Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

**Round One Commentary**

I have now been #11 or #12 for eight years in a row. He (Mike) Hate Me.

LOL....now, you cannot tell me my spot at the 9th pick is not preplanned...... :unsure:

PICK DAMBIT DAN!!! :unsure:

He is just trying to enjoy the brief time where he hasn't yet screwed up a pick.... :lol:

He is just trying to enjoy the brief time where he hasn't yet screwed up a pick.... :unsure:

Savoring every second . . .

Savoring every second . . .

:unsure:

1.01 RB Adrian Peterson, Minnesota

Still an automatic? Did you just drop him in or did you at least flitter with the notion of other candidates?

1.01 RB Adrian Peterson, Minnesota

Still an automatic? Did you just drop him in or did you at least flitter with the notion of other candidates?

Actually, there were two others that I flirted with. I considered the concensus #1, but have late misgivings which I'll explain soon, and another just based on the ridiculous run defenses. Still quality, and I felt like I couldn't have gone wrong with a few of them, but in the end, I believe Peterson is the safest bet to continue being amazing and has the best chance to really blow up again. He needs to learn to hang on to the ball, but if he can overcome that hurdle, there is no downside.

I flirted

Actually, there were two others that I flirted with. I considered the concensus #1, but have late misgivings which I'll explain soon, and another just based on the ridiculous run defenses. Still quality, and I felt like I couldn't have gone wrong with a few of them, but in the end, I believe Peterson is the safest bet to continue being amazing and has the best chance to really blow up again. He needs to learn to hang on to the ball, but if he can overcome that hurdle, there is no downside.

Thanks for the homework assignment, now where did I leave the Magazine?

Rough crowd.

I'm not a fan of having the #1 pick, and it makes it worse in something like this where I want to justify the pick without dropping any names. :unsure:

I'm not a fan of having the #1 pick, and it makes it worse in something like this where I want to justify the pick without dropping any names. :lol:

I am not a fan of the top five picks in a serpentine format period.... :unsure:

I am not a fan of the top five picks in a serpentine format period.... :lol:

I would be if a League uses the "modified" serpentine, where the third round starts at the top again. I am in one League where this is used and it is a lot more fair and makes for a more interesting draft.

I would be if a League uses the "modified" serpentine, where the third round starts at the top again. I am in one League where this is used and it is a lot more fair and makes for a more interesting draft.

The 'modified draft' or other things of the sort supposedely takes into account the top 5 picks actually have an inherent advantage so it gives picks 8 - 12 a little extra. Not the other way around. :lol:

But let's not change the subject and roon the commentary thread. If you would like to discuss this topic I'll be glad to on the main forum. :unsure:

Hey, slow down.... I haven't even found Dan's pick to cross off my list yet

:sleep:

I'm here and will be around on and off throughtout day patiently awaiting my #12 draft pick :first: in meantime...

I am not a fan of the top five picks in a serpentine format period.... :sleep:

I have to disagree, from some initial ADP info I've seen can have a very solid start after 3 rnds with picks 1-5

Surprised a bit by AP at 1 but let's face it, with V4E next, he wasn't going to get past 2.

The top4 picks are pretty much interchangeable based on preference, particularly non-ppr (more on this though).

With that said, I like AP alot this year and seen him fall to 4...where I would be stoked to get him:

V4E if hearing otherwise love the local insight, but I see them leaning on him more as in 08 and it wasn't like he was bad last year. even in ppr anyone notice he had 40+recs last year? Solid pick as any IMO.

OK, boys. It's time to just give him CJ and move along.

ICEMAN :sleep:

Hey, slow down.... I haven't even found Dan's pick to cross off my list yet

:sleep:

The G-forces are grueling...

:first:

Just a reminder that people live in different timezones, work, ect. Therefore it does go slow sometimes. Patience is a virtue. Also no name dropping for crying out loud.

:cheers:

Sorry guys, forgot to check for the draft order last night. Would have sent an email with my pick.

Damn you! This is and should be the #1 overall pick in the draft! MJD would have been my pick at #3. Very safe, and he answered all of his questions last season. I have to regroup and decide on my pick.

Damn you! This is and should be the #1 overall pick in the draft! MJD would have been my pick at #3. Very safe, and he answered all of his questions last season. I have to regroup and decide on my pick.

Regroup? Picking 3rd, did you not have a list of 3 people in order that you wanted?

See? And I still can't explain completely my #1 pick.

I like MJD, but I'm always reticent. Maybe it's because I just don't trust the Jacksonville offense. They seem primed to consistently disappoint.

This pick came down to the direction teams were going and wear from last season. Rice combined for over 2,000 yards last year in 12 games. I am hoping his TD total increases this year as it did towards the end of last season. This is an offense that is going to step it up this year and I feel that just opens it up more for the versatile back. As mentioned above, I really wanted the safe MJD, but chose Rice over a player soon to fall.

Seems like we are starting out a bit testy with one another this morning.

We only do this once a year and I love it. Let's all relax and enjoy this thing together. Spirited debate welcome, of course, but civility is most welcome. :cheers:

Did I come off as testy? If so, I most certainly apologize. :thumbsup:

I think the multiple years posting on the Geek Bored has taken away all the civility I have. I did not mean it as such. :doublethumbsup:

ADP was the correct top pick, nice selection Dan.

next would have been a tossup between MJD and CJ in my own opinion.

admittedly at #4 I was eyeing someone else completely but felt sort of forced into my Chris Johnson selection.

wow, so much for the 'consensus #1 pick'.

MJD is a safe pick and solid one there, though admittedly I like Rice's upside alot.

Careful with Rice though and the near 2000yd in 09...I doubt he gets those many recs again.

Again, first 4 picks interchangeable on preference IMO.

Clearly there is at least a quorum for the top 4 picks, there may be some dissent relative to their precise placement, but depending on how things ufold before you, I think we see who will be taken. Perhaps a more clear delineation will emerge as the season draws near.

Regardless, if you are picking int eh top 4, you win no matter what.... :doublethumbsup:

ADP was the correct top pick, nice selection Dan.

next would have been a tossup between MJD and CJ in my own opinion.

admittedly at #4 I was eyeing someone else completely but felt sort of forced into my Chris Johnson selection.

Exactly. And you could have justified a different direction given certain internal problems on the Titans right now, and the potential impact that it could have on the team if there is any substance to the accusations that have been filed. All in all, I felt Peterson was the most "solid", though I really like the upside of Ray Rice, but am admittedly concerned about the run defenses he gets to test this year.

1.05 WR Andre Johnson, Houston

Interesting, not completely out of bounds given he is a consistent 1.06 ADP, and an absolute beast of a WR......

I had MJD #1 and AD #2. I figured I'd get one of them because of someone taking chris with one of the first two picks. I did not plan on picking between Cj and Rice. I couldn't pull the trigger on chris Johnson after his 358 carry season, and a team heading the wrong way with preseason drama already starting. the kicker was the news out of Dallas and the lack of a passing game. The Ravens, on the other hand are headed in the right direction with offensive additions, and a weakening defense. The ravens will score more than the titans, in my opinion and Rice will be a benefactor of that.

Clearly there is at least a quorum for the top 4 picks, there may be some dissent relative to their precise placement, but depending on how things ufold before you, I think we see who will be taken. Perhaps a more clear delineation will emerge as the season draws near.

Regardless, if you are picking int eh top 4, you win no matter what.... :doublethumbsup:

The first four picks are no brainers. I really did not like picking 5 as there was a drop off there IMO. Therefore I went with Andre as he is in a tier by himself for me at the WR position. I'll comment on why I bypassed two other players at 1.05 later on.

1.05 WR Andre Johnson, Houston

Interesting, not completely out of bounds given he is a consistent 1.06 ADP, and an absolute beast of a WR......

Had I been at #5, this was my pick. In this format, where no trades are allowed, I might even have taken him as high as 4. Absolutely love his upside, but I must confess a mancrush on him for the last years. :doublethumbsup: