Sign in to follow this  
bjsteel

Trade J. Charles this week...

JC won't run for a 59 yd td every game, and that offense doesn't scare anyone with Cassel leading the way. Jones, as the veteran influence, will get plenty of touches, and they also will find a way to get Dexter involved.

The way everyone is hating on R. Rice after a bad week against a great Jets D, you can probably do this trade straight up!

JC's stock will go much higher when Haley realizes that he is the feature back and Thomas Jones is the change-of-pace back, not the other way around. :bandana:

I'm thinking about trading Charles and Ben Roth or Charles and Kolb for Schaub.

Then I'm left with MJD, Ricky W., and Best...

What do you think?? Maybe I can get Barber in the trade.

JC won't run for a 59 yd td every game, and that offense doesn't scare anyone with Cassel leading the way. Jones, as the veteran influence, will get plenty of touches, and they also will find a way to get Dexter involved.

The way everyone is hating on R. Rice after a bad week against a great Jets D, you can probably do this trade straight up!

Did you see Jamal Charles Stats last year? Just Curious I am just playing devils advocate here because I have heard this about every player that had a good game so far this year.

TJ didn't go there to be a change of pace back, and judging by is past, can be a problem if he doesn't get his way...I think Haley knows this and will at best, split the carries between the two. That's not exactly a bad situation for JC...keeps him fresh.

Only one problem. What if TJ gets hurt. Then you've traded away Chris Johnson Version 2.

TJ didn't go there to be a change of pace back, and judging by is past, can be a problem if he doesn't get his way...I think Haley knows this and will at best, split the carries between the two. That's not exactly a bad situation for JC...keeps him fresh.

Man, what a pile of horse manure :rolleyes:

Haley won't feature Charles because Haley is a control freak that only cares about one thing: everyone doing things HIS way. Haley never wanted Charles and still doesn't. The fact the whole world wants Charles in there is only making the problem worse. He's just like Mangina. All he cares about is riding players into the ground like slaves. "Discipline" is god in Haley's mind. He wants ultimate say-so on who plays and who doesn't. He will sit Charles over and over just to show "he's the boss".

do you even watch football? Charles isn't the kind of back that can take 25 hand-offs a game for an entire season, and I think they're using him, and McCluster, perfectly so far. I think it's about a 50-40-10 split between charles, jones and mccluster, with Jones getting the short-yardage pounding.

No way Charles finishes outside top 15.

1. Schedule. Plays NFC West and AFC West in 10 games.

2. Talent. Chris Johnson 2.0.

3. Touches. Doesn't need 30 touches to be productive. In a worst case scenario 50-50 split for the rest of the year (which will not happen; Charles is way too good for that to be the case), Charles will still get ~15 touches, which he can easily get around 10 fantasy points out of consistently, with an explosion every now and then. And this is WORST CASE scenario.

Anyone who disagrees is either a Thomas Jones owner/supporter, or just does not recognize talent when they see it.

He has 8 touches tonight for almost 15 fantasy points. Thomas Jones will be like Lendale White or LJ last year; forgotten about by midseason.

Haley won't feature Charles because Haley is a control freak that only cares about one thing: everyone doing things HIS way. Haley never wanted Charles and still doesn't. The fact the whole world wants Charles in there is only making the problem worse. He's just like Mangina. All he cares about is riding players into the ground like slaves. "Discipline" is god in Haley's mind. He wants ultimate say-so on who plays and who doesn't. He will sit Charles over and over just to show "he's the boss".

I agree with this post. For whatever reason I don't Charles is Haley's guy! Just like Harrison is not Magina's guy! Haley ran Larry Johnson and his 2.4 yards per carry until no end last year and I just never understood why he did that! It's like he wants to let everybody know that he is control no matter how much it hurts the team. The bottom line is to put the best players on the field and it should be a 70/30 split between Charles and TJ.

Charles is legit.... Thomas Jones is Thomas Jones, HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS...

The control freak is up 21-7.. There was alot of people saying stay away from Charles. Maybe you should become better adapt and research before blaming a coach..

No way Charles finishes outside top 15.

1. Schedule. Plays NFC West and AFC West in 10 games.

2. Talent. Chris Johnson 2.0.

3. Touches. Doesn't need 30 touches to be productive. In a worst case scenario 50-50 split for the rest of the year (which will not happen; Charles is way too good for that to be the case), Charles will still get ~15 touches, which he can easily get around 10 fantasy points out of consistently, with an explosion every now and then. And this is WORST CASE scenario.

Anyone who disagrees is either a Thomas Jones owner/supporter, or just does not recognize talent when they see it.

He has 8 touches tonight for almost 15 fantasy points. Thomas Jones will be like Lendale White or LJ last year; forgotten about by midseason.

I own Charles and luv his talent, but the problem I'm starting to worry about is that Charles isn't going to touch the ball enough! He is literally for the most part is only coming in on 3rd down attempts from what I can see. Touches count in fantasy football!

I own Charles and luv his talent, but the problem I'm starting to worry about is that Charles isn't going to touch the ball enough! He is literally for the most part is only coming in on 3rd down attempts from what I can see.

According to psunate77 and Todd Haley, keeping Charles on the sidelines is the key to winning football games.

According to psunate77 and Todd Haley, keeping Charles on the sidelines is the key to winning football games.

:lol:

Only in PPR.

Otherwise, 100 yards on 5 touches is just as good as 100 yards on 25 touches.

Odds are against that happening very often...the more touches the more opportunites to score fantasy points...not to difficult to comprehend.

Charles fell to me in the 4th...I had to pick him up!

MJD, Moss, Fitz, Charles

I have Kolb though. Still thinking bout trading Charles for Schaub. Is that a good trade to make?

:first:

Charles touches have a much better chance of going up as the weeks go by, not down. And the Chiefs play the focking Browns next week. If you trade him you're a fool.

Did you watch Charles play last year? Cuz he pretty much broke a 50+ yard TD every game.

Charles touches have a much better chance of going up as the weeks go by, not down. And the Chiefs play the focking Browns next week. If you trade him you're a fool.

:pointstosky:

I love the "he won't get xxx every week".

Should we sell Forte, Chris Johnson and every other player who had a big play because it may not happen every week. (yes, CJ is a bit of an exaggeration).

Have him, took him in the 4th and will continue to enjoy that value all year long.

was offered Mendy and Boldin for Charles and G.Jennings.....wouldn't be too foolish in my opinion

was offered Mendy and Boldin for Charles and G.Jennings.....wouldn't be too foolish in my opinion

Take it and run...

Mendy might be slightly better than Charles, although I think that's mainly because he's "the guy" in Pittsburgh. Charles is IMO clearly the superior talent and if Haley isn't totally retarded he'll get the ball into his hands 20+ times per game. Jennings is clearly better than Boldin.

Why would you even consider making this deal after Week 1??? :doh:

Mendy might be slightly better than Charles, although I think that's mainly because he's "the guy" in Pittsburgh. Charles is IMO clearly the superior talent and if Haley isn't totally retarded he'll get the ball into his hands 20+ times per game. Jennings is clearly better than Boldin.

Why would you even consider making this deal after Week 1??? :doh:

Wuh? Huh?

Everything about Mendy's situation is far superior to Charles. Pitt's a better team, a solid running team that holds leads, and the job is all his. Charles was barely on the field last night and will continue that way for most of the season. Charles is not an everydown back and will never be one while at the Chiefs.

Jennings stats are only slightly better then Boldin's who's been splitting catches his career with one of the other best WR's in football. Boldin is a superior talent to Jennings. The question was what would the chemistry be like with Flacco, that got answered for me last night. He's in for a huge year.

Boldin

2003* 23 ARI WR 81 16 16 101 1377 13.6 8 71 6.3 86.1 5 40 0 23 8.0 2.5 0.3 1417 8 3 10

2004 24 ARI WR 81 10 9 56 623 11.1 1 31 5.6 62.3 1 3 0 3 3.0 0.3 0.1 626 1 1 5

2005 25 ARI WR 81 14 14 102 1402 13.7 7 54 7.3 100.1 12 45 0 11 3.8 3.2 0.9 1447 7 2 10

2006* 26 ARI WR 81 16 16 83 1203 14.5 4 64 5.2 75.2 5 28 0 18 5.6 1.8 0.3 1231 4 1 11

2007 27 ARI WR 81 12 11 71 853 12.0 9 44 5.9 71.1 1 14 0 14 14.0 1.2 0.1 867 9 2 7

2008* 28 ARI WR 81 12 11 89 1038 11.7 11 79 7.4 86.5 9 67 0 30 7.4 5.6 0.8 1105 11 4 11

2009 29 ARI WR 81 15 15 84 1024 12.2 4 44 5.6 68.3 3 12 1 5 4.0 0.8 0.2 1036 5 3 9

Career 95 92 586 7520 12.8 44 79 6.2 79.2 36 209 1 30 5.8 2.2 0.4 7729 45 16 63

Jennings

2006 23 GNB WR 85 14 11 45 632 14.0 3 75 3.2 45.1 632 3 1 5

2007 24 GNB WR 85 13 13 53 920 17.4 12 82 4.1 70.8 920 12 1 9

2008 25 GNB WR 85 16 15 80 1292 16.2 9 63 5.0 80.8 1292 9 1 12

2009 26 GNB WR 85 16 13 68 1113 16.4 4 83 4.3 69.6 1113 4 0 11

Wuh? Huh?

Mendenhall hasn't been particularly durable and he's not even remotely as talented as Charles. I'd call it a wash because of their relative situations but Mendy > Charles is not a safe bet.

Greg Jennings is among the best wideouts in the game and he's on a prolific passing offense. Boldin is a lesser talent in a far worse situation. You are ridiculously overreacting to one week.

Only a moron trades away top caliber players after one week.

hth :cheers:

Mendenhall hasn't been particularly durable and he's not even remotely as talented as Charles. I'd call it a wash because of their relative situations but Mendy > Charles is not a safe bet.

Greg Jennings is among the best wideouts in the game and he's on a prolific passing offense. Boldin is a lesser talent in a far worse situation. You are ridiculously overreacting to one week.

Only a moron trades away top caliber players after one week.

hth :cheers:

I agree with you. I just think the other guy is being the moron. That's what makes fantasy football so fun.

fellow Charles owner...nobody likes to see their guy losing touches, but hopefully last night's 50/50 turns into 60/40 or better by Week 6 or so when TJ and his 3.0 YPG gets old. interesting comments regarding the coach, i don't know much about him. agree Charles can't handle 25-30 touches a game, so a little TJ thrown in not the end of the world, but lost GL carries will hurt. i can't see his value bringing in a top notch QB like Schaub, not in my league anyway. not while he's 50/50 split, CJ2 or not.

I was just offered Rice for Charles in a 14 team ppr league :banana:

I think that's a pretty even trade, but I wouldn't make it. Jennings > Boldin, and Mendenhall > Charles, only because Mendy is the feature back...when Charles does take over the majority of the carries this year, he'll be better than Mendy.

Not trying to talk you out of it, just giving my .02.

I was just offered Rice for Charles in a 14 team ppr league :banana:

Now that's a trade I would take without thinking twice about it.

I think that's a pretty even trade, but I wouldn't make it. Jennings > Boldin, and Mendenhall > Charles, only because Mendy is the feature back...when Charles does take over the majority of the carries this year, he'll be better than Mendy.

Not trying to talk you out of it, just giving my .02.

Now that's a trade I would take without thinking twice about it.

I haven't even thought much about it....trade was offered before the games last night anyway.....pretty much a moot trade.....kinda betting on injuries in my opinion

wasn't trying to hijack the thread anyway

Charles fell to me in the 4th...I had to pick him up!

MJD, Moss, Fitz, Charles

I have Kolb though. Still thinking bout trading Charles for Schaub. Is that a good trade to make?

Do you try to hijack every thread with a trade question or just the last six that I have read???

Why in the world would you even consider trading Charles? His value will never be higher? Do you even watch football?! He should have been a first round pick, so exactly how much "value" do you anticipate getting for him?

Possibly the worst post on the bored today. (did you see what I did there? board/bored!) If Charles were a 12th rounder, or even an 8th rounder, I would not say anything. C'mon though, if you think this is the time to trade him, you are not using your head, or possibly the wrong one. He will have MUCH better games than this, which leads me to the ultimate question; WHY in the world would you WANT to trade him? Big mistake for anyone that trades him. Big. Running backs like Charles are doggone hard to find in ppr leagues.

Do you try to hijack every thread with a trade question or just the last six that I have read???

LOL, Most ironic username ever "ThePRO" :unsure:

J. Charles was drafted much lower than he should have in alot of drafts and even with jones there i still think he's a very solid RB2 that gets you RB1 numbers. that being said i was offered Rodgers straight up for him in my league and had to jump all over it. i have to agree his value is definitely alot higher after monday night...but i dont think he's overvalued, i just think his true value got realized. plus look at that schedule!!!