Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Andy Reid is a moron

So yesterday coach Reid:

1. Blew all three timesouts with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

2. Allowed Kolb and later Bradley to return to the game when they'd both suffered concussions. Kolb reported a jaw injury and had no obvious concussion symptoms so that may be understandable. Bradley took a blow to the head, got up, staggered like a drunken man for a few steps and fell over. There is no excuse for letting him back in the game and it reminded me of when Reid let McNabb play half a game on a fractured foot and half a season with a sports hernia injury.

3. Called a quarterback draw on 4th and 1 while down by 7 right after the 2-minute warning. Either run or don't. If you're going to run, put it in the hands of your running back. If you're going to pass, how about some kind of bootleg or rollout that doesn't go right into the teeth of the defense and gives Vick a chance to get to the edge if nobody is open? Just saying.

Once again, a head coach with more than ten years of experience makes multiple gameday errors that you shouldn't see in pee wee football. Reid may be a great coach from Monday to Saturday, but he's got to be one of the worst in the league on Sunday.

Reid. :thumbsdown:

He focked the team up in terms of identity. It was weird watching a philly game without Mcnabb.

Vick did look good yesterday.

Only Vick can put up numbers like this.

175 yards passing

1 passing TD

101 yards rushing

That's 27 points in my league.

It's the same as passing for 220 yards and 3 TD.

So yesterday coach Reid:

1. Blew all three timesouts with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

2. Allowed Kolb and later Bradley to return to the game when they'd both suffered concussions. Kolb reported a jaw injury and had no obvious concussion symptoms so that may be understandable. Bradley took a blow to the head, got up, staggered like a drunken man for a few steps and fell over. There is no excuse for letting him back in the game and it reminded me of when Reid let McNabb play half a game on a fractured foot and half a season with a sports hernia injury.

3. Called a quarterback draw on 4th and 1 while down by 7 right after the 2-minute warning. Either run or don't. If you're going to run, put it in the hands of your running back. If you're going to pass, how about some kind of bootleg or rollout that doesn't go right into the teeth of the defense and gives Vick a chance to get to the edge if nobody is open? Just saying.

Once again, a head coach with more than ten years of experience makes multiple gameday errors that you shouldn't see in pee wee football. Reid may be a great coach from Monday to Saturday, but he's got to be one of the worst in the league on Sunday.

Reid. :thumbsdown:

1. I don't get this... Reid doesn't take those time outs, the Pack milks each one of those for :40 (2 minutes total) and Vick never even has a chance to drive down the field in the end. Great timeouts by Reid.

Vick doesn't get a chance to fock up the 4th and 1 because, guess what, without those earlier timeouts, he's out of time.... Coaches call time outs when the other team has the ball because they can't control anything else and it saves massive amounts of time.... When PHI does have the ball they can ground it, they can hurry up, they can run out of bounds.... there's many things they can do to save time other than a timeout...

That was the right call by Reid.

2. Totally agreed... that LB should have never came back in.... especially right away.... dumb, dumb, dumb

3. Kinda agreed... I guess we're all monday morning quarterbacking here.... I don't disagree with Vick running (he was running over the packers all second half).... just get him out in space

1. I don't get this... Reid doesn't take those time outs, the Pack milks each one of those for :40 (2 minutes total) and Vick never even has a chance to drive down the field in the end. Great timeouts by Reid.

Vick doesn't get a chance to fock up the 4th and 1 because, guess what, without those earlier timeouts, he's out of time.... Coaches call time outs when the other team has the ball because they can't control anything else and it saves massive amounts of time.... When PHI does have the ball they can ground it, they can hurry up, they can run out of bounds.... there's many things they can do to save time other than a timeout...

That was the right call by Reid.

2. Totally agreed... that LB should have never came back in.... especially right away.... dumb, dumb, dumb

3. Kinda agreed... I guess we're all monday morning quarterbacking here.... I don't disagree with Vick running (he was running over the packers all second half).... just get him out in space

1. This was admittedly a pretty minor deal but I’m still not a fan of using timeouts until it’s necessary because you take the free clock stoppage at the 2-minute warning out of play. As the game played out that clock stoppage was wasted because the Eagles had more than enough time left to execute a final drive.

2. I’m honestly wondering whether the league will consider fining the Eagles for letting Bradley in particular back into the game. That was ridiculous.

3. I’m fine with letting Vick run. I just don’t understand why you’d run a QB draw right up the gut in that situation instead of getting Vick out in space where he has an option to run or pass? Terrible.

1. This was admittedly a pretty minor deal but I’m still not a fan of using timeouts until it’s necessary because you take the free clock stoppage at the 2-minute warning out of play. As the game played out that clock stoppage was wasted because the Eagles had more than enough time left to execute a final drive.

2. I’m honestly wondering whether the league will consider fining the Eagles for letting Bradley in particular back into the game. That was ridiculous.

3. I’m fine with letting Vick run. I just don’t understand why you’d run a QB draw right up the gut in that situation instead of getting Vick out in space where he has an option to run or pass? Terrible.

Yeah... they ran him right at Raji and Matthews, too :doublethumbsup: .... the Packers two best players

Maybe run him at Clubhand(Jenkins) next time?

I still don't get your first point.... Without those timeouts, the game would have ended before Vick could have even tried his 4th and 1 at the 42 with 2 minutes left. Reid saved exactly 2 minutes with those timeouts...

It was a good coaching move

Do you want to go 80 yards with 4:13 left or 80 yards in 2:13 (albeit with your timeouts)?

I guess it comes down to personal preferences.... but when you have somebody like Vick who can scramble out of bounds who can ground the ball at any time, I wouldn't mind the first...

The 2-minute warning was still in play, btw.... The Eagles used it as a timeout to drum up that great fourth and one call :cheers:

I still don't get your first point.... Without those timeouts, the game would have ended before Vick could have even tried his 4th and 1 at the 42 with 2 minutes left. Reid saved exactly 2 minutes with those timeouts...

It was a good coaching move

Do you want to go 80 yards with 4:13 left or 80 yards in 2:13 (albeit with your timeouts)?

I guess it comes down to personal preferences.... but when you have somebody like Vick who can scramble out of bounds who can ground the ball at any time, I wouldn't mind the first...

The 2-minute warning was still in play, btw.... The Eagles used it as a timeout to drum up that great fourth and one call :cheers:

I think the timeouts were ok and you might be right. They did have plenty of time to do something and the fourth and one was a horrid call.

You have to remember, we are used to seeing Andy abuse timeouts like he abuses donuts. Most games, the offense would have blown a timeout in the 3rd quarter because the play didn’t come in on time.

3. I'm fine with letting Vick run. I just don't understand why you'd run a QB draw right up the gut in that situation instead of getting Vick out in space where he has an option to run or pass? Terrible.

You forgot the part where you have your smallest back blocking the center in said really really bad play call.

I think this thread deserves a bump. :thumbsdown:

Indeed. I know lots of people are dropping Kolb but I'm going to hold onto him for 2-3 more weeks. Last thing I want to do is have to waste a waiver in the future to get back someone I drafted. Drafted Matt Moore too! Have Gradkowsi/Freeman/Kolb on my roster. :unsure:

How many mediocre bad games from Vick til Kolb gets the job back?

How many good games from Vick til Kolb has no chance of getting back his job this year?

Indeed. I know lots of people are dropping Kolb but I'm going to hold onto him for 2-3 more weeks. Last thing I want to do is have to waste a waiver in the future to get back someone I drafted. Drafted Matt Moore too! Have Gradkowsi/Freeman/Kolb on my roster. :unsure:

How many mediocre bad games from Vick til Kolb gets the job back?

How many good games from Vick til Kolb has no chance of getting back his job this year?

Those are really your QB's? :doh: :lol:

Just to clarify:

I don't think Reid is a moron for going with Vick. Just based on what I've seen it really does look like Vick gives the team the best chance to win, especially behind that terrible offensive line.

I think Reid is a moron because instead of having an open competition for the QB spot he annointed Kolb the starter and then altered his 3-4 year in the making plan based on a game and a half of experience.

This move wrecked any credibility Reid had and it stinks of desperation. I really hope this means someone in management told Reid his job is on the line. Big Red has had carte blanche for way, WAY too long without fielding a championship caliber team.

This move wrecked any credibility Reid had and it stinks of desperation. I really hope this means someone in management told Reid his job is on the line. Big Red has had carte blanche for way, WAY too long without fielding a championship caliber team.

I have a feeling Reid wants to start Kolb, but someone high up in mangement (owner) put on the pressure to start Michael Vick. This makes sense as to the weird one day turn-around from Monday (Kolb is our starter) to the announcment last night.

I have a feeling Reid wants to start Kolb, but someone high up in mangement (owner) put on the pressure to start Michael Vick. This makes sense as to the weird one day turn-around from Monday (Kolb is our starter) to the announcment last night.

Makes sense

You may be right about that, I just wonder why the ownership would put pressure on Reid now, since they've consistently backed his most ridiculous moves over the years? Unless Reid is on a shorter leash now, which works for me.

It makes perfect sense and yet it makes no sense. Since when has Reid ever relinquished autonomy and why would he start now.

It makes perfect sense and yet it makes no sense. Since when has Reid ever relinquished autonomy and why would he start now.

Thats part of the problem. Reid has had too much authority and control for too long. He is the football coach and executive Vice President. But Howie Roseman is the GM, Joe Banner is the team president, and Jeffrey Lurie is the owner. Andy Reid has no authority over them in actuality, especially Banner and Lurie. It's just they have both given him full control and trusted him all these years. Maybe the times are changing. I actually don't fully believe Andy Reid was completely on board with trading McNabb either, but he was pushed in that direction by the others.

I think it was Jason Whitlock from Fox who had an interesting take on Reid that I tend to agree with---Instead of everyone bashing Reid for being indecisive, shouldn't he instead be lauded for not pig-headedly sticking by Kolb? Too often, leaders in all walks of life fail to adjust when the bullets start flying due to ego or fear of looking weak by admitting a tactical mistake. Everyone knows that Reid had a tremendous amount of faith and invested quite a bit of his professional credibility on the fact that Kolb could be the new franchise...the easiest move for him would have been to stick with that in the face of all evidence pointing to Vick being the better option moving forward. Instead, as all great leaders do, he recognized that his strategic plan could be improved by shifting gears on the fly, even if that meant a short term chance for some haters to bash him for being indecisive or wishy-washy...It was the right move to insert Vick as the starter and it was the right move for Reid to recognize the need to move away from his own pet project for the greater good of the franchise...

Instead of everyone bashing Reid for being indecisive, shouldn't he instead be lauded for not pig-headedly sticking by Kolb?

I don't blame Reid for not pig-headedly sticking to Kolb. I'm ripping him for spending all offseason talking about how Kolb is "the man" and as recently as Monday insisting that he's the starter, then turning on a dime and anointing Vick the starter. If he went into the past year declaring this a competition I'd be fine with it. If he was non-committal about making Kolb the starter I could buy the shift. But to bill Kolb as the future of the franchise one day and bench him the next without even giving him a real chance to start wrecks any credibility Reid had and makes me question his judgment over the past 3+ years.

I hope this move works out but it could've been handled much, much better.

I don't blame Reid for not pig-headedly sticking to Kolb. I'm ripping him for spending all offseason talking about how Kolb is "the man" and as recently as Monday insisting that he's the starter, then turning on a dime and anointing Vick the starter. If he went into the past year declaring this a competition I'd be fine with it. If he was non-committal about making Kolb the starter I could buy the shift. But to bill Kolb as the future of the franchise one day and bench him the next without even giving him a real chance to start wrecks any credibility Reid had and makes me question his judgment over the past 3+ years.

I hope this move works out but it could've been handled much, much better.

I understand your take and agree that, in a best case scenario, Reid would have handled things differently...But, at the same time, could he (or anyone really) have expected for Vick to step in and play as well as he has through 1 and a half games? And, isn't it reasonable to assume that, since Kolb was the annointed one coming out of the summer, that he would immediately defend his position and what he thought was the future of the franchise (which is potentially why he made the comments he did on Monday)? My point isn't to say that Reid has handled this situation flawlessly---just the opposite in fact. But, at the same time, doesn't it speak, at least somewhat, to his leadership to recognize that new information (Vick playing "out of his mind") has been presented and processed and to have the fortitude to make a decision that, while potentially the right one, would lead to some short term questioning of the very leadership it takes to make a call like this? Now, if Vick comes out and craps the bed the next couple of weeks, I think that Reid is swimming without a life vest, especially if he flops back to Kolb...But in the meantime, I am a fan of the fact that he made what appears to be the right decision for the team right now and didn't just stubbornly stick with a decision based on old information and pride...

Has anyone changed their mind on this? I know that it was just Jacksonville, but the offense looked pretty good. I want to see Vick go against a better defense; Washington should be a better test. Maybe the jail time gave this guy some time to rethink his life and Reid is the right guy to help him out. What was nice to see was the distribution …

PASS       TAR REC YDS AVG   LG TD
D.Jackson   8   5  153 30.6  61  1
J.Maclin    7   4   83 20.8  45  2
B.Celek     6   4   42 10.5  21  0
L.McCoy     4   2    7 3.5 5  0
O.Schmitt   2   2    6 3.0 4  0
R.Cooper    1   0    0 0.0 0  0
G.Mills     1   0    0 0.0 0  0
J.Avant     1   0    0 0.0 0  0

Has anyone changed their mind on this? I know that it was just Jacksonville, but the offense looked pretty good. I want to see Vick go against a better defense; Washington should be a better test. Maybe the jail time gave this guy some time to rethink his life and Reid is the right guy to help him out. What was nice to see was the distribution …

PASS       TAR REC YDS AVG   LG TD
B.Celek     6   4   42 10.5  21  0
L.McCoy     4   2    7 3.5 5  0
G.Mills     1   0    0 0.0 0  0
J.Avant     1   0    0 0.0 0  0

I've had no problem with the decision to use Michael Vick as the starting QB. He clearly gives the team a better chance to win, and I've never been a big Kevin Kolb fan. If Michael Vick continues to throw the ball like this, Andy Reid will look like a genius. But I think this thread was started to point out some of Andy Reid's poor in-game decisions and management, which he has never been good at.

Case in point: Who the heck runs a toss play to Mike Bell on 4th and 1??? Obviously a 28-3 win was great and Michael Vick was spectacular, so I'm not going to complain about this. But at the time, in a close game, it just looked completely idiotic. You can't do stuff like that against a good team.

I've had no problem with the decision to use Michael Vick as the starting QB. He clearly gives the team a better chance to win, and I've never been a big Kevin Kolb fan. If Michael Vick continues to throw the ball like this, Andy Reid will look like a genius. But I think this thread was started to point out some of Andy Reid's poor in-game decisions and management, which he has never been good at.

Case in point: Who the heck runs a toss play to Mike Bell on 4th and 1??? Obviously a 28-3 win was great and Michael Vick was spectacular, so I'm not going to complain about this. But at the time, in a close game, it just looked completely idiotic. You can't do stuff like that against a good team.

Yep. And yesterday you'll notice that Andy Reid kept passing with a 28-3 lead against a team that couldn't move the ball at all on offense, thereby stopping the clock unnecessarily and subjecting his QB to hits. He did this last week against Detroit; had the Lions scored to tie the game in the 4th you could've pointed directly to his pass-happy play-calling when the Eagles had the ball and a sizeable lead.

I'm fine with Vick starting - he's been terrific. I still think the movie makes Reid and his 4-year plan to transition to Kolb look pretty silly. Barring injury, I see no way that Kolb gets on the field. If the guy isn't good enough to play now a 4th year of holding the clipboard isn't going to change much.

What happened on that 4th and 1 toss play?

I feel after the 4th and 1 last week where the ran vick up the gut; that was a bad call. I actually like a pitch play to get outside on 4th and 1, despite the risk. There's plenty of risk just considering it's 4th down anyway so be aggressive and go all out I say. I don't mind a pass play in these type of situations either. I guarantee you in Jacksonville, they run it up the middle on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 1 plenty and fail almost every time.

PASS   	TAR REC YDS AVG   LG TD
B.Celek 	6   4   42 10.5  21  0
L.McCoy 	4   2    7 3.5 5  0
G.Mills 	1   0    0 0.0 0  0
J.Avant 	1   0    0 0.0 0  0

Washington has the 32nd ranked defense. He won't be tested next week.

What happened on that 4th and 1 toss play?

I feel after the 4th and 1 last week where the ran vick up the gut; that was a bad call. I actually like a pitch play to get outside on 4th and 1, despite the risk. There's plenty of risk just considering it's 4th down anyway so be aggressive and go all out I say. I don't mind a pass play in these type of situations either. I guarantee you in Jacksonville, they run it up the middle on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 1 plenty and fail almost every time.

They came up short on the toss play and turned the ball over on downs. It looked close on replay, but wasn't conclusive.

I think the worst part of the toss play is that they tossed it to Mike Bell. Bell is more of a between the tackles back and is hardly quick or elusive. He is coming off the injury last season and has looked pretty bad so far this year in limited opportunities. If you are going to run a toss play, at least toss it to Lesean McCoy, who is quicker and much more elusive.

Personally, on 4th and 1 the way this team is currently constructed, I want Michael Vick rolling out to the left with a run/pass option.

Yep. And yesterday you'll notice that Andy Reid kept passing with a 28-3 lead against a team that couldn't move the ball at all on offense, thereby stopping the clock unnecessarily and subjecting his QB to hits. He did this last week against Detroit; had the Lions scored to tie the game in the 4th you could've pointed directly to his pass-happy play-calling when the Eagles had the ball and a sizeable lead.

I'm fine with Vick starting - he's been terrific. I still think the movie makes Reid and his 4-year plan to transition to Kolb look pretty silly. Barring injury, I see no way that Kolb gets on the field. If the guy isn't good enough to play now a 4th year of holding the clipboard isn't going to change much.

You both make valid points and I wasn't as focused on those as I was the whole QB change. But you are right; that is the kind of stuff that has to be considered when talking about Reid. I was so disgusted with the change that I was sort of relieved that Vick looks to be the right call.

I still don't see how he cleans this all up now. If the Eagles go 11-5 and/or make the playoffs, what do they do? They would almost have to resign Vick, which I don't think they intended to do. They'll still have Kolb for another year.

You both make valid points and I wasn't as focused on those as I was the whole QB change. But you are right; that is the kind of stuff that has to be considered when talking about Reid. I was so disgusted with the change that I was sort of relieved that Vick looks to be the right call.

I still don't see how he cleans this all up now. If the Eagles go 11-5 and/or make the playoffs, what do they do? They would almost have to resign Vick, which I don't think they intended to do. They'll still have Kolb for another year.

If the Eagles go 11-5, win the NFC East, and Michael Vick continues to play really well, then you resign him and trade Kevin Kolb. There is still a huge market for Kevin Kolb, and plenty of teams that need plenty of help at the QB position.

That being said, we have plenty of games to go before we reach that point and a decision has to be made...

I don't think I've ever seen Reid so openly eat crow like that. There had to be something else behind it. Either management or he went on a bender and lost his ego somewhere.

Time to revive this thread!

So yesterday the Eagles are playing the Browns, a team that had among the worst offenses in football last season and arguably got even worse in the short-term with a rookie at QB. Cleveland was ranked 2nd against the pass and 31st against the run last season. The Browns couldn't move the ball consistently all day on the ground or through the air and from the beginning it looked like the Eagles would only need to protect the ball and finish a few drives to win. Cleveland also had no answer for Lesean McCoy and couldn't stop the run all day. So what does Andy Reid do?

He dials up 60+ pass plays of course! Vick threw the ball 56 times, but he also had 7 rushes and at least 4-5 of them were pass plays that broke down. He threw 4 interceptions and took an absolute beating in the pocket - I was sure at least 4-5 times that Vick got hit, he wasn't going to get up. A few other things that stood out to me:

* The Browns, like any smart team that's playing against Mike Vick, blitzed constantly from all over the place, often sending corners and safeties. Everyone knows that the best way to counter the blitz is to run right at it. Everyone except Andy Reid, who still insisted on throwing the ball 75% of the time.

* Philly ran a whole lot of play action passes, which really cracked me up since they gave the Browns no reason at all to respect the run for most of the day. Cleveland defenders consistently ignored the play action and ran right at Vick, who barely had time to cover up after the snap.

* The Eagles bothered to roster four RBs and a fullback this year, which makes really no sense, when you consider that they barely use a FB and don't run the ball enough to give any one backup more than 2-3 carries per game. The Eagles are carrying as many RBs and DTs, by the way.

* If you're going to run an offense that requires the QB to make quick, accurate reads and throw the ball 40+ times per game every game, why would you make Vick that QB? And realizing you've got a brittle, inaccurate QB, why wouldn't you stop exposing him to abuse and tailor an offense around your best player (McCoy)?

Andy Reid seems like a nice guy and he has the respect of his team. I have no doubt the guy is a great coach from Monday through Saturday. The problem is, he is among the worst gameday coaches I've ever seen. The bigger problem is, the guy has been in the league for 14 years and hasn't gotten one iota better at anything.

Reid still sucks at managing the clock and making in-game adjustments. He still throws the ball a ridiculously high % of time. And he still has a gifted athlete who's not particularly accurate running an offense that would only make sense with Drew Brees behind center.

I'm looking at a 9-7 team at best and no playoffs. And I pray this is finally enough to get Andy Reid fired, because the man is stubborn as an ox and unwilling to change even though he's never won a thing in this league.

hth

So yesterday the Eagles are playing the Browns, a team that had among the worst offenses in football last season and arguably got even worse in the short-term with a rookie at QB. Cleveland was ranked 2nd against the pass and 31st against the run last season. The Browns couldn't move the ball consistently all day on the ground or through the air and from the beginning it looked like the Eagles would only need to protect the ball and finish a few drives to win. Cleveland also had no answer for Lesean McCoy and couldn't stop the run all day. So what does Andy Reid do?

He dials up 60+ pass plays of course! Vick threw the ball 56 times, but he also had 7 rushes and at least 4-5 of them were pass plays that broke down. He threw 4 interceptions and took an absolute beating in the pocket - I was sure at least 4-5 times that Vick got hit, he wasn't going to get up. A few other things that stood out to me:

* The Browns, like any smart team that's playing against Mike Vick, blitzed constantly from all over the place, often sending corners and safeties. Everyone knows that the best way to counter the blitz is to run right at it. Everyone except Andy Reid, who still insisted on throwing the ball 75% of the time.

* Philly ran a whole lot of play action passes, which really cracked me up since they gave the Browns no reason at all to respect the run for most of the day. Cleveland defenders consistently ignored the play action and ran right at Vick, who barely had time to cover up after the snap.

* The Eagles bothered to roster four RBs and a fullback this year, which makes really no sense, when you consider that they barely use a FB and don't run the ball enough to give any one backup more than 2-3 carries per game. The Eagles are carrying as many RBs and DTs, by the way.

* If you're going to run an offense that requires the QB to make quick, accurate reads and throw the ball 40+ times per game every game, why would you make Vick that QB? And realizing you've got a brittle, inaccurate QB, why wouldn't you stop exposing him to abuse and tailor an offense around your best player (McCoy)?

Andy Reid seems like a nice guy and he has the respect of his team. I have no doubt the guy is a great coach from Monday through Saturday. The problem is, he is among the worst gameday coaches I've ever seen. The bigger problem is, the guy has been in the league for 14 years and hasn't gotten one iota better at anything.

Reid still sucks at managing the clock and making in-game adjustments. He still throws the ball a ridiculously high % of time. And he still has a gifted athlete who's not particularly accurate running an offense that would only make sense with Drew Brees behind center.

I'm looking at a 9-7 team at best and no playoffs. And I pray this is finally enough to get Andy Reid fired, because the man is stubborn as an ox and unwilling to change even though he's never won a thing in this league.

hth

It's funny, I saw the name of this thread and who started it, and thought to myself "this could be from any year of the last 10 and I bet it's about the Eagles throwing too much" and I was right on. By the way, I agree with you completely. McCoy is absolutely filthy, but they refuse to let him be the focal point of the team. If the Eagles had been playing a team with any offense at all yesterday, they would have been run off the field.

Really, this dates so far back it's absurd. He used to do this with Westbrook and McNabb as well. This game sums it up, and it's from 2008:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=281116004

McNabb had an awful day, yet he throws 58 times while Westbrook rushes 14. He's in love with the pass, and refuses to adjust to the situation.

It's funny, I saw the name of this thread and who started it, and thought to myself "this could be from any year of the last 10 and I bet it's about the Eagles throwing too much" and I was right on. By the way, I agree with you completely. McCoy is absolutely filthy, but they refuse to let him be the focal point of the team. If the Eagles had been playing a team with any offense at all yesterday, they would have been run off the field.

And when they did use McCoy yesterday at the end, he gained a ton of yards and the Browns couldn't stop them. Had they done that for the whole game, they would have destroyed the Browns.

I didn't read the thread yet. I'm assuming it has something to do with Andy Reid refusing to run the ball :lol: Oh wait... this thread was started 2 years ago too. Yea... I'm sure this thread is about Reid refusing to run the ball. Going to read now.

Jim Johnson. It was always Jim Johnson.

hth

As an Eagles fan, I didn't even know what to say about yesterday's game. What a travesty. Somehow they still won. Vick was obviously terrible, but the above explains the WHOLE problem. It's Andy Reid. Stubborn, pompous, Andy Reid. The Browns were one of the worst teams against the run last year finishing 30th in the NFL. Not to mention they have a completely inept offense. The Eagles have one of the best RB's in the NFL. Naturally you would throw the ball over 75% of the time. Makes total sense.

The funniest thing for me was when they were down 16-10 and finally drove the ball down to the Browns 3 yard line. First and goal from the 3 yard line. Game is on the line. Somehow Andy Reid decides that is the perfect time to give his rookie RB, Bryce Brown, a carry on a trap play. :lol: The game is on the line and you decide to give the ball to a rookie for his 2nd NFL carry instead of your Pro Bowl RB. OK, that was obviously dumb. But now it's 2nd and goal from the 4. The ball has to be going to McCoy. Either on a designed run, or on the unstoppable shovel pass play they don't run enough inside the 5 yard line. Instead Reid calls ANOTHER pass play. Vick makes another terrible throw which should of been his 5th interception. Yes, on 3rd down they did throw again and Vick found Clay Harbor for the score. But those first two play calls were the epitome of the Andy Reid era in Philly. I can't wait til he's gone. But now with what happened with his son (obviously a sad situation), he is probably not getting fired again. :wall: