Sign in to follow this  
CantTouchThis

Intelligent Extraterrestrial life

ET  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view on ET life?

• There are other advanced, perhaps much more advanced than humans, civilizations out there.
    • There is intellegent life, but no other advanced civilizations of people(like earth before modern humans)
    • There is no intellegent life, but there are likely simple life forms somewhere else.
    • There is no other life, planet Earth is the only places across the vastness of the universe with any form of life at all.
    • Potato

:shocking: Tried briefly to search for the probably dozens of similar polls, but it failed.

I was on the fence for a while about intelligent lifeforms outside of this planet. Upon seeing, frankly, overwelming evidence I have concluded that there are other advanced civilizations out there. Not only that, they have and continue to visit earth, and have interacted with humans in the past. I think maybe, especially in the distant past, ETs played a big part in setting forth modern civilization. I am not completely sold on that theory, as I do think our ancestors were smarter than we give them credit for. However, there are thousands and thousands of records from ancient civilizations of being visited by beings from space or the stars, which they interpreted as gods. This is especially true with the Sumerians, Mayans, and Egyptians. All of those civilizations were far advanced for their time, and they all had incredible knowledge of astronomy, really almost as advanced as we have today, but they seem to really have a connection with space.

Anyways, I don't have to go over all evidence, more and more of it is becoming wide known.

I think there is pretty good odds that there is intelligent life out there... the vastness of the universe with the number of stars and the number of planets orbiting those stars... gotta figure we are not UNIQUE.

But I don't buy this area 51, anal probing rednecks crap.

I have concluded that there are other advanced civilizations out there.

Agreed.

Not only that, they have and continue to visit earth, and have interacted with humans in the past.

Very much doubt that.

Intelligent Extraterrestrial life? Sure.

Intelligent Terrestrial life? Questionable.

The universe is a vast, vast place. Given the enormity, the odds are very great that other planet can, do and did support intelligent life.

Yes, the Sumerians, Mayans, and Egyptians demonstrate incredible knowledge of astronomy, but no evidence of interaction with ETs. Whatever program you saw was put together by tinfoil hat people blowing smoke up your ass.

I think there is pretty good odds that there is intelligent life out there... the vastness of the universe with the number of stars and the number of planets orbiting those stars... gotta figure we are not UNIQUE.

It is almost mathematically impossible for there to be no life out there. We have found evidence that there was probably once life on other bodies in our own solar system. There are trillions of other star-planet systems out there. It is just dumb to think there is no life out there.

Intelligent life is tougher though. We are not even fully sure how intelligent life on THIS planet came to be because it is so complex. However, even if there is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of similar events taking place to allow life to evolve to intelligent levels, there would still be millions of planets with intelligent life on it.

Plus, we have gotten to where we are over 4.5 billion years. The universe is almost 14 billion years old. Just imagine if earth and life had been created billions of years earlier and evolution took the same steps. Imagine how advance we will be in 2, 4, 7 billion years if we are still around considering we get more and more advanced by the day it seems. That is a very real possibility somewhere out there. Imagine us visiting stone-aged humans, that would be like them visiting us except to a much higher extent.

As far as UFOs, I'll put it this way....either WE are much more advanced than the general population knows, or, obviously, they are not from this world. There is a ridiculous amount of videos and photographs that AREN'T gay hoaxes that no one can explain. "They are weather balloons" seriously, don't tell me we are THAT dumb? I do think it is MUCH more likely that it is us, but I would very like the gov't to finally come out and admit that we have this technology.

One thing that freaks me out was how incredibly advanced the Nazis were. 70 years later, we are just NOW starting to get some of their technology. There were specs of anti-gravity vessels(which I think they did develop and we probably have) and inter-stellar space craft years before space travel was even thought possible. Freaky sh1t, it is surprising that they didn't succeed really with the technology they had.

The universe is a vast, vast place. Given the enormity, the odds are very great that other planet can, do and did support intelligent life.

Yes, the Sumerians, Mayans, and Egyptians demonstrate incredible knowledge of astronomy, but no evidence of interaction with ETs. Whatever program you saw was put together by tinfoil hat people blowing smoke up your ass.

Like I said, I am not sure about that theory. I think they were advanced beyond their years and got lost in history. I give our ancestors a lot more credit than we are taught growing up, they were very intelligent and create things that we would be hard pressed to do today with modern technology and equipment. I also think they did have more advanced tools and methods than the "experts" say, we just haven't found them yet. No way massive ancient pyramids and other structures and sculptures were made by a bunch of slaves with a hammer and chisels over decades and even centuries. MAYBE if they weren't so precisely cut and placed. The precision of some of these stone pieces are beyond what we can even do today.

ETs or not, our ancestors were considerably more advanced than we first thought and that we currently think.

Very much doubt that.

Like I said in my previous post, I think it is more likely we are more advanced than the vast majority of us know. The governments of the developed world aren't disclosing these technologies to the public for some reason. Probably because scientists are still testing it out and trying to perfect it.

Like I said, I am not sure about that theory. I think they were advanced beyond their years and got lost in history. I give our ancestors a lot more credit than we are taught growing up, they were very intelligent and create things that we would be hard pressed to do today with modern technology and equipment. I also think they did have more advanced tools and methods than the "experts" say, we just haven't found them yet. No way massive ancient pyramids and other structures and sculptures were made by a bunch of slaves with a hammer and chisels over decades and even centuries. MAYBE if they were so precisely cut and placed. The precision of some of these stone pieces are beyond what we can even do today.

ETs or not, our ancestors were considerably more advanced than we first thought and that we currently think.

I have a hard time buying that the Egyptians had extraterrestrial stone carving tequniques, but things like irrigation, food preservation, simple sanitation, etc. were beyond them.

No way massive ancient pyramids and other structures and sculptures were made by a bunch of slaves with a hammer and chisels over decades and even centuries. MAYBE if they were so precisely cut and placed. The precision of some of these stone pieces are beyond what we can even do today.

Why not? Stone slabs are just rocks not rockets. Combine the rock with time, energy and simple math. It's a big deal and achievment, not that big a deal that you need ETs to explain it.

I have a hard time buying that the Egyptians had extraterrestrial stone carving tequniques, but things like irrigation, food preservation, simple sanitation, etc. were beyond them.

I am not saying they had ET help, but it is a possibility that I think cannot be ignored. I am saying the methods we think they used to build these structures are not right. It's a mathematically impossible to get the precision of some of these structures without using some sort of diamond-type precision tools. We have not found evidence of any kind of diamond tools or any other super-precision tool.....yet. I think THEY did make these without help, but their methods and tools were different and more advanced and efficient than historians are saying. Again, we don't give those ancient civilizations enough credit, they were every bit as smart as us, but they didn't have things like world wars to motivate them to create things like airplanes, computers, advanced weaponary, ect.

Also, are you saying they didn't have irrigation, food pres, and sanitation....or they did and that's why we should give them credit for building the pyramids? Because those things you mentioned are what sparked civilization in the first place...

Also, are you saying they didn't have irrigation, food pres, and sanitation....or they did and that's why we should give them credit for building the pyramids? Because those things you mentioned are what sparked civilization in the first place...

Egypt was incredibly dependent on the Nile floods. Each year, the priests would read the Nileometer, to determine what the innundation would be. If it was too low, that was the "cubits of Death" and people starved. They were unable to irrigate adequately to avoid famine in poor innundation years. Also, they were unable to irrigate the desert surrounding their ribbon of fertile land.

As for food pres, they had salt, thats about it.

As for sanitation, they, like most ancient peoples, were regularly ravaged by plague, due to poor waste removal processes.

And they supposedly had diamond tools, but no steel? Not buying it. The Egyptians were basically a slave people ruled by a small Macedonean overclass headed by a collection of inbred soveriegns. Not the type of culture that really bangs out the innovation.

Why not? Stone slabs are just rocks not rockets. Combine the rock with time, energy and simple math. It's a big deal and achievment, not that big a deal that you need ETs to explain it.

I mean, it is POSSIBLE, but really, really improbable. If the pyramids at Giza took 100 years like the historians say, that would be 6 million ~2.5 ton blocks total. If they worked 24 hours a day, for 100 years, they would need to place a block in every 8.5 minutes. Possible? Yep. Probable? Fock no. Not with the methods we are told they used. Either they took a hell of a lot longer than we think, or they had other methods. I think it's the latter, and yes I DO entertain the thought that ETs could have intervene intervene, but I think it's much more likely they had other, fast, more efficient methods than we think.

----

My problem with any evidence of ET visitation/UFOs, whether than is in ancient society or now, is it is completely brushed away. It's a hoax, it's a weather balloon, they are dumb hicks, ect. As a scientist(blah, don't give me sh1t, about to graduate with a Met major, still counts arseholes), I can tell you that is the worst thing you can do, completely ignore circumstantial evidence.

UFOs ARE real, there have been dozens of recent reports of them over cities were thousands of people witnessed it, thousands of videos, ect. The only question is, wtf are they? It is MUCH, MUCH more likely us than ETs. This is why I was on the fence for so long, there still isn't evidence of ETs visiting earth or, therefore, advanced civilizations. It just doesn't make sense to me why the government wouldn't disclose this technology to the public, despite the likelihood of that being the case being much more likely than ETs.

I mean, it is POSSIBLE, but really, really improbable. If the pyramids at Giza took 100 years like the historians say, that would be 6 million ~2.5 ton blocks total. If they worked 24 hours a day, for 100 years, they would need to place a block in every 8.5 minutes. Possible? Yep. Probable? Fock no. Not with the methods we are told they used. Either they took a hell of a lot longer than we think, or they had other methods. I think it's the latter, and yes I DO entertain the thought that ETs could have intervene intervene, but I think it's much more likely they had other, fast, more efficient methods than we think.

----

My problem with any evidence of ET visitation/UFOs, whether than is in ancient society or now, is it is completely brushed away. It's a hoax, it's a weather balloon, they are dumb hicks, ect. As a scientist(blah, don't give me sh1t, about to graduate with a Met major, still counts arseholes), I can tell you that is the worst thing you can do, completely ignore circumstantial evidence.

UFOs ARE real, there have been dozens of recent reports of them over cities were thousands of people witnessed it, thousands of videos, ect. The only question is, wtf are they? It is MUCH, MUCH more likely us than ETs. This is why I was on the fence for so long, there still isn't evidence of ETs visiting earth or, therefore, advanced civilizations. It just doesn't make sense to me why the government wouldn't disclose this technology to the public, despite the likelihood of that being the case being much more likely than ETs.

So why the fock would ET fly all the way across the universe to help a bunch of dipsh!t primitives pile a bunch of rocks together?

And if UFO's are here... why no contact? Why no taking whatever resource we have that they want? I don't buy it.

Egypt was incredibly dependent on the Nile floods. Each year, the priests would read the Nileometer, to determine what the innundation would be. If it was too low, that was the "cubits of Death" and people starved. They were unable to irrigate adequately to avoid famine in poor innundation years. Also, they were unable to irrigate the desert surrounding their ribbon of fertile land.

As for food pres, they had salt, thats about it.

As for sanitation, they, like most ancient peoples, were regularly ravaged by plague, due to poor waste removal processes.

And they supposedly had diamond tools, but no steel? Not buying it. The Egyptians were basically a slave people ruled by a small Macedonean overclass headed by a collection of inbred soveriegns. Not the type of culture that really bangs out the innovation.

This is why i do think that ET interference is a possibility. I mean, everything we have is theories of how they accomplished what they did, I don't see why the ET theory can't at least be thought of as a viable possibility. Oh yeah, because only hicks and tin-foil hat crazies believe in ETs :rolleyes:

However, I know Sumerians did have a pretty good sanitation system for most cities. They even have a street-grid system. They also had irrigation, as did the Mayans. I guess I always kind of assumed the Egyptians did as well.

This is why i do think that ET interference is a possibility. I mean, everything we have is theories of how they accomplished what they did, I don't see why the ET theory can't at least be thought of as a viable possibility. Oh yeah, because only hicks and tin-foil hat crazies believe in ETs :rolleyes:

However, I know Sumerians did have a pretty good sanitation system for most cities. They even have a street-grid system. They also had irrigation, as did the Mayans. I guess I always kind of assumed the Egyptians did as well.

I don't see it as a plausible theory at all. You are basically proposing that aliens helped two or three random ancient civilizations build some impressive, yet ultimately useless, piles of rocks. Then there is no overt contact for two and a half millenia, except for the occasional flyby in a UFO, maybe an anal probing or a crop circle here or there.

Nah, not buying.

So why the fock would ET fly all the way across the universe to help a bunch of dipsh!t primitives pile a bunch of rocks together?

And if UFO's are here... why no contact? Why no taking whatever resource we have that they want? I don't buy it.

Who knows. There are many theories, maybe they made contact long ago and are just keeping an eye on us. Maybe they can't use our resources on their own planet. Maybe they are keeping our planet as a "reserve" for resources in case they do run out. They are probably pretty pissed that we are using them all up then :wacko:

See, when people think of UFOs, they instantly think of ET visitation. Like I said, it is probably us, our government just focking around. When WWII was ranging in Germany, the Nazis were developing all kinds of advanced aircraft and these were seen very frequently as strange aircraft that people couldn't explain above cities...before the word UFO was coined.

I mean, sh1t, just look at youtube. Thousands of videos are unexplained aircraft, lights, spirals, ect in the sky that hundreds and thousands of people witness. They are just a fact, again, the question is wtf are they?

I mean, sh1t, just look at youtube. Thousands of videos are unexplained aircraft, lights, spirals, ect in the sky that hundreds and thousands of people witness. They are just a fact, again, the question is wtf are they?

Thousands of people "see" all kinds of dumb sh!t. Stigmata, Nessie, Big Foot, Jackalopes, chupacabra, ghosts, near death light tunnels, leprechauns, unicorns, witches, the list can go on for days.

Of course, if there were UFO's flying around, radar would see them. Not just government radar, but civilian radar.

Again, is it possible? I suppose. But not likely.

I don't see it as a plausible theory at all. You are basically proposing that aliens helped two or three random ancient civilizations build some impressive, yet ultimately useless, piles of rocks. Then there is no overt contact for two and a half millenia, except for the occasional flyby in a UFO, maybe an anal probing or a crop circle here or there.

Nah, not buying.

Though you probably won't, you should look up the possible uses for the pyramids, and there alignment with certain stars and constellations. The great pyramid was not used as a tomb, none were ever found, so it had a different use that historians and scientists have been scratching their head over for years.

I mean, these are all rather far out theories that are really hard to grasp and I wouldn't expect anyone to really believe them without really looking at the evidence first. I was in the same boat a few years ago, but honestly, the evidence is over-welming. Not necessarily for the Egyptians-ET theory, but just ET visitation in general. Even if 99% of it is just hoopla, there is still a good amount of evidence.

One thing, no one should really believe that nothing is going on. To do that you would have to brush away piles of credible evidence of things you can't explain using conventional science.

Thousands of people "see" all kinds of dumb sh!t. Stigmata, Nessie, Big Foot, Jackalopes, chupacabra, ghosts, near death light tunnels, leprechauns, unicorns, witches, the list can go on for days.

Of course, if there were UFO's flying around, radar would see them. Not just government radar, but civilian radar.

Again, is it possible? I suppose. But not likely.

:mad: Now you have gone too far.

Though you probably won't, you should look up the possible uses for the pyramids, and there alignment with certain stars and constellations. The great pyramid was not used as a tomb, none were ever found, so it had a different use that historians and scientists have been scratching their head over for years.

I mean, these are all rather far out theories that are really hard to grasp and I wouldn't expect anyone to really believe them without really looking at the evidence first. I was in the same boat a few years ago, but honestly, the evidence is over-welming. Not necessarily for the Egyptians-ET theory, but just ET visitation in general. Even if 99% of it is just hoopla, there is still a good amount of evidence.

One thing, no one should really believe that nothing is going on. To do that you would have to brush away piles of credible evidence of things you can't explain using conventional science.

I've seen those specials on tv too. Much of it has been debunked. There is not "overwhelming evidence".

And I'm gonna check out of tin foil hat land on that note. ;)

Meh, not necessarily. We already have technology that can send back faux radar signals to make vessels appear invisible. Plus, if these vessels are using some sort of anti-gravity devise, that means it will have to use some sort of magnetism. That will dampen and skew radar waves. We see this happen a lot in certain places in the earth that have special magnetic properties, like the Bermuda triangle, zone of silence, ect. I know those places are associated with this hoopla, but it's a scientific fact that those places do have weird natural properties with them that does cause equipment to fail, compasses to not work, ect.

I think them most likely scenario is we DO have anti-gravity technology and advanced propulsion systems. Most scientists think we will find this technology in the semi-near future anyways, so why not think we could already have it? Again, I can't explain why the gov't would not disclose this to the public, same reason the Nazis didn't maybe.

Meh, not necessarily. We already have technology that can send back faux radar signals to make vessels appear invisible. Plus, if these vessels are using some sort of anti-gravity devise, that means it will have to use some sort of magnetism. That will dampen and skew radar waves. We see this happen a lot in certain places in the earth that have special magnetic properties, like the Bermuda triangle, zone of silence, ect. I know those places are associated with this hoopla, but it's a scientific fact that those places do have weird natural properties with them that does cause equipment to fail, compasses to not work, ect.

I think them most likely scenario is we DO have anti-gravity technology and advanced propulsion systems. Most scientists think we will find this technology in the semi-near future anyways, so why not think we could already have it? Again, I can't explain why the gov't would not disclose this to the public, same reason the Nazis didn't maybe.

The Egyptians left behind copious writings, as did the Romans who conquered them. No mention, no hint of anything. The Nazis left behind copious archives, most of which were captured. No hint of anything. And our government is perhaps the worst organization in the world at keeping secrets. Some congressman or aide would have let it slip to get laid at some point.

So in order for your theory to be correct... multiple civilizations throughout history managed to keep the secret. Of course, even though they had great alien tech, they still were conquered by others. And of course, none of their tech was THAT amazing.

You are right we already have it. The technology. That is probably what most folks are seeing. US, flying advanced sh1t. We already know this is the case from the past. Look at how many people thought the stealth bomber was a UFO. Hell, it looked like nothing seen before, and from long distance, it almost looked like a freaking saucer. They have admitted as much.

They have stuff out there that is more advanced than Star Trek, or so I have been told.

I have learned one thing from this thread.

I want to party with canttouchthis. :banana:

This poll should have two questions:

1) Do you believe in Intelligent Extraterrestrial Life?

2) Have they visited us?

I am open to the possibility that intelligent life has existed elsewhere in the universe, and may exist now, but beware running into the trap of "there are trillions of stars so the has to be." No, there doesn't. There are so many factors involved, from size to orbital path to day length to material makeup to asteroid collision... it is equally possible that we are the only ones. Also, our life span on this planet as been pretty short, and we are already at the point where we can destroy all life on the planet. I wonder how many of those other civilizations, if they existed, survive that? I wonder if ours will?

The Egyptians left behind copious writings, as did the Romans who conquered them. No mention, no hint of anything. The Nazis left behind copious archives, most of which were captured. No hint of anything. And our government is perhaps the worst organization in the world at keeping secrets. Some congressman or aide would have let it slip to get laid at some point.

So in order for your theory to be correct... multiple civilizations throughout history managed to keep the secret. Of course, even though they had great alien tech, they still were conquered by others. And of course, none of their tech was THAT amazing.

I think you're missing the point, take ETs completely out of the equation. I was talking about governments hiding advanced technology from other countries and their own people. It's happened a lot in the past century. We are STILL uncovering technology the Nazis had that are even more advanced than we have today, and that was 70 years ago. WWII brought about the most mind boggling advances in technology ever thought possible for the US, Russia, and Germany. We actually owe most of modern technology to WWII.

My point is, it is very possible that we have this "alien" technology, but it wasn't recovered or anything, it was create by us. I know people who lived in Phoenix that saw that light show a few years back, they are very, very sure it was NOT focking flares, I mean does anyone really believe that?

I am open to the possibility that intelligent life has existed elsewhere in the universe, and may exist now, but beware running into the trap of "there are trillions of stars so the has to be." No, there doesn't. There are so many factors involved, from size to orbital path to day length to material makeup to asteroid collision... it is equally possible that we are the only ones. Also, our life span on this planet as been pretty short, and we are already at the point where we can destroy all life on the planet. I wonder how many of those other civilizations, if they existed, survive that? I wonder if ours will?

You are making the assumption that whatever other forms of life might exist require the same temperature, gravitational, and atmospheric requirements that we do. There may be a civilization of nitrogen breathing things that only thrive in high gravity and extreme temperature situations.

This poll should have two questions:

1) Do you believe in Intelligent Extraterrestrial Life?

2) Have they visited us?

I didn't really want it to become a tin-foil hat discussion of the cosmos :lol: Sh1t happens though.

Very true, that is why I didn't really think anyone could say there could be intelligent life out there since there is no concrete evidence, and mathematics only point towards any life, intelligent life on earth occurred through an incredible complex process of evolution. It is not equal that life may not exist. Just mathematically speaking, there is a MUCH higher chance of there being life outside of earth than not. We have seen evidence of life in the form microbial fossil from meteorites just recently, at least what we suspect is fossils. We know the moon has water and several other bodies. We suspect Venus may have had liquid water at some point, and may have abound with life at some point. This is just in our tiny, tiny corner of the galaxy, which is in a tiny, tiny corner of the universe.

I made my personal conclusion there is intelligent life because I feel there is enough evidence out there to strongly suggest we have been visited quite frequently by ETs.

I have learned one thing from this thread.

I want to party with canttouchthis. :banana:

:cheers:

You are making the assumption that whatever other forms of life might exist require the same temperature, gravitational, and atmospheric requirements that we do. There may be a civilization of nitrogen breathing things that only thrive in high gravity and extreme temperature situations.

True. Similarly, you are making the assumption that they might not. We have other planets in our solar system that fit your description; granted not a statistically significant sample in the giant scheme of the universe, but they haven't exactly produced intelligent life. In your model, any planet is a candidate, so there are likely zillions. I don't think that is realistic though.

Assuming the laws of physics are the same throughout the universe (perhaps a faulty assumption), we understand quite a bit about chemical and molecular reactions. I would be surprised if the depth and complexity of organic (as we call it) processes could happen with say silicon, as in that original Star Trek episode. We can recreate effects of gravity, temperature, atmosphere, etc. and you would think somebody would have found such capability. Maybe nobody is looking.

Alright, so let's say there are all of these planets with intelligent life. As CTT said, lots of them should be thousands/millions/billions of years ahead of us in evolution. None have conquered space/time to travel here? Don't give me that Roswell mumbo jumbo, it hasn't happened. Perhaps we aren't worth the travel, or there are too many to visit, or we haven't been around long enough to get on their radar, either figuratively or literally.

Anyway, like I said, I'm open to the possibility. I merely assert that it is easy to lie with numbers.

:pointstosky:

:thumbsup:

Ok stick is invited to the party. This is going to make House Party look like House Party 2.

I have said this here before and was met with a lot of crap for it but I believe it 100%...aliens are demons and there master is Lucifer and they will be a massive part of the great deception that is coming in the final days. Youtube alien deception and have a great night.

How come you got rid of the ~stick schtick?

I just went knuckle deep into the Mrs dark hole and there was no option of phoning home or waiting for the ride. She made mashed potatoes that look like titties though. Should I throw a side of greens her way and wait for the mother fawkers?

I have said this here before and was met with a lot of crap for it but I believe it 100%...aliens are demons and there master is Lucifer and they will be a massive part of the great deception that is coming in the final days. Youtube alien deception and have a great night.

It's a possibility, any theories on UFO events are plausible at this point. The government. ETs. Weather balloons. Flairs. Demons. They are all plausible right now, I hope we get closer to the truth soon though.