Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Packers 34, Bears 3

My girlfriend is a Bears fan as are many, many of my friends...

I like Bears fans... you are diehards like us.... and not anything like those bandwagon nancy vikings fans :overhead:

:cheers:

I also enjoy that most of you claim to be hardcore Chicagoans but mostly reside in Toronto :music_guitarred:

I'll likely leave the board again in a day or so, but will come back for the rematch. :thumbsup:

That's just how they are. I was at Lambeau when we shut them out in 06' and they were a very friendly bunch before/during/and after that ass whipping. I think it has something to do with security tasing you, taking you out in handcuffs, and revoking your season tickets if you aren't nice. They have been beaten into submission by the season ticket waitlist.

The 30-year waitlist and the simple realization that it hardly takes a man to taunt and humiliate another man when you have him outnumbered 500-1.... (Philly fan listen up!)

Rape? Assault? Whatever. Something happened that shouldn't have. And I bring it up because there's a pattern developing where Packer players are involved in some questionable situations. Continue to dismiss is as nothing. It's still not something you want to see from your team.

And we can talk about the Vikings.....when a Vikings fan starts a thread claiming the Vikes will beat anyone 34-3. But Vikings fans are a little more realistic than that....at least the ones here at FFToday.

The Vikings have a losing record.....and aren't gonna be any good this year. And yet I'll still follow them. Bandwagon? Is that the thing they used to haul all the #4 junk to burn in the Sconny Outback....aka, Green Bay last year? Or is it the term you affectionately call your starting running back? There goes the bandwagon for a gain of 2 yards. Bandwagon for a loss of 1.

Im sure something happened that shouldn't have. Looks more like he paid them...they got pissed about something and started crying assault...and have changed their stories a few times in the process.

Pattern? You have Jolly, by himself, who has been disciplined for his issue. You have Underwood.

Where is the pattern when you have all of 2 people getting into trouble?

Ill dismiss it as 2 idiots...its hardly some systematic problem for the team.

34-3...seriously, you have been here long enough to understand what that is about.

Realistic...there is nothing realistic about you.

The 30-year waitlist and the simple realization that it hardly takes a man to taunt and humiliate another man when you have him outnumbered 500-1.... (Philly fan listen up!)

Made the mistake of going to a Packers @ Eagles game one time. Never again. :nono:

Don't we do this every year?

10 Packers dominate Bears yardage-wise but make stupid turnovers and penalties

20 Bears struggle to barely scrape by for a home win

30 All obnoxious Bear fans come out of the woodwork and taunt

40 Bears tank; Packers soar

50 donhaas bumps obnoxious Bear fan taunts

60 goto 10

'cept this year.... You'd think as a Bear fan you could show a little restraint

Cutler looked awful... not just like badfavre.... but badbadfavre.... should have easily had 5 INTs

Running game = awful

Offensive line = offensive

Defense = just getting gashed.... bailed out by Packers/refs time and time again

What are we so excited about? :dunno:

Yes, I know the Packers game is the Bears Super Bowl.... but I'm having trouble getting excited about that Bears team I just saw... Shoulda lost to Detroit who's won 2 games in the last 3 years.

9-7/10-6 :music_guitarred:

:argue:

Care to address my response to your earlier post?

Peppers was really good last night, and he obviously had the big block. But not sure I'd say a player who also had 2 tackles and no assist to go along with it as the most dominant player on the field. Even in a loss, Rodgers would of gotten my vote.

Peppers was really good last night, and he obviously had the big block. But not sure I'd say a player who also had 2 tackles and no assist to go along with it as the most dominant player on the field. Even in a loss, Rodgers would of gotten my vote.

Both of them were darn good.

But Peppers caused Green Bay problems all night.

Might not hit the stat sheet...Matthews did the same to a lesser extent. He did not make the sacks...but had several big plays where he opened things up for other people and caused problems.

Defensive stats are misleading often. I had Peppers in an IDP league this week and was shocked and disappointed at the end stat line. Causing at least 5 penalties and checkdowns all night was key.

As for Rodgers, it is hard to find anything wrong with his game - awesome performance and player

I'll likely leave the board again in a day or so, but will come back for the rematch. :thumbsup:

Alright, sir.... you start the thread next time.... i've been having bad luck

I'm gonna call you out on this one...because this is just pure homer-stupidity.

It's one thing to argue you think the Packers are still a better team, or outplayed the Bears last night...because you can actually have a sane argument about that..based on facts & truths without sounding like a complete moron.

But really? Illegal touching of Cutler's skirt? Dude lowered his helmet into Cutler's facemask...a clear helmet-to-helmet hit. I'm sure you were one of the Packers last year complaining about the "hit-to-the-head against Rodgers on the last play of their season against the Cardinals". And bullsh!t PI call...Really? He got mugged. Absolutely mugged. The WR saw the ball, started adjusting to it, tried slowing down and turning around, but could accomplish absolutely none of that because the Packers CB had him basically wrapped up with both arms, while making no attempt to even locate the pass.

I'm not sure what 'ticky-tack' holding calls you speak of, Peppers was consistently grabbed and brought to the ground once he tried escaping the grab. On the Finley TD, he would have had a clear path to Rodgers from about 2 steps away as Rodgers broke the pocket, but he was held. On a long completion in the 1st half, actually...they showed a replay of GB blatantly holding again, but it wasn't called. Maybe you think holding happens on every play......because you watch the Packers hold on every play.

I will agree with you on one thing - that the Bears (Forte) did fumble that ball early - a play that awas ultimately blown dead. But did you even bother to watch the result of that? O. Kruetz did a great job falling on the ball at essentially where they marked Forte down anyway. So challenge the play, accuse the refs of blowing the call...either way it all had the same result.

So really - enough of this BS homerism. You didn't see me slandering the Texans when they kicked my Colts' ass week 1. I didn't complain about a hit-to-the-helmet play on Peyton Manning that wasn't called. I didn't complain about A. Foster's obvious face mask right in front of the refs. And I certainly wasn't on here twisting plays around to make it sound like your team got cheated out of a win.

All good points, sir.... that I may or may not agree with

Despite your slanted view, the refs were as bad as the 1972 USA/USSR Olympic Basketball Championship Game.... if not worse...

And I did see you slandering the Texans (and libeling them, too!) on a different forum (Didn't think I'd see that, huh?)....

Also, when you say "I didn't complain about ____" and then list off a bunch of complaints.... you are actually complaining. :thumbsup:

Im sure something happened that shouldn't have. Looks more like he paid them...they got pissed about something and started crying assault...and have changed their stories a few times in the process.

Pattern? You have Jolly, by himself, who has been disciplined for his issue. You have Underwood.

Where is the pattern when you have all of 2 people getting into trouble?

Ill dismiss it as 2 idiots...its hardly some systematic problem for the team.

34-3...seriously, you have been here long enough to understand what that is about.

Realistic...there is nothing realistic about you.

Don't forget Collins's little flare up. I'm not talking illegal behavior.....just questionable actions by players. Maybe it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it does show that some players just don't get it.....they can't walk away....they have no self discipline.

Add to that, a team who commits way too many penalties.....stupid penalties. Last year against Baltimore. Last night.

On top of that, McCarthy wastes a timeout on a challenge he should have known wouldn't go his way. Hell, it was right in front of him. It was close...but someone should have been in his ear telling him there was no way the call would have been reversed. Save the timeout......save 40 seconds, and give yourself a chance at a PI or Hail Mary. Something other than watching the Bears bleed the clock to kick the game winning field goal.

All these things serve as an indictment against the coaching staff. That team.....with all the talent in the world....makes some stupid mistakes in judgement. Both on and off the field.

If you're supposedly one of the best teams in the league, you're gonna have to deal with folks criticisms of every part of your team. The Cowboys deal with it every year.

And I get the purpose of this thread. I think it's fun. The fans of the NFC North are good fans.....I don't see a lot of trash talking between fans in other divisions.....maybe the NFC East. Anyway, it's a good thing. Try not to take it too seriously.

Im sorry, throwing a mouthguard into the stands at a guy shouting racial slurs is hardly some big incident to add to any pattern.

You seem intent on just nitpicking to bash the Packers.

Remind me of how that Balt game turned out? Oh yeah, they won that one.

I agree penalties suck...it has been a problem at times...but its hardly some idiotic discipline problem that adds to these 2 off the field incidents you are discussing. You are reaching, and badly.

McCarthy wastes a TO on a bad challenge quite often...the guy sucks at it. This is nothing new.

But its interesting how you are making a ton of generalizations and observations based on one game here (and one from last year).

There are legit criticisms...then there are the nitpicky things that you are trying to turn into some big indictment of the team as some major pattern.

And there is a difference between trash talking (what don and walter do) and crap like you are slinging out.

All good points, sir.... that I may or may not agree with

Despite your slanted view, the refs were as bad as the 1972 USA/USSR Olympic Basketball Championship Game.... if not worse...

And I did see you slandering the Texans (and libeling them, too!) on a different forum (Didn't think I'd see that, huh?)....

Also, when you say "I didn't complain about ____" and then list off a bunch of complaints.... you are actually complaining. :thumbsup:

There really is something wrong with you huh...Now I kinda feel bad for calling you out and embarrassing you.

What other forum? Go ahead...I'll wait...::waiting::.....::still waiting:: - I'm not on any other forums buddy.

Worse than the 1972 game? If you really think pretty much all of those penalties weren't justified...you are literally blind.

I'm not complaining at all - I know calls and no-calls are part of the game...I was never upset that the refs missed those calls, because my team was simply getting their ass kicked. I think the only time to complain about refs is when both teams are playing hard, playing well...and an obvious call is missed. GB was playing well, but they were completely shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm not sure what's worse...GB committing 18 penalties, or you trying to defend them and blame the refs.

Im sorry, throwing a mouthguard into the stands at a guy shouting racial slurs is hardly some big incident to add to any pattern.

You seem intent on just nitpicking to bash the Packers.

Remind me of how that Balt game turned out? Oh yeah, they won that one.

I agree penalties suck...it has been a problem at times...but its hardly some idiotic discipline problem that adds to these 2 off the field incidents you are discussing. You are reaching, and badly.

McCarthy wastes a TO on a bad challenge quite often...the guy sucks at it. This is nothing new.

But its interesting how you are making a ton of generalizations and observations based on one game here (and one from last year).

There are legit criticisms...then there are the nitpicky things that you are trying to turn into some big indictment of the team as some major pattern.

And there is a difference between trash talking (what don and walter do) and crap like you are slinging out.

So the Packers run a tight ship and aren't in danger of beating themselves come January? Just wondering.

It's not rocket science man. The same sh!t was said about the Jets and their coaching staff after how pathetic they looked against the Ravens. But now it's nitpicking because it concerns Coach Mike and the Packers? :rolleyes:

It cracks me up that you consider legit criticisms as any critique you yourself agree with. And illegitimate ones as anything you disagree with.

Whatever....the Packers are the best team in the league. Best QB. Best defense. Best LB. Best GM. Best fans. Best everything. Packers....SB Champs!!!!!!

Better?

:dunno:

They need more than just a RB. They also could use some O-line help and a little bit of discipline. Lots of yellow hankies on the field last night and I don't think they can make it to the super bowl with 20 penalties a game.

Sho.....just wanted to bring this guy to your attention too. He's talking about lack of discipline. Totally unjustified. Nitpicking, if you will.

Time to jump in pretty strong.

:overhead:

So the Packers run a tight ship and aren't in danger of beating themselves come January? Just wondering.

It's not rocket science man. The same sh!t was said about the Jets and their coaching staff after how pathetic they looked against the Ravens. But now it's nitpicking because it concerns Coach Mike and the Packers? :rolleyes:

It cracks me up that you consider legit criticisms as any critique you yourself agree with. And illegitimate ones as anything you disagree with.

Whatever....the Packers are the best team in the league. Best QB. Best defense. Best LB. Best GM. Best fans. Best everything. Packers....SB Champs!!!!!!

Better?

:dunno:

Run a tight ship? Not totally, there are some issues, I think you are overreacting to a few though.

How have the Jets looked since then?

There are plenty of legit criticisms of this team, I think you are nitpicking and bashing things that are not some systemic issue.

Your last line...typical overreaction to someone disagreeing with you and not unexpected from someone like you.

Sho.....just wanted to bring this guy to your attention too. He's talking about lack of discipline. Totally unjustified. Nitpicking, if you will.

Time to jump in pretty strong.

You are a focking moron.

There is a difference between the way he says the issues with the flags...and that anyone would agree with...and how you claim its some systemic issue relating it to two off the field issues and someone throwing a mouthguard.

Sorry, but you simply are idiotic.

This would make for a nice sig.

You are a focking moron.

There is a difference between the way he says the issues with the flags...and that anyone would agree with...and how you claim its some systemic issue relating it to two off the field issues and someone throwing a mouthguard.

Sorry, but you simply are idiotic.

Name calling? Really? Why take this so seriously? Or are you just jumping in pretty strong?

Or are you losing your cool? Coach Mike would be proud. Maybe you could try out for RB. You couldn't be any worse than what they've got now. I bet you'd fit right in with the other sociopaths the Pack suits up every Sunday.

Name calling? Really? Why take this so seriously? Or are you just jumping in pretty strong?

Or are you losing your cool? Coach Mike would be proud. Maybe you could try out for RB. You couldn't be any worse than what they've got now. I bet you'd fit right in with the other sociopaths the Pack suits up every Sunday.

Only names you earn.

Losing my cool...not from chumps like you.

You seem more apt to enjoy a sweetness conversation I guess.

:rolleyes:

You've got Philly fans wrong. They'll pick fights when they're outnumbered 500-1. They're just the biggest dbag fans in all of sports.

There really is something wrong with you huh...Now I kinda feel bad for calling you out and embarrassing you.

What other forum? Go ahead...I'll wait...::waiting::.....::still waiting:: - I'm not on any other forums buddy.

Worse than the 1972 game? If you really think pretty much all of those penalties weren't justified...you are literally blind.

I'm not complaining at all - I know calls and no-calls are part of the game...I was never upset that the refs missed those calls, because my team was simply getting their ass kicked. I think the only time to complain about refs is when both teams are playing hard, playing well...and an obvious call is missed. GB was playing well, but they were completely shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm not sure what's worse...GB committing 18 penalties, or you trying to defend them and blame the refs.

oh, but it's okay, dontcha know, because don 'mans up' in 'real life' and thus he has license to whine and make excuses here. but if were real life, watch out. he'd be manned up!!

it's a little early for his whining and excuse making concerning the packers, though...that usually doesn't start until mid-october.

Only names you earn.

Losing my cool...not from chumps like you.

You seem more apt to enjoy a sweetness conversation I guess.

This coming from a guy who thinks it's a load of laughs to post a video of the developmentally disabled at a Christmas party....because he can't get laughs any other way. Then defends himself by saying anything goes on the bored.

The fact that you get all bent about opposing opinions.....about a freaking football team, but you defend making fun of people with Downs....not much else needs to be said.

I can see why you lose your cool over this stuff. It's all you have. Like most Packer fans.

Better luck next wee.....next year!

That's just how they are. I was at Lambeau when we shut them out in 06' and they were a very friendly bunch before/during/and after that ass whipping. I think it has something to do with security tasing you, taking you out in handcuffs, and revoking your season tickets if you aren't nice. They have been beaten into submission by the season ticket waitlist.

man, now we're just sweetmeat away from having to hose this place down and break out the billy clubs and tear gas.

oh, but it's okay, dontcha know, because don 'mans up' in 'real life' and thus he has license to whine and make excuses here. but if were real life, watch out. he'd be manned up!!

it's a little early for his whining and excuse making concerning the packers, though...that usually doesn't start until mid-october.

When have you ever been around in mid-october...you are usually gone by then.

This coming from a guy who thinks it's a load of laughs to post a video of the developmentally disabled at a Christmas party....because he can't get laughs any other way. Then defends himself by saying anything goes on the bored.

The fact that you get all bent about opposing opinions.....about a freaking football team, but you defend making fun of people with Downs....not much else needs to be said.

I can see why you lose your cool over this stuff. It's all you have. Like most Packer fans.

Wow...talk about hurt feelings...you are going back to try and pull crap about me.

Hilarious.

Whats funny is you think Im all bent.

I defend making fun of idiots on this message board...I was not making fun of those with downs.

But..keep thinking you are making me lose my cool...talk about all you have.

What we have is a talented young football team.

You are a Vikings fan and you spent your day in a thread about the Packers and Bears...seems thats all you have...must suck looking up at the Packers and Bears huh?

So we have:

* shonuff arguing with anyone about useless minutia.

* Dr J has returned.

* Don, with his referee excuses, is making seahawk fans sound like Mike Pereira

* Some viking fans are trying to pile on and

* swamp dog (and a Colts fan???) are calling people out for making excuses and whining.

My work here is done. See you week 17 :cheers:

tl;dr

three comments.

GB absolutely dominated the game

Mike Martz is a complete moron

Chicago will still finish 3rd in the NFC Norse

tl;dr

three comments.

i think 3rd is reserved for the vikings. favre is toast. don't let the score of the lion game fool you. favre looked like complete shiat and had 2 more turnovers called back by penalties. looks like chi and gb fighting for 1-2 and minny a comfortable 3rd.

it's early...but we know the lions aren't going anywhere and the only way the vikings make any noise is if favre pulls another magical year out of his azz--and that ain't happening.

no way.

overall, the division is still pretty weak in comparison to other divisions.

tl;dr

three comments.

I totally agree. I think GB is the better team. They will win the division by 2-3 games.

man, now we're just sweetmeat away from having to hose this place down and break out the billy clubs and tear gas.

I actually browsed through the Lions week 1 crying thread and noticed you're still looking for me even after I haven't posted here for probably two or three years. You'd think you'd get tired of the weekly beatdowns I administered after a while, but you Lions fans are a special breed.

tl;dr

three comments.

In what category did the Packers dominate the game? 5 yard routes that didn't amount to actual points? Line drivingest punter in the entire league, because he's too stupid to realize what Hester's capable of?

Chill out insulting Packer fans. You sound like you're drifting into the same behaviour that which you've accused Shonuff.

In what category did the Packers dominate the game? 5 yard routes that didn't amount to actual points? Line drivingest punter in the entire league, because he's too stupid to realize what Hester's capable of?

Packers did dominate that game.

Chill out insulting Packer fans. You sound like you're drifting into the same behaviour that which you've accused Shonuff.

The only generalization I made about Packer fans is that they have not any suitable alternatives by which to occupy their leisure. I heartily recognize the ignorance of making such a sweeping statement. It simply is not true. Many Packer fans like to shoot things. Others enjoy a good Hungry Man entree and an evening of CBS programming. And there are a few who trumpet a strange brand of pseudointellect on fantasy football forums to project an air of superiority.

Packers did dominate that game.

They had about the same number of first downs, the Packers had some more yards from scrimmage but the Bears punt return unit basically made up that difference. The Packers were undisciplined and commited far more penalties. The Bears scored more and ended up winning. Not seeing this domination you're speaking of. It looked like they were going to dominate in the 1st quarter. And never ended up doing it.

In fact, the team that dominated the crucial part of the game was the Bears, as they drove down to the Green Bay goal line on 5 consecutive drives from the end of the 2nd half on, with a punt return TD mixed in.

They had about the same number of first downs, the Packers had some more yards from scrimmage but the Bears punt return unit basically made up that difference. The Packers were undisciplined and commited far more penalties. The Bears scored more and ended up winning. Not seeing this domination you're speaking of. It looked like they were going to dominate in the 1st quarter. And never ended up doing it.

In fact, the team that dominated the crucial part of the game was the Bears, as they drove down to the Green Bay goal line on 5 consecutive drives from the end of the 2nd half on, with a punt return TD mixed in.

Packers dominated time of possession, yards, and first downs ..... pretty simple

Bears dominated first downs by penalty and mustaches on fans' wives....

Cutler had as many balls right in the packer defenders hands as he did to his wideouts (5).... for the entire game... he sucked ass... fortunately the refs bailed him out on 2 INTS and the packers just straight dropped the other two

Rodgers went up and down the field against that defense at will...

Packers crapped the bed.... won't likely happen again.... enjoy the victory :cheers:

HTH! :thumbsup: