Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Provision in Arizona would require Obama to show birth certificate

link

PHOENIX -- The Arizona House on Monday voted for a provision that would require President Barack Obama to show his birth certificate if he hopes to be on the state's ballot when he runs for reelection.

The House voted 31-22 to add the provision to a separate bill. The measure still faces a formal vote.

It would require U.S. presidential candidates who want to appear on the ballot in Arizona to submit documents proving they meet the constitutional requirements to be president.

Phoenix Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema said the bill is one of several measures that are making Arizona "the laughing stock of the nation."

Mesa Republican Rep. Cecil Ash said he has no reason to doubt Obama's citizenship but supports the measure because it could help end doubt.

:lol:

Phoenix Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema said the bill is one of several measures that are making Arizona "the laughing stock of the nation."

No, that would be your craptastic ideas on Immigration Checkpoints.

And honestly...why there isn't a law that requires candidates to submit documentation to prove they are eligible to be President in ALL States baffles me. I need more documentation when I go to the focking DMV. :lol:

apparently theyz don't have the innernet and telebision in arizona. if so they might have seen the dozens of newscasts where obama's birth record was promiently displayed.

stay on top of things, arizona. yourz the bestest :lol:

but on the other hand, it looks like the gestapo, er police, in arizona will be able to pull obama aside if they see him and beat him with a rubber hose for being black and not having papers.

so it's all good, righties.

you betcha! :wink:

No, that would be your craptastic ideas on Immigration Checkpoints.

And honestly...why there isn't a law that requires candidates to submit documentation to prove they are eligible to be President in ALL States baffles me. I need more documentation when I go to the focking DMV. :thumbsup:

:music_guitarred:

apparently theyz don't have the innernet and telebision in arizona. if so they might have seen the dozens of newscasts where obama's birth record was promiently displayed.

Link?

Forgive me for my ignorance on the 'birther' subject. However why is this still going on? Can Obama not just provide the necessary birth certificate to the masses and we all be done with it? I'm confused.

Forgive me for my ignorance on the 'birther' subject. However why is this still going on? Can Obama not just provide the necessary birth certificate to the masses and we all be done with it? I'm confused.

Obama won't release it just like he won't release his grades or senior thesis:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSF...ng_thesis_1.asp

Apparently they enjoy keeping this story alive, otherwise I would think the document would have already at least been leaked.... :dunno:

Obama won't release it just like he won't release his grades or senior thesis:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSF...ng_thesis_1.asp

I could care less about his grades or his senior thesis. I really don't give a rats ass. However his BC is another story. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to be labeled a 'birther' as I think its a non-issue.

What I don't get is why doesn't Obama just end this already and make the 'birthers' look like fools and provide the documentation?

Maybe he has and I don't know. To be honest I haven't really cared in the past and did not pay attention. It just seems weird that this keeps popping up. :dunno:

What I don't get is why doesn't Obama just end this already and make the 'birthers' look like fools and provide the documentation?

I'm pretty sure he's having more fun making them look like fools for a longer time by not cowtowing to their ridiculousness. I'm sure he sits in the oval office slapping his knee and laughing that it's still going on.

I'm 99% sure Obama was born in the U.S.A. But just for poops and giggles can you imagine what would happen if it came out somehow that he was not. Holy Hell that would be a fiasco. What exactly would happen? Hopefully it wouldn't be that Biden stepped in as POTUS. If that's the case they need to find this certificate...and STAT!@#!

I'm 99% sure Obama was born in the U.S.A. But just for poops and giggles can you imagine what would happen if it came out somehow that he was not. Holy Hell that would be a fiasco. What exactly would happen? Hopefully it wouldn't be that Biden stepped in as POTUS. If that's the case they need to find this certificate...and STAT!@#!

I would think there'd have to be an entire re-election, no? The entire 2008 election would have been illegal. Not sure that Biden would have a right to be POTUS.

I would think there'd have to be an entire re-election, no? The entire 2008 election would have been illegal. Not sure that Biden would have a right to be POTUS.

I think there is a rarely read section in the constitution about just this sort of thing. I believe it reads, that if an election has been deemed illegal due for any reason, the next 2 highest candidates should pick the hottest girl they can find to mud wrestle. The winner gets the job.

:thumbsup:

I sure as hell hope he was. Imagine what a disaster it would be for our country if we made a Kenyan our president?

He's elected and is almost halfway through his presidency, enough already, we're stuck with the piece of crap. How about focusing on the issues and getting him out of office in 2012. Focking birthers, bunch of babies.

Don't confuse Flahawker with facts. He just wants to sensationalize things and namecall.

I asked swampy for a link to one of the "dozens" of newscasts that showed his birth certificate. I'd like to watch a clip. It has nothing to do with facts. But I am not suprised you can't tell the difference between understanding facts and asking for a link to one of the dozens of newscasts that showed his actual birth certificate. <_<

Oh my god! what a joke of a state! :thumbsdown: :lol:

Thanks Mr. Helper! But this isn't a link to one of the dozen or so newscasts mentioned earlier in the thread. :headbanger:

No, it's a link to the document they were reporting on, the document whose validity was attested to from the highest levels and supported with anecdotal evidence as well. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure he's having more fun making them look like fools for a longer time by not cowtowing to their ridiculousness. I'm sure he sits in the oval office slapping his knee and laughing that it's still going on.

How is it ridiculous to expect proper documentation?

Oh my god! what a joke of a state! :headbanger: :lol:

Clearly, they have convinced themselves that Obama is not of this nation.....I had no idea that state was so conservative.... :rolleyes:

I asked swampy for a link to one of the "dozens" of newscasts that showed his birth certificate. I'd like to watch a clip. It has nothing to do with facts. But I am not suprised you can't tell the difference between understanding facts and asking for a link to one of the dozens of newscasts that showed his actual birth certificate. :headbanger:

He posts a news clip and you claim it's liberal bias. The cycle is tiring. Why don't you go back to trying to hijacking my umpire thread? It's more fun beating on you over there.

I'm sure he has already met all the requirements already. Last I checked, he was the President of the United States.

It would be 'ridiculous' for him to show documentation because some idiots from Fox News and a bunch of conspiracy theorists, actually believe the BS.

Clearly, they have convinced themselves that Obama is not of this nation.....I had no idea that state was so conservative.... :headbanger:

To be fair, there are people still today that think Bush made up the whole WMD thing out of thin air. Sometimes political conspiracy theories are hard to kill.

To be fair, there are people still today that think Bush blew up the WTC. Sometimes political conspiracy theories are hard to kill.

fixed

It's been provided (I believe), the birthers just don't believe it.

It's a symbol of one of the main problems in politics nowadays. Everything is so over the top that the idea of working to get the President voted out in 2012 isn't good enough anymore, he has to go now. The first reaction to anything now is blown out of proportion. The prevailing idea in legislation isn't compromise, it's win at all costs. There is no center.

And we all suffer.

It has already been authenticated by the state of hawaii that he was born in the US. why do you need to see his official document? Did you need to see the other president's birth certificates? He produced an authentic certificate of live birth and birthers called it fake even though hawaii officials said it was not. If he produced a birth certificate then the birthers would point out some flaw in the font and continue the conspiracy theory. Producing the birth certificate would not end the birther movement, it would just give them something else to try and use as an exhibit for their looney ideas.

It has already been authenticated by the state of hawaii that he was born in the US. why do you need to see his official document? Did you need to see the other president's birth certificates?

Their last names didn't rythme with Osama. And Hussein wasn't their middle name. And they were all white.

Can you imagine what would happen if it was revealed that Obama could fly like superman? I am 99% sure he can't fly but if he could then why is he wasting gas on air force 1. He should just fly himself when he goes on trips. Maybe Arizona should pass a law prohibiting flying presidents from landing in Arizona without proper faa clearance.

Can you imagine what would happen if it was revealed that Obama could fly like superman? I am 99% sure he can't fly but if he could then why is he wasting gas on air force 1. He should just fly himself when he goes on trips. Maybe Arizona should pass a law prohibiting flying presidents from landing in Arizona without proper faa clearance.

your quite dum :lol:

your quite dum :lol:

You almost sound like you believe the birther-crap. Please tell me you don't.

No, it's a link to the document they were reporting on, the document whose validity was attested to from the highest levels and supported with anecdotal evidence as well. :dunno:

That's dandy. But I really want to see the "newscasts". TIA

He posts a news clip and you claim it's liberal bias. The cycle is tiring. Why don't you go back to trying to hijacking my umpire thread? It's more fun beating on you over there.

So you have to ump high school softball to eek out a living and you are beating up on me? Whatever gets you through the day :dunno:

o you have to ump high school softball to eek out a living and you are beating up on me ? Whatever gets you through the day :dunno:

Considering the clicker I use to keep balls and strikes is probably worth more than the tar papered shack you live in by the everglades, then the answer is yes. :banana:

You almost sound like you believe the birther-crap. Please tell me you don't.

No, I don't. However, if there were a legitimate need for documentation, why not require it? Medstudent is an idiot. That's all.

I'm sure he has already met all the requirements already. Last I checked, he was the President of the United States.

It would be 'ridiculous' for him to show documentation because some idiots from Fox News and a bunch of conspiracy theorists, actually believe the BS.

I know it's easy to blame everything on Fox News, but that was Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh; neither of which work for Fox News.

I know it's easy to blame everything on Fox News, but that was Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh; neither of which work for Fox News.

Limbaugh is basically the same thing as Fox News. Far right sensationalist. Don't know much about Dobbs. Is he that old dude that recently retired?

Limbaugh is basically the same thing as Fox News. Far right sensationalist. Don't know much about Dobbs. Is he that old dude that recently retired?

How would you know? You don't watch Fox and you don't listen to Rush.