Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Draft Commentary: Rounds 11-15

Interesting...I still think he'll land somewhere and play one more season.

You're probably right and for no-hassle that works as a nice late round risk/reward player. But for a regular mock I'd probably look for a safer player.

Dan...I changed White's status from Seattle to Free Agent since he currently has no team...

Okay, that was retarded. Of course, now that it's posted, I remember reading all those things . . . but I'm sitting here looking at an ESPN report from 6/14/10 calling him the man. I hate my life.

You're probably right and for no-hassle that works as a nice late round risk/reward player. But for a regular mock I'd probably look for a safer player.

Hmmm...I think it's safer in a regular mock, actually. In a traditional league, I could always just trade him out for a free agent WR at any point during the season. By taking him in this format, I'm stuck with him.

Okay, that was retarded. Of course, now that it's posted, I remember reading all those things . . . but I'm sitting here looking at an ESPN report from 6/14/10 calling him the man. I hate my life.

Just change the pick...I don't have any problem with that. It's the 13th round for goodness sakes...pick who you want.

Hmmm...I think it's safer in a regular mock, actually. In a traditional league, I could always just trade him out for a free agent WR at any point during the season. By taking him in this format, I'm stuck with him.

hearing some chatter about the Chargers on the internets.

So, did anybody else besides me have Terrell Owens on their late-round radar? Just curious...

Yes I did, I was thinking he might slide into the 14th too.....

If he was around at my next two picks, I would likely have grabbed him at one of them

:lol:

Dan, you going to change your pick?

I changed the pick, but given the previous attempt, I decided to call the Seahawks front office to confirm that Washington was actually on their roster.

So, did anybody else besides me have Terrell Owens on their late-round radar? Just curious...

nah, not at this point. with 15 total roster spots i doubt i could bring myself to select a player without a team, especially one who hasn't gotten many nibbles.

he probably lands somehwere later this summer. Perhaps had I drafted for a really strong Wr group and had 4 solid guys already...

nah, not at this point. with 15 total roster spots i doubt i could bring myself to select a player without a team, especially one who hasn't gotten many nibbles.

he probably lands somehwere later this summer. Perhaps had I drafted for a really strong Wr group and had 4 solid guys already...

Ummm...that sorta describes my WR group...ummmm.... :unsure:

Ummm...that sorta describes my WR group...ummmm.... :unsure:

if you feel like you have 4 solid WR's then Owens is a fine selection. High risk with a potential reward if he signs with the right team.

my WR group is kind of shaky beyond Roddy White so no way I could have brought myself to take Owens.

Okay, so true story.

Lendale White wasn't on my list, and so not on my mind. I was doing last-second background on Leon Washington, who was my initial pick to begin with. So I pull up this ESPN note:

Player News (last updated: June 14, 2010)

Spin: Washington suffered a compound leg fracture in Week 7 of 2009, and must show he's still the extraordinarily quick player we remember from the Jets. If he is, he becomes the most dangerous man in the Seahawks' backfield, a big-play machine opposing defenses hate to see with the ball. LenDale White is the main guy in Seattle, but his career has been underwhelming. Our main worry with Washington is simply that it might be a while before his leg is right again.",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I want you to notice the date. So a player that wasn't even on my radar became someone I thought I better get first. :wacko:

There is obviously a danger in multi-tasking.

Thank you for the grace, gentlemen.

Okay, so true story.

Lendale White wasn't on my list, and so not on my mind. I was doing last-second background on Leon Washington, who was my initial pick to begin with. So I pull up this ESPN note:

Player News (last updated: June 14, 2010)

Spin: Washington suffered a compound leg fracture in Week 7 of 2009, and must show he's still the extraordinarily quick player we remember from the Jets. If he is, he becomes the most dangerous man in the Seahawks' backfield, a big-play machine opposing defenses hate to see with the ball. LenDale White is the main guy in Seattle, but his career has been underwhelming. Our main worry with Washington is simply that it might be a while before his leg is right again.",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I want you to notice the date. So a player that wasn't even on my radar became someone I thought I better get first. :wacko:

There is obviously a danger in multi-tasking.

When it gets down to these late rounds, I tend to spend extra time at google news, searching each player I have for my next pick, reorganizing...and often outright deleting them from the list entirely... :thumbsup:

Thank you for the grace, gentlemen.

MUA? :huh:

that "certain indy wr" has been on my radar and was my penciled in pick for this round. considered 2 other WR's here but meh, i'll go with my gut that says Gonzo is just a better talent than Collie and will at least regain the main slot job.

that "certain indy wr" has been on my radar and was my penciled in pick for this round. considered 2 other WR's here but meh, i'll go with my gut that says Gonzo is just a better talent than Collie and will at least regain the main slot job.

It's a gamble, but a pretty good one this late in the draft.... :thumbsup:

Demaryius Thomas was supposed to be my 14th round flier pick. :angry:

Lucky for you someone else took him, now you have a chance to make a good pick.... :D

My #2 TE selection was between Heap and Sheffler, and I went against one of my golden rules. When betwixted 2 players in a draft, err to the better offense. It's kinda like never benching Stephen Davis. Well I went with the younger often hurt player, over the older often concussed and banged up Heap.

Lucky for you someone else took him, now you have a chance to make a good pick.... :D

:headbanger:

remote controller:

I want 3 players for my #14 pick. Is that okay with everyone?

Yea, no problem.....pick away. we won't mind as we are all "milk toast".

Just kiddin'!!

its getting down to the end, what does he need still? def, k, backup te perhaps?

its getting down to the end, what does he need still? def, k, backup te perhaps?

Backup TE and kicker seem right for the picks. I will use Mike's FFToday projections and give him the top available at those two spots.

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL................................yesssssssssssssssssssss.................the USA gets a miracle goal at the end to advance to the sweet 16!!!!! wowwwwwww even if you don't like soccer ( like me ) you have to love the pride of our country in the closing seconds!!!

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL................................yesssssssssssssssssssss.................the USA gets a miracle goal at the end to advance to the sweet 16!!!!! wowwwwwww even if you don't like soccer ( like me ) you have to love the pride of our country in the closing seconds!!!

While I agree with what you posted, why do you insist on posting non mock related things here. If you have a minute or two to post this why not comment on picks instead, which is what I'm sure Mike would like us to do.

Backup TE and kicker seem right for the picks. I will use Mike's FFToday projections and give him the top available at those two spots.

I agree.

ICEMAN

While I agree with what you posted, why do you insist on posting non mock related things here. If you have a minute or two to post this why not comment on picks instead, which is what I'm sure Mike would like us to do.

right, will all his crap about being busy he still had/has time to stop in and leave unrelated comments. Sometimes doing so while on the clock and failing to make a pick.

Anyone?.......Buehler??

Week 14 - Gaffney provided Orton with a good target when the Colts were triple covering Brandon Marshall. The veteran knows the offense like the back of his hand, and has earned the trust of his quarterback. The number of targets for Gaffney will fluctuate from week to week, but it seems like the chemistry is getting better between he and Kyle Orton.

Week 15 - Gaffney was not that involved in the gameplan on Sunday, but did manage to get one short catch in the middle of the field. Kyle Orton targeted Gaffney a couple of more times, including on a deep pass but the football fell incomplete.

Week 16 - Jabar Gaffney was thrust into a starting role in Week 16 as Eddie Royal was out and Brandon Stokley was ejected early in the first quarter. Gaffney was targeted often by Kyle Orton, who favored the shorter routes that Gaffney was running towards the middle of the field. Orton connected with Gaffney twice for short touchdown passes in the Red Zone, but both players struggled to even attempt to stretch the field. Gaffney is likely to move back down the depth chart next week.

Week 17 - Gaffney did his best Brandon Marshall impression on Sunday, and ended up having the best day of his career. With his 14 catch performance on Sunday one has to wonder why he wasn't more involved in this offense earlier in the year. Gaffney did it all, and made all sorts of different catches as the game went on. He caught high passes, low passes, had one-handed catches, and even made a David Tyree-like reception where he trapped the ball against his helmet as he was falling to the ground. He was clearly in the zone, and knows this offense like the back of his hand. Gaffney is also showing a good rapport with quarterback Kyle Orton

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He knows this offense and he will be the main recipient of the marshall looks this season, IMHO.

I feel he is the prototypical #5 Wr much like Massahoweveryousayit above.

gaffney is who i was thinking about when i took Gonzalez. :dunno: i think its a good pick, tho Thomas may get those Brandon Marshall looks.

gaffney is who i was thinking about when i took Gonzalez. :dunno: i think its a good pick, tho Thomas may get those Brandon Marshall looks.

He will have to find the field first. Next season, if he progresses well, it is his. This season he is starting behind wagon to this point.

I admit, Gaffney is not on my radar, i am still trying to get the suck he left behind off of my teams....

15.07- JScott- WR Muhamad Massaquoi, Cle.

15.08- ICEMAN- WR Golden Tate, Sea.

I like both of these picks at this point for different reasons. I feel JScott can't go wrong with the #1 WR on a Holmgren team. There is a wild card player in the way, but those type of players, though dangerous, are NEVER option #1. I like the Golden Tate pick by Ice in the last round. How can you go wrong picking young talent, and Carrol has nothing to lose going all out this year. He won't be judged on the results after last years performance. Ther's always one rookie Wr who performs.

15.07- JScott- WR Muhamad Massaquoi, Cle.

15.08- ICEMAN- WR Golden Tate, Sea.

I like both of these picks at this point for different reasons. I feel JScott can't go wrong with the #1 WR on a Holmgren team. There is a wild card player in the way, but those type of players, though dangerous, are NEVER option #1. I like the Golden Tate pick by Ice in the last round. How can you go wrong picking young talent, and Carrol has nothing to lose going all out this year. He won't be judged on the results after last years performance. Ther's always one rookie Wr who performs.

I do like the talent available at this point in the draft at WR. There is one more available I would love to have, but I need a kicker. Good receivers still abound!

I also think the RB selections available in 13/14 were good values. I especially like the Maroney pick, where he was taken.

That is why this Mock is sooooo important, gives one a "feel" for where players are taken. I can wait on a few in my 3 other drafts. Course, some things can change in 2 months, i.e. TO signs, injuries (a.k.a. Smith), but I have enjoyed the Mock. Thanks guys. I look forward to hearing what you say about my selections, as a Rookie here!