Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round 1 Discussion

i have no idea who won this last year...but if i didnt lose romo....nicks...vince young......and a couple of others for the year i win this thing hands down.....i had the best team....like alabama in college football :bandana:

my pick of arian foster in the late rounds before anyone even knew he existed..... was the single-handedly greatest pick in the history of this league......superior talent who went undrafted because of david cut-buttcliffe....philip fulmer...fumbling......and off-the-field issues....he's the most physically talented runner outta UT in my lifetime....better than jamal lewis....jay graham...litte man stewart..johnnie jones..any back of your recent memory at tennessee............im not sure he has the work ethic...but i guarantee he'll go in the top 3 in this mock............interesting to see if they overpay

that's probably the most you will get outta me................carry on

my pick of arian foster in the late rounds before anyone even knew he existed

In my dynasty league, I grabbed him week 15 of 2009 on a hunch, and started him week 1 last year. :ninja:

1.01 probably the worst pick with such a deep draft at the top. I'd feel comfortable with any of the top 6 backs so going first only serves to hurt me in round two

But alas, ill simply take my favorite of the top 3 on my board

Also what The ###### is with the ads keeping pages from loading. God damned American airlines ad would not let me make a pick. Had to go to my phone. Very annoying thing on this site the past month or so.

you shoulda taken adrian peterson dude :music_guitarred:

:D This.....i do agree with.......

:D This.....i do agree with.......

check your private message............and you must get the chick-fil-a chicken biscuit............its secretly the best thing on the menu....................as for lunch...............i recommend the chick-fil-a combo...........sandwich........substitute cole slaw for fries........sweet tea..........ice cream in a cup for dessert.............enjoy! :banana:

and as long as TOM is in the division and TOMLIN guides the steelers........you wont win anything in football lol..............same as your joke of a program syracuse............better stick to lacrosse.............upstanding cricket for sissies lol :wub:

:thumbsdown: Hey...I went to the 'Cuse too! :nono:

Although the football program has been in shambles since D-Mac left.

ICEMAN

1.01 probably the worst pick with such a deep draft at the top. I'd feel comfortable with any of the top 6 backs so going first only serves to hurt me in round two

But alas, ill simply take my favorite of the top 3 on my board

Also what The ###### is with the ads keeping pages from loading. God damned American airlines ad would not let me make a pick. Had to go to my phone. Very annoying thing on this site the past month or so.

While I agree there may be 6 top backs, I would put them in two tiers of 1A and 1B, with 3 in each tier. I believe there is a significant enough drop between the top 3 and then next 3 running backs. For me, that makes pick 1.03 the better selection as I will get a much better selection at 2.10 also!

check your private message............and you must get the chick-fil-a chicken biscuit............its secretly the best thing on the menu....................as for lunch...............i recommend the chick-fil-a combo...........sandwich........substitute cole slaw for fries........sweet tea..........ice cream in a cup for dessert.............enjoy! :banana:

I responded on Friday, I think... :unsure:

Had not realized I had won your pool...... :thumbsup:

While I agree there may be 6 top backs, I would put them in two tiers of 1A and 1B, with 3 in each tier. I believe there is a significant enough drop between the top 3 and then next 3 running backs. For me, that makes pick 1.03 the better selection as I will get a much better selection at 2.10 also!

Yes, the top tier is leveling out overall relative to RB, and the WR position which was once heavily stratified is now beginning to moderate a smidgen as well... which makes placement of the individual players more challenging. FA moves become a more important factor to discern them from each other IMHO

:thumbsdown: Hey...I went to the 'Cuse too! :nono:

Although the football program has been in shambles since D-Mac left.

ICEMAN

when i was a younger boy...............i remember auburn kicking a field goal to tie the cuse in the in the 88 sugar bowl..............cuse fans sent aubarn coach pat dye a bunch of ties after the game............lol....... :overhead:

I responded on Friday, I think... :unsure:

Had not realized I had won your pool...... :thumbsup:

lol.......you're gonna have to include your real name..................not sure the postal service will deliver to ray lewis's limo driver :music_guitarred: ha ha !

lol.......you're gonna have to include your real name..................not sure the postal service will deliver to ray lewis's limo driver :music_guitarred: ha ha !

I am pretty sure they know me as well, but we can play it safe. (i trained those guys to use handguns) ;)

and as long as TOM is in the division and TOMLIN guides the steelers........you wont win anything irn football lol..............same as your joke of a program syracuse............better stick to lacrosse.............upstanding cricket for sissies lol :wub:

What would I care about Syracuse?

Try not to vanish this year

Pretty sure I bucked the 1.03 trend.

Not as much as you might think, his ADP across numerous drafts that I track has been 1.06, but is sharing that spot with some other fellows..... it wasn't that much of a reach :thumbsup:

now that i wont be a name dropper :lol: ill discuss a little more

CJ, ADP and Foster were the three in consideration for me at 1.1. Narrowed down to Johnson or Peterson because i always like to see guys do it again. I do believe Foster is the real deal, i was able to draft him in half my leagues last year and he paid off big time ofcourse..

in the end im just a bigger CJ fan and considering what he did last year with the worst statistical run blocking line in football, i expect them to improve in that area. Really a toss up and it felt nice letting my boy V4E get his man as well :cheers:

(you guys would have had an awesome laugh if i went with my initial pick :bandana: )

Left Dan a VM that he's otc

DAMMIT DAN!!!!

ICEMAN

This is a one-time warning to EVERYONE. I'll be VERY QUICK to remove you from this mock if your bantering turns into personal attacks. I'd suggest you keep the discussion civilized and to the point.

Moving on...

This is a one-time warning to EVERYONE. I'll be VERY QUICK to remove you from this mock if your bantering turns into personal attacks. I'd suggest you keep the discussion civilized and to the point.

Moving on...

i received an e-mail stating you would send me a check for 57.42 for winning the 2011 nfl draft contest........i sent you a reply several times and have yet to receive it.............if it's legit.......i'll give you my physical address again

haha Dan gets his man.

i was tempted to take him for shiots and giggles.

now that i wont be a name dropper :lol: ill discuss a little more

CJ, ADP and ????? were the three in consideration for me at 1.1. Narrowed down to Johnson or Peterson because i always like to see guys do it again. I do believe ????? is the real deal, i was able to draft him in half my leagues last year and he paid off big time ofcourse..

in the end im just a bigger CJ fan and considering what he did last year with the worst statistical run blocking line in football, i expect them to improve in that area. Really a toss up and it felt nice letting my boy V4E get his man as well :cheers:

(you guys would have had an awesome laugh if i went with my initial pick :bandana: )

:bandana:

:D

I did indeed. I figured I would, though I was tempted to take another . . .

Chris Johnson is the only I did NOT want to see fall to me. I think he's solid, but overrated. He has virtually zero chance at being the #1 back by the end of the year.

Charles and the other guy were the only ones I really wanted.

Man......this waiting is killing me!

Dan always gets his man.

1.06 - AJ

Considered RB here but I'm more confident in grabbing my RB1 in round 2, than if I went RB here and looked for my WR1 in round two. We'll see how it pans out...

There are other WRs right up here but AJ has been the most consistent so I went with the safe production. I have no doubt he'll be in the top 3 if not #1 again.

Easy pick in the first 7 or so picks.....glad to see foster drop to me at 5

That is a major gift to get what should be a top 3 pick at 5..... :angry:

Easy pick in the first 7 or so picks.....glad to see foster drop to me at 5

He was the other one I was considering. It was a heart thing as much as the pragmatics. Charles has done it for 2 1/2 years, Foster 1. Charles is expected to see an increase in carries, and I don't see Foster doing as well as last year. That would be a feat.

Picks 5 and 6 went just as I thought they would, and how can you argue. There are spots you definitely want to be this year, and it seems 3-6 are going to be cream positions.

:bandana:

oh my... sorry. i thought Jeeps took Foster haha... oh well

:D

I did indeed. I figured I would, though I was tempted to take another . . .

Chris Johnson is the only I did NOT want to see fall to me. I think he's solid, but overrated. He has virtually zero chance at being the #1 back by the end of the year.

Charles and the other guy were the only ones I really wanted.

i love a guy like Ray Rice but a lot more in a PPR. Same goes with Charles although I think Charles has more potential to be that insane RB1 in the mold of CJ2K of 2 years ago.

You may be right on Johnson but in terms of yardage and TD's, I like him as much as any and think he has the most big play potential out of my personal top 3.

1.06 - AJ

Considered RB here but I'm more confident in grabbing my RB1 in round 2, than if I went RB here and looked for my WR1 in round two. We'll see how it pans out...

There are other WRs right up here but AJ has been the most consistent so I went with the safe production. I have no doubt he'll be in the top 3 if not #1 again.

i was mildly surprised to see the first WR off the board here in standard scoring format but AJ is definately tops in terms of safety and #1 potential.... Good pick

i received an e-mail stating you would send me a check for 57.42 for winning the 2011 nfl draft contest........i sent you a reply several times and have yet to receive it.............if it's legit.......i'll give you my physical address again

You will receive your winnings for the NFL Draft Contest. For your benefit, please don't post your personal information on the forums.

Thanks,

i love a guy like Ray Rice but a lot more in a PPR. Same goes with Charles although I think Charles has more potential to be that insane RB1 in the mold of CJ2K of 2 years ago.

You may be right on Johnson but in terms of yardage and TD's, I like him as much as any and think he has the most big play potential out of my personal top 3.

i was mildly surprised to see the first WR off the board here in standard scoring format but AJ is definately tops in terms of safety and #1 potential.... Good pick

I rode Foster to the championship game last year, but am looking at this as is the arrow pointing up or down? I can see Rice rebounding (and he still had a solid year last year) and I think Foster might repeat but could see a dip, making them a bit more equal in my mind. Call me a total noob, though, as I didn't think to look at the scoring standards before I made my first pick. Had I done so, I might have tipped towards Foster.

Has anybody seen RicemanX today?

ICEMAN

I rode Foster to the championship game last year, but am looking at this as is the arrow pointing up or down? I can see Rice rebounding (and he still had a solid year last year) and I think Foster might repeat but could see a dip, making them a bit more equal in my mind. Call me a total noob, though, as I didn't think to look at the scoring standards before I made my first pick. Had I done so, I might have tipped towards Foster.

i am a huge ray rice fan so im totally on board with your pick. i just could have sworn i saw foster as your pick. must be sleep deprived.

i agree with your reasoning as well. part of the reason i quickly dismissed Foster and chose between CJ and ADP is the idea of a dropoff in Foster's 1, amazing year of production. It may end up being a small one but i have no doubt there will be at least some dropoff. Where as guys like CJ, ADP and Rice could all see boosts from last years (still solid) seasons.

Has anybody seen RicemanX today?

ICEMAN

I haven't seen him and he hasn't checked in but we'll give him some more time. If he's not around by 12:30 CT I'll make a pick for him.

I was just kidding. :cheers: He should have been gone in the first 3 picks for sure. Best and most balanced offense in the NFL with a newly improved defense. (or it should be)

I agree with with this completely. :thumbsup:

1.06 - AJ

I really like a safe pick in round 1, and I'd call this a very safe pick. There are a few Rb's and a few Wr's that warranted a look but this pick is as safe as any of them. (IMHO)

Sorry guys, i'm PST, so I'll be on around 9 am every morning, that is the best I can do for morning picks.

1.07 MJD. I was choosing between him and 2 other RBs. I just liked MJD's chances this year with a rookie QB who will be relying heavily on his star RB.