Sign in to follow this  
DickThuy

4th and 1 and up by 20? Really Titans?

I was ahead by 6 pts thinking I had this game won until those fks decided to run the ball. Are you effing kidding me?

I hate fantasy football :wall: Moved to 12-0 in one league but 7-5 in other cause of that horse crap :nono:

not sure why he was in there and wasn't it 4th and 5?

i will take the win though

cory

not sure why he was in there and wasn't it 4th and 5?

i will take the win though

cory

The Titans weren't trying to hide the fact they were looking to get him 100 yards.

Reopen the Wisconsin going for two debate from a couple weeks ago: Is it the "poor sportsmanship" angle or is it "tackle him if you don't like it" angle?

The Titans weren't trying to hide the fact they were looking to get him 100 yards.

Reopen the Wisconsin going for two debate from a couple weeks ago: Is it the "poor sportsmanship" angle or is it "tackle him if you don't like it" angle?

i know he was trying for the 100yards but it becomes "why risk injuring the franchise player when you are in the hunt, for stats"

I love it! absolutely inexpliccable that cj was in there that late! you know he begged fisher to let him run so he could get a crack at his road record. I only needed 3 but this was my favorite win of the season.

i know he was trying for the 100yards but it becomes "why risk injuring the franchise player when you are in the hunt, for stats"

Football is a man's game. You don't play it worrying about getting injured. Take the tampon out and uncross your legs. CJ2K has goals and he wants to reach them, I would let him duke it out for 100 yards if I was his H.C.

Oh, also, I think it's "tackle him if you don't like it." I hate when people cry about other teams running up the score. I would actually prefer my team run a 2 or 4 minute offense at the end of the game, especially if the other team is trying to stop them. This gives them low-pressure almost "practice" reps in a situation that is impossible to simulate in practice. These types of plays can be valuable when they're running a 4 minute offense to win the game.

Football is a man's game. You don't play it worrying about getting injured. Take the tampon out and uncross your legs. CJ2K has goals and he wants to reach them, I would let him duke it out for 100 yards if I was his H.C.

Oh, also, I think it's "tackle him if you don't like it." I hate when people cry about other teams running up the score. I would actually prefer my team run a 2 or 4 minute offense at the end of the game, especially if the other team is trying to stop them. This gives them low-pressure almost "practice" reps in a situation that is impossible to simulate in practice. These types of plays can be valuable when they're running a 4 minute offense to win the game.

I agree on both points. Didn't really want to get into the whole why risk an injury that late in a meaningless game debate that's been beat to hell on these forums, but in short, I think CJ knows how to run and protect his body. Sure, injury could happen regardless, but he's a well-conditioned professional.

And since Fisher is a legit HC, I'm ok with him letting CJ run. If you don't like it, then tackle him. It wasn't like they were going empty backfield 5-wide.

Almost practice....but not quite. It was the Jags. The Titans Defense that CJ faces every week in practice is actually tougher.

A game was decided in my league tonight because of that play. Very exciting for the winner. I feel sorry for the guy who lost.....terrible way to spend a Monday night.

Almost practice....but not quite. It was the Jags. The Titans Defense that CJ faces every week in practice is actually tougher.

A game was decided in my league tonight because of that play. Very exciting for the winner. I feel sorry for the guy who lost.....terrible way to spend a Monday night.

A game was decided in my league too... mine. :pointstosky: Our matchup was the top 2 scorers in the league and that 35 yard TD put me over the top! Run CJ2.5K, Run!!! :banana:

It was funny to hear Mike Terico say that last run by CJ is going to be the deciding factor on whether or not some fantasy football teams win or lose. I almost lost because of it.

In case you didn't know, Jeff Fisher hates the Jaguars. That's the only team I heard Jeff Fisher come out and make a slap in the face statement after a win. "Playing in Alltel Stadium is like a home game for us. They should change the name to Adelphia stadium"

Funny to see the "running up the stats" post, Del Rio called timeout twice with less than 2 minutes left and down by 20. Priceless!

I agree on both points. Didn't really want to get into the whole why risk an injury that late in a meaningless game debate that's been beat to hell on these forums, but in short, I think CJ knows how to run and protect his body. Sure, injury could happen regardless, but he's a well-conditioned professional.

And since Fisher is a legit HC, I'm ok with him letting CJ run. If you don't like it, then tackle him. It wasn't like they were going empty backfield 5-wide.

Well said.

I was hoping so bad he would blow out his knee. I wish it had happened so the press conference would all be about why didnt he take his starters out. He already lost VY and he did this. Shame he didnt lose CJ too.

It was 4th and 5 and there was 1:47 left in the game. In field goal range, up by 20, and they go for it on 4th down? Classless. That was low-rent, ghetto crap. Javon Ringer should have been finishing the game, but Johnson wanted to continue his cheap-ass record grabs. With that, and carrying the entire final drive, he passed Marcus Allen for most consecutive road games with at least 100 yards rushing. Good for him, but his gold tooth, thug ass will never be the player Marcus Allen was.

I seem to remember a certain coach/QB combo in NE a few years ago really concerned with stats...especially late in the game.

What happened to that in the first quarter of the very next year??

Oh right, Karma's a b!tch :)

Are people really going to whine about what Tenn did, seriously?? Are we talking about football here? Whether its stats or not, stop CJ and this conversation doesn't happen!! Its as simple as that, quit whining as they did nothing wrong! If you lost, that sucks, but thats fantasy football!!

Jacksonville and Tennessee were tied for the division lead going into that game. I'm sure Coach Fisher isn't worried about the Jags wittle fewings getting hurt. He wanted to pound them into the ground and make them feel horrible about how bad they actually are. They are division rivals - - why let up? The Titan's played the full 60 minutes and the Jags didn't. Hell, if it were Peyton Manning, he would've done a play action pass and scored in the final couple of minutes as well. Killer instinct is the only way to go in the NFL.

:lol: :cry: :lol:

What a bunch of candy-asses.

Real life NFL isn't like FF.

Coaches don't shiver and cringe every time their star player takes a hand off.

Del Rio is calling time outs. Fisher is basically saying FU then. You wanna prolong this game, I'm gonna run CJ right up your gunt.

You would be crying like babies if CJ had gotten hurt. There'd be 100 threads on firing on Jeff. Shame it didn't happen.

Fixed

You would be crying like babies if CJ had gotten hurt. There'd be 100 threads on firing on Jack. Shame it didn't happen.

what does CJ and Jack have in common? Didn't know Jack has the power to fire his opposing players. Perhaps you should get your coaches straight :dunno:

You would be crying like babies if CJ had gotten hurt. There'd be 100 threads on firing on Jeff. Shame it didn't happen.

Fixed

It's a shame YOU happened cupcake.

The issue is not whether the Titans had the moral right to go for it; they did. But they were up by 20 points, with 1:47 left in the game, the crowd had long since gone home, the Jaguars defense had all but given up and weren't even trying...why risk your franchise player to an injury in such a situation? Want to run the ball? Fine, do it, but Javon Ringer is the guy you want (averaging over 4 yards per carry that night and outperforming Chris Johnson unti that final drive when CJ got some easy ones). That's precisely where you let the backup just run out the clock. But no, this was about getting Johnson some cheapass entry into the record books (see my post above).

P.S. did you see Chris Johnson actually celebrate and dance after he scored that touchdown? Are you kidding me? I'm thinking, "dude, the stadium is empty, everyone has gone home, the defense isn't even trying because they're down 20 with under two minutes in the game, and they contained your ass the whole night..." The Jaguars held his ass in check the whole game and I don't remember Chris Johnson dancing much when he was averaging 2 yards per carry. What a ghetto retard.

It was 4th and 5 and there was 1:47 left in the game. In field goal range, up by 20, and they go for it on 4th down? Classless. That was low-rent, ghetto crap. Javon Ringer should have been finishing the game, but Johnson wanted to continue his cheap-ass record grabs. With that, and carrying the entire final drive, he passed Marcus Allen for most consecutive road games with at least 100 yards rushing. Good for him, but his gold tooth, thug ass will never be the player Marcus Allen was.

actually, taking the FG there is classless, most teams will run teh ball. Not with your star player though, that was garbage...

I seem to remember a certain coach/QB combo in NE a few years ago really concerned with stats...especially late in the game.

What happened to that in the first quarter of the very next year??

Oh right, Karma's a b!tch :)

Colts fan complaining about stat whores...

Pot meet kettle.

The issue is not whether the Titans had the moral right to go for it; they did. But they were up by 20 points, with 1:47 left in the game, the crowd had long since gone home, the Jaguars defense had all but given up and weren't even trying...why risk your franchise player to an injury in such a situation? Want to run the ball? Fine, do it, but Javon Ringer is the guy you want (averaging over 4 yards per carry that night and outperforming Chris Johnson unti that final drive when CJ got some easy ones). That's precisely where you let the backup just run out the clock. But no, this was about getting Johnson some cheapass entry into the record books (see my post above).

P.S. did you see Chris Johnson actually celebrate and dance after he scored that touchdown? Are you kidding me? I'm thinking, "dude, the stadium is empty, everyone has gone home, the defense isn't even trying because they're down 20 with under two minutes in the game, and they contained your ass the whole night..." The Jaguars held his ass in check the whole game and I don't remember Chris Johnson dancing much when he was averaging 2 yards per carry. What a ghetto retard.

In general, I don't object to running the ball in that situation. And if you pick up the first down, just continue to milk the clock. I prefer that method of controlling the game to letting the other team take shots down the field.

That said, you are right. CJ's antics were embarrassing.