Sign in to follow this  
cbfalcon

I had to veto a trade last night (keeper league)

Is one of the guys you would be trading back Joe Webb? Cuz if so then its not fair at all, and could possibly roon fantasy football for everytone, everywhere.

I'd love to play in your league.

Any league that you are more concerned with making out with your friends as opposed to winning has gotta be easy pickings

I'd love to play in your league.

Any league that you are more concerned with making out with your friends as opposed to winning has gotta be easy pickings

1) Most of my friends are supermodels. Female supermodels.

2) Joe Webb is a freeking WR, not a QB.

3) My league would chew you up and spit you out. It is a double reverse PPR where we start 3 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 5 Flex WR/RB/TE 2 K, 1 Team Def, 3 Independent Def Players (that are required to be from a different team than your Team DEF) 1 Punter, a team OL, a Head Coach and 1 Fanbase.

Besides that all players of the same position have to play for teams from different divisions. In other words, i cannot start Tom Brady and Mark Sanchez in the same week, but Brady and Payton Manning would be fine.

Also, its required that we adjust/confirm our starting roster at the end of each quarter. Try doing that when you have players spread out over 20 or so teams all playing at once. If you dont confirm a player by the official beginning of the next quarter, that player is benched for the rest of the game, and you play shorthanded.

This league is not for the squeamish. I would love to see you give it a try.

I read the 1st post and only skimmed a small handful of responses.

Count me in as one of the guys who thinks you should keep your nose out of this and let the trade go through. Who are you to tell people what guys are worth?

I sat in a draft where CJ fell and Roddy White was drafted one pick ahead of CJ. Personally, I do not agree with that, but according to your theory we should have stopped the draft and told him he made a dumb move.

What if CJ holds out until week 5. What if he signs and tears his hamstring in the first game.

I think it's definitely more beneficial to the guy getting CJ/Harvin, but it's far from collusion. Roddy White was the best receiver in FFB last year.

Your league mates are right to be pissed, you're a meddling commish. Apologize and let others manage their own teams.

Simply a horrible abuse of commish power. There is no room for trade vetos in fantasy leagues, its as simple as that.

If I think Nate Burleson is going to outscore Andre Johnson and I was to make that trade, than it is my right as the MANAGER OF MY TEAM. who are you to tell me what my players are worth? Not good my friend, not good at all.

+1

This was fun....thanks.

Been reading the boards for years, but I seldom ever post....still probably an idiot.

I've run a 14 man league for 9 years (redraft). We still have 10 of the original member.

In that time, I've vetoed one trade. I got wind of the fact that there was a cash payment involved.

I missed one other episode of collusion...pissed me off. That owner was not invited the next year.

I just wanted to mention that collusion typically takes place late in the season, not before games have even been played.

I wouldn't have any problem with the trade in question.

I think the part you guys are failing to think about is that this is a keeper league. The ages of everyone have to be taken into account also. It's not just a trade for now, it's potentially a trade for forever.

Leagues where unfair trades are allowed to go through just become a race to see who can screw the least knowledgeable owners quickest. Gotta have some checks and balances to keep everything legit. Right?

And this is how "least knowledgeable owners" get better. They make bad trades/bad moves during the year, and bad weekly roster line-up decisions. And hopefully end up learning from their mistakes. They'll never learn anything if they have a baby sitter.

Let me guess...you voted for Obama as you like having someone insuring that the ignorance/laziness of others will always be taken care of by Big Brother?

You screwed the pooch on this one, by not only being a babysitter, but by trying to be a fortune teller too.

how do u veto that trade. white has the same value as cj. and benson or harvin pretty fair. u probably vetoed it because one of those guys where in your division and u felt like it made his team better. good job buddy.

As the owner attempting to benefit from this trade, I'm glad to see everyone on my side. Clearly I was getting the better end of the deal and taking advantage of my lady friend (34B ) who was splitting a team with her boyfriend until they broke up. I was being a shrewd owner and praying on what I sensed was a weakness. I should have the right to do that. I paid my entry fee just like everyone else.

UHHHGGG.

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME CBFALCON AND MOBB DEEP ARE STILL ALIVE?

I THOUGHT THEY WERE KILLED IN THAT ATTEMPTED BANK ROBBERY IN ALABAMA. DIDN'T YOU HEAR....THEY ACCIDENTALLY SHOT EACH OTHER.....BOTH DEAD.

EASY MISTAKE...

THESE GUYS ARE TOTAL JACKAZZES!

They already started the tradeback bs too...

I love how everybody thinks their version of "this is a fair trade and not a case of collusion blah blah blah" is going to add something to this post that is clearly made to poke fun at those same exact people. It's quite entertaining :)

I love how everybody thinks their version of "this is a fair trade and not a case of collusion blah blah blah" is going to add something to this post that is clearly made to poke fun at those same exact people. It's quite entertaining :)

THIS :pointstosky:

Unbelievable how many people just add to this heaping pile of BS without any clue they are the one being mocked.

There are easily 10 references, some obvious and some not, to this thread being a joke and poeple keep adding their two cents to drag it on.

THIS :pointstosky:

Unbelievable how many people just add to this heaping pile of BS without any clue they are the one being mocked.

There are easily 10 references, some obvious and some not, to this thread being a joke and poeple keep adding their two cents to drag it on.

I think most people when they read and contribute to this site don't assume they're dealing with kids doing a prank. If these guys started the thread with the single intention to provoke people, that's pretty silly.

I think most people when they read and contribute to this site don't assume they're dealing with kids doing a prank. If these guys started the thread with the single intention to provoke people, that's pretty silly.

For some reason, it's easier to believe that a commissioner would be this lame than it is to believe a troll would be this lame. I don't get why this thread is funny, but maybe that's because I'm not in junior high school anymore.

For some reason, it's easier to believe that a commissioner would be this lame than it is to believe a troll would be this lame. I don't get why this thread is funny, but maybe that's because I'm not in junior high school anymore.

You've only been on this board for 2 days. This thread goes back about 3 years.

HTH

(send me a PM if you need to know what "HTH" means. and "PM" means "private message". HTH)

It's still not funny.

But I will admit it's pretty ridiculous how many people keep replying thinking the first post was real.

cbfalcon, please stop focking with my mock drafts. If people want to take Arian Foster #1, let them. Quit stopping the mock because the "wrong" player was taken at a particular spot...and quit with your annoying "Practice makes perfect" lecture....it reminds me of the teacher in Pink Floyd's The Wall......if you don't take the right players, you won't win yer league.....how can you win yer league, if you don't take the right players.

As RP is to conservatism, you are to competitive balance....ism.

:thumbsdown:

It's still not funny.

But I will admit it's pretty ridiculous how many people keep replying thinking the first post was real.

This thread is a lot like the show Arrested Devlopment. As a stand alone episode, it's tough to appreciate. But if you have been along for the whole ride, you enjoy the details that new people don't catch....and you laugh.

Besides, now that it is appearing CJ will soon sign a contract, it'd pretty obvious I was right to veto that trade. :thumbsup:

cbfalcon, please stop focking with my mock drafts. If people want to take Arian Foster #1, let them. Quit stopping the mock because the "wrong" player was taken at a particular spot...and quit with your annoying "Practice makes perfect" lecture....it reminds me of the teacher in Pink Floyd's The Wall......if you don't take the right players, you won't win yer league.....how can you win yer league, if you don't take the right players.

As RP is to conservatism, you are to competitive balance....ism.

:thumbsdown:

Listen up cheif. With that tweeted pic of Foster's hammy out there, him going anywhere before 4th simply isn't legit enough to be allowed.

I refuse to run a mock and then allow people to make a mockery of it.

This thread is a lot like the show Arrested Devlopment. As a stand alone episode, it's tough to appreciate. But if you have been along for the whole ride, you enjoy the details that new people don't catch....and you laugh.

Besides, now that it is appearing CJ will soon sign a contract, it'd pretty obvious I was right to veto that trade. :thumbsup:

I may only post during the season, but I've been here for awhile. I've seen these types of threads before. They weren't funny then, and they're not funny now. The guy that's been here for 2 days was 100% correct.

I may only post during the season, but I've been here for awhile. I've seen these types of threads before. They weren't funny then, and they're not funny now. The guy that's been here for 2 days was 100% correct.

They're funny now and they were funny then. The guy that's been here for 2 days is 100% incorrect.

See how easy that is?

They're funny now and they were funny then. The guy that's been here for 2 days is 100% incorrect.

See how easy that is?

I've been a commish for 8 years and two things come to mind:

1) This trade is not lopsided enough to just shoot it down IMO.... valuating keepers is not easy and very subjective compared to non-keepers... you have to try to predict out the primes of each player 3,4,5 years, etc...

2) In our league, anyone can *propose* a veto, but the majority of the league (non-trading teams of course) has to vote and approve the proposed veto....democracy rules!!

I would have *not* proposed a veto on this trade....

I've been a commish for 8 years and two things come to mind:

1) This trade is not lopsided enough to just shoot it down IMO.... valuating keepers is not easy and very subjective compared to non-keepers... you have to try to predict out the primes of each player 3,4,5 years, etc...

2) In our league, anyone can *propose* a veto, but the majority of the league (non-trading teams of course) has to vote and approve the proposed veto....democracy rules!!

:unsure:

See how easy that is?

Well as your sig says, I guess it's because you're young. It's not funny.

1) This trade is not lopsided enough to just shoot it down IMO...

So you admit it's lopsided. YOU just don't think it's lopsided "enough".

Brings to mind the story of Winston Churchill supposedly offering a woman an absurd dollar amount to have sex with him. She agreed. He then asked if she would have sex with him for $20. She responded, "What do you think I am, a prostitute?" He said, "Ma'am, we've already established that you are a prostitute. Now we are just negotiating the price."

So you have agreed the trade is lopsided and implied that some trades are lopsided enough to shoot down, now we are just negotiating the line.

OK, let's add up the number of total posts for the veto group and compare it to the number of total posts for the non-veto group to see who was right.

In that case, you can add my 6,835 posts (since he said nobody over 6k disagrees) to the "not even close to vetoable" tally.

Screw that noise. Even if all 9 other owners (besides me and the two involved) think a veto should occur, and I don't think it is merited, I won't veto. People just get pissy when they see teams getting better. In the absense of collusion or just ridiculous crap (kicker for a starting WR) no veto.

The league I'm commish of just had a draft today. One of the owners selected Peyton Manning as the 4th QB off the board (Vick/Brady/Rodgers). I notified the owner that Peyton is gimpy and in danger of missing serious time. They said they didn't care....they'd always been a fan of Peyton's and wanted to own him on a team before he retired. I said that was a horrible reason to select a player....sentimentality....and that he should reconsider his pick. Again he refused....so in the best interest of the league I made an exectuive decision and made the pick for him (Dez Bryant).

The dude took a swing at me. D!ck.

Oh well, eventually cooler heads prevailed....and the belligerent owner confided in me after the draft was finished that I had done the right thing....that he felt I was like his very own guardian angel looking after him. Little too Michael Landon for me...but whatever. Commishes who rule with a strong, steady hand will gain the respect of the league.

The VaGiants or i mean Giants guy has about 40,000 posts so................ :huh:

Still upset over that 18-1 season?

Agree that trades, in general, should not be vetoed. Only if it's clearly cheating. Doesn't matter how "lopsided" you think it is. If you don't get this, you should not commish a league.

Let's just let this thread die. The OP was obviously trolling, and you're just feeding him. IF by any chance, he was even (sadly) serious, he would have at least mentioned who he thought was getting ripped off.

The league I'm commish of just had a draft today. One of the owners selected Peyton Manning as the 4th QB off the board (Vick/Brady/Rodgers). I notified the owner that Peyton is gimpy and in danger of missing serious time. They said they didn't care....they'd always been a fan of Peyton's and wanted to own him on a team before he retired. I said that was a horrible reason to select a player....sentimentality....and that he should reconsider his pick. Again he refused....so in the best interest of the league I made an exectuive decision and made the pick for him (Dez Bryant).

The dude took a swing at me. D!ck.

Oh well, eventually cooler heads prevailed....and the belligerent owner confided in me after the draft was finished that I had done the right thing....that he felt I was like his very own guardian angel looking after him. Little too Michael Landon for me...but whatever. Commishes who rule with a strong, steady hand will gain the respect of the league.

In general, it's a bad idea to veto draft picks. I've only had to do it a handful of times in my life (most recently when a guy tried to take Dallas Clark when Antonio Gates was still on the board). But in the instance described above, I support your move.

Solid commissionering :thumbsup:

Let's just let this thread die. The OP was obviously trolling, and you're just feeding him. IF by any chance, he was even (sadly) serious, he would have at least mentioned who he thought was getting ripped off.

I'm closing in on 8,000 posts. You have 3. Not quite qualified to call anyone a troll.

completely agree with no vetoing unless cheating/collusion was involved. these threads rule.

haven't read this whole thread but THIS is the answer.

cbfalcon, you've been posting here for a while, I'm disappointed the you'd handle this like a rookie commish.

Unless there proof of collusion or cheating, no veto.

OK, let's add up the number of total posts for the veto group and compare it to the number of total posts for the non-veto group to see who was right.

Toss my total into the non-veto group. Mobb never makes sense. :rolleyes:

This veto is a joke.

wow this has got to be the worst thread ever

STOP SAYING THE VETO WAS STUPID, THIS IS A TROLL THREAD!

wow this has got to be the worst thread ever

STOP SAYING THE VETO WAS STUPID, THIS IS A TROLL THREAD!

If I were the commish of this board, I'd veto this post.

zinger!

but honestly at this point I'm hoping that all the people actually arguing against the veto are joking as well

Troll or not...I'll admit I don't "know" the OP. BUT, I've seen enough posts on this board (and others) that were similar (unfortunately) to take it as real....