab Warner as he was going probally 2 after Faulk. Thats what feuled my anger and I got revenge when I won 4 in a row 3 years later. The last laugh always is the best!

Have to add other then my Family etc my FF Trophy that sits on m desk with 5 plates on it is my pride and joy . Like a football players superbowl ring.

Also wanted to add they tried making the transaction fee $10 to stop me and I ran up a $300 transaction bill . I won so it meant nothing as the winner gets all transaction money.

Yeah every year I hear "Oh you won again because you made 52 transactions and everyone else made 10". Or "we all got jobs and life and cant keep up with all the free agents" . as I said they got so mad when I won 4 in a row they got rid of keepers. ( and some people have left the league due to me winning all the time but they were not good freinds) After my first one in 1999 . I picked up Warner after week 1 and rode him all the way. we were a redraft. the next year they took cards 1-3 out of the deck so I couldnt grab Warner as he was going probally 2 after Faulk. Thats what feuled my anger and I got revenge when I won 4 in a row 3 years later. The last laugh always is the best!

Have to add other then my Family etc my FF Trophy that sits on m desk with 5 plates on it is my pride and joy . Like a football players superbowl ring.

Lol...yep yep...they say the same thing to me. They call me the Waiver Wire ######. But its crap....because i have a good roster im almost always at the bottom each week to pick up guys first....they just dont do it, dont pay attention or pick the wrong guys up.

In one league I have won it twice...and thought I had a great chance at it this year (#1 team all...crapped out in the 1st round). That in about 10 years I guess.

In the other over the same time frame I have won it at least twice...can't remember if there was a 3rd or not.

Just found a 3rd but it was a different league...that I only played in for about 3 years in the early 2000s.

Going for thrice in my Yahoo! League, once in an AntSports league that I did that year only. So 4 possibly in ten years :dunno:

Going for thrice in my Yahoo! League, once in an AntSports league that I did that year only. So 4 possibly in ten years :dunno:

Antsports....used to go there all the time on that board. What ever happened to that place?

5 total for the last 10 years. :music_guitarred:

This is my 9th year. 3 Leagues a year. 1 Dynasty and 2 Keepers

So that's 27 tries. And I've only got 3 titles to show for it.

:( Havn't actually won any of the leagues since the 2006 season either.

:music_guitarred: crap.

Going for my 3rd title since 2000. I also lost a championship game. I've played with the same group for the past 3 years, and then co-workers from a previous job before that. Got a title from both. We use CBS Sportsline mainly so we can photoshop trash talking headlines and use the live scoring - but now that other leagues are offering free live scoring, I believe I am finished with the huge CBS fees.

Antsports....used to go there all the time on that board. What ever happened to that place?

It might still be around (the fantasy leagues anyways), not sure. It took a little over 2 months after the season ended to recieve the check and trophy but they were pretty good overall.

I have a few with several different leagues. The one that counts the most is a league with friends we've been playin' for about 15 years now. Won first in 2004...workin' on third this year.

7 Superbowl appearances and 4 championships. Yeah, I'm that good. Me and another team essentially own the league.

I am in the same league with a bunch of football buddies I used to play with back in the day. We have been doing fantasy football for 9 years and I have won 2 championships. I have made it to this years championship game. So, I could have 3 from the last 9.

How many do you have over the last 10 years? If someone says they have 5 or more over the last 10 years - their league either sucks or they are freaking lucky.

What's the point? You ask people for information and discredit them before they answer!

1 league for 12 years. Have played for the title 3 times won it once. I'm 1-1 this decade in the Championship game.

One league for 14 years. I have been to the Championship 4 times, and lost every time.

I am the Minnesota Vikings of my fantasy league :wave:

Marv Levi would be proud of your accomplishments.

I'm only counting my money league, where a prize is actually at stake and it's been my longest league (the others are just for fun or bragging rights). I've been in the money league from 2004, so 6 years - 2 championships and I'm in the finals this weekend too.

Been playing in our Michigan League (only guy from Ohio :thumbsup: ) 16 team auction league with IDP's, been there 9 years now and one it once, the year J.lewis went for 2k yds rushing. I was the #1 seed last year and lost 1st game of playoffs (no bye's) was 24-2 (play double headers),

Made it into playoffs this year on the last week, had to win both, and hope for other team to lose 1. But sitting at home this week as I lost again...

Oh well always next year.

And the year after I won it, we got a nice big trophy with our teams name on it..... :shocking:

been in same 2 leagues for 14 years. 6 Championships in one, 4 in the other. This year I suck in both leagues thanks, in part to protecting LT.

3 years - 2 playoff appearances - 1-1 in the Championship

Should've made playoffs this year, but benched D. Jax...very stupid. Last week I would have scored 129 and would have been playing my dad in the championship for the 2nd time in 3 years. I like my team a lot better than his and predict this other dude wins.

I'll be bitter for awhile about my messing up and benching Jackson because if it weren't for that blunder, I'm guessing I'd be 2/3 in Championship victories!

I play in six years, only one of them for 10+. So I guess I have about 36 seasons under my belt, all total.

I have won:

3/10 in my HS buddy league - and am not in title game this year

1/5 in a big $$ auction league, and am in champ game this week

2/9 in a work buddy league - no playoffs this year

0/7 in another friend league

0/3 in another league - 2nd place last year, lost 1st round this year

0/2 in neighborhood frind league - in champ game this weekend...

Over the past decade I've won 3 championships but have also held a ton of 1st place regular season finishes which always seem to end in crappy playoff games :shocking:

I'm usually able to make the playoffs every year, but it's been a while since I've been in a title game. Tomorrow I try to go for #4 even though I finished the season 3rd.

I have been playing for over 20 years.

I played in 2 leagues usually the first 10-15 years, played in 3 once, but found it too confussing for me when people asked who I had on my team heh.

We started out playing IDP for the first 3-4 years, but had trouble finding people that felt comfortable to keep doing it and switched to team def after that in my main league.

I won my main league 3 times in the first 10 years, which was always the most competitive. I was in the Championship game and lost 3 times also. Most of this time was when you used the USA today for stats and no computer programs or insta-stats. So if you were willing to put in the time and track players, it did give you a heads up. We usually had half the league that was willing to put the work in to track, the others knew sports well, and kept up, but they would miss out on the hidden gems that could of been the last piece.

It seems a lot harder to get a leg up on people now, with so many stats instantly available, but you still can.

I moved for my work, so I am in a work league with a bunch of people that only started to play with me. We usually only have 8 people, which sucks, but the last 3 years it has been me and my wife in the superbowl, and she was 1.4 points away from it being 4 years heh. I admit, this league sucks, but its what I got and for fun.

This is our 17th year of an 8 man league. I am 5-0 in the finals, an 11-3 record overall in the playoffs and have reached the finals again this year. looking to be only the 3rd player to achieve back to back titles. Have won numerous other 8 man leagues and Yahoo leagues (currently in finals this year as well). My first year my 1st pick in '93 was Dan Marino who happened to get knocked out for the season that season so I won the Championship w Jeff Hostetler!!! Came down to a Monday nighter with the Eagles and 49ers and John Taylor caught a long TD pass to win it for me by 1 pt. Going strong ever since!