Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

Former president of MADD arrested for DUI

Irony?

Blows a .23!! :overhead:

BTW - How would you like to have to come home to that mug?

---------------------------------------------------------

Former president of MADD arrested for DUI

Updated: Friday, 25 Feb 2011, 12:13 PM EST

Published : Friday, 25 Feb 2011, 12:05 PM EST

MARION COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - A woman who was the former president of the Mothers Against Drunk Driving chapter in Gainesville has been arrested for drunk driving.

Debra Oberlin, 48, was arrested around 1:00 a.m. February 18 after police say the car she was driving was swerving on Northwest 39th Street. According to the arrest report she was given two breathalyzer tests and measured .234 and .239. The limit in Florida is .08.

Enjoy!

All over the local news, of course when they talked to her friends about her hipocrocy, they all said "she was a nice lady who was going through a hard time'

Karma, big time ######

All over the local news, of course when they talked to her friends about her hipocrocy, they all said "she was a nice lady who was going through a hard time'

Karma, big time ######

Don't understand why it would be "karma". Hypocritical, sure. Ironic, of course.

But was she doing something bad previously by opposing drunk driving?

Don't understand why it would be "karma". Hypocritical, sure. Ironic, of course.

But was she doing something bad previously by opposing drunk driving?

Yes. I believe most of what MADD does nowadays has nothing to do with safe driving.

.24! Holy fock, that b!tch was loaded! And you just know she was one of those people who were crying that the legal limit just had to be lowered to .08 because people were way too drunk at .10. Fockin' hilarious.

I wish she blew a .08 that would have been perfect.

in other news, nancy reagan got arrested for paraphanalia.

Yes. I believe most of what MADD does nowadays has nothing to do with safe driving.

Not sure what you're referring to, or when 'nowadays' actually is, but she was president for 3 years of the Gainesville, Fl chapter that existed from 1990-1996. Not sure which 3 years she was involved.

May be ironic, but it's not karma.

Not sure what you're referring to, or when 'nowadays' actually is, but she was president for 3 years of the Gainesville, Fl chapter that existed from 1990-1996. Not sure which 3 years she was involved.

May be ironic, but it's not karma.

Yes it is Karma, for the most part MADD members bash those convicted of DUIs, make them feel like they are dirt and are of no benefit to society, it's fitting that someone who did that for years is now on the other end of the stick.

Yes it is Karma, for the most part MADD members bash those convicted of DUIs, make them feel like they are dirt and are of no benefit to society, it's fitting that someone who did that for years is now on the other end of the stick.

How many DUIs do you have, Megla? :cheers:

Too much tailgating at Jags games... :music_guitarred:

guilty, plus the smell of swine coming from my BBQ trailer attracts the pigs :overhead:

guilty, plus the smell of swine coming from my BBQ trailer attracts the pigs :overhead:

cannibals :mad:

Just because this woman is a hypocrite, doesn't make MADD's message a bad one. Innocent people die everyday because of drunk asswholes who get behind the wheel. It would be fine if they were just driving into telephone poles or trees, but that's not always the case.

Just because this woman is a hypocrite, doesn't make MADD's message a bad one. Innocent people die everyday because of drunk asswholes who get behind the wheel. It would be fine if they were just driving into telephone poles or trees, but that's not always the case.

Agree.

Now this woman should for the rest of her life be labeled a drunk driver, be forced to grovel at the the feet of others, lose her license for life, be forced to pay to attend AA meetings for years and suffer for the rest of her life.... :doublethumbsup:

I have no probelm with the message, it's the delivery that sucks a$$. For the most part people know they f!@#ked up when they get a DUI, they do not need someone telling them what scum they are for making a mistake.

Lobby for stricter laws, don't lecture or demean people.

I have no probelm with the message, it's the delivery that sucks a$$. For the most part people know they f!@#ked up when they get a DUI, they do not need someone telling them what scum they are for making a mistake.

I have a feeling you'd feel differntly if your son or daughter was killed by one.

I have a feeling you'd feel differntly if your son or daughter was killed by one.

You would be wrong

You would be wrong

Ha. ok. I'm sure the guy would just be a nice fella who needs some counseling. YOu're thinjking of it through the eyes of the drunk, not the victim or victim's family.

Ha. ok. I'm sure the guy would just be a nice fella who needs some counseling. YOu're thinjking of it through the eyes of the drunk, not the victim or victim's family.

It amazes me how you know how or what other are thinking, keep up the good work.

It amazes me how you know how or what other are thinking, keep up the good work.

You've had multiple DUI's and hate people from MADD. Doesn't take a genius to figure out your agenda, alcy. ;)

I lost a close family member to a drunk driver and the last thing I would want is some group of whack jobs getting involved. These people are right up there with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

I lost a close family member to a drunk driver and the last thing I would want is some group of whack jobs getting involved. These people are right up there with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Wow. Your local chapter must operate much different than the ones around me. I have never witnessed them acting in an Al Sharpton kind of way. They spread the word to schools, help the families of victims, and often push for the use of breath-activated ignition locks on cars. The whole thing was started by the mother of a 13 year-old who was killed by a drunk driver. I don't think it's an evil organization by any means.

Wow. Your local chapter must operate much different than the ones around me. I have never witnessed them acting in an Al Sharpton kind of way. They spread the word to schools, help the families of victims, and often push for the use of breath-activated ignition locks on cars. The whole thing was started by the mother of a 13 year-old who was killed by a drunk driver. I don't think it's an evil organization by any means.

No doubt the organization does some good things, but their memebers also go way overboard at times. They protest people at thier jobs trying to get them fired, I served as a member of a VIP panel for almost 10 years and I saw the ugly that is MADD.

I have no probelm with the message, it's the delivery that sucks a$. For the most part people know they f!@#ked up when they get a DUI, they do not need someone telling them what scum they are for making a mistake.

If you've had more than one, then you obviously didn't learn your lesson and maybe you deserve to be demeaned. Luckily you haven't killed anyone yet.

No MADD chapters near me have ever really made the news in a bad way. I thought they just lobbied for stricter laws and supported families who have lost members to drunk drivers. Maybe different chapters are more vigilante.

I knew a couple of people who died because of drunk drivers. A friend was a passenger of a drunk driver and my friends father was hit by a drunk driver. I have probably driven legally drunk a half a dozen times. Never been pulled over for it.

If you've had more than one, then you obviously didn't learn your lesson and maybe you deserve to be demeaned. Luckily you haven't killed anyone yet.

My thoughts exactly. Just a time bomb. Thank God me nor my daughter live anywhere near him.

Who here has never driven after having too much to drink.

:crickets:

Says the town drunk.... :first:

Well played, Ted Kennedy. :clap:

What is this "too much to drink" you speak of?

Things I don't like about MADD:

1. They lobby for seat belt laws. NH is the only state without one. They are constantly up our asses about forcing a mandate on us. It won't happen so fvck off.

2. They have lobbied for a BAC of .05. Why? Seriously? .08 is low enough.

3. They take money for "education purposes" yet in 2009 MADD took in $41,006,038 and paid salaries of $20,537,936, over half of their income. They are nothing more than a self serving bureaucracy.

Honestly only twice in my life. And I didn't want to either time but was in a situation where I accidentally felt more drunk than I meant to (one time I only had two beers but I got really buzzed). This was also a very long time ago and I haven't gotten behind the wheel after drinking anything more than a social cocktail in many years. I live in a city so it's a lot easier, but even when I am out in the burbs I make sure that I have transportation home if I plan on drinking.

I understand that people make mistakes, but if there are multiple occurrences, it is no longer a mistake, it is a habit. A bad one.

I'm also not sure why people have a problem with MADD. They are a group of people that don't like when people unnecessarily die. :cheers:

Says the town drunk.... :first:

Well played, Ted Kennedy. :clap:

:rolleyes: