Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

SI.com has more details on Roethlisberger

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/art...185/1/index.htm

May 10, 2010

The Hangover: Roethlisberger

AN NFL SUPERSTAR'S REPULSIVE BEHAVIOR, THE ULTIMATE EXPRESSION OF ATHLETIC ENTITLEMENT RUN AMOK, HAS FORCED EVEN THE MOST DIEHARD FANS TO QUESTION THEIR TEAM AND THEIR FOOTBALL FAITH—AND MADE A SMALL TOWN IN GEORGIA WISH HE'D NEVER PAID A VISIT

JACK MCCALLUM

Ron Vergerio, a Pittsburgh-area bus driver and commercial driver's license inspector, has devoted a significant portion of his epidermis to his beloved Steelers. The artists at American Tattoo, a parlor in the Pittsburgh suburb of Verona, have spent more than 200 hours crafting Steelers-themed tats on Vergerio's back, chest and arms. One of the most striking images is that of Ben Roethlisberger standing tall, looking downfield, poised to throw—a quarterback's quarterback.

Vergerio wears that one on his left biceps. Now even this most extreme of Steelers fans wonders if he should get a red line inked through it.

"From a football point of view I'm sure losing [Roethlisberger] would've hurt," said Vergerio last week, relaxing at American Tattoo in the number 4 jersey of Byron Leftwich, a candidate to start the 2010 season in place of the suspended Roethlisberger. "But it's to the point where he's embarrassing the franchise."

While he is likely correct, Vergerio is also likely embarrassing his entire family with his inked up torso.... :thumbsup:

The artists at American Tattoo, a parlor in the Pittsburgh suburb of Verona, have spent more than 200 hours crafting Steelers-themed tats on Vergerio's back, chest and arms. One of the most striking images is that of Ben Roethlisberger standing tall, looking downfield, poised to throw—a quarterback's quarterback.

X-GAY!

I have way more respect for Rapistburger than for this tattoo Leftwich Jersey wearin weirdo. Talk about embarrasing.

Why would you ever get a tattoo of another man on your body?

if my father were ted williams I would have.

Instead of putting his head in a freezer

He's got a Byron Fatwich jersey.

That's what stuck out most to me in this writeup. :first:

Misleading title to this thread. These are the details from Si.com?? This is all ya got??

The OP must have thought it romantic that one man would get a tatt of another man.

if my father were ted williams I would have.

Instead of putting his head in a freezer

I can understand a late family member. A player of Ted Williams' caliber number would also be acceptable. Not that I would ever get a tattoo.

Misleading title to this thread. These are the details from Si.com?? This is all ya got??

Uh, did you click the link to the six page story detailing Ben's dooshishness? For instance....

Mark Baranowski, owner of the popular Cabana Bar in Pittsburgh, says that when the quarterback first came in with a group of hangers-on a few years ago, he refused to pay the $5 cover and used a variation on the Do you know who I am? line to intimidate an employee at the door. At a party Roethlisberger held at the Cabana Bar on the occasion of the one-year anniversary of his motorcycle accident, Baranowski got upset that Roethlisberger's posse rounded up women to come to his VIP area while intimidating customers into deleting cellphone photos of the QB. (His bodyguards allegedly did the same things in Milledgeville.) Roethlisberger agreed to sign a few items, for which he was going to receive free drinks, but Baranowski says he did it sloppily and halfheartedly. The fed-up owner decided Roethlisberger had to pay the cover from then on, which prompted a call from a Steelers security man who wanted to know why the quarterback was banned. Baranowski, through an intermediary, told the staffer Roethlisberger wasn't banned but added, "Tell him he's an arrogant a------, and every Steeler can get in without a cover except him." Roethlisberger has not been back to the Cabana Bar.

Uh, did you click the link to the six page story detailing Ben's dooshishness? For instance....

Not likely. Many people expect me to post the entire focking article in the thread.

I ain't no MKB4 :headbanger:

Just read the article. He got off easy as he's 10 times more the A-HOLE then they paint him to be.

Whats worse a Steeler's tattoo or steeler's jersey?

Wow, he doesn't like to pay covers & signs sloppy autographs! This article sounds like a must read!!! :rolleyes:

Not likely. Many people expect me to post the entire focking article in the thread.

I ain't no MKB4 :rolleyes:

Nobody asked you to be Moose but how bout at least giving us the highlights. Or is some whitetrash squealer fan regretting his Roethlisberger tattoo the best this link has to offer?

i would hardly consider antyhing in this article to be newsworthy beyond simply rehashing old stuff.

he refused to pay a cover and signed sloppy autographs? so, he is a pro athlete?

Nobody asked you to be Moose but how bout at least giving us the highlights. Or is some whitetrash squealer fan regretting his Roethlisberger tattoo the best this link has to offer?

I just grabbed the first part of the article. It is not my job to pull together an Executive Summary for your lazy ass. I can't help it if you are illiterate.

the specifics might be new info, but most of this general behavior is known to Steelers fans, it's really not anything new. Since shortly after his rookie year he's no longer been thought of as a good guy by people who have to deal with him in Burgh and several of his teammates. At this point, I'm nearly ready to wager that Ben is an alcoholic and much of his bad behavior revolves around that activity.

I just grabbed the first part of the article. It is not my job to pull together an Executive Summary for your lazy ass. I can't help it if you are illiterate.

So how much piling on were you expecting with the juicy detail of some dude and his big Ben tatoo??

So how much piling on were you expecting with the juicy detail of some dude and his big Ben tatoo??

The pirahnas around here would pile on their own mother. :pointstosky:

You guys can think that this is no big deal, but SI thought so much of it that they put it on the cover of their magazine. Don't kill the messenger.

Oh... there will be more piling on. Mostly about how Fatboy sucks at posting though.

Oh... there will be more piling on. Mostly about how Fatboy sucks at posting though.

:pointstosky:

Still having your period, huh? I am honored to have a stalker. :pointstosky:

uhh, actually if you wanted to start a thread about something you felt was newsworthy.. then yea, it kind of is your job to at least highlight a newsworthy portion or two.

uhh, actually if you wanted to start a thread about something you felt was newsworthy.. then yea, it kind of is your job to at least highlight a newsworthy portion or two.

Don't flatter yourself. It is a fricking FF forum. This is not CNN or the NY Times.

SI had his mug on my copy that arrived in the mail so I posted the link. If you don't want to read the whole article, don't click on the focking link. I don't really give a fock.

Don't flatter yourself. It is a fricking FF forum. This is not CNN or the NY Times.

SI had his mug on my copy that arrived in the mail so I posted the link. If you don't want to read the whole article, don't click on the focking link. I don't really give a fock.

Sure seems like you give a fock. This is like the 4th time you've tried to defend your sucktastic thread. :banana:

Wow, he doesn't like to pay covers & signs sloppy autographs! This article sounds like a must read!!! :unsure:

Never said it was a must read. The guy asked where the details were, I pointed out they were in the linked article. HTH. :doh:

As the group barhopped through establishments with names such as The Brick and The Velvet Elvis, text messages began flying around Milledgeville: "Big Ben's in town!" One female GCSU student who was out that night told SI, "It's amazing what girls will do for a $107 million contract." (She's close: Roethlisberger's eight-year deal is worth $102 million.) A woman who didn't want to give her name said, "A lot of girls were throwing themselves at [Roethlisberger]."

The 20-year-old GCSU student and others in her group of sorority sisters were wearing name tags of a sexual nature—the accuser's read dtf, short for Down to F---. Witnesses said the woman was visibly intoxicated at Capital City, and one told police that the accuser had been "obsessed" with Roethlisberger's arrival in town.

I found these details the most interesting.

Thanks for posting, I did not know this.

i make it a general rule of thumb never to seriously consider the opinion of someone with more than 2 tattoos

yeah, I still get my SI delivered to the house... I read this article over a 3-crap span (long article!).

Bottom Line:

there have been a ton of incidents and stories out there that suggest Roethlisburger is a complete ass hole.

Until now, fans didn't really know about them all and journalists couldn't really write about them all; they were anecdotal/hearsay/unproven/etc; but the sum of all of them pieced together paints a pretty sorry picture of who/what Big Ben is all about.

I feel bad for Steeler fans. They're stuck with this jack ass and it appears that even teammates (from Joey Porter to Hines Ward) do not associate with him off the field and support his punishment/suspension.

Until reading the story, I hadn't even considered how small businesses were affected by Roethlisburger's fall... the part about the souvenir shop owner with thousands of dollars in merchandise just rotting away is sad and funny all in one, "[pointing to the child-sized, pink Roethlisburger shirts] Would you buy one of those for your daughter? Would you want your kid wearing one of those? I didn't think so"

yeah, I still get my SI delivered to the house... I read this article over a 3-crap span (long article!).

Bottom Line:

there have been a ton of incidents and stories out there that suggest Roethlisburger is a complete ass hole.

Until now, fans didn't really know about them all and journalists couldn't really write about them all; they were anecdotal/hearsay/unproven/etc; but the sum of all of them pieced together paints a pretty sorry picture of who/what Big Ben is all about.

I feel bad for Steeler fans. They're stuck with this jack ass and it appears that even teammates (from Joey Porter to Hines Ward) do not associate with him off the field and support his punishment/suspension.

Until reading the story, I hadn't even considered how small businesses were affected by Roethlisburger's fall... the part about the souvenir shop owner with thousands of dollars in merchandise just rotting away is sad and funny all in one, "[pointing to the child-sized, pink Roethlisburger shirts] Would you buy one of those for your daughter? Would you want your kid wearing one of those? I didn't think so"

I have a friend who runs a sports memorabilia store and he was just telling me over a few beers that all of these guys who are messing up cost them big time. LT, Tiger, Roethlisberger, etc. all make their inventory completely devalued.