Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Matt Millen and Joe Theismann sh1tcanned from TNF

:banana:

The broadcasting pairing of Joe Theismann and Matt Millen -- otherwise known as the cruelest prank ever pulled on NFL fans -- is no more.

The NFL Network has announced that they'll have a new Thursday night broadcast crew, with Brad Nessler doing the play-by-play and Mike Mayock handling the analysis.

Bob Papa, who did the play-by-play with Millen and Theismann, is out of the Thursday night mix, too. He and Theismann will remain with the NFL Network, but in different roles.

Mayock has become known as a draft expert; sort of the NFL Network's answer to Mel Kiper Jr. That's selling him way short, though. He played briefly in the league in the early '80s, and has done a boatload of broadcasting work since. He's called college games, CFL games and NFL games.

I don't mean to kick Theismann and Millen when they're down, but I don't think I'm alone in saying that that little broadcast experience needed to end. One of them at a time might not have been so bad, but if we were going to have to endure another half-season of them together, I would have fully supported this lockout lasting until long after I had died.

Mayock :pointstosky:

:thumbsup:

wow, thats great... They must have figured out that Mayock curbstomped Kiper during the draft... solid move. :thumbsup:

The thursday games had been uterly unlistenable because of who they had. Especially that Thanksgiving night game. Fox and CBS always have their "A" team doing their respective games that day. You could really tell the drop off.

No Sh!T... I would rather listen to Marley Matlin and Chris Rock do a play-by-play than those two. :pointstosky:

Bruce Pearl gets fired. Gary Williams resigns. Cheaty McSweatervest is in trouble. These morons are gone.

I must be living a lot cleaner than I think I am! :banana:

Well I don't give a fock about Matt Millen, but I can't believe they took Joe Theismann off. He is one of the booth greats. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

No Sh!T... I would rather listen to Marley Matlin and Chris Rock do a play-by-play than those two. :pointstosky:

:lol:

Their field reporters are Biz Markee and Gilbert Godfried.

The thursday games had been uterly unlistenable because of who they had. Especially that Thanksgiving night game. Fox and CBS always have their "A" team doing their respective games that day. You could really tell the drop off.

I don't remember another network having this much trouble coming up with a decent team. It's been one disaster after another.

It's always nice to hear 'Matt Millen' and 'fired' in the same sentence. :cheers:

I don't get NFL Network :sadbanna:

That motherfocker millen is gonna be on the sideline for the pre/post game for the Lions MNF game in October. I cant wait to see the reaction that piece of shiot gets from the Lions fans.

is there anyplace Joe Theisman hasnt been fired from?

ask Lawrence Taylor

he wasn't fired from NFL network, his job was changed.

I never saw this coming.... :(

I cancelled the NFLN when the lockout started and will not sign back up. It is my way of protesting the strike but it looks like I am the only one that cares.

I cancelled the NFLN when the lockout started and will not sign back up. It is my way of protesting the strike but it looks like I am the only one that cares.

you showed them

:headbanger:

you showed them

:headbanger:

No, I think you showed them you approve of the lockout. That is how it works. HTH

BTW: Do you think that if NFLN subscription were cut in half the owners would take notice? You are part of the problem.