Sign in to follow this  
mzf5c5

Gregg Williams - Stupid Comments

I am sorry, one thing you can say about the Colts, you won't find them talking a lot of smack before a big game, nor do they come out making stupid remarks like this.

What they do is back it up come Sunday. If anything, this guy should have learned from Rex...Talked a lot of smack and Manning showed him why he was the league MVP and why the Colts, not the Jets belong in the Super Bowl.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...eyton-manning/1

"This guy's got a great clock in his head. The big thing is that he throws the ball so early that we're going to have to do a good job of finding ways to get to him and when we do get to him we're going to have to make sure he gets a couple 'remember me' shots when we get there."

Lets be honest...You aren't going to scare Manning or the Colts by making these comments. What are you going to do? Manning is going to say fine, you think you can do this to me, well let me show you how good I really am. And the Colts OL is going to say, you may think you are going to get to our QB, but if you think you are going to get some "remember me" shots on him, well that is where I come in and will make sure you don't get them.

Serious? Talk the smack after the game. But if you do it before hand, you better back it up, or YOU will look like the idiot.

Only smack talk I like is Ocho's....seems harmless and is meant more for comedy than actual smack.

I am going to enjoy this Superbowl, dont mind who wins, but if I had money on it...(and I dont) I would take the Colts.

I am sorry, one thing you can say about the Colts, you won't find them talking a lot of smack before a big game, nor do they come out making stupid remarks like this.

What they do is back it up come Sunday. If anything, this guy should have learned from Rex...Talked a lot of smack and Manning showed him why he was the league MVP and why the Colts, not the Jets belong in the Super Bowl.

"This guy's got a great clock in his head. The big thing is that he throws the ball so early that we're going to have to do a good job of finding ways to get to him and when we do get to him we're going to have to make sure he gets a couple 'remember me' shots when we get there."

Lets be honest...You aren't going to scare Manning or the Colts by making these comments. What are you going to do? Manning is going to say fine, you think you can do this to me, well let me show you how good I really am. And the Colts OL is going to say, you may think you are going to get to our QB, but if you think you are going to get some "remember me" shots on him, well that is where I come in and will make sure you don't get them.

Serious? Talk the smack after the game. But if you do it before hand, you better back it up, or YOU will look like the idiot.

Well...for all of the quotes he had in that interview...you picked one that was pretty...meh.

Saying that they have to find ways to get to him and when they do they need to make them count as a remember me shot is hardly anything big as far as smack.

He is not saying they are going to get those...he is saying they need to try and get to him...

There were worse quotes in that interview...much worse.

If that is what you call smack...pretty weak.

jeebus, that's not smack talk...that's not goading...that's not even bulletin board material.

Well...for all of the quotes he had in that interview...you picked one that was pretty...meh.

Saying that they have to find ways to get to him and when they do they need to make them count as a remember me shot is hardly anything big as far as smack.

He is not saying they are going to get those...he is saying they need to try and get to him...

Oh, I heard some of the others. I just posted that one. I wanted a good game, close with the Colts winning. NOW, I want the Colts to destroy them and make it a blowout!

Honestly - even as a Colts fan, I didn't find his remarks out of line. The one comment that was probably "uncalled for" was the comment about hoping Manning doesn't make it back up after a Remember Me shot.

Gregg Williams should prolly leave that talk for the locker room and not the radio. :pointstosky:

However it really is a non-story. Not a big deal.

Great, now we'll get 7 different roughing the passer calls when Bobby McCray grazes Manning's left elbow.

Thanks a bunch, Gregg!

:pointstosky:

Honestly - even as a Colts fan, I didn't find his remarks out of line. The one comment that was probably "uncalled for" was the comment about hoping Manning doesn't make it back up after a Remember Me shot.

Oh, I don't think his comments are out of line and I know he is trying to modivate his players, but I think time has proven, making these comments and backing them up never really work out that well.

Kinda like Plaxico Burruss on the Pats...then Brady comes out and laughs about only scoring 17 points. Well, they only scored 14. Plaxico just said the game was going to be close, I think what...24 to 17....which prompted Brady to make a comment back.

I just find it more fun to watch Manning, when a team has tried to come out and tell him what they are going to do to you. It just drives him more. If I was Sean, I would have told my Defensive guy to shut up and that we didn't need to give Manning any more fuel to want to beat us.

Part of it is probably from being comfortable with the host as well.

It was the 2nd show on that radio station for that time slot.

Just recently dropping Jim Rome for a local show hosted by ex-Titan Blaine Bishop who had been coached by Williams when he was here.

If you think this is smack talk you must be a Millennial. Are you OK with tackling during the game?

Heard pieces on the radio. Not sure he was even really directing a lot of that towards Manning. I was under the impression he was referring to what they did to Favre half the time. Something about "cut off the head, being the QB, and the body will die".

Heard pieces on the radio. Not sure he was even really directing a lot of that towards Manning. I was under the impression he was referring to what they did to Favre half the time. Something about "cut off the head, being the QB, and the body will die".

No, he made those comments towards Manning as well. Also about how he hopes he doesn't get back up if they do get a shot at him.

It is all good, when Manning throws for 400 yards and 4 to 5 td's against his defense. Manning is 5 for 6 against his defenses in the past. I like those odds.

No, he made those comments towards Manning as well. Also about how he hopes he doesn't get back up if they do get a shot at him.

It is all good, when Manning throws for 400 yards and 4 to 5 td's against his defense. Manning is 5 for 6 against his defenses in the past. I like those odds.

Now Now, let's not get ahead of ourselves :thumbsup:

If you think this is smack talk you must be a Millennial. Are you OK with tackling during the game?

You've got to remember he's a Colts fan and has been conditioned to think a bunch of poosays qualify as football players :doublethumbsup:

You've got to remember he's a Colts fan and has been conditioned to think a bunch of poosays qualify as football players :doublethumbsup:

:pointstosky:

Favre turned purple after that saints game. Will peyton be blue after the super bowl? Lets find out. :doublethumbsup:

Favre turned purple after that saints game. Will peyton be blue after the super bowl?

For as much as I've always loved Peyton Manning, his "aww, shucks" routine bothers the living piss out of me. When he got benched as the Colts forfeited their chance at a perfect season, you could tell it was eating him up inside. Focking guy has been the face of the franchise for over a decade, been a good soldier every time the Colts have blown it during the post season, yet he can't once - just once - say "F.U. I'm staying in the game"?! Does this guy have a self-interested bone in his body? Whatever. He's such a "YES" man that he'd probably support Curtis Painter starting the Super Bowl if that's what management wanted.

Favre turned purple after that saints game. Will peyton be blue after the super bowl? Lets find out. :overhead:

I will give you credit, that was good! :dunno:

But how many people here really think the Saints are going to hit him, like they did Farve? Lets be honest.

Its going be a good superbowl. Regardless. Its not Rex Gross man and his dud offense Colts are playing this time. So dont expect them to lay over and take it.

Go Saints!

I will give you credit, that was good! :overhead:

But how many people here really think the Saints are going to hit him, like they did Farve? Lets be honest.

I do. I have watched this defense all year. Some call them "opportunistic". I call them old school football players. They want to hurt you. The hit on Warner after his interception in the divisional game is what this defense is all about. They didn't have to take that shot, but they did. Did you see Favre run for the sideline after his interceptions last week? He knew. Ronnie Lott addressed the team before the Minny game last week. Ronnie "Fawking" Lott. If the refs let them play ball, it should be a good game. If Manning starts to whine and gets his way, it'll be a blowout.

Considering that Favre and the Vikes moved the ball @ will on these guys and it was the Vikes self committed turnovers that lost the game; I wouldn't be too confident if I were the Saints.....

Remember, this same defense made Laurence Moroney look like a real RB on Monday Night weeks earlier...nothing to be proud of Gregg....

Considering that Favre and the Vikes moved the ball @ will on these guys and it was the Vikes self committed turnovers that lost the game; I wouldn't be too confident if I were the Saints.....

Remember, this same defense made Laurence Moroney look like a real RB on Monday Night weeks earlier...nothing to be proud of Gregg....

That Monday Night game against the Pats is what makes me think it's going to be a good game. We shut down the pass against them and forced them to run. The Pats threw in the white flag five minutes left in the fourth quarter and pulled Brady. I don't remember Belicheck ever doing that. I'd say it was a great game for Williams. And winning a game like that gives the Saints confidence for next week. Did you even watch that game?

What are the Colts ranked this year in rushing?

That Monday Night game against the Pats is what makes me think it's going to be a good game. We shut down the pass against them and forced them to run. The Pats threw in the white flag five minutes left in the fourth quarter and pulled Brady. I don't remember Belicheck ever doing that. I'd say it was a great game for Williams. And winning a game like that gives the Saints confidence for next week. Did you even watch that game?

What are the Colts ranked this year in rushing?

They averaged over 4 YPC last week against the Jets. :lol: :pointstosky:

Smack Talk??? The Saints' DC discussing basic defensive strategy......pressure and hit the opposing team's QB as much as possible.........if this is NOT the Colts' DC's strategy against Brees......he should be fired.

Greg Williams is an idiot. Never liked him, never will. I hope the Colts offense leaves Williams on the sideline with his jaw dropped to the ground wondering how the hell Manning and company just completely destroyed his defense. I'd pay a 100 bucks to get a photo of Williams looking like he'd like to commit suicide after his defense gives up 35 plus points to the Colts.

While I do like the fact that the Saints made it to the superbowl, they deserve it after what the city's been through, I think Manning gets his 2nd ring against Daddy's old team to the tune of.......

Colts- 47

Saints- 29

**Just noticed it. The Colts beat the Saints by 18 points, Manning's jersey number. How fitting :overhead:

Smack Talk??? The Saints' DC discussing basic defensive strategy......pressure and hit the opposing team's QB as much as possible.........if this is NOT the Colts' DC's strategy against Brees......he should be fired.

Ok, for all these people that are clueless. When you come out and start talking about what you are going to do to the other team, or you send them little gift baskets and other items or messages, this is considered giving them some smack.

I am sorry that a few of you have no idea what smack talk is. But anytime you come out and say, I am going to do this to you, it is smack talk. Please, lets keep this on topic. If you don't think it is smack talk, feel free to go post in another thread that interest you.

What I find funny, I bet Gregg would even tell you he was talking smack and you idiots would still go...this is smack talk?

I will give you credit, that was good! :thumbsup:

You can get to anyone if you plan on doing it late, or low, or both! Remember, the first few series, Manning is learning and often looking poor, until he figures it out. They will also be looking to do the damage early. I just hope a McCray type hit doesn't affect the Super Bowl and this great QB.

Ok, for all these people that are clueless. When you come out and start talking about what you are going to do to the other team, or you send them little gift baskets and other items or messages, this is considered giving them some smack.

I am sorry that a few of you have no idea what smack talk is. But anytime you come out and say, I am going to do this to you, it is smack talk. Please, lets keep this on topic. If you don't think it is smack talk, feel free to go post in another thread that interest you.

What I find funny, I bet Gregg would even tell you he was talking smack and you idiots would still go...this is smack talk?

So....any answers that are not the vanilla, canned, rote replies we hear a million times during the preamble would qualify as "smack talk". Yet Rex Ryan is praised for it.

You are doing exactly what many people accused Patriots fans of doing a couple of years ago: grasping at straws to play the "disrespect card". The fact that you either don't recognize it or refuse to acknowledge it only makes it more silly.

So....any answers that are not the vanilla, canned, rote replies we hear a million times during the preamble would qualify as "smack talk". Yet Rex Ryan is praised for it.

You are doing exactly what many people accused Patriots fans of doing a couple of years ago: grasping at straws to play the "disrespect card". The fact that you either don't recognize it or refuse to acknowledge it only makes it more silly.

Disrespect card? What are you talking abot? And yes, Rex was talking smack. Some people will praise it, if you back it up which he did for a while. He was also reminded of his comments that the Jets were out of the playoffs after I believe the Atlanta game?

What disrespect card are you talking about though? Nobody is disrespecting Manning and the Colts. In fact, they respect Manning so much, they want to knock him out of the game, as thy figure it is one of the ways to win. That just means, they know he can and most likely will beat them.

:bandana:

I heard that interview in its entirety, as I am a local, and let me tell you, they are making much about nothing.

All he said was, in a nutshell, that you have to hit the quarterback. Is that a newsflash? That to beat a manning, or a brady, or a brees, that you have to hit the qb? He never said anything about trying to hurt they guy.

Basically, he said, and Blaine Bishop (one of the hosts) discussed later, that on defense, you have to have a fierce warrior mentality. That's it.