Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Who are you rooting for today and why?

It's going to be an excellent game today... probably the best Super Bowl in the history of the NFL...

Who am I rooting for?????

It's close.... but I'm probably going to root for the Packers... They are such a great organization with a great fanbase, a great team, and a great quarterback...

On top of this, I picked them in the pre-season to win the Super Bowl, so it would be nice to show off my prognostication skillz....

Who are you rooting for? :dunno:

I'm rooting for the Packers for many of the same reasons you are... and because I work with a bunch of Packer fans who will be a pain in the @$$ tomorrow if they lose.

My little nephew (5 years old) somehow became a Steelers fan from the time he was 3, so I won't be upset if they win either.

Packers..mainly due to the BS Rodgers had to deal with during his 1st 3 years in the league..even from a lot of Packers fans. Then again, the only teams I wouldn't root for against the Steelers would be the Jets and possibly the Pats.

I'm torn.

I'm both a Bengals and Vikings fan, so I hate both teams. I guess since I hate the stillers more, I'll root for the fudgepackers. :mellow:

A lot of people think this will be a close game. I think the opposite. I think it will be a blowout. I want the Pack to win, but see the Steelers winning by 17+

A lot of people think this will be a close game. I think the opposite. I think it will be a blowout. I want the Pack to win, but see the Steelers winning by 17+

Maybe this happens but the Packers haven't trailed by more than 7 at ANY point this entire season.

Hoping the Packers pull it out. These are two great franchises but I think the Steelers have won enough. 6 Lombardi trophies already... do they really need another one. Really want to see Rodgers have a good game and torch the Steelers secondary.

JUST KIDDING!!!!! Looking for a great game and hoping the Steelers defense can stop the passes to the running backs and the quick slants.. that should be the key today. :overhead:

Hoping the Packers pull it out. These are two great franchises but I think the Steelers have won enough. 6 Lombardi trophies already... do they really need another one. Really want to see Rodgers have a good game and torch the Steelers secondary.

Good luck to you sir! :cheers:

Packers. Because I despise the Steelers. Well...I despise pretty much every AFC team in the North East. Really don't want the Steelers to expand upon their lead over my Niners in Superbowl Wins.

I hope the steelers win a good game. I don't like either team, but the amount of bandwagon packers fans that have suddenly emerged everywhere I see makes me root against them. Seems everywhere I look now someone I know is acting like the biggest packers fan ever, yet during the regular season they were Niners fans or raiders fans or cowboys fans. Maybe its just here in California...after all...the Donner party was on its way here. Guess they left the bandwagon for everyone to hop into

I'm rooting for the Steelers for obvious reasons. It could very well be a shootout like last season's regular season game when they played, where Roethlisberger threw the winning TD pass to wallace with no time left.

Also, this could very well be the last time we see a real NFL game for some time. So for everyone, regardless who you're rooting for, enjoy the game.

Seems everywhere I look now someone I know is acting like the biggest packers fan ever, yet during the regular season they were Niners fans or raiders fans or cowboys fans.

Most Raider fans naturally hate the Steelers because of the Raiders-Steelers rivalry in the 70's. I'm not sure about the Niners or Cowboys fans.

I hope the Packers win. :thumbsup:

I don't hate the Steelers as much now as I did in the 70's, but there's a little lingering anymosity. I'll be rooting for the Pack. But if it takes a Steeler score to get me my numbers, I might be a Steeler fan intermittently. ;)

I'm rooting for a good game overall. Wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers win, and I think I'd be OK with the Packers winning too.....if they win, they'd have earned the title of Champion.

Good luck to both fanbases.

:cheers:

I was rooting for the Packers because outside of Hines Ward there aren't really any Steelers players that I take a liking to. I'll also admit that I really didn't want to see them win their 7th Super Bowl, but the main reason has to do with the fact I don't like most of the players that make up the team. I have nothing against them, I just don't have any rooting interest in them the same way I can root for a Donald Driver, Aaron Rodgers, or Clay Matthews.