Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

NBA Prayoff Discussions

Yep yep....i saw that after i posted it but was too lazy to fix it.

But...its a little silly because they are paying Ron pretty much the same amount.

They won the championship last year with Ron, and he was a significant contributor. I don't think you'll find that many Laker fans that are unhappy with the way things went down re: Ariza and Artest, including myself.

They won the championship last year with Ron, and he was a significant contributor. I don't think you'll find that many Laker fans that are unhappy with the way things went down re: Ariza and Artest, including myself.

Maybe not.....but compared to what Queensbridge gave this year and so far in the playoffs? And his limited potential going forward......you could at least make the case.

Either way.....thats hardly the Lakers problem this post season.

Do you mean the Cav's? The teams he took to the Finals and deep int he playoffs a few other times? Well that team the year after he left finished 19-63 this year. Worst team by far in the league. That was the kind of supporting cast he was playing with. NINETEEN AND SIXTY THREE.

You take Kobe off the Lakers and they still finish .500 at least based on coaching and supporting cast. You take Pierce off the Celtics and they still finish .500 at least based on coaching and supporting cast.

It was an absolute miracle the Lebron led Cav's even accomplished what they did. He was in a fist fight with one hand tied behind his back and still made it to the 11th round. And yet you guys dog him because he didn't knock the other guy out.

WTF is wrong with you?

In responding to a post where you refuted people bashing LeBron's playoff effectiveness with individual stats, I simply stated that I've never heard people bash his individual playoff numbers. The only criticism I've heard leveled at him is how far his teams have gone.

At no point did I criticize your boyfriend.

I have some issues with James, but postseason performance...either his or his teams... has never been one of them. Direct your diatribes at someone who is actually arguing with you.

:banana: :banana:

The Mavs are just the better team in this matchup. Dirk is the best player on the court right now. And as long as his helpers are as good as Kobe's, Dallas is going to win. Tonight, Peja was better than any helper on the Lakers down the stretch.

:banana: :banana:

The Mavs are just the better team in this matchup. Dirk is the best player on the court right now. And as long as his helpers are as good as Kobe's, Dallas is going to win. Tonight, Peja was better than any helper on the Lakers down the stretch.

not to mention the fact that Pau Gasol looks like he's sleeping on the court

It always made me roll my eyes when people sometimes would list Gasol as the best foreigner in the league. Stupid Laker bias. He's good, but he has never been an MVP caliber guy.

So at 3-0, I'm finally pretty confident. :thumbsup:

You deserve to be shot in the left eye, via double tap.

Mavs take this series in 3 and a half. I've got a good feeling about this.

Looks like I nailed it. Lakers will have quit by halftime of game 4. :banana:

TMZ has a story saying Gasol is sucking because his girlfriend/fiancé broke up with him.

Why did she break up with him? Because a teammates wife convinced her to do so. I'll give you one guess on which teammates wife they are speculating on it being.

TMZ has a story saying Gasol is sucking because his girlfriend/fiancé broke up with him.

Why did she break up with him? Because a teammates wife convinced her to do so. I'll give you one guess on which teammates wife they are speculating on it being.

Shannon Brown?

Im not a doctor......but im pretty sure Rondo just dislocated his elbow. Or he has the most flexible elbows in the history of human anatom

Rondo is one tough MFer, and fock the Heat. :cheers:

how about my man KG playing likes hes 25 again.

they need that same intensity in game 4 to even this thing up.

how about my man KG playing likes hes 25 again.

they need that same intensity in game 4 to even this thing up.

They'll need that and more if Rondo is going to play one-armed. Lousy break.

Does half the Lakers team even WANT to play basketball?

Pau Gasol looks like his family is being held hostage or something. His mind is not in the game.

Lamar Odom looks like he just wants to make TV shows from now on.

D Fish is old.

Artest is crazy.

Bynum is the only player Kobe can trust right now.

Looks like Phils kids dont need to bother making him another stupid effing hat to wear........

Remember the 10 lid he was rocking? His kids made it....

OK, these player have to go:

Ron Artest

Lamar Odom

Andrew Bynum

Pau Gasol

Players to bring in:

Dwight Howard

Chris Paul

And, to be determined...

Nice classiness Lakers.

Your season is done, but may as well try to take a few Mavs players with ya.

That elbow by Bynum was rough, haha. Not cool to go out like that...

I'll be rooting for the Mavs the rest of the way. Always liked Dirk and Cuban.

Hopefully we can get a PG in the off-season.

They'll need that and more if Rondo is going to play one-armed. Lousy break.

his one armed self kicked some Miami ass though.

OK, these player have to go:

Ron Artest

Lamar Odom

Andrew Bynum

Pau Gasol

Players to bring in:

Dwight Howard

Chris Paul

And, to be determined...

Crassic.

Players to bring in: the top 2 NBA players who are likely available. gotcha.

I think Odom will stay. Bynum and Gasol to Orlando for Howard and a big contract like Hedu.

Players to bring in:

Dwight Howard

Chris Paul

And, to be determined...

The Nets called, they want their offseason gameplan back.

Not to mention the Hornets will be hoping to get howard to keep Paul and the Magic will be hoping to get Paul to keep Howard.

That elbow by Bynum was rough, haha. Not cool to go out like that...

I'll be rooting for the Mavs the rest of the way. Always liked Dirk and Cuban.

Hopefully we can get a PG in the off-season.

I joked to my family that 2 players were ejected inside of 2 minutes and neither of them were named Artest, thats when youvve officially come unglued. It was a sad way to go out, looking like frustrated losers.

I'll be rooting for the Mavs as well, they look great. I really want to fuckin choke Jason Terry though, I dont know what it is.

thing is, she jumbled the question and it was retarded

thing is, you don't carry yourself that way.

i dont hate lebron, dont care for him much but its whatever. he just shows a huge lack of maturity, from "the decision" to different things ive seen in press conferences, such as this one. I don't think he will ever be on the level of an MJ or even Kobe.

i dont hate lebron, dont care for him much but its whatever. he just shows a huge lack of maturity, from "the decision" to different things ive seen in press conferences, such as this one. I don't think he will ever be on the level of an MJ or even Kobe.

I tend to give these guys a pass in post game interviews.....because they either get the same mundane question 50 times by 50 different reporters......or they get baited with dumb questions like this by people that couldnt dribble spit out of their mouths and have no clue what they are talking about.

"Have you always been a black president?" reporter thinks that was a stupid question.

I am sure MJ and Kobe were first class citizens off the court.

his one armed self kicked some Miami ass though.

For a little over a quarter. He's got to have better use of the arm to be as effective as they need going forward.

Dallas continues to amaze me. I knew we had a chance bcoz of the deep bench, and I loved the addition of Chandler - but they were playing like total crap down the stretch of the regular season. But as great as they looked against LA, I'm still worried - you just can't continue to advance in the post season jacking it up from the outside. Sure, if the Mavs continue to make the shots they can beat anybody - but eventually that trick runs out. Mephis is big and they are physical - as great as Durant is I'd rather play OKC than the Grizz right now.

Dallas continues to amaze me. I knew we had a chance bcoz of the deep bench, and I loved the addition of Chandler - but they were playing like total crap down the stretch of the regular season. But as great as they looked against LA, I'm still worried - you just can't continue to advance in the post season jacking it up from the outside. Sure, if the Mavs continue to make the shots they can beat anybody - but eventually that trick runs out. Mephis is big and they are physical - as great as Durant is I'd rather play OKC than the Grizz right now.

Exactly how I feel. Found myself worrying often in this series that we were wayyyy to 3 pointer dependent. That can't be the base of our offense in the next round. But most those attempts were so wide open that it might as well have been pregame shoot around.

Overall, wow. Coming into the series, my eyes told me this Mavs team was playing well enough to beat the Lakers. But my brain couldn't really accept what my eyes were seeing.

I'm worried about both Memphis and OKC. I don't really worry about our offense, as the focus is on shutting down the opposing team...and Memphis scares the hell out of me matchup wise. Chandler has to guard Gasol, which leaves Dirk on Randolph, which I hate. Dirk pushed Pau around, but that script will be flipped against ZBo.....I think Marion can at least keep Durant from doing more than normal, but there is no way Kidd can stay with a guard like Westbrook.

Am i the only one that has never heard him called ZBO before these playoffs...and now everyone is calling him that?

I follow the NBA pretty close (not close enough apparantly).....but just never heard him called that in his career til now.

I love seeing the Lakers humiliated. They are the most spoiled, smug franchise in professional sports. Even now, their plan to fix it is "Go get paul and Howard." Who couldn't win if you can get all the best players?

The Mavs looked good, but either the Grizz or the Thunder will defend WAY better than the Lakers did. I (as a native Memphian) would love to see the Grizz keep the magic ride going into the WC finals, and beyond.

In the East, I just don't think the Celts have enough in the tank to put the Heat down. Bulls Heat will be a fun series.

I love seeing the Lakers humiliated. They are the most spoiled, smug franchise in professional sports. Even now, their plan to fix it is "Go get paul and Howard." Who couldn't win if you can get all the best players?

The Mavs looked good, but either the Grizz or the Thunder will defend WAY better than the Lakers did. I (as a native Memphian) would love to see the Grizz keep the magic ride going into the WC finals, and beyond.

In the East, I just don't think the Celts have enough in the tank to put the Heat down. Bulls Heat will be a fun series.

I don't think that's a fair assessment. I think Kobe Bryant is one of the most smug arrogant players in all of professional sports. He is also one of the best players in NBA history, which is a bad combination. His attitude has rubbed off on Pau, Drew, Odom, etc. etc. If only his killer instinct would also rub off on them. The Lakers were completely humiliated, as they should be. They let 3 of the 4 games go in the second half. If they were playing like the champions they were, the series would be 3-1 Lakers right now, not a 4-0 Mav's sweep.

Either way... you can't win them all. 3 finals is a row, with 2 rings is something most franchises will never see... much less be disappointed when they don't make the 4th consecutive. No sour grapes here. The team that wanted it more won.

I'll be rooting for the Mavs the rest of the way, but like I said several pages back... the champ will be coming out of the East this year. You can take that to the bank!