Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

A. Hernandez owners: What are you doing?

I'm trying to get a sense of what Hernandez owners are doing as I own him in 2 leagues and I'm not sure what to do.

Are you planning on holding him indefinitely or for another week? Trying to nab Gronkowski or someone else?

I checked in one of my leagues, a 14 teamer with no te flex, and a TON of decent plays are available.

Would you guys make a move on any of the guys mentioned here?

Gronkowski

Fasano

Olsen

Shiancoe

Kinslow

Boss

Gresham

Any input appreciated.

I own him in 2 leagues and I'm probably going to play him. I have Witten in one league and there Hernandez is going to the bench just this week. In the other league There isn't much out there and I wouldn't take any of the guys you mentioned (maybe Schiancoe or Winslow later) until I see one more week. I'm still a believer that this was a game-plan specific to that game and we'll see what happens when the Hoodie comes out against the colts this week.

I picked up Gresham because there's not much in the way of TEs on my league's waiver wire, and after Hernandez's big fat 0 last week I wanted a backup just in case. But I'm rolling with Hernandez in Week 11. One bad week is just a fluke. If he burns me again, I'll go to plan B.

First off, Belicheck is a d-bag. Secondly, I'm holding onto him. Knowing the douchebaggedness of said coach, I could see him going for Gronkowski-like numbers this week, but just in case I grabbed Heap off waivers but I won't decide on which one to start until Sunday morning most likely.

I know nothing about real football, I am living in fantasy land.

:thumbsup:

I am starting him this week.

Rolling with Zach Miller (OAK). I was feeling good about Hernandez if I needed to roll with him, but not now. I will hold onto Hernandez, but I will surely start Zach Miller from here on out.

Rolling with Zach Miller (OAK). I was feeling good about Hernandez if I needed to roll with him, but not now. I will hold onto Hernandez, but I will surely start Zach Miller from here on out.

Same here. I was only starting Hernandez with Miller hurt and on bye, but I'll still hold on to him for now.

Sh*t. Numberfire, which 'supposedly' has been mad accurate this season-I just started using them- is projecting him for 1.24 points this week.

ESPN has him for 38 yds. Both Winslow and Shiancoe are projected higher. I might make a move for one of those guys-non ppr league. I need yds/tds.

Aren't the Colts supposedly great at not allowing big plays to TE's?

What makes anyone think he'll produce this week?

That may be true but Gresham just torched them for 9/85/1. Any given Sunday...

Aren't the Colts supposedly great at not allowing big plays to TE's?

What makes anyone think he'll produce this week?

Yes, in fact, they are #1 vs TE s....I have same quandery in 2 leagues, and with my confidence in Hernandez severely shaken now, there is no way I am starting him this week....May drop him for Fasano or Olsen in one league, because I don't need HEADACHES heading into playoffs with likely #1 seed ! :thumbsdown:

Yes, in fact, they are #1 vs TE s....I have same quandery in 2 leagues, and with my confidence in Hernandez severely shaken now, there is no way I am starting him this week....May drop him for Fasano or Olsen in one league, because I don't need HEADACHES heading into playoffs with likely #1 seed ! :thumbsdown:

That's my thinking right now to. I'd feel a lot better about this if Welker had scored 3 tds last week and Hernandez was invisible but having to compete with another TE on his own team for targets seems like a huge headache moving forward.

The reason they didn't throw to Hernandez is because the Steelers had Polamulu plastered to him most of the night. The Patriots made them pay for that. I wouldn't drop Hernandez yet but just remember Brady's favorite receiver this year is the open one. So, no receiver from the Patriots is a guarantee.

The reason they didn't throw to Hernandez is because the Steelers had Polamulu plastered to him most of the night.

No, it was b/c they wrote him out of the gameplan. Supposedly, Hernandez was only on the field for 11 snaps.

I think it has been pretty well established what happened against the Steelers. Pittsburgh spent a week preparing for a guy who barely took the field. Instead, the Pats gave the Steelers a different look. Taking the ball out of the hands of one of your top receivers sounds nuts, but it worked.

So what do you do if you are Indy's defensive coordinator? Make the same mistake as the Steelers and put the focus on Hernandez? Got to separate the fantasy from the football. The Pats have given the Colts a huge multiple choice question that centers on a position most teams consider an afterthought.

Could the Pats come back with the same TE game plan? Sure. And once again, we're screwed. But the odds tend to suggest that Hernandez will re-enter the atmosphere and become a molecular if not substantial part of the Pats' offense.

BB loves this stuff. Fortunately, I played the Vick owner this week and Hernandez wound up as little more than a footnote to the historic slaughtering I received. But unless Gates makes a trip to Lourdes or something, I'm keeping Hernandez as a starter - if for no reason other than than to see what the mad genius has in store for him this week.

I'm looking for him to pass for four TDs and run for two more.

The reason they didn't throw to Hernandez is because the Steelers had Polamulu plastered to him most of the night. The Patriots made them pay for that. I wouldn't drop Hernandez yet but just remember Brady's favorite receiver this year is the open one. So, no receiver from the Patriots is a guarantee.

Polamulu was on the Pats sideline all night? He was only in a handful of plays. The rest of the time he was on the bench playing w/ himself. I picked up Ben Watson.

This may come back to haunt me but I have waivers in for Winslow first and Shiancoe second, dropping Hernandez.

In another league I'm keeping him and targeting Fasano, who could be surprisingly productive with Thigpen, and Gresham as back ups/fill ins.

LOL at the overreaction to his lack of being part of the game plan. He was a big part of the offense up until the game against Pittsburgh. Gronkowski was being played more in the red zone and that trend will continue.

I have him in 3 leagues and will be starting him in all of them. If he posts another weak game, then I'd worry.

Nobody can tell me if you start Hernandez this week against Indy you would feel comfortable. He isnt even ranked in the top 20 this week. Its too much headache to think Will the pats use him? or not. I would suggest finding somebody else. I cant afford any player giving me 0 points and thus lose my matchup for me like he did against pitt. You just cant afford to play a te that splits time with someone. :thumbsdown:

I picked up Gresham because there's not much in the way of TEs on my league's waiver wire, and after Hernandez's big fat 0 last week I wanted a backup just in case. But I'm rolling with Hernandez in Week 11. One bad week is just a fluke. If he burns me again, I'll go to plan B.

I'm dropping Hernandez for Gresham specifically to start Gresham this week. Cincy is playing Buffalo, a team that has struggled to contain TE's this year (though they did alright vs. Detroit).

Besides this week with a tough matchup against Chicago does anyone like Fasano's rest of the season outlook with Thigpen at QB?

I'm torn between him and Gresham. Palmer still has TO, Ocho and Shipley. I think Thigpen will look for Fasano early and often.

I traded Winslow for Hernandez in one leauge and added Boss as a fill in/replacement in another.

With S. Smith out Boss could have more of a role in the passing game moving forward and gets Phi, Jax and Washington as his next 3.

I do not trust Hernandez moving forward right now... On a side note, I wonder how many Hernandez owners were Finley owners like me :(

Watson and Gresham are available.... Is there any reason to favor one of these guys over the other? They seem to be six of one and a half dozen of the other.....

On a side note, I wonder how many Hernandez owners were Finley owners like me :(

I thought I was set at TE the first few weeks. I was so hoping that I could end up moving Finley or Hernandez later in the season. :(

I do not trust Hernandez moving forward right now... On a side note, I wonder how many Hernandez owners were Finley owners like me :(

Watson and Gresham are available.... Is there any reason to favor one of these guys over the other? They seem to be six of one and a half dozen of the other.....

I wouldnt play either Patriots TE at the moment :nono: Just like when the RBs were Maroney, Taylor and Morris you never knew who was going to get the ball.

The good thing about Moss being gone is Brady spreads the ball around alot more and leading reciever will change most weeks.

I wouldnt play either Patriots TE at the moment :nono: Just like when the RBs were Maroney, Taylor and Morris you never knew who was going to get the ball.

The good thing about Moss being gone is Brady spreads the ball around alot more and leading reciever will change most weeks.

Yeah.... I'm not giving up on Hernandez completely.... I'm just going to go a different direction for a bit... I just can't determine which guy to pick up...Watson or Gresham....

I know it's a total crapshoot, but if somebody told me that Watson has a clubfoot that is going to limit him the rest of the way, it would make my decision easier....

Yeah.... I'm not giving up on Hernandez completely.... I'm just going to go a different direction for a bit... I just can't determine which guy to pick up...Watson or Gresham....

I know it's a total crapshoot, but if somebody told me that Watson has a clubfoot that is going to limit him the rest of the way, it would make my decision easier....

Your exactly right it is a crapshoot. I was playing musical TEs and played Watson a couple week and i got a total of around 5 pts for those 2 weeks :wall:

I'm not sure who Cleveland is playing this week but Cinci gets Buffalo who has struggled against TE's and in pass defense all season.

I do, however, think Cinci makes it a focus to get TO the ball this week against his old team.

Im holding. Current FA options are Gresham, Gronkowski, Moeaki, Shockey, Miller, and Fasano. I like his upside a lot more then any of them. Im chalking Sunday up to game-planning and am willing to bet he has a few more big games in him this season.

Would not be the least bit surprised to see him right back in the thick of things this week. I'm feeling 70 yards and a TD this week.

Im holding. Current FA options are Gresham, Gronkowski, Moeaki, Shockey, Miller, and Fasano. I like his upside a lot more then any of them. Im chalking Sunday up to game-planning and am willing to bet he has a few more big games in him this season.

Would not be the least bit surprised to see him right back in the thick of things this week. I'm feeling 70 yards and a TD this week.

Just to play Devils advocate aren't the colts typically great against TE's? I know he's kind of a hybrid but still.

:thumbsup:

I am starting him this week.

:pointstosky: :overhead: :banana: :music_guitarred: