Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

Week 4 waiver wire time

I think I'll roll with Lance Moore because with Bush out, he gets those looks. With defenses having to worry about PT, Colston, and Henderson going long, little Moore is wide open. It looked like he could have caught 15 passes against ATL if Brees didn't throw to Shockey and DThomas so much. I guess that means bye bye DThomas. I barely knew you.

Who are you rolling with?

I need a WR in a bad way and there's not much out there. The top 3 FA's in points thru week 3 are Roy, Gafney and Cribbs. After that it's two BUF Receivers! Got my claim in for Gafney - I actually drafted him, but dropped after week 1 to grab Vick.

I need a WR in a bad way and there's not much out there. The top 3 FA's in points thru week 3 are Roy, Gafney and Cribbs. After that it's two BUF Receivers! Got my claim in for Gafney - I actually drafted him, but dropped after week 1 to grab Vick.

Louis Murphy was still available so I picked him up Sunday morning and cut Mike Williams. Both have lousy QBs but I love Murph's speed factor.

Louis Murphy was still available so I picked him up Sunday morning and cut Mike Williams. Both have lousy QBs but I love Murph's speed factor.

Neither available - 12 teamer with 16 roster spots

I've been dessimated at rb with bush, grant and now rice. I've got the #2 waiver spot and pretty sure I can land either forset or green ellis.

My claim is on Forsett as I think he has established himself as the man in Seattle but now having second thoughts for green ellis...

Which one?

Law-firm!

Torain or Darby, or maybe if you can McGahee. These guys will all have more touches going forward, though some more short-term than others. Ringer looks good too, for CJIII owners.

You can probably also snag a Hester or McCluster off the WW right now, so do it if you need help at WR3ish. Keep an eye on Kenny Britt in PPR leagues; he's going to get more looks, I'm thinking.

Roy Williams or Lance Moore ..........dropping Demarious Thomas.

Peyton Hillis, Ben Jarvis Green -Ellis,Willis McGahee or Darby for Felix Jones

I might dump Addai for a 2nd tight end ( Dustin Keller) ... The reason is to free up Finley as possible trade bait for a top tier running back.

Also, I'll be dumping the Tampa Bay defense for Tennessee or Seattle.

I actually just put in for Mike Nugent, kicker out of cincy. Compared to what longwell has been doing for me, hes a great pickup and is probably available in most leagues.

Anyone spending a high waiver wire priority this week? There are some interesting options, but this does not seem like a week to spend a top 3 pick. What is everyone thinking?

Who would be more droppable for Lance Moore? Meachem or Massaquoi

Both. I don't see much value in either; take your pick.

Anyone spending a high waiver wire priority this week? There are some interesting options, but this does not seem like a week to spend a top 3 pick. What is everyone thinking?

I have ww priority #3, and the guys at 1 and 2 almost never make moves.

I feel alright with my team. I know I can let caddy go, and Brandon Lloyd and Green-Ellis are the most tempting guys out there. Moore is a great player, Saint fans must love that guy. But he will be a fantasy non-factor most many weeks. I don't feel at all strongly that any of those guys will be reliable starts.

I'm thinking of letting the ww run tonight, and look at who's left in the morning.

I've been lucky so far with regards to injuries, and the #3 pick could be much more valuable a week from today.

I have ww priority #3, and the guys at 1 and 2 almost never make moves.

I feel alright with my team. I know I can let caddy go, and Brandon Lloyd and Green-Ellis are the most tempting guys out there. Moore is a great player, Saint fans must love that guy. But he will be a fantasy non-factor most many weeks. I don't feel at all strongly that any of those guys will be reliable starts.

I'm thinking of letting the ww run tonight, and look at who's left in the morning.

I've been lucky so far with regards to injuries, and the #3 pick could be much more valuable a week from today.

Even though I love Moore, I only love Moore as long as Reggie Bush is out, which is about 4 more weeks. Thus, I wouldn't give up #3 for him either.

Even though I love Moore, I only love Moore as long as Reggie Bush is out, which is about 4 more weeks. Thus, I wouldn't give up #3 for him either.

I agree with this and i personally wouldnt waste #3 waiver on Moore cause you never can tell week to week who will be the Saint to have a big day?? Pierre, Colston, Meacham, Henderson, Shockey or someone off the street.

Yep, you guys are confirming my thoughts. I am sitting at #2 and #4 on waivers in my two leagues and my thought was to let it pass. If someone I like is still there in the morning I'll grab them, otherwise no one I can't live without.

What time does the waiver actually run in a standard yahoo league. I am buried on the waiver chart because of stupid BJax, so I am hoping nobody is super excited about too many people besides Moore. I think I will set the alarm clock, because this could be a good round of guys that aren't quite exciting enough to use a claim, but still worthy of a roster spot. Anybody else use the alarm clock method to get first grabs?

Honestly, the only thing I'm contemplating right now is whether or not to drop a WR and pick up Moeaki for a TE2 to cover my bye week. I've got my byes covered except for WR, so it seems like shooting myself in the foot, but I'd have til Week 8 to work out the WR situation, and I really think Moeaki vs. Buffalo could be a sweet fill.

What time does the waiver actually run in a standard yahoo league. I am buried on the waiver chart because of stupid BJax, so I am hoping nobody is super excited about too many people besides Moore. I think I will set the alarm clock, because this could be a good round of guys that aren't quite exciting enough to use a claim, but still worthy of a roster spot. Anybody else use the alarm clock method to get first grabs?

I did that once. :mellow:

As far as I can tell, yahoo waivers run sometime after midnight PST, which is around 3 or 4 AM Wednesday here.

According to the transactions log, after week 1 they went at 6:37AM (which seems weird), after week two they went at 4:39AM.

And yes, I know Moeaki is on bye, which is why I was thinking of snatching him up this week. But I just realized that most probably won't be thinking about Week 8 TE byes, so I probably don't need to waste a waiver on him :) I are smart.

Who would be more droppable for hillis or forsett? Hightower or b jackson? or even tolbert

Tolbert as Matthews is practicing pain free. Jackson would be my second choice - hasn't shown anything.

Tolbert as Matthews is practicing pain free. Jackson would be my second choice - hasn't shown anything.

I need a RB since Best and Moreno are hurt and Peterson is off so I am rolling with BGE.. Hope he gets enough carries in that crappy backfield...

And yes, I know Moeaki is on bye, which is why I was thinking of snatching him up this week. But I just realized that most probably won't be thinking about Week 8 TE byes, so I probably don't need to waste a waiver on him :) I are smart.

And of course someone grabs him in my family league :doh:

Roy Williams or Lance Moore ..........dropping Demarious Thomas.

Peyton Hillis, Ben Jarvis Green -Ellis,Willis McGahee or Darby for Felix Jones

I might dump Addai for a 2nd tight end ( Dustin Keller) ... The reason is to free up Finley as possible trade bait for a top tier running back.

Also, I'll be dumping the Tampa Bay defense for Tennessee or Seattle.

Why the hell would you drop Addai?

I stood on the sidelines and here's who was taken in my league:

Manningham... Totally inconsistent, would never want to rely on him.

B Lloyd... Best shot of the guys here of being a consistent producer and making me wish I'd made a move on him, lotsa targets.

D Keller... Been dropped twice already this season.

BGreen-Ellis... Probably 1-2 weeks of RB2 production, maybe a one week explosion to tease an owner.

Seattle DST...DST a waste of waiver pick. Owner now has waiver priority 10 instead of 5.

I still have my #3 pick in my pocket for next week.

an even better exercise would be WEEK 5 waiver wire pick ups right now. predict who will be the hot commodities next week and be one step ahead of the competition.

Saints RB Chris Ivory (knee) has resumed practicing in full.

One report had Ivory slightly aggravating his preseason knee injury against Atlanta, but it clearly isn't a concern. The undrafted rookie appears to have a shot to start Week 4 with Pierre Thomas battling a left ankle sprain.