Sign in to follow this  
Grizzly

Collie is in the lineup today

Austin Collie (thumb) is active for Sunday's game against the Eagles.

With Anthony Gonzalez (knee) out, Austin Collie is set to take all the snaps at No. 3 receiver. He has reportedly looked excellent at practice and can confidently be used in fantasy lineups.

Just in case anyone was still debating.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5176

Was watching NFL network at 12:30 this afternoon and it scrolled across that he was doubtful I dont know how quickly that is updated but I prefer to roll with Garcon instead of Collie. So with my luck, I am sure he will blow up!

Was watching NFL network at 12:30 this afternoon and it scrolled across that he was doubtful I dont know how quickly that is updated but I prefer to roll with Garcon instead of Collie. So with my luck, I am sure he will blow up!

He was officially listed as questionable all week. Most thought he would play. I never heard doubtful.

He was officially listed as questionable all week. Most thought he would play. I never heard doubtful.

I agree on the questionable, I've been watching it all week. Knowing my poor vision and the way scrolls work..I probably saw collie listed at the end of the Questionables..and the next word after his name was "doubtful" starting the next list.

Either way, I sat him in favor of Garcon

Im going up against Peyton this week, and due to bye's I have Garcon, D Brown, Tamme, all starting.

Sat him in favor of Charles, Wayne, and Maclin. Doesn't look to matter, I'm up by 39 (non-PPR) vs Bowe, Tamme, and whatever Best does in OT.

That was as long as I have ever seen someon knocked out. It was instant too.

That is the worst call :shocking:

He was knocked out cold though :ninja:

Agree. He'll probably be fined for it too.

brutal call 3x

1) it was a catch

2) it was a fumble

3) it wasnt a helmet to helmet hit or a hit on a defenseless player. That was a good football play.

should be Iggles ball

Got to agree.

Hes being taken off on a stretcher. Hope the kid is ok.

brutal call 3x

1) it was a catch

2) it was a fumble

3) it wasnt a helmet to helmet hit or a hit on a defenseless player. That was a good football play.

should be Iggles ball

Agreed.

It was a brutal hit, but Collie ducked to protect himself and the ball. It wasn't a saftey launching himself at a WR jumping to catch a ball.

It was a clean hit. But no doubt Coleman (?) will be fined $50k and possibly suspended.

Hate to see him carted off the field on a stretcher, but that was just a hard football hit.

Collie was defenseless and the defender hit him in the side of his head/helmet with his helmet. $50,000 fine - at least it better be.

I hope hes ok and all but this was kinda funny

(2:28) (No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete deep left to A.Collie. IND-A.Collie was injured during the play. He is Out. PENALTY on PHI-Q.Mikell, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at IND 40 - No Play

brutal call 3x

1) it was a catch

2) it was a fumble

should be Iggles ball

:pointstosky:

Collie was defenseless and the defender hit him in the side of his head/helmet with his helmet. $50,000 fine - at least it better be.

BS.

Collie knew he was going to be hit, so he ducked, DEFENDING himself.

The original hit was definitely clean.

But Coleman (#42) came in and lowered/lead with his helmet...and ultimately hit Collie in the back of the helmet. Helmet to helmet is a flag 100% of the time.

But I agree, there's nothing Coleman could have done, it wasn't malicious or anything like that. Just the way Collie fell when he got hit a clean hit.

But any of this is a moot point. Let's just hope Collie is okay.

BS.

Collie knew he was going to be hit, so he ducked, DEFENDING himself.

Good luck with that defense...didn't work for Harrison

brutal call 3x

1) it was a catch

2) it was a fumble

should be Iggles ball

Agreed.

It was a clean hit. But no doubt Coleman (?) will be fined $50k and possibly suspended.

Yeah but what do you think of this trade?

Guessing you're a Collie owner? :rolleyes:

How can he be defenseless when he caught the ball and took 3 steps? That was a bad call and if I were a defensive player in the NFL, I would ask every defense to give up a TD on each 1st possession in protest to send a message to the NFL.

Collie ricocheted off the first hit. There was no way Coleman could avoid making the contact. Even Phil Simms said that Collie had caught the ball & protected himself turning himself into a runner. Then he said that you could make helmet to helmet contact with a runner just not a defenseless WR or QB.

It was a bad call & a legal football hit.

Collie owner here. This was not an intentional helmet-to-helmet. The first hit knocked Collie into Coleman, Collie covered up and the helmet contact was the result.

No problem with the penalty, the officials called what they saw. The NFL will review and should not impose a fine.

This is what is so wrong with the NFL these days. All this shows is that you CAN NOT take injuries out of the game, as much as these fagots try. That was a clean hit and he got hurt, it happens. Then the ###### refs throw a flag. How long is a receiver 'defenseless' anyways? He caught the ball and took 3 steps with it. They will continue to ###### up the league until there is nothing left. :thumbsdown:

were you watching the same play? cause in the real world that was a good football play followed by an unfortunate helmet to helmet contact CAUSED by the first legal hit. NO WAY Coleman could possibly have done anything else.

were you watching the same play? cause in the real world that was a good football play followed by an unfortunate helmet to helmet contact CAUSED by the first legal hit. NO WAY Coleman could possibly have done anything else.

I need to watch it again.

Can we get something straight?

I know I'm a Colts fan & all, but lets go over what happened:

The first clean was legit, correct?

The second defender (coleman, #42) lowered his helmet (ever so slightly) and proceeded to hit Collie's helmet, by accident or whatnot.

I don't know what the exact call was, the wording of it, etc.

But if a defender's helmet hits a WR's helmet at the point of contact, it's a flag 100% of the time, correct? I could be wrong, but I believe the call was completely justified.

Was it a dirty hit? Absolutely not. Did he even mean to go helmet to helmet? Absolutely not. It definitely was an unfortunate situation, but isn't a flag justified for helmet to helmet?

But if a defender's helmet hits a WR's helmet at the point of contact, it's a flag 100% of the time, correct? I could be wrong, but I believe the call was completely justified.

A defensless receiver, yes.

But after the WR catches the ball and makes a football move (which Collie did), they're treated just like RBs. Helmet to helmet, while not encouraged, is legal.

A defensless receiver, yes.

But after the WR catches the ball and makes a football move (which Collie did), they're treated just like RBs. Helmet to helmet, while not encouraged, is legal.

Helmet to helmet is only applicable to a 'defenseless receiver' ?? If so, then that's a different story. I don't know what classifies a defenseless WR, how many steps, how many seconds, etc.

I did hear the announcer mention that Collie hadn't taken his 2nd step (both feet on the ground) which meant that he was still a defenseless WR, but that's all I've heard.

You want to see helmet to helmet on defenseless receiver, look at the hit Roy Williams took in the second half of the game tonight. That was focking blatent.

The one in the Colts game was an accident.

Helmet to helmet is only applicable to a 'defenseless receiver' ?? If so, then that's a different story. I don't know what classifies a defenseless WR, how many steps, how many seconds, etc.

I did hear the announcer mention that Collie hadn't taken his 2nd step (both feet on the ground) which meant that he was still a defenseless WR, but that's all I've heard.

As I recall, Collie had taken 3 steps, and was ducking (the football move) when he got hit. On the first replay, one of the announcers said it was a vicious, but legal hit.

Although I kind of get the feeling that during the break, someone "suggested" to the announcers that focus on the injury rather than the legality of the hit.

I heard the same thing. My problem with that is this. While he may not have had both feet on the ground he was in his stride and in between that stride he tucked his head and made a football move. Now at that point he had 2 guys bearing down on him and for you to ask them to look at his feet to see if he has them both down is absurd. The second guy was just coming in to clean up the play and due to the first guys hit had an accidental head to head collision. You could OBVIOUSLY tell there was no malicious intent.

I heard the same thing. My problem with that is this. While he may not have had both feet on the ground he was in his stride and in between that stride he tucked his head and made a football move. Now at that point he had 2 guys bearing down on him and for you to ask them to look at his feet to see if he has them both down is absurd. The second guy was just coming in to clean up the play and due to the first guys hit had an accidental head to head collision. You could OBVIOUSLY tell there was no malicious intent.

This a big issue with the NFL's current policy on helmet-to-helmet hits. Collie clearly lowered his head and pad level. Unfortunately he got hit twice on the same play. I'm happy to hear it's "just a concussion"

This a big issue with the NFL's current policy on helmet-to-helmet hits. Collie clearly lowered his head and pad level. Unfortunately he got hit twice on the same play. I'm happy to hear it's "just a concussion"

I think it was a bad call on the field and if he gets fined for this you may see a players revolt. I am ALL for stopping headhunting but its football.....people are going to get hit helmet to helmet......every game, every time. You just have to look at intent in the fining of players. Im very happy to see he is going to be fine. It could have been so much worse.

I agree. No malicious intent whatsoever. Kind of a freak play if you think about what it took for the helmet-to-helmet collision.

But I've always thought that a helmet-to-helmet play, almost regardless of the cicrumstance, is a flag no?